Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 853 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 12:05 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:50:
Then walk in and order it and get it to go? Chipolte isn't fast food, it's 'fast casual'.

But it's ok to lie about a child with a major illness to get muffin's? And if you don't have enough time to sit down and eat at a Chipolte, and are asking for a drive-thru, why the fuck do you care what the people are doing inside the B&M in the first place? And who the hell said that Chipolte was the place to go gather at socially?

yeahhhh it's a joke dude, like when i bust out 'my mom is dead' when someone throws a 'your mom...' joke at me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2014, 11:47 1badmf

FYI creston, i just got my DA:I key =D  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 11:44 1badmf

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:02:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:54:
Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:24:
Taylor swift has made "Less than $500,000 across hundreds of millions of plays."

The poor thing. She's probably starving. Maybe we should start a fundraiser.

If shes that poorly compensated, how well can anyone else be doing? I don't know shit about Taylor Swift other than she seems to mega popular but it seems like these companies aren't being fair about how revenue is split.

If what I've heard about the streaming audio business is true if they paid anybody any more than what they are currently they would basically be paying to stay in business. It doesn't seem to be a very sustainable business model unless Spotify is somehow different.

did some quick research, even artists that get 100% royalties make chump change for thousands of plays. there's something not right about it cuz spotify make hundreds of millions every year. think WOW revenue, but with ad money on top of that. i don't see where their costs would be except mostly in royalties, and surely they can afford to pay more than a cent per play.

i'm not talking about taylor swift fyi, but the unwashed masses of lesser artists that eek out a living doing this.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 11:37 1badmf

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:15:
1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:25:
there are still people in the 30fps camp?!? man i used to be one of them, like, 15 years ago. that was my first real taste of bumping up against my own ego, when my friend showed me a quake game side by side, rendered in 30 and 60 fps. clear difference. that was the first time i can remember being unequivocally wrong in my adult life, and i'm glad i chose the path of truth where a lot of people would just argue endlessly because they con't actually care about the truth and just cant suffer the embarrassment to their ego of being wrong. just thought i'd share that interesting tidbit in my evolution as a person =D

I've never heard anyone make any of the claims in that article. Or, at least, not in years and years.

What you hear instead is:
1) "I can't really notice the difference unless it's side-by-side, and I don't play side-by-side, so I won't let it bother me"
2) "If you didn't tell me it was 30fps I never would have noticed on my own"
3) "There are trade-offs, and we get fewer frames for more graphic fidelity. Since this isn't a twitchy action game, that is fine by me"

i was actually firmly entrenched in the 30fps camp cuz i think i heard someone smart say that we can't distinguish above 24 fps anyway. man that was way wrong. 3 is generally the camp i'm in these days cuz i don't wanna have to upgrade every year to maintain 60fps.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 11:35 1badmf

Pigeon wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:30:
There were times I'd rather stand and explain how to do things. Usually for computer basics because I didn't want to get a call every time someone thought their file got 'deleted' because it was no longer in the recently opened documents, aka the only way they knew how to open a file.

are you for real? that, man, i just, jesus people are stupid.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 10:25 1badmf

there are still people in the 30fps camp?!? man i used to be one of them, like, 15 years ago. that was my first real taste of bumping up against my own ego, when my friend showed me a quake game side by side, rendered in 30 and 60 fps. clear difference. that was the first time i can remember being unequivocally wrong in my adult life, and i'm glad i chose the path of truth where a lot of people would just argue endlessly because they con't actually care about the truth and just cant suffer the embarrassment to their ego of being wrong. just thought i'd share that interesting tidbit in my evolution as a person =D  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2014, 10:14 1badmf

very sad story about spaceship two, but i truly hope it doesn't ruin the (ad)venture. i believe to the point of absurdity that we're destined to live in space, but it'll be the private sector that must take us there if it's to be a routine thing. i hope virgin, spacex, ULA can take us there and sometime within my lifetime i'll see permanent off world colonies.

if it's true what the copilot did, that's a pretty egregious error, akin to lowering the landing gear at cruising altitude.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
42. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 14, 2014, 01:28 1badmf

El Pit wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 00:14:
Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 17:39:
1badmf wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 17:22:
he has a beastly rig so he expects everything to run well on it and anything that doesn't is simply unacceptable.

Do you disagree with that opinion? If even today's most powerful rigs can't run this game smoothly, there is either some massive performance bug going on, or the engine is flatout terrible.

To guarantee the best cinematic experience, Ubi made sure even the best rigs in 10 years will be able to run this game at 30 fps... MAX. That's what they mean when they're talking about "future proofed". Right now, it's even MORE cinematic for a lot of people - 20 fps is the new 60 fps +!

in anything but an action shooter like quake, 30 fps is perfectly acceptable to me, and TB already said his rig can run it just south of 60, so no, acceptable framerates are not out of reach, especially once they do optimize it (if they do). there's a third possibility which i think is the true one - that they pushed the envelope so far that it's out beyond what most pcs can handle, and yes, i'm perfectly fine with that. it gives me something to shoot for, and more importantly it gives the competition a qualitative goal that they have to compete with in people's minds instead of going with just 'shittiest image quality they can get away with' approach.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
27. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 17:22 1badmf

Verno wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 12:15:
I find TB is pretty close to what I consider a normal "core" gamer, hes really good at some types of games and bad at others like most people. Anyone who has streamed with commentary knows that its very difficult to keep a running commentary and fully concentrate on the game too. Giantbomb on the other hand, those guys are just straight up bad at most games and I find watching them play kind of painful. Their interaction with each other is more entertaining than anything else.

mostly you're right, except TB is something of a pc elitist in a bad way imo. he has a beastly rig so he expects everything to run well on it and anything that doesn't is simply unacceptable. he says ACU looks like shit on High (i remember him saying it looks worse than AC4), but i find major fault with that. even on low, it looks miles better than anything even late last gen like ac4, like mass effect 3. it seems a 680 really is minimum cuz even on low i can't break 20fps with xfire 6950s.

the bugs are bad, sure, but the performance issues are something else. there might be some bad code, but i strongly feel that the heart of the matter is simply that ACU is pushing the bleeding edge further than any game since crysis1, so for the most part there's really nothing to be done performance-wise except to uglify the shit out of it, and that shouldn't ever be the goal, especially for our pc master race. you want to play the best looking game on the market? upgrade. that's the way it was when i was growing up and that's the way it should be, TB griping or no.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2014, 17:07 1badmf

i feel like posting anything of or relating to the color blue is some kind of conflict of interest around here.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 10:00 1badmf

his situation with the jets was always weird. he always had the physical gifts; i always suspected it was cuz the jets weren't good enough around him, which has sortof proven to be true. other than chris ivory, that teams stinks up and down. i think sanchez will do a lot better now that he has legit weapons around him.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 09:52 1badmf

jomisab wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:16:
Personally, I don't like how they lay out all the chapters up-front, with only the first one being unlocked.

I'd rather just start the game and progress naturally without being aware of all the chunks ahead of me.

Doesn't exactly make it feel "open worldish", even though I certainly don't expect anything like a Skyrim or Fallout.

yeah i agree. makes the game feel less like a dynamic experience and more like a check list.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 09:15 1badmf

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:59:
1badmf wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:42:
i didn't watch the colbert cuz both sides of this thing has gotten beyond stupid, but from the snippets i've seen, it seems like he was subtly trolling her and she didn't even realize it. true or no?

He was very fair. He didn't say "gamers" or "all these gamers", he said "some gamers" when describing the harassment.

And when he specifically asked for multiple examples in games that had a negative message towards gender, she basically spun her wheels, blurted out "grand theft auto" (aka media whipping boy) and then ignored his question and went on with her prepared statement.

She looked rather ill informed (as always).

which is what i mean by subtle trolling - like he knew she was gonna be a transparent puppet and gave her just enough rope to hang herself.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 09:12 1badmf

Doma wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:00:
According to TB, it runs like shit on his beast of a machine aswell

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sica1s

don't know why he thinks it doesn't justify the steep reqs. it's the best looking game i've ever seen, by a mile. especially the face/skin textures and the translucency and subsurface scattering. it's like what crysis1 was when it first came out - you need a cyborg from the future to come back to run it, but man it looks delicious. and frankly i'm all for that type of future-proofing.

he complains about it barely holding 60 fps; i'm guessing mine is under 20, but plugging in that second 6950 should do the trick!

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 08:45 1badmf

welp, time to upgrade. or rather, plug in the upgrades that i bought a year ago heh. runs like shit on a hot day on my 3 y/o gaming rig, but looks fantastic.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 08:42 1badmf

i didn't watch the colbert cuz both sides of this thing has gotten beyond stupid, but from the snippets i've seen, it seems like he was subtly trolling her and she didn't even realize it. true or no?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 08:38 1badmf

man enahs is like a football savant or something. i just can't pass him up!

also, /salute to the veterans out there, and to my brother who's a captain in the marine corp and trucks around the sky in a KC-130J super herc.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 19:07 1badmf

ouch. just... ouch. streaming stuff without buffering just a way of life now. first world problems and all, but man, i'd blow a gasket having to buffer, or worse yet, not being able to stream anything.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 18:11 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 13:41:
Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 13:13:
They made a new spiffy unified store front but forgot that the PS3 has 2006 era specs and can barely even render it. Load times on the PS3 games were always brutal too, the file system encryption they used on that thing murders performance.

Yeah, it's crazy. It takes several minutes just to get a DVD going...

I'd still give it a year on getting a next gen. The 1TB bundles will likely be standard by then and there will be more games out. By then Sony will have several exclusives out and you can just pick based on your preferences. My line of thought is that Nintendo or Sony just makes more sense in terms of stuff you can't get elsewhere if you already have a gaming PC.

I just look at the PS4, and while the hardware is undeniably nicer, there just really isn't anything I want to play on it. Have they actually released anything of note in the last year? I guess the Last of Us remake and Second Son, and that's about it?

In the meantime, Forza Horizons 2 looks awesome, the HALO master chief collection looks really sweet (20GB day one patch though... Fucking hell...), Sunset Overdrive looks like a ton of fun. I like to rag on MS and curse them to death and darkness for their bullshit tactics in getting exclusives, but it's kinda hard to argue that it isn't working. And at least they've stepped off their bullshit "We believe we offer value at $500" argument. With all the promotions currently going on, you can basically get the Sunset Overdrive bundle for half that price.

I might get an Xbox down the line when they're under $200 but my problem is more that I don't have time to play everything so I have to kinda limit my platforms otherwise I'm just wasting money.

Yeah with DA:I coming out next week I'm not starved for something to play, but right after Xmas might be a nice time to get something else, especially since GTA5 has that nasty bullshit-DRM-on-the-PC rumor going on.

how come it takes you so long to download stuff? i don't get the impression you're some kid mooching off your parents' AOL, and on my connection i could download a full bluray in a couple hours tops. that's why i don't mind buying DAI from GMG - just leave it to download while i'm at work, come home slay dragons till the cows come home.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2014, 22:44 1badmf

'racked with guilt' that was a pun too huh? also, anyone seen interstellar? my god it's full of stars...  

853 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo