Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1031 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
27. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 03:47 1badmf

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 01:18:
1badmf wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 01:07:
the dialogue of the originals was always at least charming with Ford and Fisher delivering them with confident aplomb.

The original series was better, but even it wasn't the greatest where dialogue was concerned.

right, and a lot of the same lines were delivered in the prequels to catastrophic results. but coming out of the deliveries of the original cast they somehow became natural and spontaneous. i think harrison ford could make dr. seuss sound natural and spontaneous. come to think of it, i'd be REALLY curious to see him do Shakespeare, whether it'd be an unmitigated disaster or if he could achieve an american naturalness that no one's seen before.

i particularly remember leia's speech on the eve of the evacuation of hoth about the ion cannon firing several shots, how it was so long and technical, and yet she pulled it off like she was a professor teaching a class.

the lines as written were probably overly dense and verbose but the cast just made it come to life; something the prequel cast couldn't ever do. maybe it was that they had worse lines, but i think some of it is that they weren't as good as the original cast as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warships Video Diary
7. Re: World of Warships Video Diary Apr 17, 2015, 01:11 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 18:08:
It's a shame this is free to play. Looks like they're doing a lot of things right for a casual ship to ship action game.

why is it a shame? world of tanks is built on the same model and it's highly successful by all indications.

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 01:07 1badmf

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:52:
nin wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:05:
It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.

Has dialogue ever been star wars strong suit?

"Yippeeeee!"

"Are you an angel?"

"It's over Anakin! I have the higher ground!"

"He killed younglings, Padme! YOUNGLINGS!"

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

the dialogue of the originals was always at least charming with Ford and Fisher delivering them with confident aplomb. i imagine they were pretty hokey on the page, so that magic was all on the cast. and i thought pretty much all of yoda's lines in Empire were sheer poetry.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." words i still try to live by.

re: the trailer, i have to agree with burrito about the snippet with han. that line was a bit of a bottom feeding attention grab. i have a hard time picturing the masculine pragmatist han that i grew up saying something like that. that scene alone makes me wary - proves JJ is still not above pandering and cheap fan service. this film shouldn't be the least bit about fandom wish fulfillment. it should be about star wars and there is absolutely no need to cheapen the film with nods and winks to the audience like that.

News Comments > World of Warships Video Diary
4. Re: World of Warships Video Diary Apr 16, 2015, 17:45 1badmf

uh... what happened here? i feel like you got a drive-by beta invite, in which case where's mine?!?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 17:44 1badmf

dude i'm sorry, but you are trying way too hard to be the hipster star wars fan that's trying to revise the reputation of the prequels (and the originals). everything people have said about both is true - the prequels deserved to be lambasted for the two-dimensional tripe that they are, and the originals were visions of genius when they came out. i think you forgot the part where nothing like them had ever been seen before. all three originals rank among the best films ever made for various reasons, and Empire is personally in my top 5 films of all time. i think the reason you can't see the difference is because you seem to be completely blind to what is good and bad writing and acting.  

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
29. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 16, 2015, 02:17 1badmf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 15:43:
Dacron wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 14:33:
Well to be fair it sounds more like full sim support than for the average user.

Where guys have race seats, control pedestals and sometimes hydraulically controlled seats in front of 3-12 monitors on rigs set up just for simulation driving.

You just described my dad. That's all he plays and has spent a kingly sum on building a full motion cockpit simulator.

can your dad be my dad!?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 17:52 1badmf

is anyone here under 30?!? i think blue's traffic numbers will probably remain stable until we all start kicking the bucket as we're reading Blue's in our retirement homes.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: sexist attidudes.. summary Apr 9, 2015, 17:20 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 14:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 11:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 09:50:
The cultivation effects of sexist attitudes from a general use of videogames over a three year period from a German population has not resulted in any appreciable changes in sexist attitudes.

Saves you clicking on GamaSutra and reading a ton of pointless writing. Study shows there is NO relation, btw (nice clickbait headline which leaves the "no" out to make the headline more baity)

No shit. It's the same reason people who grew up watching Bugs Bunny cartoons don't go around dropping anvils on people's heads. If you can't distinguish fantasy from reality you've got far bigger problems to worry about than whether something is violent or sexist.

When I was 3 I hit my 1 year old brother in the head to see the stars, after watching roadrunner cartoons. Mom threw out the TV after that, and we didn't get another until I was 10 or so.

hahahaha man kids are so dumb. taking away a tv won't stop kids from being stupid. they'll find a way. i remember one time my brother suggested we play tug-of-war... on our bikes. even at the time i had misgivings about this idea of momentum, but i did it anyway. well, we both went hurtling over our handlebars. no tv involved.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 17:14 1badmf

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:51:

Blue, If you guys are losing to the Ai... jesus... that should probably be streamed for entertainment purposes.

seconded!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2015, 01:13 1badmf

i never claimed LA was any better, was just wondering if NY was as bad as they come across in the news, in particular at the lowest level of one on one interactions where that stop and frisk bullshit was blatant institutional racism.

that us vs them thing seems to be a real problem with police these days - that 'protect and serve' slogan seems to be just lip service these days where police depts seem more interested in protecting themselves and see their communities as nothing but a pool of potential criminals/enemies.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 18:23 1badmf

question for our NY friends - are cops out there generally dicks? just from my oh so scientific anecdotal memory, there seems to be a lot of sortof low level police authoritarianism going on out there. like the stop-and-frisk thing (how they ever thought that was constitutional...), or what creston posted, or a video of a bunch of cops verbally abusing some dude who was trying playing an innocent prank on them.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 04:12 1badmf

if i remember correctly, your napkin calcs were for total replacement. we don't need that. we'd just need to makeup whatever the shortfall would be for the season, which for most years would be negligible. it's only infrequent droughts that make it imperative, but most years most of said desal plants would be in mothballs which is what makes the economics and politics of them rather tricky. we could nearly bankrupt the state building these things, and then they could be political suicide when short sighted fools see they're mostly not being used, and use that as a campaign platform to push out the long thinkers.

but i'm glad jerry brown is in office. he really seems to genuinely care about doing what's best for the state in his older years above politics and i don't think he'd be afraid of political suicide if he thought this was necessary.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 2, 2015, 01:24 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 23:50:
I actually think Google is making me dumber. Instead of remembering stuff in my head, I just remember how to find it.

on the other hand, i'm exactly the genius i think i am XD

no but seriously, i do applaud people that use the internet to better themselves even if their retention of data isn't very long. some of it will stick. and i do believe memory retention is a form of intelligence, as much so as logic and rhetoric.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 01:12 1badmf

nin wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 00:13:
In all seriousness, I don't mean to offend. But Bronies (and their rise, over the past few years) really have me scratching my head.

bahahahaha you know they're way outta control when they make our resident gay guy cringe.

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One
12. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One Apr 1, 2015, 18:20 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 14:56:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 13:33:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 12:18:
Verno wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 09:58:
Haha yeah, the HL3 trailer takes the cake this year.
Yep that was priceless

And introducing: The Cockulus Rift! It comes with the game, and you will too!

Awesome.

april fools! it's not real.

So, um, do they sell that separately?

What??! I'm asking for a friend!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2015, 18:13 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 17:52:
Redmask wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 17:35:
Shouldn't the whole site be done in pink? Some unicorns would be funny too.

We draw the line at unicorns sir.

do you? are unicorns too gay?

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2015, 00:51 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 00:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 20:43:
my wtf moment of the month (waited until the last day)

I am not sure how I feel about this, but I have an Amazon Echo in the middle of the house, so we haev music going almost all the time. My son was hanging out, so I said "Alexa, play children's music" and this came on.....

so.....as a father....not sure if this is good or not. I mean, the sound is actually pretty amazing, and I am very impressed with the quality...but the fact that my son would listen to NIN....as a lullaby.....I mean.....how f'd am I making him out of the gate....I mean.....shit....I just don't know what to think about this....you have to hear it - it is amazing, yet.....f-d up!

nin would approve.

ironic if he didn't XD

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 17:56 1badmf

compared to these guys i'm practically still in the crib since i'm still in my 30s =P  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2015, 02:45 1badmf

yeah but you're more like the happy southern neighbor that talks funny and welcomes everybody with massive amounts of sweet tea. bob's more like the plantation owner that thinks he's better than everybody.

...that was a joke.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2015, 18:43 1badmf

oh, weird. i think i saw the first review was from SD at the time i looked. might have to check that place out some weekend or other.  

1031 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo