Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 544 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Announced
21. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 18:04 1badmf

Bundy wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 17:19:
Eventually reviews will get worse, sales will fall, and spinoffs will get cancelled. Then there will be a year with no new AC game. And a year or two later it'll get rebooted. Hopefully all the bad design decisions will be gone, and something more solid will emerge. It still has a lot of good qualities. They just need to focus on what is working and not be afraid to trash the rest. Sadly, that won't happen until an AC game flops hard.

man i agree with you so hard it might just create an agreement singularity. AC's design is so tired and lazy now that it really needs to be burned to the ground and rebooted. most glaringly, the same 4 open world missions need to get thrown out in favor of a lot of custom missions. what were they - kill somebody, follow somebody, race somebody... something else. really, with as many devs and they've got working on this, they couldn't ditch the lazy formulaic stuff and have all that creativity produce custom story missions?

i've had AC3 in my steam lib since it came out and i really wanna finish the story, but i just can't bring myself to unlock another. god. damn. viewpont!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 16:36 1badmf

Bundy wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 15:57:
1badmf wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 15:53:
if they really wanted to cut ties with the past -literally- they should just do a modern AC with tech out the wazoo. throw all the series conventions out the window and let a new reputable studio take a crack at it.

There's already like 10 studios involved in the AC games. They're huge productions. But like everyone has said on here. They dont seem to realize what's working and what isn't for these games. Giant open go anywhere worlds. Works! Sitting on a bench listening. Doesn't work! Large towns filled with active npcs. Works really well. Follow missions. Has never worked in any game ever.

yeah, as always the real talent is at the bottom, and the bottom feeders at the top making all the safe decisions. that's why as much as it sucked for irrational, i can't blame ken levine for starting over. at this point AC is such a behemoth i don't think anyone will dare rock the boat and risk the cash cow.

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 15:53 1badmf

if they really wanted to cut ties with the past -literally- they should just do a modern AC with tech out the wazoo. throw all the series conventions out the window and let a new reputable studio take a crack at it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 16:37 1badmf

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:16:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:04:
Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:13:
I haven't seen multiple people say that, just one who might have misspoke. What else has been said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMvF05ZT70

The one person who said it (that CV1 would be higher res) was Palmer. He's a pretty good source on the matter. I ordered a DK2. My hope is that we can read text in it. It was next to impossible in DK1. I'll be impressed if they can get the price below $300 for CV1.

That's the video I linked to, containing the one not-exactly-conclusive clue at 3:40.

how is that not-exactly-conclusive? he says in no uncertain terms, "The consumer product will have higher resolution..." i don't see any room for debate there.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 16:36 1badmf

Frijoles wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:04:
Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:13:
I haven't seen multiple people say that, just one who might have misspoke. What else has been said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMvF05ZT70

The one person who said it (that CV1 would be higher res) was Palmer. He's a pretty good source on the matter. I ordered a DK2. My hope is that we can read text in it. It was next to impossible in DK1. I'll be impressed if they can get the price below $300 for CV1.

man after watching that, i am pumped for this nonsense! he said it would come out soonish, that they have their CV1 design and specs down and they just need to get cracking on the hardware, subject to supply. so i'm taking that to mean within a year. no way soonish means 2 years.

also palmer says unequivocally, "the consumer product is going to have higher resolution, lower weight, lower latency, higher framerate..." even with economies of scale, with all that there's no possible way it'll be cheaper than DK2. higher res than 1080p probably means a 1440p screen and i don't think any phones even have those yet. unless they sell at a loss like sony did with ps3, $400 minimum.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 13:59 1badmf

why would you think the V1 would be 1080p when multiple people at OVR have said it will be higher than DK2? from what i've read, V1 will be all around better than DK2, so there's really no possible way it'll be cheaper. same price at best, if they can get economies of scale to kick in, but most likely i bet it'll be around $400.  

News Comments > Armored Warfare Announced
6. Re: Armored Warfare Announced Mar 20, 2014, 13:53 1badmf

world of tanks: modern armor? wouldn't mind that. though they really need to update their technology and game mechanics.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Mar 19, 2014, 15:57 1badmf

why is this still a thing? somebody euthanize this bitch already.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 15:44 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:23:
Do you like Pro basketball, Blue? Personally I greatly prefer the college game -- the pro game allows WAY TOO much contact, not to mention the three steps, no dribble, no travelling calls.

It's quite the event for my close friends. For the last 15 years or we have gotten together for this. It started out as a 34" Trinitron flat screen tube, two 27" tvs and a 24" monitor so we could be watching all 4 games simultaneously. Now we are up to a 65" plasma, two 55" images from projectors on the wall on both sides of the plasma and a 38" LCD. This first 4 day portion is the best, 12 hours a day of basketball, and more beer and snacks than we should really consume.

not a fan of march madness myself, but definitely a fan of bro-ing it out. wish my friends were more into sports so we could do something like this.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 15:55 1badmf

oh man what a severely underrated movie. the ending was one of the great WTF moments in cinema.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released Mar 14, 2014, 21:17 1badmf

Sho wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 20:31:
Yeah, Star Citizen can suck it for now - all the real actual gameplay ED keeps showing looks great.

don't get too uppity - scott manley, a youtuber replied to my comment about space flight, said there were some artificial restrictions on zero-g movement. specifically that the slower your straight line speed is, the slower your rotational speed is allowed to be. he said it was a gameplay restriction, but i don't see the point, having played many 6dof games myself.

also, star citizen DFM will be out in a month.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 18:29 1badmf

what'r golden cookie clicks?  

34. Re: Fuck AAA development Mar 14, 2014, 17:19 1badmf

how do you get that? man i thought i was hot shit when i got up to 8 CpS haha.  

32. Re: Fuck AAA development Mar 14, 2014, 17:15 1badmf

do you guys bother clicking anymore? my finger kinda hurts...  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 17:03 1badmf

i tend to think the latter. the basic idea of PI is that it's the circumference of a circle (distance of outer edge) divided by its diameter. it's a constant ratio based on the definition of a circle, not any arbitrary counting system. so the ratio will always remain the same regardless of what base you use. kinda like how the ratio of the sides of a square is always 1:1 or the interior angles of a triangle always equal the same number (180 in base10).  

21. Re: Fuck AAA development Mar 14, 2014, 16:46 1badmf

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 16:41:
1badmf wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 16:37:
Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 15:11:
COOKIES is the best game EVER MADE.

goddamit. you sunnuvabitch!

Bwahahahahahaha. MOAR COOKIES!!!

is there a point to this other than to drive you mad? cuz i coulda sworn i was still young when i started this...

18. Re: Fuck AAA development Mar 14, 2014, 16:37 1badmf

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 15:11:
COOKIES is the best game EVER MADE.

goddamit. you sunnuvabitch!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 10:36 1badmf

Panickd wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:27:
nin wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:08:
Canceled mine, but I have it until July. We'll see if it elicits the same sort of response the last netflix price hike got.

As someone elsewhere posted, I'd rather just drop amazon streaming video from the package, to offset the price. Also, if they're going to charge for two day shipping, they need to stop using UPS smartpost, as those dumbfucks can't deliver shit.

I'm still on board for $99 a year. It's a damn site better that the $120-140 a year they were talking about boosting it to. And I use them to ship enough crap that it makes a difference.

As for them stopping using UPS, FedEx is just as shit. If you want any sort of guaranteed delivery of an unmolested package from either of them you need to pay through the nose for it. The "next day by 10am" packages are literally handled by hand from person to person. Every thing else is shuttled down conveyors and sometimes drop kicked into trucks, especially around XMas time.

as someone who works somewhere along the UPS delivery line, I... have no comment =DDD

News Comments > Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs
21. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 15:55 1badmf

submit to the gospel of Vista my son, repent, and DON'T BLOW YOUR CASH ON UNNEEDED OS UPGRADES! THE POWER OF GATES COMPELS YOU!  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:56 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:17:
Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 12:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 11:20:
Tombstone is on.......

In case you missed it - D3 is 19.99 at Blizz right now. Can't complain at that price point! Loot 2.0 is a really nice change.

Yeah, I caved and got it. Like Alien said, consider it a $20 rental. At least that's how I'm rationalizing my hyporcrisy, sigh. Doesn't help that I'm snowed in and bored out of my skull atm. We're getting another 1-3 feet of snow today. It's snowing like a mofo out right now. Effing sigh. I seriously think I'm getting the SAD now. If this isn't over in the next 2 weeks or so then fuck it I'm going to Florida or something for a week.

Bobbob says you can stay with him in San Diego for a few weeks. That's why he posts about the weather all the time: it's an invitation.

man why do i never get any credit for being a climate snob? warm santa anas blowing through right now, gonna hit 90 this weekend. that combined with it being my friend's bday AND my other friend having an apt. a mile from huntington beach... draw your own conclusions ;-)

544 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo