Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 840 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 09:12 1badmf

Doma wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:00:
According to TB, it runs like shit on his beast of a machine aswell

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sica1s

don't know why he thinks it doesn't justify the steep reqs. it's the best looking game i've ever seen, by a mile. especially the face/skin textures and the translucency and subsurface scattering. it's like what crysis1 was when it first came out - you need a cyborg from the future to come back to run it, but man it looks delicious. and frankly i'm all for that type of future-proofing.

he complains about it barely holding 60 fps; i'm guessing mine is under 20, but plugging in that second 6950 should do the trick!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 08:45 1badmf

welp, time to upgrade. or rather, plug in the upgrades that i bought a year ago heh. runs like shit on a hot day on my 3 y/o gaming rig, but looks fantastic.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 08:42 1badmf

i didn't watch the colbert cuz both sides of this thing has gotten beyond stupid, but from the snippets i've seen, it seems like he was subtly trolling her and she didn't even realize it. true or no?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 08:38 1badmf

man enahs is like a football savant or something. i just can't pass him up!

also, /salute to the veterans out there, and to my brother who's a captain in the marine corp and trucks around the sky in a KC-130J super herc.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 19:07 1badmf

ouch. just... ouch. streaming stuff without buffering just a way of life now. first world problems and all, but man, i'd blow a gasket having to buffer, or worse yet, not being able to stream anything.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 18:11 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 13:41:
Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 13:13:
They made a new spiffy unified store front but forgot that the PS3 has 2006 era specs and can barely even render it. Load times on the PS3 games were always brutal too, the file system encryption they used on that thing murders performance.

Yeah, it's crazy. It takes several minutes just to get a DVD going...

I'd still give it a year on getting a next gen. The 1TB bundles will likely be standard by then and there will be more games out. By then Sony will have several exclusives out and you can just pick based on your preferences. My line of thought is that Nintendo or Sony just makes more sense in terms of stuff you can't get elsewhere if you already have a gaming PC.

I just look at the PS4, and while the hardware is undeniably nicer, there just really isn't anything I want to play on it. Have they actually released anything of note in the last year? I guess the Last of Us remake and Second Son, and that's about it?

In the meantime, Forza Horizons 2 looks awesome, the HALO master chief collection looks really sweet (20GB day one patch though... Fucking hell...), Sunset Overdrive looks like a ton of fun. I like to rag on MS and curse them to death and darkness for their bullshit tactics in getting exclusives, but it's kinda hard to argue that it isn't working. And at least they've stepped off their bullshit "We believe we offer value at $500" argument. With all the promotions currently going on, you can basically get the Sunset Overdrive bundle for half that price.

I might get an Xbox down the line when they're under $200 but my problem is more that I don't have time to play everything so I have to kinda limit my platforms otherwise I'm just wasting money.

Yeah with DA:I coming out next week I'm not starved for something to play, but right after Xmas might be a nice time to get something else, especially since GTA5 has that nasty bullshit-DRM-on-the-PC rumor going on.

how come it takes you so long to download stuff? i don't get the impression you're some kid mooching off your parents' AOL, and on my connection i could download a full bluray in a couple hours tops. that's why i don't mind buying DAI from GMG - just leave it to download while i'm at work, come home slay dragons till the cows come home.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2014, 22:44 1badmf

'racked with guilt' that was a pun too huh? also, anyone seen interstellar? my god it's full of stars...  

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
7. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 7, 2014, 20:10 1badmf

are they still requiring you login to uplay even if you buy it on steam?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 17:11 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 14:28:
Speaking of Mass Effect, Chris Schlerf (who? Dunno. Apparently he wrote HALO 4, so if someone played that, please chime in) is the lead writer for the next ME game (or trilogy, since there have been rumors that it'll be a new trilogy.)

No idea whether to be happy or not, since I have no idea whether the guy is any good or not. Mac Walters is at least no longer lead writer, but he is still creative director, so he can undoubtedly fuck more shit up.

halo 4 was probably the best halo narrative-wise. if he's the writer i'm fully ok with that.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2014, 17:09 1badmf

not to be too divisive, but i'm pretty sure the answer isn't that simple. what almost nobody (even intelligent people like yourself) realizes is that american politics are unique in the world. nobody else has to manage the well being of 300,000,000 people with a balance of free-market and wealth redistribution in such a way that pisses nobody off. of course it can't be done, because there's no way to please 300 million people at once, but on the whole i think we've done a reasonable job of it. it's an imperfect system, but i have serious doubts about anyone that claims to know the answers.

the europeans are getting a savory taste of the difficulties of it with their half-hearted Union, and they're fucking it up far worse than we are despite their (inferior) superiority complex.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
29. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 16:41 1badmf

Flatline wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 16:15:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 16:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:50:
And Diablo original?
Yep. Diablo was original. First time someone combined a rogue type game with real time fights thus creating the action RPG or Hack 'n Slash.

Warcraft was one the first RTS. Blizzard and Westwood, fighting for the top in this very new genre.

I don't know if a graphical real time version of nethack was particularly original or not. Shifting the focus to lootfest was probably the most original aspect of Diablo.

Warcraft came after Dune 2, and had two innovations over Dune 2: a much better UI (especially mouse commands) and more than one resource type.

i dunno if it was the first, but diablo was the best pure action rpg. up until then everything was turn based, stat based crawls. in that sense it was innovative - taking the slog out and hammering home the action.

as for this game, a little too tf2 derivative to me. and if it's truly skill based, the nubs (most of their fanbase) aren't gonna last long cuz it won't be fun be pwned by long time fps veterans.

19. Re: Road Rage Nov 7, 2014, 16:33 1badmf

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:29:
Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:32:
Well, send that video to someone who can sharpen it up a bit, get the license plate, and have that piece of shit arrested for attempted murder.

That video is unreal. Over a parking spot, what an ape.

thirdhand, but apparently the suv driver punched out the window of the little car with the wife and baby in the back seat. i can see why the dude would get mad, but man, attempted vehicular assault is never the answer. unless you're mad max; then it's coo.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 7, 2014, 00:59 1badmf

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 23:38:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:21:
Your better off barfing non stop and flushing 1000 dollars down the toilet with a bucket strapped to your head then buying a VR set.

Really bad analogy, no you wouldn't.

don't respond to that guy, he's just a useless troll. i'm pretty sure he doesn't actually believe anything he says, just trying to piss people off.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Nov 6, 2014, 01:44 1badmf

i dunno why everybody's griping about the facial expressions, i thought they were quite good for a video game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
15. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 18:00 1badmf

am i the only one who read it correctly as PO-lish? i don't know why being related to poland would enter your minds.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 4, 2014, 20:10 1badmf

hah, fuckin gavan. i've known that guy since he was in college. never thought i'd see his stuff on here. way to go man.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 4, 2014, 20:09 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:44:
ALL SHALL FALL UNDER THE BOOT OF THE INQUISITION!

Ahem.

somehow it doesn't surprise me that you're a vindictive, avenging angel type of inquisitor XD

News Comments > Dragon Age: The Last Court Revealed
6. Re: Dragon Age: The Last Court Revealed Nov 4, 2014, 00:58 1badmf

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 19:37:
Creston, go play this and let us know how it is.

it's free and in open beta, so you could check it out yourself =P

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2014, 16:39 1badmf

*ahem* first place overall in the pickem league! that is all. we now resume your regularly scheduled programming.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
28. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 1, 2014, 04:22 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 00:28:
harlock wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 00:17:
i honestly think the lack of healing spells/limited potions is from a demons/dark souls influence... challenging rpgs are in fashion currently, which is good - shit back in the day they were fucking brutal

That could very well be. Like I said, I like their design thought behind it, and the game looked properly difficult in several of their twitch streams. (Their lead dev wiped several times in a dungeon, for example.)

i haven't gotten my key yet either. i'll let you know when i do. it's worth the money if you can find one of gmg's many discount codes though. i paid $46 bux total.

840 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo