Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1065 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2015, 18:07 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:31:
I ran track in high school, so I've known about the mystery holes on sneakers for quite some time. Thumbsup I recently passed the knowledge on to some people at the pizza shop who kept getting blisters. It's one of those things that you think everyone knows, but it's really a secret to everyone.

man i dunno... i feel like that video opened my eyes to A Whole New Woooooorld for some reason. i've been an athlete my whole life and pretty much every running shoe i've ever owned had those extra holes and i never knew why... until now. makes me wonder what else in life i've been ignorant about. if the comments to the video are any indication, i'm not the only one that feels this way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 13, 2015, 01:21 1badmf

i always give my computer 'skynet' as its network name XD.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 08:19 1badmf

InBlack wrote on May 12, 2015, 02:54:
"Netflix doesn't work in your country, yet" Can someone clarify for those less fortunate than yourselves? What movie are you guys talking about?

europa report. i might have to watch it, surprisingly good numbers for a horror flick i've never heard of.

seriously though, who wouldn't be stoked if they actually found space monsters? but then maybe it's just cuz i'm a huge fan of scifi horror that to see it be real would be more like a dream come true than a nightmare. i think i'd only actually be scared if something like the predators were real. buncha animals? not so much.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 11, 2015, 18:21 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 14:50:
I think the most interesting thing is how in newer games since the NVidia 9-series has been released have been tweaked for Maxwell only, but 6 and 7-series (Kepler) have not been tweaked. They mentioned they've seen several games this year where a 960 beats a 780, whereas games before the 9-series was released the 780 beats the 960 easily.

if what i've read about the new radeons is true, that's the upgrade route to take. supposedly revolutionary new memory architecture that's 6x faster than current as opposed to the incremental steps we're taking with GDDRx. also the cards themselves are going to be much smaller since all the memory will be stacked on top of the GPU. and it comes out midsummer as opposed to the next gen geforce which supposedly wont hit till 2016.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 18:17 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 15:14:
1badmf wrote on May 11, 2015, 10:26:
InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 10:00:
Fuck that. I want to see some more high definition photographs of Ceres. Unless NASA starts releasing some images soon Im gonna start crying conspiracy....

nono, fuck THAT, it's time to drop a minisub into the subsurface ocean on europa. ceres is just another rock. if you're talking about the bright spots, they're almost certainly just pockets of ice reflecting sunlight. the wiki article has some recent photos.

Dude, we've already been to Europa. In fact, there's even a documentary you can see about that trip.

i mean, if they do find horrific nightmare monsters? even more awesome!

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 10:26 1badmf

InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 10:00:
Fuck that. I want to see some more high definition photographs of Ceres. Unless NASA starts releasing some images soon Im gonna start crying conspiracy....

nono, fuck THAT, it's time to drop a minisub into the subsurface ocean on europa. ceres is just another rock. if you're talking about the bright spots, they're almost certainly just pockets of ice reflecting sunlight. the wiki article has some recent photos.

News Comments > New Steam User Record
1. Re: New Steam User Record May 11, 2015, 10:20 1badmf

eh? couldn't have been cuzza the free arma3 weekend dealy was it?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 11, 2015, 10:19 1badmf

wow, looks like about time for another mini-upgrade with those pcars benchmarks. someone take my credit card away until midsummer when windows 10 and the nextgen radeons come out!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 09:55 1badmf

hey guys if you're an astronomy buff you should check out that star-forming clump article, mainly for the featured comment from someone working on various telescopes including the JWST. really insightful stuff about the origins of the HST and the future technology required to actually image an exoplanet.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 20:28 1badmf

jacobvandy wrote on May 10, 2015, 18:07:
I don't even...
ok cutter's got to be setting us up for something cuz that's like the 3rd time he's gone with the epic whoosh.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 9, 2015, 19:44 1badmf

Red wrote on May 9, 2015, 16:33:
"In my world, broadband is incredibly competitive," Marcus said.

Is this true for any blues readers? I always find this kind of remark baffling. Granted, I've only lived in Texas, but here, there is never more than 1 single broadband provider for a particular address. Sometimes there are 0. The sole exception is the newly launched but quite limited Google Gigabit in parts of Austin.

in LA you do have many options. i have TWC, but i could get atnt, verizon fios, or several other options i don't care to look up. but of course i know i'm the exception rather than the rule.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black May 9, 2015, 07:49 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 9, 2015, 03:41:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 9, 2015, 01:19:
Here's one from Ontario.

Truck passes a snowplow hitting another truck.

Driver of other truck later found and charged

Damn, that poor guy. Here's the story of them catching the other driver.

Two data points is only anecdotal, not of any statistical significance, but I noticed the names of both men (both the truck driver and the Camaro) were Indian-ish: Akmal Hayat and Kiran Thapa. India has about the same number of cars and Britian, but nearly six times the number of accidents. Apparently, the reason is cultural: Indians believe there's no point in being careful drivers since your fate is in the hands of the gods. I wonder if that attitude played a part here or not.

personal experience or anecdotal evidence?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2015, 08:43 1badmf

man i need to grow up. this line from the iwatch article had me giggling like a schoolgirl:

"People lie in wait, get someone on the hook, and pow: Dick."

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2015, 08:40 1badmf

tom wheeler may be the only time a grumpy old bastard with nothing to lose was a force for good, in addition to getting kids off his lawn.  

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale
1. Re: Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale May 8, 2015, 08:36 1badmf

does this game have a big following? how does multiplayer work? i'm assuming it's not the lone wolf hell that is bf/cod just cuz the maps are so big, so then how would a lone player have fun? i don' thave any friends that play this =(  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 01:31 1badmf

OLED is the way to go. black blacks, great color and super thin. just... don't look at the price and you'll be fine ;-)  

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2015, 01:23 1badmf

it is a kiddie show so i can excuse the nobody dying thing. as far as rebels vs clone wars, i thought rebels was the far superior work. the writing is so much stronger than when george had his greedy fingerprints all over the stories. i really dig its return to the 'pitiful band' of rebels vs intergalactic empire idea, and all the individual characters are so much more interesting and complex.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2015, 19:09 1badmf

they should just abandon the judges and let decision go to internet voting.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 2, 2015, 18:18 1badmf

makes no sense why a two hopper to a different city would cost less than a direct flight to the first city. maybe this wouldn't happen if airlines didn't try to gouge customers like that.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2015, 09:49 1badmf

Quboid wrote on May 2, 2015, 09:29:
A couple of days ago I found myself wondering when Cinco de Mayo is held. That was not my finest moment.

...or was it!

1065 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo