Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1216 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DiRT Rally Released
10. Re: DiRT Rally Released Dec 8, 2015, 09:13 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 03:27:
It looks good, but it's past time for Codemasters to update their engine. Dirt 2 came out six years ago, and there's almost no difference between the two visually.

yeah this needs to look as good as the forest moon of endor level in battlefront.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 23:02 1badmf

Bodolza wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:04:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 19:07:
To hear someone say that RoTJ was the worst of the 6 movies, I have to ask - how old were you when you saw the movies? Did you see the original trilogy when it first aired in the theaters?

Yes, I saw it in the theaters when I was a kid and I still remember that pretty well. Technically, I didn't say it's the worst. I said it's tied for the worst. The acting is really spotty in parts, especially the sister reveal to Leia. Han is turned into a cartoon character and totally loses the bad-ass persona. The sfx on the speeder bike chase do not hold up. I always thought both the practical and CGI Sny Snootles looked terrible, and the Rancor looks like a hand puppet. Some of the compositing was really dodgy before the special editions. I must say, I actually was never bothered by the Ewoks, though, like some people. That one Ewok dying in the battle really made me sad as a kid.

yonder wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 19:09:
But fine. I'll give it a tiny go. Not on plot holes, but in horrific contradictions.

1)Who trained Kenobi?
Trained by Yoda when he was a kid, then apprenticed to Qui Gon when older. What's the contradiction? Am I missing something?

ok here's an anyeurism inducer that you'd have to be willfully blind to not see:

in rotj leia says she remembers her mother, yet in revenge we know she died in childbirth. so unless you're gonna make up some more unnecessary force induced bullshit, that makes no fucking sense.

also it makes no sense for kenobi to say that yoda was the one who trained him when it was mostly qui-gon. yet another inconsistency when they could just as easily have had yoda train him.

oh and they REALLY needed to explain darth maul's (and the sith's) background a lot more.

and the way anakin blows up the trade fed battleship... it stretches credibility, to put it lightly.

and not for nothing, but padme had to be a braindead idiot to fall for a whiny, hate filled little bitch like anakin.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2015, 13:35 1badmf

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 10:17:
Nooooooooooooooo! Get outta town?!

haha 'no shit sherlock' gaming moment of the year.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 13:34 1badmf

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 13:20:
JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 12:37:
...because Lucas totally lost his tenuous grasp on what made Star Wars great somewhere between Empire and Jedi...at the exact instant he started listening to the focus groups instead of his soul.

Yeah. I don't know how much of this was Lucas losing his soul or the shareholders, executives, and financiers around him wrestling control of the franchise from him. Now that he is "retired" maybe he'll make some independent films that will return to the core of what made his directing great? Maybe not though.

also the same moment he split with his first wife, who happened to be an oscar winning editor (for her work on star wars no less).

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 13:32 1badmf

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 12:37:
I do not love the prequels, nor your article.

I don't hate the prequels because I'm following the crowd - I hate them because they were TERRIBLE AWFUL MOVIES and because Lucas totally lost his tenuous grasp on what made Star Wars great somewhere between Empire and Jedi...at the exact instant he started listening to the focus groups instead of his soul.

Moreso, I resent the implication of that article that their opinion is somehow more enlightened than the common masses, simply by not being the common opinion, and respectfully request that the author get stuffed.

Thank you.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

yeah i pretty much skipped that article as an apologist copout when the first paragraph was all about 'it's ok to like it cuz it made a billion dollars'. i'm a pretty good judge of art, and the prequels are just unredeemably bad, in the same way Prometheus was unredeemably bad. i hate to generalize a whole group of people, but i feel like there's no other conclusion than anyone that likes them just has no clue what good art is.

real glad about the no-post-credits-scene thing. worst trend in film ever. if it deserves to be shown, just put it at the end of the film and don't make me wait to through 10 minutes of text no one ever reads to see it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
48. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 5, 2015, 09:41 1badmf

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:35:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.
This is a trailer, not a gameplay video. There are plenty of gameplay videos out there showing how seamless it is. Having been playing it for the past week or so it's very impressive for the stage of development but it's obviously not even close to the quality of a finished game.

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:08:
I think it looks like shit. The animations are hillarious
The animations, while improved, are nowhere near finished - they are pretty bad at this stage. But if you think the graphics are bad you're in denial.

Overall this is a very positive step towards the final game. Multicrew is great fun and it's only in its infancy at the moment. Anyone looking for other people to play with should join the Bluesnews organisation in my signature.

is there a place the Blue Crew can post messages? i don't see it on the org page, but i would like to get into it with you guys. i'm already a member and i have a cutlass and 315p.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2015, 22:08 1badmf

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 20:36:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 18:14:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 17:22:
Midichlorians were a completely unnecessary inclusion that just added a layer of complication in an attempt to explain why some could use the force and others couldn't.
Exactly. Midichlorians alone are nearly sufficient to call for Lucus's execution. No explanation was necessary.

It took the magic out of it. Instead of being some sort of spiritual or otherworldly connection to the universe that anyone could potentially have (thus, drawing the audience in), it now only applied if you had something in your blood. And if you didn't have this thing in you blood, you were never going to make that connection. Ever.

I would be more than a little surprised if the word is ever mentioned again, post Disney buyout. I certainly hope it isn't.

well put. the mitochondrions...sorry... midichlorians were mentioned a few times in the clone wars animated series, but it felt like by and large they were distancing themselves as much as possible from them. really good series btw if you haven't watched it. season 1 was hokey kids stuff which turned me away when it first aired, but season 2 onward gets really good. just binged the whole series last week, couldn't break myself away.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2015, 19:52 1badmf

as a kid when i heard clone wars, i assumed a war where both sides were using masses of clone armies to clash throughout the galaxy. and frankly that still sounds better and more scifi to me than clones vs droids. to me that doesn't scream clone war; the events of that conflict lend themselves more to a name like 'separatist wars'.

midichlorians... yeesh. that alone was a war crime against creativity.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 06:01 1badmf

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 05:42:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 04:10:
Jamil20 wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 14:56:
The Expanse looks interesting.

Full episode on youtube:
https://youtu.be/FvZeQD1Vf2s

Yeah, that was cool. Nice world building: BSG grittiness meets Firefly multiculturality. And a nice story hook to keep you coming back. Definitely want to be watching more of that.

I just finished reading the fifth book the series is based on. One of the best space operas I've read in the last decade. Great, great series. Highly recommended for you SciFi bookworms out there....

Hey, what's Putin having for Christmas?

Turkey..Ha!..(Too soon?)

i guess those pilots learned... in soviet russia, turkey shoots you!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 01:44 1badmf

tryptophan coma recovered, back to gaming =D  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2015, 23:52 1badmf

Genesys wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 19:06:
Jamil20 wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 14:56:
The Expanse looks interesting.

Full episode on youtube:
https://youtu.be/FvZeQD1Vf2s
I've almost finished reading the Expanse series of novels. I'm not sure SyFy can do it justice, but if they can keep the show going until the Ring Station is discovered, they could turn it into another Stargate franchise.

i hope it's better than that. stargate was mildly entertaining at best. if there's a scifi series it should aspire to, it should try to be babylon 5.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 23:10 1badmf

can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 18:43 1badmf

lots of hearsay and innuendo about the JFK plot, but there are just enough facts to be... fascinating.

after the act itself, the saddest thing about it is how the agency was run by a bunch of country club white boys whose sense of superiority was likely what led them to do such evil deeds. if they did kill kennedy i think it likely they did so because they felt that they were the ones who truly ran the country and had to get rid of a no-longer-useful puppet. kinda like they do now, except now the president is complicit. sad how ego can derail the loyalty of otherwise great men.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2015, 18:13 1badmf

blue i think you need to assign your character points to +str. you have plenty built up in +int and +wis but from the looks of it i would hazard a guess your inventory capacity isn't the greatest ;-)  

News Comments > Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details?
6. Re: Cancelled Jurassic World Game Details? Nov 11, 2015, 03:08 1badmf

best joke about it was Microsoft Arm Simulator heheh. it gave you way too much freedom to manipulate your arm in any way you wanted, even inhuman ways. you could rotate your arm all the way around infinitely in that game. aiming was a bitch because even if you took the time to line up your gunsights correctly the arm bouncing around from any kind of movement would quickly throw it off.

i still have the disc in my caselogic cd book XD

15. Re: rats are rats Nov 9, 2015, 04:58 1badmf

'we capybaras'? is there something we should know about you?  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2015, 00:11 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 19:28:
nin you touch my Star Wars Crack and you loose a hand.

The Old Republic launched a new overhaul that makes it fun again, Star Wars Battlefront is a sexy whore who won't quit knocking on my front door, and Force Awaken Trailers are like a drug dealer who wants to give you just... a... taste...

GAH

you're weak helf, WEAK! mind over matter! i haven't watched a single trailer since the first one!

...of course i did buy a bunch of the new star wars toys to get that fix. lego b-wing and snap-together falcon model kit XD

51. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 17:30 1badmf

Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:56:
Invisible sky wizards

Can we please not get into this? Yes, there are those of us who actually believe in God. You don't have to agree with my beliefs but at least be respectful. This is an community of varying expressions.

you got to be shittin me. probably half the posts on blues are troll posts, yet you expect to be exempted from it... why? cuz your beliefs are more special than the rest of us?

News Comments > DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games
3. Re: DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games Oct 27, 2015, 17:06 1badmf

awww man. but half the fun of pirating xwing when i was a kid was guessing the passwords heh.  

49. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 17:01 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:30:
PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:10:
It bears mentioning Infinite Jest, in the ten years following its initial release, sold 150,000 copies. This is a novel by almost all accounts considered a classic.

50 Shades sold a million copies in four days.

I'm not saying commercial success is an indicator of quality (when has it ever been), but the difference in EXPOSURE between Grey and Jest is... frightening. I feel this is indicative of a broader downplaying of reading & writing in American schools; at least in my composition courses (in both primary and secondary school), it was basically impossible not to pass. At University, I kid you not, our final project in composition was to "describe one way you'd like to improve the world." The real kicker? It didn't even have to be a paper, students were allowed to do POWERPOINTS (and of course being the lesser of evils most did). So I wrote a paper essentially bemoaning the fall of higher education wherein I heavily criticized my teacher for not giving a shit and for perpetuating the university's cycle of churning out morons into American society simply because said morons paid their tuition. Don't get me wrong, it was a syntax error-free and well-constructed paper in the proper MLA format, exactly the kind of paper my "teacher" would have never balked at awarding an A. Except she didn't give my paper an A. If I weren't such a lazy product of a half-assed education I might take to chronicling my exploits (or lack thereof) in true Holden Caulfield fashion, but then again, knowing as I do most people don't even know who the fuck Holden Caulfield is, why would I bother? Occasional venting into the ether of the internet is about as productive as any concerted attempt to impact culture in America.

Not for lack of trying. There are movies involving both properties, for example. It's just one is primarily about kinky S-E-X, and the other about more serious topics like addiction and relationships, so of course $-#->< is going to get 99% of the coverage. We live in a clickbait society, and titillation gets the clicks.

All that being said, Americans are about a grade ahead in language and 2 grades ahead in math compared to the 1970s, statistically. Real progress in education has been made. Anecdotally, my daughter attends a run of the mill public middle school,. Her Lexile score is 1600, and she scored so high on the standardized math test that she pegged the scoring chart. Her half dozen or so friends are all in the same boat.

was that whole post just an excuse to brag about your daughter? cuz, pretty awesome heh. i was that kid. when the other 1st graders were drawing stick figures for a pat-on-the-head art contest i drew the great seal of kansas. i literally had no idea at the time what it meant developmentally, but looking back, i was a goddamn genius XDDDD

1216 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo