Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 551 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 17:53 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 17:27:
keep meaning to offer an annual installment in my description of the pain of being a Knicks, fan

heh. Try living in Minnesota and being a Minnesota sports fan period.....

vikings are an alright team to watch. AP is a monster man. also the wolves are really good - their point differential would normally indicate a team in the upper playoffs. just really bad results in close games for whatever reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: GameFace Labs VR Headset Apr 9, 2014, 18:57 1badmf

just for comparison, i have an HTC One - 5" 1080p screen. when i play games on it it'll last the better part of a 3 hrs with a 2300mAh battery. i imagine this thing will have a much larger battery.  

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
11. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 16:26 1badmf

Frijoles wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:47:
Sounds StarCraft-y. Wonder if it's the next expansion.

nah. next release is the protoss campaign, supposedly out this fall/winter.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 03:33 1badmf

i completely agree man. the new BSG was the most overrated, bloated piece of crybaby melodrama i'd ever come across, and i have to question anybody's judgement of art that thought it was great. i've seen great scifi, and newBSG doesn't even deserve to be kicked in the teeth while grovelling at such greatness. i actually liked old BSG better - at least it wasn't trying and failing to be great art; it was just fun, schlocky scifi and had a ball doing it.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 5, 2014, 18:57 1badmf

nin wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:43:
PropheT wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:23:
I'm not sure it was one of the biggest clusterfucks ever, since it has actually sold pretty well since it launched. It's sort of a confusing system since many of the gripes about it are actually legitimate, but it still seems to do just fine anyway.

Def not the biggest, but I'd love to read a book/been a fly on the wall between it's development (how they came up with the justification for what they originally planned) to this year...I'm sure it was quite an eye opener, and a lot of folks had a lot of sleepless nights.

i bet they thought they could leverage their market share and sony's ps3 loss to force whatever they wanted on us, kinda like what google is doing with all the youtube/google+ shennanigans. only problem is unlike youtube, xbox has some viable competitors, one of which will always be our beloved PCs.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 5, 2014, 04:37 1badmf

no a coder myself, but it is kinda befuddling. how does a flaw like that work into the system? does someone have to actually put it in, like a backdoor? or is it a debug tool someone forgot to take out? or was it like a passive vulnerability no one thought of?  

News Comments > Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure This Month
5. Re: Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure This Month Apr 5, 2014, 04:35 1badmf

this has to be great. mean streets (the first tex murphy game) was my first ever gaming experience and still to this day my fondest. in some ways it's still a unique experience that even modern games haven't matched.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 17:59 1badmf

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:33:
Choppa's never fly in bad weather? I'd have to think that is more distracting than a small glare.

As for the possible 14 years, sounds like the guy is a real issue and it's about his past as much as it is his current situation. Sounds like it's a hobby of his to try and laser things in the sky. Troubled.

can you regulate the weather and throw a rain storm in prison?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
40. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 00:26 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 00:16:
harlock wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:00:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:47:
Also, I believe the landscape of the earth is pretty randomly generated.

are the laws of physics random?

He said that landscapes that weren't handmade lacked meaning and were boring. The earth's landscape isn't handmade. And, yes, the earth's landscape is random in as much as geographical features form randomly, influenced by a hot or cold spot in the earth's crust, a meteor strike, or a close perihelion to the sun or moon. Take a proto-planet of exactly the same mass and composition as our planet and put it in orbit in exactly the same distance from a star equal to our sun, and you will get a completely different set of features than our earth: different contintents, oceans, mountain ranges, etc. The geographical features would not be predetermined. They'd be essentially random, although guided by the laws of physics, of course.

difference; earth's surface isn't regenerated every time we wake up. we grow attached to it and it stays the same as we remember. we customize it how we like and so our roots are planted in it. random game content must be done carefully or it can fall in the trap of lazy design and complete impersonalness.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
39. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 00:22 1badmf

the amount of stupidity in this thread is saddening. $41M is a small budget for a modern AAA game. and, technically, aren't ALL games unproven before they're released? and, of course, the good ol' 'chris roberts is a scammer' nonsense. with his fame and professional reputation on the line, do you morons really think he's just gonna up and disappear with our money?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 30, 2014, 18:13 1badmf

i don't think it's just textures. from the comparison vids it also looked like lots of lighting and shader effects were turned off as well.  

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
64. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 29, 2014, 02:17 1badmf

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 00:06:
1badmf wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 21:41:
by then i'm pretty confident i'll be playing star citizen with my ORv2 or 3 or whatevs, at the very least.

You have a lot of faith... in Chris Roberts. :p

call me an optimist, but i for one find nothing unscrupulous or suspicious about anything he's said or done with SC. and also i'm of the camp that i'll give someone like him my faith until he undeserves it, and nothing he's done comes close to that so far. if i'm wrong... hell, it's just a game, who cares?

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
50. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 21:41 1badmf

i don't think gaming will be its killer app. gaming is sortof niche in itself, and VR is even more niche within that realm. i think what zucks has in mind is to somehow achieve the pervasiveness of a home appliance, or at least be competitive with game consoles. in that sense, i think what he's looking for are applications with much more general uses - telecoms, telepresence, that sorta thing. think star trek holodeck, but, at least for now, with an ungainly contraption on your face. think jurassic park, but DRIVING the jeep instead of various camera angles.

i think those of you complaining about it being merely an ad delivery platform are woefully shortsighted. zucks has the time and money to think big; if this becomes nothing more than Candy Crush VR, then it'll be the last option of a failed dream, but there's a long loooong way to go before we get to that. by then i'm pretty confident i'll be playing star citizen with my ORv2 or 3 or whatevs, at the very least.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
16. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 01:34 1badmf

if there's gonna be some badass multiplayer, there should be a blue's group so we can hack the shit out of each other and we can finally grief cutter like i know we all wanna =DDD  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2014, 01:07 1badmf

wave 2Bn dollars in someone's face, every one of you would've sold out, me included, hookers'n blow or no hookers'n blow (but yes plz hookers'n blow).

we all have a dream, but with $2,000,000,000 dollars in our pockets, we can find some new dreams to back up. hell, just wait till Fuckerberg messes up it, OR's value tanks, he can buy it back for probly less than half that and do it right, AND still be up a 'bill or so.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 18:41 1badmf

yeah i looked at a bunch of those sites but none of them cite any sources, so consider me... skeptical, even though i love nothing more than a historic archaeological find.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2014, 23:57 1badmf

i feel only us californians have a right to be mad at this dick. so i'll go ahead and do the honors; rot in fucking jail, Leland Yee!  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 25, 2014, 00:19 1badmf

Panickd wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 22:19:
Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 21:27:
Yeah, well good luck with that Kenny me boy. Let Molyneux know how that works out, lol!

Molyneux has a history of dreaming big and not quite meeting what he sets out to. Levine's history is much more grounded. I'm very interested in seeing whatever he does next, whether he goes whole hog with the new approach or not. I appreciate it when people stick their necks out for their art. It's the only thing that can move the form forward.

yeah i trust ken's vision a lot more than ol' pete's. ken's a technologist as much as a storyteller and if anyone knows what's possible with the bleeding edge, it's him.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 25, 2014, 00:15 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 22:08:
Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 21:45:
Sounds like the tards on 4 chan still need to be shipped off to Camp X Ray on principle alone.

I dunno, if you're stupid enough to poke the hornet's nest, expect to get burned. It's not rocket surgery. Just ask Shah Ala ad-Din Muhammad of the Khwarezmid Empire.

rocket surgery. heheh. i'm totally stealing that.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2014, 00:05 1badmf

man there's gotta be a law against corporations making bold faced lies, cuz there is no fucking way a company would advocate a political position that would make them less money.  

551 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo