Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 911 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2015, 21:15 1badmf

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 21:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:24:
Wouldn't mind a like system though, good for community.

No a dislike system is far better for our community

If you like it saucy!

hah! dudes here would turn up the trolling to 11 just to get the most dislikes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 17:47 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 15:31:
Calling all Bluesers -

Anyone have an undelete or similar program they really like?

Old man installed Win7 over win7 (don't ask) and trying to figure out if I can rip some data off the disk......

it should still be bootable no? can't you just put it in another computer as a secondary drive?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 5, 2015, 18:23 1badmf

i think that dish article needs a post of its own. it's the game changer in cable packages - a la carte internet tv, $5 per extra channel of your choice. the chord cutters have won!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2015, 18:43 1badmf

WarPig wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 13:18:
Blue, I see 17 people in the pool. Click on the "Results" header.

Btw I have the Panthers, Steelers, Bengals, and Cowboys - I just mention that as a helpful guide of who not to pick seeing as my prognostication skills have been terrible this year.

Oh, and going with Reagle's "Blue For a Day" prize scheme, I'd keep everything the same (including all the news stories because I'm lazy) but I'd rename "Out of the Blue" to "The Sausage Fest".

one of these days we should do this for loose change, if only because i seem to be pretty good at this prognosticating thing heheh. with 80 people in the pickem league, it would add up to lots of sofa coins.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 21:24 1badmf

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 19:17:
1badmf wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 19:10:
better lineup than last year (haha i just wrote 'this year' before backspacing). i'll probably see all of those cuz even a middling wachowski brothers film is better than the talentless schlock we had in 2014.

I liked Cloud Atlas. They're a bit hit or miss, true. Their latest doesn't really look that great, but I'm totally psyched about this years movies (in general).

Can't wait for Star Wars mania this fall, too...doesn't happen that often (though it may, once Disney gets it's way) so it's always fun to watch people collectively lose their minds (legal disclaimer: I suspect I'll be one of them).

didn't know you were a fellow star wars devotee. have you seen star wars rebels? really, really good. way better than that clone wars nonsense so far.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 19:10 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 18:50:
‘Star Wars,’ ‘Avengers,’ ‘Mad Max: Fury Road': 15 must-see movies of 2015

Taking a wait-and-see on most of these. Even Star Wars and Jupiter Ascending (which will quickly be dubbed Jupiter Descending if it tanks).

Tomorrowland is probably the most interesting one to me. I loved everything Brad Bird has done, and if anyone can force Damon Lindlof to cross is i's and dot his t's, it would be him.

better lineup than last year (haha i just wrote 'this year' before backspacing). i'll probably see all of those cuz even a middling wachowski brothers film is better than the talentless schlock we had in 2014.

20. Re: Researchers: We can detect life on other worlds through its [sic] vibrations Dec 30, 2014, 18:00 1badmf

Blue wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 17:25:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 16:26:
rocketpcguy wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 11:04:
what should the headline be to be correct (i.e. what should be in place of "its")?

It's actually correct as written. No need for a (sic). As the professor pointed out, the possessive pronoun its refers to object life: If we remove the prepositional phrase on other worlds, we get:

We can detect life through its vibrations.

Oops, that is right now isn't it. I removed the offending [sic]. Maybe I should've just added another to signify my incorrect incorrection?

hah, a bunch of nerds who don't mind conciseness in grammar. i like this place more and more everyday. makes me cringe when people whine about being corrected. they'd rather stay ignorant and smug than take the ego hit and learn the truth.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2014, 01:05 1badmf

BPar wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 22:03:
LastPlace here, thanks for the acknowledgements. I probably will not be playing next year since I could not enjoy games that went against my picks.

were you taking it that seriously? haha i just stared at each pick for about 5 seconds, made a gut choice and moved on. i didn't care enough to affect my sundays.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 17:14 1badmf

Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 16:57:
Xil wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 13:30:
Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 11:02:
Just goes to show that the large, large, large majority of the game buying audience buys shit based off of hype, rather than actual game quality.

Which explains why Activision and their ilk spend 20 million developing a game, and 500 million marketing it. If they reversed it, few people would likely buy it.

Good job, general game audience.

Man Creston now you made me feel bad! I buy some good games too though, honest!

Nah, to each their own. There have been games that I thought were great that most everyone else thought were shit too. (I LOVED Oblivion, for example.) There are even some people that think X-Rebirth was great.

But Destiny seems to have been nowhere near worth the hype and attention it got (nor the review scores.) and yet the large majority of people who bought it did it because the advertisements seemed cool.

Which is sad, because it means the current status quo of "Produce mediocre game, hype the shit out of it to make it sell" won't even change.

guilty as charged =(

but moreso because bungie have earned a lot of currency (literal and metaphoric) with me from marathon up to halo. i implicitly trusted them to tell a great story. not anymore.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 17:00 1badmf

Killer Kane wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 16:14:
I got mine here, $22

http://www.wagnercompanies.com/festivus_poles.aspx

i still don't know what a festivus pole is =/

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 13:23 1badmf

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 10:56:
Last of Us 2. No. Just no. That story doesn't need to be told again.

did you not like the game? or just had enough of joel and ellie? i'm curious because to me it's one of the greatest games ever made.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 13:22 1badmf

sony are a bunch of fools. NK has no way to touch us, and even if they did, i don't think even they would be insane enough to commit an act of war over a fucking joke.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2014, 14:48 1badmf

i know two people that have actually seen The Interview. they live near a theater that regularly does hollywood pre-screenings to get fan reactions, and they said it was HIlarious! can't believe sony caved =(  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2014, 19:11 1badmf

i'll always insist on The Lion in Winter being the best xmas movie. as dysfunctional as it is, at its heart it's about a family coming together for christmas and being a family in the only way they know how. the fact that it's maybe the most intelligent script i've ever seen by a mile doesn't hurt either.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2014, 00:44 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 00:38:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:41:
Well good thing they're only speaking for Wired, and not the rest of us.

Yeah, true, but I agree with them. What was the last good R Scott movie? American Gangster? And before that, Kingdom of Heaven (director's cut, of course). When was the last time he had two in a row? 15 years ago?

true his success rate is somewhat hit-and-miss, but for all his triumphs i give him the big benefit of the doubt. he just needs to be paired with a top rate screenwriter and it's gold. hasn't done that in quite a while. hell, just because he made bladerunner i'll always pay attention to what he's doing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2014, 00:37 1badmf

don't know why you bother man. fools like littleme aren't interested in the truth, for as much as the bleat and nag otherwise, or they would've done the due diligence and seen they have no rational leg to stand on.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 13, 2014, 14:48 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 13:00:
It's funny that the other day the MPAA totally pissed Google off when Google was actually trying to help them.

typical no-talent hacks trying to justify their jobs. their brains don't have the processing power to comprehend the whole picture so they get lost in the minutiae and have no clue about what they're doing to us as a society. but that's been the entertainment industry's problem for a long time. they've been so used to staggering profits that their greed has essentially become unlimited, and they don't care who they squash in the course of chasing it whether it be innocent mistakes or the rights of a whole country. i'm pretty sure if left unchecked by the likes of google, they'd happily turn this into a police state where piracy became a capital crime.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2014, 14:30 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 13:42:
In America it's risky to complain. It can go either the apologetic nice neighbor way or the weapon toting angry neighbor way.

not pictured: the shotgun blue was wielding at the time XD

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 16:45 1badmf

well shows how much i know about modern cars haha. i've still never owned one with so much as a nav system. give me a cd player and an aux port and i'm good to go.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 15:43 1badmf

yeah infotainment systems are pretty much superfluous these days with everyone having smart phones. someone should just invent a proper universal smartphone dock for a car. now THAT would sell like hotcakes.  

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo