Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
10. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 17:27 1badmf

st louis is a little OP man. irritates the fuck outta me when i have to go up against one in one of my battleships. HE does way too much damage against armored targets and its rate of fire is ridic.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: TransAsia crash pilot pulled wrong throttle, shut down sole working engine. Jul 2, 2015, 13:13 1badmf

you would think it wouldn't be difficult to identify the failed engine - it's probably the one with the out-of-bounds RPMs and/or fuel flow. or at least it shouldn't be difficult to identify the working one.  

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
8. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 12:35 1badmf

grind is about the same as WOT. you can get up to about tier 6 in a week, and then it becomes a slog after that. i don't mind though - i got up to the battleship north carolina in closed beta and man, that was a dream ship.

i happened to get in when they were doing a x5 weekend though, and i got like 5 separate lines up to tier 5 in one day XD.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2015, 17:29 1badmf

descender wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 14:08:
The Kili/Tauriel thing is the only thing that felt out of place to me, I was really glad to see such an expanded view of what was going on in "The Hobbit".

Limiting it to the contents of the 80-page children's book would have done it a serious disservice. I think given some time to digest that they may not be so reviled as they are now. I see this same lack of imagination permeating every aspect of our culture.

the book is a lot longer than 80 pages - i have it sitting next to me. and it's reviled because of PJ's style. there's a significant subset of us tolkien fans that denigrate everything he makes because, simply, it's overproduced, soulless crap. story and depth take a back-of-the-schoolbus backseat to spectacle and it really shows with stupid shit like adding legolas and that chick, as well as making the story all about thorin when all of them were at best supporting casts to bilbo's story in the book.

i still think the best version ever made was the 1977 rankin/bass animated film. concise, compelling, perfect.

3. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2015, 19:12 1badmf

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 15:47:
Can you fly into the danger zone while sitting at a console controlling a drone?

frankly they should turn it into a comedy like the SNL skit val kilmer did were iceman relives his glory days while at the controls of an airliner.

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
18. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 27, 2015, 00:35 1badmf

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 22:35:
InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:42:
Illegal where? These guys are from Belarus. A country with a 'legally' elected strongman dictator and a close ally of Vladimir Putin.

Illegal where? Pretty much everywhere in the world that has contract law. If you think that them being in another country doesn't stop you from taking them to court in your home country, you've missed the last ~18 years of legal changes.

if they do business in the US, then US law applies. shame, it's a really fun game.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 01:33 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:33:
I blame you for a sudden craving to rewatch Gattaca

so conflicted about that film. conceptually brilliant, but i felt (and still feel) it lacked heart.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 03:54 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 03:24:
Slick wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 02:47:
did anyone even watch that telerobotic thing? it's madness

Teledildonics, on the other hand, is amazing.

not sure if kidding...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 20, 2015, 17:54 1badmf

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 16:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 16:03:
I only just now checked your post Man your post was really informative.. I just wanted to thank you for that. No idea how you got that info but you really did have it right, so kudos to you ;)

Thanks! I didn't know this information would come out so quickly but I always post the rumor mill stuff I hear on Blue's News. Only on Blue's News. I worked for AMD a decade ago (writing white papers) but not long after that I transferred to NVIDIA (worked on what became Tesla) and then EA (java game coding for mobile). Burned out super quick but I got a good taste of the scene and it wasn't for me. I kept the contacts, though. Disclaimer: I do not invest in AMD, NVIDIA or Intel.

I wanted to elaborate on my comment earlier about the top guys being ballsy. I came across as saying they were defiant by making this move early but that's actually not entirely the case. They've been in talks with buyers (again, Samsung primarily) for about a year as I said, so them leaking it means they couldn't get the price they wanted. I stated that "AMD is overvalued" and that's true - however, people invested in the company (including top employees) want to get the most money they can. By leaking it early they are saying that negotiations failed and they are opening it to all bidders. This is good for consumers because transparency is always good, to explain my earlier comments.

is it legal for you to be leaking this stuff to us? i love juicy gossip but i wouldn't want anyone here to go to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison for it. i know you don't work for them but maybe your contacts could get screwed.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2015, 17:48 1badmf

harlock wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 17:20:
thats why i like to pirate shit and say "fuck em"

for real man. sometimes i pirate music on principle because those fucktards have stolen so much from the public and from their own artists.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2015, 00:32 1badmf

at 4k you don't need AA tho i think, especially on a computer monitor. kinda speaking out of my ass, but the pixels would be so small that jaggies would be invisible. i play on a 1920x1200 27" screen, and i only do low AA cuz that's more than sufficient to get the jaggies away. i imagine if the pixels were a quarter the size i could turn AA off and not really notice unless i buried my nose on the screen.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 17:09 1badmf

sauron wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:24:
Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:48:
My girlfriends mother is a vet who sometimes gets called out by the county to look at stuff like that when they get trapped animals and etc. I texted her the pic and she said its probably a tumor, apparently there is a lot of fibromatosis in animals in the wild.

Yes, I'm a veterinarian as well, and agree with her - it looks like a benign growth. Much too big to be a tick, and too smooth and rounded to be an abcess. Probably not directly dangerous to health, but is obscuring vision and could get infected. If it were a domestic animal, you'd remove it.

so the dark lord of mordor is an animal lover. huh.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 18, 2015, 01:01 1badmf

i was expecting the last bit, as it panned onto adam, to say' cyborg badassery' in the corner XD  

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
21. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 18:10 1badmf

you're the one predicting amd defeat before a single benchmark has been released but i'm the biased one? that's rich. maybe if this was a previous gen chip i'd let you get away with it, but this is an entirely new architecture, both the chip and the memory, so lets wait until there's at least some benchmarks before we declare the war over shall we?  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 18:00 1badmf

all that buildup and speculation just for him to be shanked like a prison inmate? bad storytelling, or it's not over for him.  

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
15. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:57 1badmf

Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:14:
Fury X looks decent at the high end but it sounds like its not going to outperform the 980 Ti at the same price point. The Nano looks good on the value end but its not appearing for awhile, Global Foundries must be sucking ass for yields because the rollouts are so staggered. The other 300s are yet another rebrand and not worth mentioning, the 8GB card 390x is pointless considering the specs aren't there to drive the high end anyway.

Nothing revolutionary but at least they're trying to maintain parity. Th

and you can tell all that just by reading this press release? my god, your powers of deduction... they're... they're full of bullshit!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Survival Trailer
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Survival Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 17:13 1badmf

man this shit scratches all kinds of star wars itches, but fucking EA will find a way to make me regret buying it. also, did the player kill an AT-ST with his pistol? not sure how i feel about that.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 16:57 1badmf

sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 16:40:
Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:17:
sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 13:37:

Same here - I'm 5'11" and 135lb.

Holy shit, dude, eat a cheeseburger Hobbit or something!

The cholesterol levels are too high for that particular meat, I'm afraid. Plump and delicious, but not heart healthy.

Elves, on the other hand, are pure lean protein. It's just catching the little blighters from a standing start.

heheh. i would think eating an elf wouldn't be much different from rabbit meat.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 04:56 1badmf

maaaaan, i know. but, like, i cant click on the mailto link cuz i don't use an email program, just hotmail and gmail. so i'd have to, like, type it in 'n shit? maaaaaaaan  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Multiplayer Trailer
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Multiplayer Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 01:21 1badmf

really this demands some kind of tactical cqb training levels. it would be totally badass to see a group of really pro players cqb'ing the shit out of pubbies and winning because of superior tactics and technique instead of twitch and map domination.  

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo