Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 855 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 21:23 1badmf

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:16:
1badmf wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:58:
anybody have a recommendation for a good mouse mat? the 3m one i was using suddenly started causing tracking errors. i switched to an old one and it completely went away. i know, i have no idea either.

I have a half dozen gaming pads or so and the choice comes down to your personal style. I tend to wear most of them out very quick, the only ones that don't wear out are the high-end metal/glass ones (manticor comes to mind), but don't confuse that with durability.

So, basically, you have: fractal type (devastator, scarab), aluminum/metal type (pro, manticor), hard plastic (ratpadz), cloth (goliathus, generic), or glass. These all come in varying sizes, too. I'm a high DPI gamer who likes a tight playing space so I use the Corsair Vengeance MM200 Compact (not Standard). When I play with slower DPI and/or need more space I prefer the Razer Scarab. I only use metal for machines I use for design and production tasks, mainly because the Razer Pro was badass for that back in the day. They are very loud. Glass is similar to metal. I only use cloth for very low DPI mice or gaming, although the best large pads are also cloth (goliathus). I like hard plastic for mobility - if I'm tight on space but want a rugged pad (although the ratpadz is a classic gaming mouse pad).

i refuse to touch cloth pads. they soak up dirt and crap like a fat kid walking farther than ten steps.

i just went to fry's and bought this corsair aluminum based textured mat that's pretty awesome, though it's so big i had to place it lengthwise. tracking errors completely gone now; surprising how a used mat can cause a mouse sensor to fuck up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 21:18 1badmf

Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:14:
Ooc, did bioware implement some type of starting checklist section, where previous game players can make their past choices known before the game starts? Iirc, bioware abandoned using previous saves from past games, since they were using a different engine, though this could all be from a dream. Plotting

have you been living under a rock? =D look up dragon age keep. you can even get to it from an ingame link, though i don't recall where it is exactly off the top of my head.

60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 21:08 1badmf

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 20:59:
Bundy wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:06:
Bad news, Creston. Leliana is NOT a romance option. Just read it. Thought you might want to know... I feel like I need to go get drunk now.

Well if you can follow her up a ladder, good enough for me.

still a better love story than twilight XD

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2014, 19:30 1badmf

i prefer this list that compares actual performance instead of simple rankings, and as you can see, your card is way waaaaay down the list. newgen consoles = graphics bump for us pc gamers as well, so yeah, time to upgrade.

tomshardware

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 17:58 1badmf

anybody have a recommendation for a good mouse mat? the 3m one i was using suddenly started causing tracking errors. i switched to an old one and it completely went away. i know, i have no idea either.  

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 17:21 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:28:
I knew that already.

Honestly, I don't mind, because I actually agree with their reasoning behind it. If they did make her a romance option here, a lot of people would complain at the fact that she's obviously ditched her love for the Warden. I'd rather she just stays true to the Warden.

It's just cool to have her back, because I love her (voice actress') voice.

yeah her weirdly almost-french accent was kinda hot, though i ended up going with morrigan. wish they could've at least let her be a party member though. i thought she was an interesting character even beyond the romance shenanigans.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2014, 17:01 1badmf

black friday bro! you probably coulda saved like half off if you waited a week.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
34. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 04:25 1badmf

yeah the hold-down-to-autoattack is irritating as fuck. i was hoping i'd just missed a toggle somewhere, but guess not. also tactical camera doesn't zoom out nearly far enough. i hope there's more depth to the AI combat presets, cuz so far it seems pretty worthless. won't even let me change them atm.

on the plus side, i set it to ultra and it doesn't run like dogshit on my xfire 6950s (fuck u ACU!). though i might have to lower some setting cuz there's still microfreezes here and there. and yeah, preeeeeeetty game. ACU devs need to be fired.

27. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 01:20 1badmf

just went through my keep choices. holy shit i don't remember most of those events. maybe doing a new playthrough would've been a good idea...  

7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 21:10 1badmf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:55:
Gorgeous little video... I am extremely backlogged gamewise though, so they have at least 6months to a year to iron out bugs and camera issues before I jump on the bandwagon.

Where are the Early adopters though? Creston?

*EDIT* Also scanning the other threads on this, I may wait a bit longer than normal, if this Denuovo DRM or whatever is thrashing SSDs. Sounds like a 1 year plus situation.

calm your tits fellas! game hasn't unlocked yet. midnight eastern time.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
177. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:53 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 00:16:
This thread is reaching GamerGate lengths.

yeah i think they've achieved nuclear fusion with the sheer implosive force of their handwringing haha.

coming from a person who has no dog in this fight, i think it's laughable how the fanboys are defending this. they just strawman and move the goal posts, just like the gamergaters, or anti-, not sure who's on which side anymore. i don't know what happened on the back end to justify this, but they done fucked up, they have to apologize, accept it and move on. no defending breaking a promise.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 15, 2014, 13:09 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:07:
AMD "Misspoke" Saying DirectX 12 Won't Work With Windows 7.

"That's right bitches, my homey M$ sez you gots to gets you Windows 8 if you wants DX12."

Luckily it will be five years at least before we see even one game that requires DX12.

hah dude i'm still running vista. i figure windows 10 oughta be a good time to upgrade, get dx12 at the same time.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 15, 2014, 12:42 1badmf

a small pat on the back to MS for being successful by actually making and selling products that help our society rather than printing money by raping the planet. but only a small one.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2014, 12:36 1badmf

hahaha i saw that rowing video yesterday. classic real life horror gives way to absurdity comedy. also inspired a thought in my head - those rowboats are probably notoriously bad at steering considering their length-to-width ratio, so olympic rowing should be done on twisty courses to test a crew's navigational ability in addition to their raw rowing power.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 02:14 1badmf

early reviews are promising, in the B+/A- region. apparently it's an escapist's dream come true with a vast, vast and stunningly realized world and massive amounts of content.

negatives are that it's somewhat glitchy in the usual bioware ways, and good-but-not-great narrative.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2014, 23:49 1badmf

if you wanna risk domesticating one, that's probably how us and dogs got our start. genetically low fear individuals walked right up to us and into our lives forever.  

17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 23:46 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 22:56:
1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 21:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:58:
Anyone have any GMG coupons for this? I'm sorta interested but also after DA2 would like to wait and see.

whenever i need to buy a game i always google gmg coupons first. there's always one out there.

And if I didn't already search my email, and the internet I wouldn't be asking.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

6. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 21:01 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:47:
Wooohooo! While it doesn't work with games that are already released, you CAN download Origin preloads on a faster pipe, then port them over to your slow-as-shit connected machine, and it'll work. Just saved myself 80ish hours of preloading.

C'MON TUESDAY!!!

is it just one big file that you copy over to another machine and dump in the same directory?

5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 21:01 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:58:
Anyone have any GMG coupons for this? I'm sorta interested but also after DA2 would like to wait and see.

whenever i need to buy a game i always google gmg coupons first. there's always one out there.

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 20:05 1badmf

can confirm =D

got my gmg key this morning, already have it preloaded.

855 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo