Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 653 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 00:35 1badmf

a blender isn't art, and if you can't see the difference, well, i'm afraid you're the idiot. there are certainly degrees of quality of art; we're not just talking about pure functionality like a blender.

i promise you you've qualitatively judged a film in such manner - wes anderson films are a little too offbeat for my tastes, but overall still good films.

or, art itself - van gough's brush strokes are too broad for my liking. i prefer the more minute dabbling of monet, but van gough is still among the best.

so why should games be judged any differently? answer, it shouldn't, and only off-the-scale biased expectations could make people think that a worthy experience can be truly awful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 19:27 1badmf

preeeeeetty game. i don't care how much haterade you guys pour on this, i'm going to play the hell out of it. i loved DAO and DA2 was still a good, enjoyable experience. a lot of you are too exacting in your expectations - it wasn't the bleeding edge masterpiece we'd hoped for, but failing to live up to that, anything can still be a good game. people just need to keep in the mind the full spectrum of possibilities it could've been, not just that 'it's not a masterpiece; therefore, sucks'.  

37. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 00:14 1badmf

haha yeah aveline and isabela were always my party members cuz of the catty bullshit they always flung at each other. also you don't need to have a savegame ready. i'm pretty sure i've read that they're gonna release a savegame maker program thingy for everyone to abuse.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 00:06 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:57:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:09:
Yo, X7, Bungie's site now lets you pick your format. And apparently we each get 3 beta keys.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

are... are you guys talking about destiny beta keys? if so, and if you have a spare, any chance you could fling one my way?!?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 9, 2014, 18:56 1badmf

man i hope the kid has like a 12 inch monster as a silent fuck you to the prosecutors.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2014, 00:40 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 22:17:
1badmf wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 18:21:
Lorcin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:54:
7-1 against Brazil??? Guess the US wasn't as bad as people here made out.

yeah i tried to keep telling people what a machine germany were and what would happen if we got into a shootout with them, but people just kept insisting we were just the terrible team they all thought. we weren't nearly as good as them, but also not as bad as the possessions stats suggest. it was just down to tactics.

Is this score a validation of Klinsmann's stategy for the US vs. Germany match?

i feel so. our best chance of winning was to defend all day and try to steal a goal at the end which we almost did. to try to play with them would've resulted in a similar blowout.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 18:21 1badmf

Lorcin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:54:
7-1 against Brazil??? Guess the US wasn't as bad as people here made out.

yeah i tried to keep telling people what a machine germany were and what would happen if we got into a shootout with them, but people just kept insisting we were just the terrible team they all thought. we weren't nearly as good as them, but also not as bad as the possessions stats suggest. it was just down to tactics.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 00:21 1badmf

uh... what? where did i say anything about storms or storm surges? if you're going fast enough and you catch enough air, you'll be lifted off that slide, i guarantee it.  

19. Re: F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low.... Jul 7, 2014, 14:37 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:26:
Atomic wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:04:
Yea, kind of crazy. I don't think it an accident.

And, I'm fairly certain that is an F-18, but still a cool video.

Definitely an F-16. Freeze the vid at 0:16, and you'll see the characteristic single underside air intake and single rear engine. F-18s have two of each.

you're an aviation buff too JD? heh, cool. pretty easy to identify it was an f16. btw, do you go by JD-Reyer, or J-Dreyer?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 11:03 1badmf

i wouldn't trust that thing for a million bucks. hit a thick patch of water, or bounce down the slide the wrong way, catch a little air under you, and you're flying off into space. yes i could see they put fencing around it. have fun being extruded through wiring at terminal velocity.

edit: i believe there's a video out there of this exact thing happening. dunno if it's on the same slide though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 7, 2014, 09:48 1badmf

man i love how these pigs always, always try to weasel their way out of full responsibility first, no matter what. only when they're threatened with national humiliation do they do the right thing.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 09:44 1badmf

i think gunnar needs his own xmen comic now. who needs jean grey anyway?!!?  

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
26. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 5, 2014, 04:43 1badmf

talked to a friend of mine today who works at blizzard. there's more to this story than just him looking for greener pastures.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 11:04 1badmf

Jamil20 wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:40:
Green's goal was very nice.

Origi and Lukaku sunk the US. They were too fast for the Americans, and it was obvious when Belgium almost scored in less than the first minute.

As well as the US played, they're definitely weaker than the Belgians. If they played 10 times, I'm sure Belgium would win at least 9.

improvement is a long and testing road. to get there we have to take all the weak and wobbling steps along the way; this was one of them. still not a bad performance for what some opposing fans still call a disgraceful loss.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 08:03 1badmf

FIFA is a horrible organization, but so is the NCAA, so is the NBA, so is the IOC, so is the NFL. but i'm sure bats has no problem being a fan of at least one team in those leagues.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 08:01 1badmf

so by your logic, no one's allowed to cheer for a team unless they're the champions? guess 99% of fans anywhere aren't allowed to be fans then. maybe you should look in the mirror if you're trying to point out biased opinions.

and why should your opinion be any kind of red flag to me? i love a team, you shit on them, it pisses me off. natural order of things; nothing unbalanced or unhealthy about it. what grinds my gears is why you feel like you need to bash them in public. they work their butts off to represent us and nothing they've done deserves scorn. there's something deeper going on here with you; i'm guessing a general (and baseless) detesting of soccer, and you're desperate to find someone to commiserate with. the truth is, you're acting like one of those trolls that used to expend so much energy flaming every single halo/CoD/Star citizen thread, claiming they were so above it when their sheer energy of their hate spoke otherwise.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 01:29 1badmf

well said creston. for me success or failure can't just depend on the final product. the journey we took can never be ignored if we're to fully understand the magnitude of our accomplishments and failures. i know we can play better than that. i've seen it - we routinely run circles around the mexicans, one of the best possessions teams in the world. we're not as good as belgium, but i do think a lot of our poor play was klinsmann deciding to bunker until the end. which is unfortunate because i felt like we could've played toe to toe with them unlike germany. i think our guys still get overwhelmed at this level honestly, cuz i've watched most of them with their club teams are they're alot better than that panicky turnover happy bunch out there today.

bats i dunno what your problem is - you usually seem like a very chill dude, i can't grasp why you suddenly feel like shitting on our national team. even if you're not a fan, why is it necessary to belittle something someone else loves that has no effect on you?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 18:49 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 18:00:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

hahahah oh wait...wrong team....

/don't care.

//I find it a little humorous that they want to put Howard on such a pedestal saying it is the most shots and saves in the last x amount of years - but what about the rest of the team? What does it say about the 'merican team if they ALLOW that many shots? Eventually a few will go in.

dude everybody understands the unstated subtext of the howard praise, you gotta be a real dick to point it out. we didn't play well.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 01:44 1badmf

no dive, for once, though robben is certainly one of the world's great divers. just a stupid tackle by marquez, stepped on robben's foot with his cleats.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2014, 20:49 1badmf

hah. i keep the xbox at my friend's house atm, and most of the time it recognizes me when i'm over there, but one time it thought i was his cat.  

653 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo