Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1027 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 04:02 1badmf

yeah they call it antisocial personality disorder. needlessly complex name for exactly the same thing - characterized by low empathy and high selfishness. not sure why the switch, except that the new label recognizes more of a spectrum of empathy rather than on or off.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 03:57 1badmf

with any other hehavioral problem i would agree with you, but there's a saying in psychology - you can't grow a conscience. sociopaths are born, and to a much lesser extent bred. at 16 his brain development should be 'nearly done', as should his sense of morality. we're not talking about a little boy here, but a young adult.

to make matters worse, it seems he's still at the extremely low end of the empathy spectrum. at several points it's clear he has no clue about the negative effects of his actions on others, just that they amuse him. if at 16 he doesn't realize that swatting and doxxing are cruel actions, i doubt he ever will. source - i asked my friend about this, who's getting her ph.D in child psychology from harvard.

6. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 01:40 1badmf

yeah but never because he could potentially ruin someone else's life. always about himself. classic sociopath.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2015, 18:12 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 12:49:
Blue wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 12:40:
The weather is much nicer in San Diego... you really need to move out of that hellhole and get to someplace really nice.

Actually, where I am the climate is considered better than San Diego. Thumbsup

there's a slight shower in the forecast! run for the hills! RUUUN FOOOR THE HIIIIILLS! RUN FOOOOOR YOUR LIIIIIIIFE! IEEEEEEEEEE! (yes that was an iron maiden joke =D)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2015, 19:12 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 19:02:
Cottillard Joins "Assassin's Creed" Film.

So the film is set in France?

just a guess, but i rather suspect the crusader kingdoms. they were mostly french speaking nobility anyway.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 17:41 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 12:52:
1badmf wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 12:44:
in my new genesis coupe =DDDD

Ooooh, you got it? How is it?

so much fun. i got the 2.0 turbo. 'only' 274 hp compared to the 348 of the 3.8, but slightly better mpg. and it makes a really nice exhaust noise. not the gurgle-gurgle of a big v8 that i was never a fan of, but that low constant rumble like distant thunder. needless to say, nobody beats me off the line at the onramp meter light anymore =D

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 12:46 1badmf

PropheT wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 12:39:
BobBob wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 11:13:
No worries. The future is here. After a few are built and perfected across the coast-line, the rest of the country will be asking us for water

That plant is going to be lucky to even be successful, much less to put it in a position to build a few more and have other areas buying water from California. Even if it works perfectly, which is unlikely, it's going to supply only 7% of the water for that county.

in the long run we need a solution that's better than natural sources because that supply remains steady more or less while population only increses. it may be cost prohibitive now, but eventually it'll be necessary. better to get a head start now than wait until we completely desertify the state.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 12:44 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 11:51:
BobBob wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 10:45:
Bit too hot here. Hitting the low 80's, even at the beach, due to the Santa Ana winds Should subside by Friday for the 3 day weekend. Thumbsup

I was wondering how long it'd be before you'd post. :p

*Looks outside* In the 60s here today. Nice and sunny. (sorry, all you snowed-in blues'ers! I couldn't resist.)

haha welcome to the weather snob club good sir. have a seat, order a drink to fend off the heat XD

i was gonna post a video of me driving to work the other day too, all bright and warm at sunset, blasting some smashing pumpkins (mayonaise) in my new genesis coupe =DDDD but i see you and bob got it covered.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2015, 18:04 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 13:33:
When it comes to jogging, less is more, study argues.

Surprised at that finding. It will be interesting to see future studies that look at the effect to see if it holds up.

i've always suspected that was the case cuz i've heard lots of stories of long distance runners developing degenerative conditions. it's a high impact activity after all, both to your joints and to your cardiovascular system. then again, maybe i'm just rationalizing my recent streak of lazing out of hitting the gym XD

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
31. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 5, 2015, 07:36 1badmf

Qbex . wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 23:10:
Team of Looking Glass veterans -need to know no more- take my money!

amen to that bro. couldn't back fast enough. looking glass veterans can take my money any day.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Feb 5, 2015, 06:27 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 03:23:
Stormsinger wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 19:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 13:53:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 13:17:
Petition · Build "Elite: Dangerous" Offline Mode.

As originally promised.

Pssst Don't wake the fanboys claiming that was never really promised....

It'd be nice to get rid of that fucking DRM, but I've reached the point of "why bother". The game is just boring...and worse, it's boring for stupid reasons. The pseudo-autopilot can't calculate an arrival at the destination, so you have to manually tweak the throttle to try and avoid over or undershooting.
Without precise calculations you could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

never enough star wars references in my life =D

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2015, 18:24 1badmf

Capella wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 18:12:
Here is a link to my new puppies! http://i.imgur.com/g9fpqiY.jpg

I posted about them last night and there was a request for a pic.

who's a good puppies?!?!

6. Re: THE LAST OF US (Teens React- Gaming). Feb 2, 2015, 11:52 1badmf

can't believe now many of those kids had no idea about the last of us, like they dug up the most sheltered group they could find just to get some shock value. not just the plot itself, they had no clue what kind of game they were even in for.

as for the pass play, i read an article where there's some justification for it.

1) in goal-to-go situations pass plays are historically more successful and create fewer turnovers than runs.

2) if they run and aren't successful, seattle burns their last timeout. 3rd down then has to be a pass because another unsuccessful run probably runs the clock out. but then 4th can be anything you want because the clock doesn't matter anymore.

pretty weak, but that's probably what the seahawks were thinking. but with lynch in bowling pin mode, you just gotta feed the beast all day.

edit: also, best commercial was the liam neeson one XD

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 08:16 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 02:49:
1badmf wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 02:24:
man that 4th quarter was nuts. everybody was awwwing on the juggle catch, but i saw right away it never hit the ground. i was yelling he caught it! he caught it! and for awhile everybody was looking at me like a madman haha.

but man, gotta let lynch run that shit in. pete said he was trying to kill some time, but there was, what, 30 seconds left? run it in. 50/50 at best he even gets in on his first attempt.

Yeah I would have thought that your first option would be Lynch, your second would be play action and have Wilson run it in, and your third option might be to throw. Wouldn't have thought they'd throw on the first yard line, so maybe they thought they'd defy expectations? On the other hand, I heard this stat:
Marshawn Lynch ran the ball from the 1 yard line 5 times this season. 1 TD, 2 runs for no gain, 2 runs for a loss.
On the other, other hand, Lynch had been running through the Pats D like a hot knife. Here's what Lynch apparently had to say:
Marshawn Lynch asked if he’s surprised he didn’t get the football. Says “No.” I ask him, Why not? Says, “Because football is a team sport.”

it wasn't like a hot knife thru butter. i would say more like a dull butter knife being sledgehammered through a well cooked steak. they were stacking him up but man, he was powering through them. not easy at all, but he was still gettin his yards. impressive runner.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 08:14 1badmf

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 07:29:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 00:39:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 23:01:
Best game Super Bowl or otherwise I have seen in decades. The last few minutes were priceless.

It was a fantastic game. Had Seattle won I would still think it was a fantastic game to have watched. Pete is taking the blame in the media for that call but his OC is going to take a shit ton of blame.
Pete should not be coaching next year.

well at least we know martians don't know shit about football.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 02:24 1badmf

man that 4th quarter was nuts. everybody was awwwing on the juggle catch, but i saw right away it never hit the ground. i was yelling he caught it! he caught it! and for awhile everybody was looking at me like a madman haha.

but man, gotta let lynch run that shit in. pete said he was trying to kill some time, but there was, what, 30 seconds left? run it in. 50/50 at best he even gets in on his first attempt.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2015, 12:07 1badmf

Verno wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 12:01:
BobBob wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 11:32:
Well, there goes my appetite for breakfast.

Payback for all of your smug weather posts

it's been 75 all january and it's really annoying. i like cold weather once in a while!

...did i do it right?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2015, 20:35 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:38:
Beamer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:18:
Hey, what about Nathan Fillion for Indy? He's early forties, just the right age.

I think a bit too goofy, still.

Yet I'd be more excited for him than the others mentioned, even though I probably like Chris Pratt more (so far) and definitely think Bradley Cooper is the most talented actor of the bunch, far and away.

I'd prefer Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake, even though he's now about 10 years too old. Nathan Drake was basically Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones - similar character, similar actions, just goofier. Man, I miss those games.

The only thing I'd have against Bradley are his stunning good looks. He's just too handsome, IMO. Tom Hardy's got the rugged looks we'd expect Indy to have. Here's a pic of him in a fedora, even.

like i said, nobody's going to match ol' harry. we can all think of someone who comes close, but nobody gets it right. i think one underappreciated aspect of ford was his voice. none of these dudes match the command or presence of his baritone, either as indy or solo.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2015, 15:37 1badmf

Verno wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 09:58:
I'm not sure Pratt is right for the role, the Jones character was more balanced toward playing it straight with wise cracks once in awhile and Pratt seems too goofy.

i'd have to agree. Ford made indy a masculine icon; lightyears from just being some bro with a whip. honestly i don't think there's anybody out there that can match Ford's masculinity and aloofness.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2015, 10:50 1badmf

yeah i'm sure your back is going to thank you for jinxing the weather tomorrow Blue XD  

1027 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo