Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 699 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
51. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 23:50 1badmf

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 21:09:
Tumbler wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:30:
Question I was accepted into the Dogfighting Beta, but have never purchased anything from them. To participate do I need to purchase a ship and the Dog Fighting Arena?

If you don't own anything at this point I'm confused why you got invited,

Think about it... it's genius.

i don't get it either. unless helf is a friend/family, i don't see how he could've been invited. invitations go by citizen ID number. you don't get a CID unless you're a backer. as long as your package says 'alpha access' you're in. but you got an invite so you're in anyway. just download the game, enter your login/pass from the website, and you're good to go. but again i don't see how helf got an invite.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 06:11 1badmf

cuz i'm lazy. like i said, i only go grammar cop when there's legitimate confusion.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 23:44 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 18:40:
1badmf wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 18:19:
drug?! dragged!

Both?

i try not to be a grammar nazi, but when it's a completely different word that means something else, i have to say something. drug is not the past tense of drag, unless one supports the further butchering of shakespeare's beloved language.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 18:19 1badmf

drug?! dragged!  

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
32. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 07:09 1badmf

how did you guys get in the alpha test?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 05:04 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 03:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 02:43:
Unlike the World Cup so far this year, where the refereeing has been so lopsided as to be truly laughable. It's like they're not even bothering to hide it anymore.

I'll just leave this little commentary by John Oliver right here.

hahaahah that was fucking brilliant. fuck FIFA man. the only way it'll ever change though is if one of the major regions mutinied and started their own governing body. has to be UEFA (europe) or CONMEBOL (south america). no one else has the clout or money to pull it off. my god those guys are cartoony evil. they make the NSA look like ras'al ghul to their boris and natasha.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 19:21 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 19:11:
(though the penalty that lead to the tying goal last night was pretty vexing).

Fixed games were very evident this year. Need only to look at any of the Wild games to see how atrocious and obvious the calls were....

you don't know fixed games until you've watched NBA or FIFA refereeing. the NHL has some questionable calls, but they're nowhere near as bad as those two. overall the kings were just a better team. as for that call, well maybe the rangers shouldn't have been selling out their own zone before the puck even left. even if it hadn't been called, the kings would've had a 5 on 3 down low because the rangers forwards all blitzed down the ice while Muzzin intercepted the clearing pass. the rangers overall got the benefit of more powerplays including two in overtime. they just couldn't convert their chances and the kings did.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 19:16 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 17:48:
Still waiting for Ant's impressions of E3.

As for no booth babes, overall I think that's a positive development.

it's a futile effort. as long as men and women want to bump uglies, both genders will always be objectified. it exists in every facet of our lives; there's no reason it should necessarily be excluded from E3. just because i ogle at hot chicks doesn't mean it's the only thing i see. the girls at work treat me like a piece of meat sometimes and trust me, i have no problem with it =D

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 18:49 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 16:04:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 15:32:
Yesterday, the Al-queda-backed Sunni rebel group ISIS overran Mosul and Tikrit. The Shia-dominated Iraqi government made a plea to Iran who sent over the Quds forces (their elite units, like our Marine Corp) to help fight them. Currently Obama is mulling whether or not to provide air support for the Quds. Yes, we're contemplating providing air support for our arch enemy in the region.

Question for you alls: Is there a game out there that captures this kind of insane strategic choice that this political situation has produced?

Doom.

You're being followed by a Cyberdemon, who gets into it with two Hell Knights, while all of them are being long-distance sniped by shotgun sargeants. Who do you shoot?! YOU MAKE THE CALL!

last one standing obviously. although you watch it closely, and if the weaker ones start dropping like flies, you join the fray popping off at the strongest.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 18:25 1badmf

yeah those were some crap goals he gave up. he even should've done better saving that pk. got both hands on it; any keeper will tell you he expects to keep the ball out if he can get both hands on it.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 18:26 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 17:38:
Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:49:
I bought a small, 6oz thing of some fancy Greek yogurt from Whole Foods the other day. Typically I only eat plain Faye (screw that Chobani crap) with some local honey mixed in (local, I prefer raw honey.) After eating it I looked at the nutrition facts. It had 30g of sugar. In a 6oz container. That's more sugar than a Snicker's.

Screw you, fancy Whole Foods yogurt.

What was the ingredients list? I tend to buy plain yogurt and add a bit of jam or honey. That way I have control over the sweetness. Yogurt has some naturally occurring sugar from the lactose in it.

re: CV1 from last night - there's a video of OR's founder talking about CV1 and he said all those things. i don't remember if it was you or someone else, but someone was saying it wasn't clear what he was talking about. to me there was no ambiguity at all though - he did say higher res than DK1 as well as a bunch of other stuff. the logical step up from 1080 would be 1440. i suppose they could do 1200, but i don't htink any phones even use that resolution.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Trailer
12. Re: Alien Isolation Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 01:16 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:42:
Cmon Beam, you're killing me. I'm trying SO hard not to pick up the OR v2, and you're making that really, really difficult.

no way i'm getting DK2, not when by all reports CV1 will be far superior.

and what kind of game is this? rpg? action shooter? resident evil with xenomorphs?

News Comments > Armored Warfare Trailer
4. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 01:11 1badmf

Task wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:42:
Well it was going to be arcade, not sure what people expected. Not that it really interests me, I dare them to even add a realism mode where you can only see inside your tank and maybe open the hatch to look around with binocs. Unfortunately Tank Call of Duty is the market now, to appeal to all the kiddies, not tank simulators for me

if you're looking for ultra realistic abrams sim, look up a game called steel beasts. i believe the army actually uses it as their abrams simulator.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
12. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 10, 2014, 02:00 1badmf

fujiJuice wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 23:44:
The wall damage is cool, but I see a common tactic being shooting all the walls out within 10 seconds of the start.

yeah whole squad gets heavy MGs and spray the shit out of the entire building. hostage? dumbass shoulda thought of that before he went into my building.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 01:54 1badmf

some of those forest scenes look spectacular, wow.  

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Trailer
1. Re: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 01:53 1badmf

awww what the fuck is this? laaaaaaame.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 19:35 1badmf

anyone else having trouble connecting to steam? won't logon for me.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 18:56 1badmf

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 14:48:
Reminds me of a dream... er nightmare I had as a kid. Was dreaming that a witch like creature was killing my family members. When it was about to be my turn I woke up in my room. As I'm looking around thinking that was a scary dream the witch appeared over my bed and buried an ax in my head. I spent the rest of the night in a corner of my room with my BB gun.

The Dowd story sounds like BS to me. The description seems more like a bad acid trip then something one would experience on pot.

wait so did you wake up again after the axe to the noggin? or were you really awake and she just vanished or something? funny, picturing a young yosemite sam with his patchy kid beard hyperventilating in the corner with his dual bb guns heh.

i've had dreams like that, where i'm half awake but still dreaming and it's sorta overlaid on my reality. sometimes i get stuck in that state and even though i'm fully aware i can't force myself to wake up.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
10. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 09:28 1badmf

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:43:
I admit, I'm a little surprised.

aren't you a backer? i coulda sworn i saw you post as such. surely you aren't one of those morons that swear to high heaven that chris roberts is a scam artist.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
9. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 09:27 1badmf

commonperson wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:59:
Glad it came together without too much of a delay. I think most of the grumpy people (save the few partisan haters who would say stuff no matter if it was out on time or not) would have been much cooler with the delay if it was communicated better. I hope they learn their lesson and communuicate status and objectives in a more controled manner in the future.

really? communication is your gripe? as far as i'm concerned they've communicated the state of the game far better than any previous developer. who else would've made daily posts about the bug list until release? they really can't do better than that unless you're such a needy personality that you have to be personally satisfied even at the expense of actual work they have to do.

a lot of people really love the idea of this game, but some of them have lost all perspective in regards to game development and only care about their personal fix.

699 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo