Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 09:44 1badmf

i think gunnar needs his own xmen comic now. who needs jean grey anyway?!!?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
26. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 5, 2014, 04:43 1badmf

talked to a friend of mine today who works at blizzard. there's more to this story than just him looking for greener pastures.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 11:04 1badmf

Jamil20 wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:40:
Green's goal was very nice.

Origi and Lukaku sunk the US. They were too fast for the Americans, and it was obvious when Belgium almost scored in less than the first minute.

As well as the US played, they're definitely weaker than the Belgians. If they played 10 times, I'm sure Belgium would win at least 9.

improvement is a long and testing road. to get there we have to take all the weak and wobbling steps along the way; this was one of them. still not a bad performance for what some opposing fans still call a disgraceful loss.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 08:03 1badmf

FIFA is a horrible organization, but so is the NCAA, so is the NBA, so is the IOC, so is the NFL. but i'm sure bats has no problem being a fan of at least one team in those leagues.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 08:01 1badmf

so by your logic, no one's allowed to cheer for a team unless they're the champions? guess 99% of fans anywhere aren't allowed to be fans then. maybe you should look in the mirror if you're trying to point out biased opinions.

and why should your opinion be any kind of red flag to me? i love a team, you shit on them, it pisses me off. natural order of things; nothing unbalanced or unhealthy about it. what grinds my gears is why you feel like you need to bash them in public. they work their butts off to represent us and nothing they've done deserves scorn. there's something deeper going on here with you; i'm guessing a general (and baseless) detesting of soccer, and you're desperate to find someone to commiserate with. the truth is, you're acting like one of those trolls that used to expend so much energy flaming every single halo/CoD/Star citizen thread, claiming they were so above it when their sheer energy of their hate spoke otherwise.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 01:29 1badmf

well said creston. for me success or failure can't just depend on the final product. the journey we took can never be ignored if we're to fully understand the magnitude of our accomplishments and failures. i know we can play better than that. i've seen it - we routinely run circles around the mexicans, one of the best possessions teams in the world. we're not as good as belgium, but i do think a lot of our poor play was klinsmann deciding to bunker until the end. which is unfortunate because i felt like we could've played toe to toe with them unlike germany. i think our guys still get overwhelmed at this level honestly, cuz i've watched most of them with their club teams are they're alot better than that panicky turnover happy bunch out there today.

bats i dunno what your problem is - you usually seem like a very chill dude, i can't grasp why you suddenly feel like shitting on our national team. even if you're not a fan, why is it necessary to belittle something someone else loves that has no effect on you?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 18:49 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 18:00:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

hahahah oh wait...wrong team....

/don't care.

//I find it a little humorous that they want to put Howard on such a pedestal saying it is the most shots and saves in the last x amount of years - but what about the rest of the team? What does it say about the 'merican team if they ALLOW that many shots? Eventually a few will go in.

dude everybody understands the unstated subtext of the howard praise, you gotta be a real dick to point it out. we didn't play well.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 01:44 1badmf

no dive, for once, though robben is certainly one of the world's great divers. just a stupid tackle by marquez, stepped on robben's foot with his cleats.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2014, 20:49 1badmf

hah. i keep the xbox at my friend's house atm, and most of the time it recognizes me when i'm over there, but one time it thought i was his cat.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 19:15 1badmf

ramsay vs hakarl! fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhfJRdwHnU

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2014, 00:26 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 22:26:
1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:37:
i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.

Yup, I'd consider picking one up if they were $50. Not $200 tho.

the voice commands are pretty efficient even if you have to speak up. gesture interface is pretty worthless though. it takes a few seconds to recognize your hand is up, and then the hand icon tends to jump around a lot. lot faster to just use the controller. still, for $30 premium, the potential is worth it.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2014, 00:22 1badmf

DukeFNukem wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 23:22:
1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:37:
i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.

Not completely worthless. I like that. That should be one of the bullet points on the retail box. "Not completely worthless". You probably love Windows 8 too I am guessing. LOL. It takes all kinds I guess.

was... was that supposed to be an insult? wtf is wrong with you kid? i made an innocent comment directed at nobody in particular, that was at best a backhanded compliment at something you apparently hate, and you still decided to fling some hate? you need help son.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 19:37 1badmf

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 02:54 1badmf

tim howard has been long acknowledged as one of the best in the world. in fact that's one thing we've always had going for us; we seem to have no shortage of world class goalies. our backup brad guzan would probably be the starting keeper for any other team in the tournament. the rest is true; we don't have elite talent in the outfield, but we're also not as atrocious as the eurosnobs would have you believe.

that germany game was as much a result of klinsmann's tactics as it was a disparity in talent. it was clear to me his plan was to sit back, concede possession, defend with our superior size and athletic ability, then chase the game late. about the 80th minute we finally started to press high, force turnovers and create some chances. we could've done that the whole game, but we probably would've lost like 6-4. our attack is actually quite good and the germans' great weakness was a slow backline so we definitely could've bagged a few goals on them. we beat them 4-3 in mostly a B team matchup a few months ago.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 00:42 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 14:36:
1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 14:08:
it'll be another generation of players, maybe two, before we can legitimately challenge for the cup.

Not if your best players keep staying mired in the swamp of poor play that is US soccer. All your best players need to play in European leagues for 8-10 years, then come back and raise the level of play in the entire US. This is a process that will take 20-30 years, but it's the only way it's going to happen.

Your best players aren't going to get better if all they play against are the dregs of US Soccer.

Germany dominated throughout, with the exception of the last two minutes when the US FINALLY started attacking. If none of your players can beat the opposing player one-on-one, all you're left with is continuously passing it around, and that rarely leads to wins.

I was amazed Germany only scored once. (Your goalie had a lot to do with that, and the defense played well.)

i presume you don't follow US soccer too closely, cuz this is precisely the way our team and league are built. our best players in MLS are cherrypicked by european teams, spend a few years there and eventually come back. most of our lineup has played in europe at some point, some of them very successfully. to name a few; clint dempsey was a leading scorer for a team in the EPL for several years. michael bradley was a starting midfielder for AS Roma. jozy altidore scored 31 goals for a dutch league team. a lot of the rest play in germany.

the process you're talking about started a long time ago; that's why i think it'll take only a few more generations before we're competitive.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 14:08 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:50:
I have a nasty suspicion that Der Mannschaft is going to wallop the shit out of the US.

Then Portugal will beat Ghana by 11 goals, meaning they go on, and not the US.

Then everyone at my company will be so pissed off that we close, and I get the afternoon off.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

booo creston! hisssss! boooo!!!

on a more serious note, we played well enough for who we are, but germany are just several levels better than us. just too many sloppy passes and touches from our guys. klinsmann has us playing as a strong unit, but he can't make our guys more talented individually. still almost tied it at the end though =D

it'll be another generation of players, maybe two, before we can legitimately challenge for the cup.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 00:54 1badmf

don't forget,

"eef it bleeds, vee can keel it."

"KEEEL MEEE!!! I'M HEEAAAAA!!! KEEL ME NAO!!!"

also one of the more underrated ones, jesse ventura's "I ain't got tahm to bleed."

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 19:00 1badmf

$20 for a supermarket steak?!? good god, hope it was at least a Prime cut. at my local i can get a pack of two choice cuts for about $8, not even marked down. and the best steak i've ever made was just last week, bought a single from target, not even labelled with USDA cut type, and it was amazing. or if i really wanna go cheap i can go to stater bros., buy a single unlabelled steak for $4.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 14:06 1badmf

dutch are definitely a scary looking team, especially without the thuggery of van bommel and dejong kicking the shit out of everything that breathes.  

19. Re: contact Prof. Quatermain immediately Jun 23, 2014, 12:33 1badmf

harlock wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 12:14:
so.. hollow earth is real? ... says Havard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

uh.. what? where does it say that? hollow earth is logically impossible. gravity alone would crush such a structure.

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo