Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 844 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
28. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 18:46 1badmf

i remember one of my friends brought one to a lan party. i genuinely felt bad for him with how terrible it looked and all the problems it was giving him.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2014, 18:41 1badmf

i'd say the chances of an outbreak are low, but not infinitesimally small. the number that scares me? seventy something people treated the first patient. even something with low odds has a good chance of success with 70 something opportunities. multiply that by however many have come into contact with these next two... yeesh.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 11:21 1badmf

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:33:
I liked Netscape. It was the first web browser I ever used.

nutscrape heheheh

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
11. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 11:20 1badmf

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:25:
Icewind wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:23:
InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:48:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:20:
One thing I did find amusing is how fast the Marine runs. I think he could outpace the Quake guy.

You say that like its a bad thing...

Also really? This is the first game you played with acceleration?? That's kind of weird, by this time the Voodoo 3 was ruling supreme and Nvidia's TNT cards were quickly catching up, also Unreal was pretty much king of graphics and most games supported Glide or OpenGL. DirectX kind of sucked back then....

My first 3D card was a Voodoo2 back in.....1997, not sure when, probably late. I know the very first game I played it with was Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Back then you were hot **** if you had a Voodoo card. Gaming elite.

I remember going to Software etc. and just bragging about it to all the other store regulars, who were all hardcore PC gamers. Boy, those were the days.

Dark Forces II was the first game I played with 3D acceleration too, after months and months of playing it in software mode. I was blown away by how good it looked and how fast it ran.

pffft, nubs. my first 3d card was a diamond monster 3d that i played quake 1 on. that was the card that launched our little discreet video card renderer industry.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2014, 11:09 1badmf

that chemical weapons article is frightening, more for the incompetence and egotistical self-protection of the military command structure than for the weapons themselves. i really hope that article lights some fires and some senior commanders who care more about their reputations than their soldiers get canned.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 22:46 1badmf

he was playing dirt2 with a hotas setup? weird kid. maybe the next einstein.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 18:24 1badmf

funny how things evolve in our memories. when i first saw that ep i thought it was the hokeyest, most contrived pile of drivel i'd ever seen. but now, those stupid quotes stick in my memory like a unique freak at venice beach (sorry that was NOT intentional). and i'm pretty sure i've only seen that episode like, twice.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 15:52 1badmf

i feel like blue is subtly trolling us with all the gamergate posts though. it's pretty clearly sophomoric idiocy that anyone over 25 should be above, and that's everyone here i think. it would be funny if he started deleting random posts and went all zoequinn on us.  

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
30. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 06:44 1badmf

Quinn wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 05:45:
@ work and handicapped to look stuff up (miracle this site isn't blocked). Anyway, will DA3 have a certain introduction for those who no longer have their savegames.. so that they can still have the universe built from the choices they (would have) made in the earlier games?

I won't have time to replay DA1 and 2 before 3's release, it's why I ask

yes it's an online program called dragon age keep and it's in beta right now, slated to be released before DA:I. you can sign up for it, but i doubt you'd get in. save game transfers was wonky as fuck anyway. i just hope i can remember everything i did in 1 and 2.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
3. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 7, 2014, 18:57 1badmf

that last part is straight up censorship. they can't be doing that since game reviews are 100% guaranteed fair use. and there's nothing we can do about it either since the DMCA is completely pro-industry and doesn't give two shits about the citizenry.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 17:15 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:29:
mag wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:26:
Still in love with my G700s, not sure how you cavemen put up with your wired mice!

+1 Love my G700s. (Although mine mostly stays plugged in because I always forget to charge it.)

nother 700s user here. great ergos, but the battery life isn't so great. with gaming it'll last a day before i have to plug in. i just leave it plugged in all the time now which is sad. i came from using the cheap wireless ones that last months on a single battery, so switching to this is a little irritating, but all gaming mice are like this so, whatevs.

News Comments > etc.
46. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 16:41 1badmf

you're moving the goal posts bro. whatever else may be true, it's almost certanily true that these douchebags in the gaming media are bad actors in their own right and are justifiably being crucified.

i don't understand your defense of them either - even to non-invested viewers like myself it's apparent these are just sociopaths masquerading as activists to make money and gain position for themselves.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2014, 16:09 1badmf

if you're a humanist i don't see how one can't see the potential enormity of this film. this film (at least what i gather from the trailers) is all about the human cost of our civilization, and what it's going to take to save us, both at a species level and an individual level. also the wonder and potential of our space flight programs. this ticks so many of my boxes i'm fully prepared to cry like a bitch. i don't think it's any stretch to say it's a reasonable possibility we make our planet unlivable somewhere down the road.

re: sr71 engines. the f22 had similar engines (F120) at the prototype phase, but the air force deemed them too experimental and went with a more standard (albeit state of the art) turbofan (F119). makes it even more amazing that technology on the blackbird was still found too experimental in 1990.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2014, 17:45 1badmf

i tend to believe the redditor. i've personally levelled a 27 titan and i can say with confidence, from a story perspective, the game is a half finished mess. and if it turns out to be true that they cut content so they could include it in the DLC later, i'm done with this game and done with bungie.

they've released ONE genuinely new piece of content since day one. everything else has been rehashes of content i've grinded a thousand times already. if there's no new content before the DLC release this game really is the scam some of the trolls were crying about.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2014, 17:17 1badmf

it dropped down to the low 60s last night and i finally slept like a baby under the covers instead of sweating all night like the past 3 months.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
46. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 16:26 1badmf

harlock wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 16:16:
also the portrayal of orcs is totally unrealistic.. and magic runes never look like that! and ghosts never teleport through arrows, they use knives to do it!

its so jarring

the caustic sarcasm is strong with this one XD

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 00:18 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 21:32:
what if you were in a relationship that wasn't doing so well? You 'wake up' and are told this is your husband/wife. Do you feel obligated to try to have a relationship with them, and what if children are involved?

Think I'd want the baggage then trying to grow up again as a adult.

you have sex as quickly as possible and figure it out later XD

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
7. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 00:17 1badmf

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 22:56:
They'll eventually run out of time periods to build a game around so this kind of overlap seems like an inevitability.

I mean, they could just jump the gun like History did about a year ago and release some kind of bullshit 'documentary' about The Great Martian War for the sake of not bumping in to a scenario they've already touched on in the past then all the sudden, something like Attila isn't so bad.

yeah they really need to stop milking a dead cow and just make a Modern: Total War. even if it's somewhat fictionalized to make it playable. or hell, Dune: Total War.

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
7. Re: NFL Week Four Sep 25, 2014, 17:38 1badmf

TorchMaster wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:21:
Iíll take a bow for winning week three in SPREAD with a 12-4 mark. Iím picking the Potomac Basin Native Peoples tonight because I think their pass rush will disrupt Eli, but I don't have a lot of confidence -- who knows how Kirk Cousins is going to play. My Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock is: Atlanta over Minnesota. For me the most interesting game of the week is Green Bay at Chicago Ė- it should tell a lot about those two teams.

i have my doubts about your lock pick. it's early, but the falcons stink on the road for whatever reason. also i need cordarrelle patterson to have a big game =D

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 16:21 1badmf

sauron wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 12:58:
Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 11:21:
Last home game for Jeets tonight, Blue.

It's a shame he went out this way though. The Yankees have been awful this year, they had no offense at all and 80% of the starters were injured to boot.

Now the 98 Yankees, that was a team. Guts and moxy, just like it should be.

of course the Great Evil Eye is a yankees fan.

844 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo