Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1090 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 01:12 1badmf

haha a slap in the face is as nice as it gets between philly and NY huh?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2015, 01:07 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 23:18:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 22:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 22:00:

Cats = popular
Zimbabwe = not popular

Sounds about right. No one in the 'social media' gets upset when a lion kill 23 people or an elephant goes on a rampage in Zimbabwe, but suddenly a lion with a name is killed...and OMG...MUH FEEEELLLLLLlllsssss.

Imagine if someone hurt Maru or Grumpy Cat The (digital) (1st) (social) world would be on the brink of war!

but all kidding aside... i would kick your ass if you hurt maru =P

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 03:49 1badmf

my guess is yes, likely, probably, sq42 will be released in chapters so yes. if you're talking about sq42 vs the persistent universe, it's meant as a story driven intro to the PU that's entirely skippable if you so choose. i would approach like a spiritual successor to wing commander, so if wing commander had it, this will too. that's why i'd guess a strong affirmative to your first few questions - wing commander had them. and i know that chris tried to get the WC ip back before giving up and doing SC, so this is basically everything wing commander was meant to be.

shooter elements i'd guess highly likely since it's a massive undertaking and there's really no chance you'd spend a large fraction of your budget on something and then not have it in to universe intro.

custom loadouts again highly likely since wing commander had them, and they're already in the game albeit in an unfinished state.

choosing ships i would guess a slight affirmative. i remember reading/hearing someone say that you'd start out with a starter ship and work up, though whether that means you swap out ships or retain your old ones i'm not sure.

the meat of the game is actually after sq42 when you enter the online realm where it'll be a sandbox galactic spaceflight sim. sq42 itself will be release in (i think) 5 episodes, all included if you bought a package with sq42 access.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 19:30 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 18:43:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 16:54:
Star Citizen reddit is full of friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly people.

Why do you care about SC cultists on reddit to begin with? They are the extended abdomen of SC forums...

Glad for you that you got that huge sum of money back though.

And imo this brings up another important issue, try finding out what the current scope of SC is. It's a pain in the ass to find all the information. It's on 60 different platforms, 12 different videos and various youtube interviews... it's a total shitfest to even find any coherent current information on the god damn game. That is never a good sign for a supposed "open development" ;/

scope of the game is getting the individual modules working before combining them all in the persistent universe early next year. arena commander will be the spaceflight part of the game; fps module will be the in person part of the game, and squadron 42 will be the SP campaign to get players started.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 23:25 1badmf

Jivaro wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 19:50:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 18:09:
http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs Here's the conclusion to my CIG refund request. Start at "UNEXPECTED REPLY FROM SANDI GARDINER (July 22, 2015)".

I'm now no longer a backer of Star Citizen. My entire US$930 was returned.

I have to admit man..I didn't think you would get any of it, let alone all of it. I am not at that point where I want a refund, but I am only in for 35 bucks so I can't really say our situations compare. Good job getting your money. I want to see the game finished and I think it will "eventually", but this whole thing has been such a clusterfuck and anybody who wants a refund really should get one.

really? people are that pissed that it's been delayed? as far as i'm concerned it's right on track, taking into account the added features. might not see 1.0 till next year, but what AAA title hasn't been delayed. only diff is SC did it publicly.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 16:35 1badmf

Jivaro wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 15:01:
Honestly, a mobile friendly version of the site is all I would really like to see.

pretty much this. i wouldn't be against a rearranging, but don't fuck with the color scheme. i think we can all agree ease-of-use is king around here, so any changes should be made with (not sacrificing) that in mind.

55. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 17:13 1badmf

MajorD wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 17:09:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 16:54:
Um. none. I don't have GPS enabled. I don't text. And I don't use apps that allow them to root around my phone and use my data and other personal information. You guys obviously don't care about your privacy but some of us do.

Do you wear a foil hat too?

not just a hat, but underwear too!

News Comments > Unreleased Underwater Shooter Footage
6. Re: Unreleased Underwater Shooter Footage Jul 27, 2015, 18:05 1badmf

InBlack wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 09:04:
Deep Star Six? Anyone here remember that horror flick?

hah. not the artsy flick that was the abyss, but damn nia peeples was cute AF back then.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2015, 17:57 1badmf

JaguarUSF wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 17:45:
nin wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 15:34:
This is what we get for fracking.
Take stuff out of the ground, ground goes down, although usually it happens slowly enough to have microquakes instead of stuff you can feel (that goes for fault movement, too, for that matter).
Sinkholes in Florida happen for the same reason (limestone caves that used to filled with water aren't anymore, and humans construct large buildings on top of the empty caves) but closer to the surface.
Source: M.S. in Geophysics with an emphasis in Earthquake Seismology

cool! we have our own seismologist. but as i understand it doesn't fracking remove oil that's already trapped in rock? so not a lot of empty space to settle since it's already mostly filled with rock right?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2015, 08:19 1badmf

well, first with all my qualifiers. basically first earth-sun facsimile they've found. shame we didn't have the luck to find it around proxima centauri - the webb could probably get a decent image of it if it was.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2015, 01:18 1badmf

haha that shit is so weird i would almost guess he has tourette's or OCD.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 17:15 1badmf

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

in case no one's heard yet, they found the first earthlike planet around a sunlike star in its habitable zone.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2015, 00:46 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 22:00:
The SpaceX link is far more interesting. First real failure, and it leads to a landfall of new improvements. That's why sometimes you gotta fail to win. The Dragon Cargo Capsule SURVIVED THE EXPLOSION and only the software update enabling chutes was missing, or the entire cargo module would have survived.

And a structural integrity failing is something everyone who plays KSP knows very well can happen at the most weird moments

in experimental endeavors, failure isn't really failure; it's just iterative evolution. the only failure is throwing in the towel.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2015, 19:10 1badmf

soylent green is... bacon?!?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2015, 16:48 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 11:23:
harlock wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 10:53:
never owned a microwave.. they just fuck shit up in my experience

not worth it.. toaster oven is plenty good

So how do you reheat stuff that you can't put in a oven? Or do you just not prepare food in advance?

I don't particularly like microwaving but nothing beats it at reheating food without making it brick or leather. Obviously you don't ever put vegetables or fruits in a microwave...

I usually reheat stuff on a ceramic plate though It's interesting that "hard" plastic containers can cause such problems... mnhmhn. Also Tupperware is not actually affected by this, both BPA and Phyt.. whatever free.

actually i figured out a quick and easy way to steam veggies in the microwave - put them in a bowl, fill water to about halfway, cover so that it vents, nuke for 10 minutes. i like to throw in butter and salt. voila! perfect steamed buttery broccoli. add cheese and it's pretty awesome.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2015, 02:39 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 14:15:
Dog Senses Baby Dolphin In Need, Rushes To Save Him.

Good dog, bad human. By pushing that baby back to sea, you've killed it. The only hope was to call animal rescue.

yeah that thing was way too small and weak to survive on its own. i doubt it'd even been weaned from mother's milk yet. its only chance was if mother was close by offshore; otherwise it starved or was eaten. the way it was struggling so mightily just to swim against some small surf, i doubt it was a month old.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2015, 22:42 1badmf

harlock wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 18:44:
1badmf wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 18:25:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 16:38:
harlock wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:51:
btw, if you guys arent watching Penny Dreadful, you might want to check that out

reimagined victorian horror all-stars kinda thing

Yeah, on my To Watch list. Read an article with Josh Hartnett last year about how he dropped out of Hollywood a decade ago because he hated being famous and didn't want to be defined as an action star. Interesting dude.

i also highly recommend it. it's a great horror show, but in its quiet moments it also takes a deep look at what it means to be human surrounded by not just supernatural horror, but the horror of 19th century industrial london. the acting is out of this world good, and the dialogue is almost Shakespearean at times. artistically, definitely a step outside the box from modern television drama. just renewed for season 3 =DDDD

not to mention.. eva green Smitten

hey hey.... dibs! =P

is it weird that the thing i'm most excited about in that trailer is jeremy irons as alfred?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2015, 18:25 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 16:38:
harlock wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:51:
btw, if you guys arent watching Penny Dreadful, you might want to check that out

reimagined victorian horror all-stars kinda thing

Yeah, on my To Watch list. Read an article with Josh Hartnett last year about how he dropped out of Hollywood a decade ago because he hated being famous and didn't want to be defined as an action star. Interesting dude.

i also highly recommend it. it's a great horror show, but in its quiet moments it also takes a deep look at what it means to be human surrounded by not just supernatural horror, but the horror of 19th century industrial london. the acting is out of this world good, and the dialogue is almost Shakespearean at times. artistically, definitely a step outside the box from modern television drama. just renewed for season 3 =DDDD

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2015, 16:50 1badmf

have none of you seen braveheart? Uncle Argyle! he was great!  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
24. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 16:50 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:29:
Ludomancer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:09:
What in the holy fuck did Microsoft do to Win10 that can fuck up Gog? I swear, Win10 is the biggest honeypot in the history of technology. That shit is going to rape control and privacy from the user once and for all. >:(

Every new major OS brings its own headaches. Galaxy could have issues. Game installs, especially older ones using Dosbox could have issues. It's good to know that they're on top of things.

That being said, the July 29 date is a soft launch. Win 10 only goes out to about 5 million people. Which sounds like a lot, but they're expecting one billion installs by EoY 2017.

is it only a soft launch? i bought win7 like 3 months ago for a mini-upgrade, and reserved my win10 upgrade for the 29th. i'd expect people who bought it before me would get priority if it was limited.

1090 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo