Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 911 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2015, 12:07 1badmf

Verno wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 12:01:
BobBob wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 11:32:
Well, there goes my appetite for breakfast.

Payback for all of your smug weather posts

it's been 75 all january and it's really annoying. i like cold weather once in a while!

...did i do it right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2015, 20:35 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:38:
Beamer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:18:
Hey, what about Nathan Fillion for Indy? He's early forties, just the right age.

I think a bit too goofy, still.

Yet I'd be more excited for him than the others mentioned, even though I probably like Chris Pratt more (so far) and definitely think Bradley Cooper is the most talented actor of the bunch, far and away.

I'd prefer Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake, even though he's now about 10 years too old. Nathan Drake was basically Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones - similar character, similar actions, just goofier. Man, I miss those games.

The only thing I'd have against Bradley are his stunning good looks. He's just too handsome, IMO. Tom Hardy's got the rugged looks we'd expect Indy to have. Here's a pic of him in a fedora, even.

like i said, nobody's going to match ol' harry. we can all think of someone who comes close, but nobody gets it right. i think one underappreciated aspect of ford was his voice. none of these dudes match the command or presence of his baritone, either as indy or solo.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2015, 15:37 1badmf

Verno wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 09:58:
I'm not sure Pratt is right for the role, the Jones character was more balanced toward playing it straight with wise cracks once in awhile and Pratt seems too goofy.

i'd have to agree. Ford made indy a masculine icon; lightyears from just being some bro with a whip. honestly i don't think there's anybody out there that can match Ford's masculinity and aloofness.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2015, 10:50 1badmf

yeah i'm sure your back is going to thank you for jinxing the weather tomorrow Blue XD  

7. Re: Measles Jan 25, 2015, 10:07 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 19:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 18:09:
A measles outbreak in Disneyland, good work, anti-vaccination idiots. How embarassing, to humanity as a whole, that these CURED diseases are coming back so strongly now. It's going to take a bunch of kids getting paralyzed in the US by polio before this shit stops.

We had a lively discussion a few days ago when this broke.

hah, i don't know why you even bothered man. maybe morbid curiosity, but it was obvious to me from the outset he wasn't interested in a discussion of the truth, just pushing his barely hidden braindead ultra right-wing agenda. i wish i could've been inside his mind when he read my reply about the meaning of wisdom and if it had any effect on him at all though - even an ember of self-doubt would've been a foot on the path to the truth.

16. Re: The rise of fake engine noise Jan 23, 2015, 18:05 1badmf

your mocking tone wont shake my faith in hyundai power!  

13. Re: The rise of fake engine noise Jan 23, 2015, 16:10 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 11:15:
This has been around for awhile, actually. BMW has been pumping in fake engine noise for years.

It's partially understandable. People keep wanting quieter cars, so manufacturers put in more sound-deadening material, but the flipside of that is that you can't really hear the engine anymore either (unless you're in a mid-engined supercar and it's right behind your ear!)

So I don't mind them pumping in the engine noise through the speakers if you put it in say Sport mode, or Track mode, but the fake noise is kinda stupid. Then again, my '15 Mustang does it too. There was a video of a guy using the "sound chip" from the Mustang to actually play like the Star Spangled Banner. It's not as if you even really notice it.

Ah well, ten years from now we won't even have engine noise anymore.

also, Conan and Archer is brilliant.

ooh '15 mustang nice. which one? the ecoboost 4 cylinder turbo? i almost got that but to upgrade to a leather interior was too much of a kick in the pants. i'm gettin a hyundai genesis coupe instead.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 04:34 1badmf

a bit of wisdom for you, and maybe some day, possibly on your death bed you'll understand why you were such an asshole all your life.

the reason it took 3 pages for someone to post a rational reply is that we're all aware that neither your or us is interested in a serious debate about this issue. the only difference between you and us is that we're honest about it and just make jokes while you try to hide behind your smokescreen of half truths and cherry picked facts. but the fact is, you've made up your mind and you've shut it off to change which is why i didn't bother to engage you in the first place. you're not interested in logical debate, just pushing your idiotic notions of non-science which is why it's a waste of time to even talk to you. come back when you figure out what socrates meant when he said wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 01:38 1badmf

well gotta give you points for determination. you are COMMITTED to your willful ignorance!  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 21:43 1badmf

DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:42:
mag wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:35:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 19:55:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 18:43:

So it's fine for tens of thousands of children to suffer the weeks and weeks the pain and indignity (and possibly death) of a completely preventable disease, why exactly? Because some rich selfish assholes have fake beliefs about science and think other people's children should risk takers to keep their own safe? Douchecanoe.

God your pathetic. You fell for the divide and conquer bait. This has nothing to do with rich people. It has everything to do with educated people who look at history and make their decision to have their children vaccinated or not based upon history and common sense.

I noticed you didn't stand up for any people who are already dead or brain damaged from a vaccination shot...but you probably justify that with the "theoretical" millions of lives that are saved each year because of vaccines. So, that makes it all good.

Please tell me you did get your swine flu shot, yes?

Look at how common measles was. Go look up how common complications from measles are, and their severity. Go look up how contagious it is. Now go look up how common serious complications are to the MMR vaccine. Crunch the numbers.

Right now, you're relatively safe. You're freeloading off of the rest of the country's immunity. But as soon as you get a community of anti-vaxxers together, the viruses start proliferating again, like in this case. Get your ideas to spread, and enjoy infant mortality rates returning to the 19th century standard.

I don't have to "free-load" off of anything or anybody. My immune system is strong enough to keep me alive. Put me in a room with 10 people, 20 people, a 100 people who "already" have the measles. It won't effect me. My immune system keeps me alive. Not a dead virus being injected into my blood stream.

You DID get your h1n1 swine flu shot, yes?

this dude's gotta be trolling. nobody without braindamage can possibly be this stupid... can they?!?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 19:43 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 18:43:
Cutter wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 14:41:
Right-wing southerners think vaccinations are part of a 'liburl' conspiracy? Gee, there's a surprise. Darwinism in action right there folks.

There are a lot of problems with beliefs in the south. The anti-vax thing usually isn't one of them though. The article is largely about Orange county. In California.

This asshole is the worst though:
Bob Sears, who is famous for authoring The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child, which has sold hundreds of thousands of copies since 2007.
Sears declined an interview request for this article but directed the Guardian to a Facebook blog in which he played down the gravity of the latest outbreak, saying complications from measles were treatable and that the risk of fatalities in the US was close to zero.

So it's fine for tens of thousands of children to suffer the weeks and weeks the pain and indignity (and possibly death) of a completely preventable disease, why exactly? Because some rich selfish assholes have fake beliefs about science and think other people's children should risk takers to keep their own safe? Douchecanoe.

yeah it's surprising how willfully ignorant the rich and successful can be. sorta confirms my hypothesis that intelligence and education do not necessarily correlate, esp. since the one medical article that espoused it has long since been thoroughly discredited and the doctor the performed the study humiliated.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2015, 20:01 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 18:10:
Hmm, thread's been up for five hours already, but no comments yet.

So, um, first?

*ducks*

Laugh2

nice to know even the most level headed of us can't resist planting that flag on the internet now and then haha.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2015, 18:50 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 17:46:
Westjet 737-700 pushed across the tarmac by strong winds.

Good response posted by the airline explaining how their crew handled the situation. I would have expected a DMCA takedown notice.

bad setup though. in conditions like that all the wheels need to be double chocked. as far as i can tell they didn't even chock the rear wheels. source: i've worked for UPS airport ops for ten years.

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 00:23 1badmf

you kids need to go to a star wars re-education camp =P  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2015, 00:14 1badmf

incentive to get a better job. they do make good money for being an entry level position.  

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
22. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 17:45 1badmf

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:31:
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

HIDE YOUR SODA MACHINES THE ADMIRAL SUPREME FLEET COMMANDER RULER OF THE UNIVERSE IS BACK!

man what a let down. we did the magic chant and the boogey man never showed up. maybe we have to turn around 3 times in front of the bathroom mirror?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 17:42 1badmf

beremot wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 15:34:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 13:11:
beremot wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 13:06:
Reminds me of a child sticking his fingers in his ears and chanting "Na na na na-I'm not listening-na na na na!"

Does that really work as an adult? Assuming, of course, that you qualify as an adult.

It appears to be working for you.

More childishness. In this case the equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?"

one bad turn deserves another. you had it coming - max was just more honest about it. not that you care about honesty or the truth - you're just as bad as the guys you're railing against, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2015, 13:29 1badmf

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 10:05:
Is there general agreement among scientists that humans have evolved over time, or not? (This phrasing generally makes it easier for people to accept the reality of evolution, since it's not asking about their personal beliefs.)

It's a shitty question, and I can see education playing a role in understanding the different ways that question can be taken.

Is it asking about origins? Is it asking about substantial evolution since 'humanity' has existed? Are they asking if there's been speciation among humans?

Rotten article all around. But no surprise there.

it's a simple enough question, and the answer is straightforward as well, the point being to ask questions that have simple answers so that you can control for factual accuracy and let the test subjects' biases take flight. in case you weren't aware, the VAST majority of scientists believe in evolution.

there's nothing wrong with the article or the test - as it implies, there's something wrong with people.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 13:19 1badmf

apparently peyton's been playing with a torn left quad since december, which would explain the lack of ability to run. also those fluttering duck passes since he can't really drive his weight into his passes.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2015, 19:56 1badmf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 19:21:
Link to our pool?

Maybe this?
http://www.pooltracker.com/w/menu.asp

suggestion - i know it's too late now but maybe next year we could do the nfl's playoff fantasy thing. i'm doing it with a bunch of work buddies and it's really simple. pick 9 players each week, pts for stats. because there are so few teams it's a lot simpler than the regular season, and since it's not an exclusive nfl player pool to choose from you can have as many fantasy players as you like.

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo