Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 972 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2015, 18:43 1badmf

oh, weird. i think i saw the first review was from SD at the time i looked. might have to check that place out some weekend or other.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2015, 14:51 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:23:
So I'm riding on the South Bay Bicycle Path - a part of my 20 to 30 mile daily bike ride -- and I suddenly notice the sand is full people with very pale skin (no tan). It can only mean one tragic thing ... Spring Break! Damn it, that means a lot people will be ignoring the signs and walking on the bike path!

oh a san diegan ey? i knew there was something unseemly about you, damn southern yokels haha.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2015, 03:12 1badmf

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 02:27:
1badmf wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 00:53:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 21:06:
I'm waiting to see what materializes.

the idea of Trek has always been grand, but i've always found the implementation to be rather bland and uninspiring, with the exception of a few eps here and there. to me there's no surprise that it never lasts - until they get writers and producers that really embrace the inspirational human side of the show, it'll just remain schlocky scifi that most people ignore. that's why i always hated it when enterprise and crew went down the warpath with alien race A, B, or C. it abandoned what made it potentially great in favor of cheap drama.

That's exactly why Babylon 5 is the far superior show.

preachin' to the choir bro. i've been trying to spread the gospel of B5 for years but it's sortof a difficult show to get into what with season 1 being entirely foreshadowing and buildup.

6. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2015, 00:53 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 21:06:
I'm waiting to see what materializes.

the idea of Trek has always been grand, but i've always found the implementation to be rather bland and uninspiring, with the exception of a few eps here and there. to me there's no surprise that it never lasts - until they get writers and producers that really embrace the inspirational human side of the show, it'll just remain schlocky scifi that most people ignore. that's why i always hated it when enterprise and crew went down the warpath with alien race A, B, or C. it abandoned what made it potentially great in favor of cheap drama.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2015, 15:35 1badmf

basements are overrated anyway. i've seen enough good horror movies to get creeped the fuck out when i see stairs descending into darkness.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2015, 01:06 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 20:35:
1badmf wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:45:
i think an RTFA is appropriate here =D

when used for containers of edibles, they use an edible lubricant.

Here's the quote from the article:
The approach also allows them to vary the ingredients of the textured layer and the lubricant to fit the properties of different liquids — for food applications, the coatings are derived from edible materials. (The company does not divulge the specific ingredients. “We use things that are, maybe, parts of foods, you’d say,” Mr. Smith said. “You wouldn’t make a meal out of our coatings.”)
I'm not sure that qualifies as "edible," and it certainly does not inspire confidence. Ricin is derived from the edible Castor Oil plant, but I sure wouldn't want it in my food.
is no one else here as big an xfiles nut as me? there's so much more material that i can think of right now to fill the show, especially post 2012. the reason they're doing it is cuz they both love the show as much as we fans, and the material couldn't have been that light considering it won multiple emmys both for cast and crew.
I hadn't heard that either of them loved the show. David left, and Gillian has just moved on to better parts. Playing Scully just seems less interesting of a part than what she's currently got in her busy schedule. Not saying they shouldn't, just surprised.

it's not a well known thing, more of a thing they hint at during interviews and such. i've watched them do interviews at various 'cons, and duchovny has said he tends to shy away from half-assed xfiles projects because he views himself as a custodian of an important part of tv history. as for GA, she's constantly bugging him to do more xfiles. like she made a joke that she could've gone on Californication and hooked up with him there as sort of a winkwink to the mulder/scully shippers. but duchovny wasn't havin' it - legit xfiles or nothing for him.

you guys are right that it went downhill after duchovny left (that was about halfway through season 7 i think). but up to that point, it was marvelous television. at its best it was visual poetry. if any of you have amazon prime, i highly recommend rewatching the episode 'The Unnatural', directed by duchovny himself. season 6 ep. 19 or 20 i think. it's free for prime members. dunno about netflix.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 17:45 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:37:
Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:14:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 14:31:
With New Nonstick Coating, the Wait, and Waste, Is Over

Okay, is it just me, or is the company name a bit off: "LiquiGlide?" Not sure I want to pour anything edible out of a bottle that's been made by LiquiGlide.

Get anodized aluminum cookware instead. You can use metal utensils with it. It's the way to go.

It's actually not for cookware. It's for the inside of bottles and other containers to make the liquid run out more easily instead of clinging to the bottle. It's fine for nonedibles like paint, glue, or toothpaste. What worries me is this new substance leaking into ketchup or mayonnaise and people ingesting it.

i think an RTFA is appropriate here =D

when used for containers of edibles, they use an edible lubricant.

is no one else here as big an xfiles nut as me? there's so much more material that i can think of right now to fill the show, especially post 2012. the reason they're doing it is cuz they both love the show as much as we fans, and the material couldn't have been that light considering it won multiple emmys both for cast and crew.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 08:49 1badmf

oh hell yes xfiles is back! with only six eps they better not waste any on monster of the week filler like the last movie. and i hope it's post invasion too, like mulder and scully running a resistance a la john connor.

rogue one was the name of boba fett's ship wasn't it?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 17:29 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:09:
Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 16:38:
And this water shortage means food prices will go up for everyone in NA over the next 3 years. One place to start. Ban fucking lawns. No more lawns. A nice rock/wild garden with desert plants looks beautiful, is hardy, and no more wasted water, and wasted fueld and pollution from the ancillary stuff that surrounds that industry, lawnmowers, weed whackers, leaf blowers, lawn seed, etc. It's all just been a massive, and absolutely totally unnecessary waste of time, money and resources. And charge golf courses through the nose at the very least. Those things should be outlawed completely.

And people should start getting back to creating victory gardens and learn how to can, pickle, and preserve foodstuffs. During WWII almost 80% of people in NA had some form of victory garden and were canning, pickling, and preserving their own food. We actually used to eat a lot more, and should eat a lot more, lacto-fermented foods.

Let's see if California has the will to correct the problem or go under.

Hopefully stuff like this where an Orange CA couple were both sued and faced charges for ripping out their grass and making a rock garden are a thing of the past.

And Victory gardens are a great idea. Just don't allow the growing of rice.

hah! tell that to socal's massive asian population.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2015, 18:24 1badmf

Blue wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 14:04:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:45:
Maybe you can get a pop up canopy for rainy days? Wouldn't let you grill in the snow, but should work for the rain. Might need to make some stands for it to get it a bit higher so it doesn't get singed.

I was thinking more along the lines of this one as it looks like the top will allow smoke to escape properly.

you should literally have an opening ceremony complete with new awning and film it, and post it for us. cuz you know we're all manstovia ex-pats.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 17:51 1badmf

640 games! holy titty-sucks batman. i doubt i have 64. my organizational method doesn't go beyond 'stare at list for 10 minutes' double click random icon'.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 09:05 1badmf

funny considering how looking at them tends to drop our IQs about 50 points. somehow i feel like latching on isn't going to have the opposite effect on me.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
30. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 18:03 1badmf

any of you guys played said beta? is it good? i am an old school rpg fan same as most of you, so what's it compare to?  

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
24. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 19:13 1badmf

...derek smart! derek smart!

did it work? XD

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
61. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 12:36 1badmf

wow did not know city builders were so popular. i always thought simcity was niche at best, but whodathunk it was more popular than trolling star citizen, at least in terms of comments.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 13:50 1badmf

haha was that where her name came from? why not ripley then?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
21. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 19:00 1badmf

yeah that 16 parts thing cutter brought up was a complete lie. as far as i know no one's said that anywhere, and i probably follow this game more closely than anyone here. my CID is in the 6000s out of i think half a million at this point. we're still getting the 50 missions promised, just packaged in a different way. number of episodes is really irrelevant.

cutter's griping is so ridiculous i won't even bother to counter it. he's clearly not interested in the truth anyway, he just made up his mind and now he's rationalizing his liltte heart out.

News Comments > New Overwatch Character Intros
4. Re: New Overwatch Character Intros Mar 7, 2015, 01:19 1badmf

beta is this fall and signups are live.  

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2015, 01:08 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 00:47:
That lioness was like, "You think you're safe? Watch this, bitches." Totally knew what to do, and probably had a good laugh at the scared humans.

is it just me or do women seem to do braindead things alot? like not locking the fucking door when a lion is eyeball to eyeball with you. i'm pretty sure if that was ANY dude that door would've been locked the moment they entered the park.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 6, 2015, 01:07 1badmf

and it's only a word because morons insist on using it, the way 'ain't' became a word. but functionally it's useless and irritating to hear.  

972 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo