Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 857 (Graduate)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2014, 14:23 1badmf

nin wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 14:07:
Popular rumor is she's one of the Solo kids.

Kinda liked the fact they didn't lean on established characters right off the bat.

As usual, negativity from the rest of the internet is hardly surprising.

i know i know, but still, i'll never completely give up hope that another Empire can come along. abrams has never come close to that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2014, 13:36 1badmf

i dont think that was jade. she looked too young to me. probably one of the solo kids.

overall impression for me - the abramsness of it is killing me. god, the shakycam, THE FUCKING SHAKYCAM! and wayyyy too much fake looking CG. i wonder why none of these morons realize that all these overproduced monstrosities still look worse than empire strikes back.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 16:05 1badmf

Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 14:00:
Try 80 degrees here today Blues. San Diego, gotta love it!

yup. went and played turkeybowl football with the homies today. good times =D

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 13:37 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 13:18:
Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 09:41:
Did he luck out with Gladiator too? American Gangster? Black Hawk Down? When you're as prolific a director as he is, you're going to have some stuff that works out and some stuff that doesn't. Making a movie is very complex and you're working with a lot of different people and studios with their own set of issues. Some projects just don't work out but that doesn't make him a "douchebag". That's coming from someone who loathed Prometheus by the way.

He's had a bad run lately though: Robin Hood, Prometheus, and The Counselor all sucked.

his work isn't perfect, but when he gets it right he's the best in the biz. and he's always had a unique vision to his films that no one else even comes lose to matching. he hasn't had a good streak, but his body of work speaks for itself so i always check to see what he's working on next. and i would add kingdom of heaven director's cut to that list - so much better than the theatrical release. also Legend, but that's more a personal fave.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 02:25 1badmf

couple of crazy strong poweruser videocard deals over on newegg's black friday page for anyone interested, but these usually sell fast. just bought the top one myself.

r9 290 for $209 after rebate

r9 280 for $160 after rebate

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2014, 12:33 1badmf

85 today at work. i think i'll leave the hoodie at home =P

edit: goddamn that star wars video got taken down quick =(

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2014, 12:57.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2014, 05:16 1badmf

yeah, one has nothing to do with the other, and it's such a patently unrelated example it's a little insulting. his argument boils down to 'forks kill people, so i should legally be allowed to own sunglasses'.

individual ownership CAN be responsible, i agree, but as i've learned many a time, individual examples cannot prove or disprove a rule. the sad reality is that as a society, we've proven we're not responsible enough to own guns. if the lone idea that both sides can agree on is to save lives, then jdreyer's rational statistical analysis is the overriding evidence. The only conclusion that can be drawn from all our national gun-related statistics is that if you take the guns away, far fewer people will die or be injured than with our current gun-owning status quo.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 12:38 1badmf

blue you really should just give in to your surprising pyro tendencies XD  

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
12. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 14:36 1badmf

DangerDog wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:17:
Alien Today on Blue's News kids react to 1984 gaming technology.

Hopefully we're all fortunate enough to be around another 30 years to look back on this moment in time with the same sense of bemusement - "did we really think that technology was the bee's knees?"

i bet OG elite could literally be played on a ti-85.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 24, 2014, 14:34 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 13:36:
The FCC Calls AT&T's 'Fiber to the Press Release' Bluff.

CenturyLink Insists Users 'Don't Need' Fiber Speeds.

Pricey Broadband Has Resulted in Lagging Southern Adoption.

I'm glad these daily stories about our ISP oligarchy are getting some press. The blatant greed and lack of competition stays in the front of people's minds.

and yet as long as the news sticks to our enthusiast sites, i don't think either the customer base or the offenders themselves will know or care. it needs to be covered and championed by the large networks to gain any traction. we've known about this for a long time but nothing's happened because we are the 0.1% of their customer base that gets news from somewhere other than major news.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2014, 23:33 1badmf

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:16:
1badmf wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:08:
also, DAI is a ridiculously expansive game.

I'm hearing 80+ hours...how many have you logged?

20something at the moment i mentioned above, and that unlocked like 20 new quest locations on the world map. i'm sure most of them aren't as big as the hinterlands, but even if 1/4 are, 80 hrs is nowhere near enough time. i'll be surprised if i finish this in under 100 hrs.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2014, 12:08 1badmf

also, DAI is a ridiculously expansive game. i thought i was getting near the end when i closed the hole in the sky but goddamn, that's barely scratching the surface! they put so much content into it, it's almost insane. i'm pretty OCD about my completionism, but i might ahve to let it go in this case or i'll never finish in any reasonable amount of time. also the romance options are terrible. how is leliana not an option? she's like the only likable female in the game. sera's annoying as fuck, the black chick is pro slavery, and cassandra is just a cast iron bitch. she's likable in her softer moments, but then the fist of the inquisition comes out and she's about as appealing as a kick in the nuts.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2014, 11:05 1badmf

good god tapeworms in the brain! fuck that for all eternity!

on a somewhat related note, i was reading about richard the third, how they recently found his body and how there was a pile of old ringworm eggs where his guts would have been. apparently they'll try to exit the host if he suffers trauma, so when he died of several blade hacks (notably a halberd to the braincase), it's likely his orifices suddenly spewed ringworms. gross huh? =DDD

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
11. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 17:33 1badmf

so anybody know what exactly was the cheat in question?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 20:39 1badmf

Task wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:03:
While I'm no fortune teller, I'm guessing some countries will break from the EU eventually. People want their nation's sovereignty back, so their nations aren't looted and debt riddled from austerity measures of the EU Elite, the IMF, and told what to do by NATO and Washington. Some leaders are also waking up realizing that they are basically vassals to Washington, especially when some EU Corporations said "Fuck off" to Washington when they were told to raise sanctions against Russia. There were also mass protests going on in Brussels, some of the biggest ever seen in that country since WW2. The breaking point is also approaching in Italy as well.

the UK just had to cough up something like 8 billion euros for what was essentially a federal tax to the EU. the stupid part is that their burden went up because of their ability to not fuck up their economy whilst the beggars of europe - greece, portugal, spain, etc - had theirs lessened because they ruined their economies. i know that makes sense in some arcane mastery level economic voodoo kinda way, but damn if that doesn't drive the righteous in me nuts, and that would be a good starting point for the UK to break away.

i don't even see where the money goes. each country is still responsible for its own defense and internal welfare as far as i know. that's a lot of money for administrative costs.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 19:23 1badmf

Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:59:
Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:46:
I'd just like to see the zones transition into each other organically like they do in WoW.

WoW doesn't look like this though. It would be cool but its not technically feasible yet in any engine I've seen save for maybe The Witcher 3 but I guess we'll see.

an elf rogue twohander? i don't know what's going on with your character haha.

man i'm 20 hrs in and i've barely left the hinterlands. although i do like that the zones aren't custom tailored to specific level ranges. and omg that first dragon. classic RPG WTF moment. couldn't even get close enough to check his level before he nearly wiped my group with a single fireball. but the baby dragons were lvl 12 which means i'm not fighting him for a while yet. so lovely the game isn't levelling with you.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 21:55 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:55:
1badmf wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 12:24:
PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 12:11:
Time to retire my Antec 900 after many years of admirable (if dusty) service. The winner is... the CM Storm Stryker!

prof your case died? how does that even happen? first case from my first ever self build back in 1997 lasted me 14 years. and only cuz it just got too embarrassingly ugly to keep using.

My cases tend to rust out after a few years, especially the USB ports. But, yeah, I shelled out for a more expensive one this time, and expect it to last.

yeah i finally shelled out for a coolermaster haf 922 case myself. i'm pretty sure when i'm not looking it does deep penetration missions into enemy airspace for the air force, and has a radar cross section equivalent to a small bird. also a pair of 200mm fans in push-pull config =D

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 12:24 1badmf

PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 12:11:
Time to retire my Antec 900 after many years of admirable (if dusty) service. The winner is... the CM Storm Stryker!

prof your case died? how does that even happen? first case from my first ever self build back in 1997 lasted me 14 years. and only cuz it just got too embarrassingly ugly to keep using.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 20:39 1badmf

fyi guys, ati released DA:I optimized beta drivers yesterday. had a bitch of a time installing them on my vista machine, but they do seem to maintain better and smoother fps than my old drivers.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 09:36 1badmf

why do people hate uber so much? seems like taxis need a little competition to me.  

857 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo