Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 19:40 1badmf

to be fair the securities fraud case against him is pretty slam dunk. reading into it, it seemed to me that his jacking up the prices was a last gasp sociopathic effort to make enough quick cash to pay off his previous scams so the feds wouldn't catch on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2016, 01:05 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 17:33:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 14:06:
Choachy wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 10:30:
Oh, that's clever...took me a minute.

You can always tell who the new people are every year...

Hey, I fell for it last year, and I've been here since the freaking Dark Ages

for a moment i thought i was in that one movie... i think it had bull murray in it... ;-)

14. Re: Out of the Blue: Game Settings Poll Feb 2, 2016, 17:31 1badmf

Pigeon wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 16:50:
MajorD wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 12:08:
Just 'out of the Blue' and complete curiosity, what game settings do you select for:

Invert Mouse Y Axis: Yes or No

Motion Blur: On or Off

My settings = Yes and Off.

Invert Mouse Y Axis: Only in flight sims where this isn't on by default.
Motion Blur: Nothing says amazing triple A graphics like blurring the fuck out of everything. Like someone else said only if it's over done and interferes with game play, or looks fugly.

same. my brain must be wired funny, cuz in the same game i'll play with invert off in fps mode, but then i get in a flying thingy and i have to have it on.

kxmode if they were feeling really spiteful they'd fuck with your credit score for you doing that, and you don't know the definition of pain until you try to contest a bad credit report.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2016, 17:21 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:21:
I'm still looking for the ANY key...

Don't remind me.. one of my very fist occurrences of total human stupidity was a support request in a university, a employee there, never touched a computer before, it involved a floppy disk, a manual saying "insert floppy disk, type A:\setup.bat and press ANY key"

Which confused that person in 2 ways
First, floppy drive was B: since he inserted it in the 2nd floppy drive (they were clearly marked and labeled) and he didn't know which key was the ANY key.... he tried the button on the floppy drive but never pressing a single key.. argh!

Since then I loath support assignments.

his name wasn't Homer J Simpson was it?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 16:31 1badmf

i don't have high hopes. what made blade runner great was the story idea from philip K dick and the mindblowing fx. obviously both have been used so now they have to come up with something original on their own. yeah, goood luck with that.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 20:18 1badmf

peyton also has a noodle arm these days, so windows he could hit even 3 years ago are closed to him now, and carolina has a fearsome and fast defense. i predict peyton will throw at least 2 picks. so will cam, but his unique running ability will open up carolina's offense more.

prediction - 17 - 10 carolina.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2016, 17:41 1badmf

harlock wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 17:00:
got about 1.5 feet over here in the mountains... yeh fuck it, im done.. im out

im a beach guy anyways.. this just accelerates my plans

i'd say come to the dark side, but the beach is just so bright and beautiful!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2016, 17:41 1badmf

blue is there any chance you'd be willing to ship your chili? i think a lot of us would be willing to pay for it. the curiosity is killing me!  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 21, 2016, 00:12 1badmf

they need more time to let the bean counters eviscerate essential plot details that you'll only learn if you buy expanded universe fiction.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2016, 00:09 1badmf

Retired wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:36:
wow....Seriously considering buying this....

LG Electronics 34UC98 34-Inch WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34" Diagonal)

if you can afford it they're coming out with OLED superwides this year.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
36. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 15, 2016, 00:20 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 20:34:
NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:56:
I need to pickup a joystick I think so I can actually play this...
I found that my Thrustmaster T Flight isn't precise enough and lacks the buttons to make it easy to play so I'm in the market for a new one.

as a long time space simmer i've found that my best combo is also joystick/kb, but i'm interested in a dual joystick config. i think i'll get a second stick once squadron 42 comes out.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2016, 17:18 1badmf

Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 15:26:
The only enjoyable part of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was Rickman chewing the scenery. Loved him in Die Hard as well.

loved his approach - at first glance typically british, upper crust snob. but then you see his fiery intelligence, his intense sarcasm, and above all his fearless self-deprecation.

i think his role that i enjoyed the most was as metatron in Dogma.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2016, 00:23 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 23:56:
Wow. What an implosion by Cincinnati. People will be talking about that finish for a long time.

well that was a clear and concise way to prove you didn't deserve to win that game...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
17. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 5, 2016, 01:35 1badmf

assassin's creed has always been a conceptually brilliant series that was held back by uninspired design and rushed storytelling. frankly they need to take their time with this bitch, cut out all the cookie cutter missions and do a proper game world with custom stories from beginning to end.  

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
12. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 19:22 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 14:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 13:56:
I want to be wowed by Rift, but this seems like the worst game to do that. Oh, an N64 looking platformer! Whee!

Yeah, I'm thinking more like Fallout 4 in VR, not Mario.

It was announced a few weeks ago that Eve: Valkyrie will also be bundled with Oculus.

Also price speculation that the OR could be $500 or more.

that's a bit more spendy than i was hoping for, especially since i'll probably have to upgrade my vid card as well. oh well, pc master race carries on.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 19:14 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 16:50:
nin wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 16:07:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 16:03:
No one was hurt, well, I don't know about dickhead.

Yeah, but fuck that guy! Any injury he did to himself, he earned.

True. But, fuck alcohol. I always stay home to drink, but had a headache this morning.

being a seldom drinker myself, i was surpised at my tolerance last night. got nicely toasted pre-midnight after several shots, but then came down really quickly. too bad everybody at the party were people i already knew. no new hos to makeout with.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 04:38 1badmf

yeah that appears to be what happened with michael arndt, the first guy they hired to write the script. his name was the one thing that kept my hope alive because i was a massive fan of his work in toy story 3 and his script revisions in Oblivion. he also won an oscar for a story i haven't seen yet, but then they parted ways under murky circumstances and i just knew the bean counters at disney had probably overruled his more daring script choices. shame too, cuz when he's free to run wild he has a real gift for humanism and poetry.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 00:47 1badmf

bigspender wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 23:32:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 21:18:
nin wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 12:44:
My third screening is today at the imax - woot!

Don't let the Haters derail your fun! Dance

I bet all of you star wars people would see the Star Wars Xmas special 3 times too if they were to release it in the cinemas.

i'm not a blind devotee and i suspect most of the people that hate SWFA aren't either. in my case, most of my angst over the movie comes from my love of it and my belief in what it could and should be. for me star wars NEEDS to be something great, and SWFA was merely entertaining, but nothing more. star wars was a revelation; since surpassed, but at the time, a sea change in scifi storytelling. Empire is one of the 10 greatest films of all time. Jedi i rank with the indiana jones trilogy in great adventure films.

that's what star wars needs to be, and can be if they'd just hire the right people instead of letting hacks like abrams take the reigns. JD i hope you're right about the next film cuz i was pessimisted when i heard JarJar Abrams was directing, and he made exactly the film i was afraid of.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 18:22 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 16:16:
Thanks to El Niņo we had a super cold blast here yesterday. Was only in the mid 50s to 60s.

Not all hope is lost. It's climbjng back up toward the 70s over the next few days. Thumbsup

kinda pointless bragging about our weather when new york was warmer than LA last week.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 16:18 1badmf

surprised they don't ship UPS in canada.  

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo