Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1118 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 13:27 1badmf

man if they're gonna go down that road, they might as well grow a real pair and do a commercial about fat chicks. at least that'd be sad AND funny, for like 2 seconds. and then directv's public humiliation would be delicious schadenfreude.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
27. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 17:38 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 15:39:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:54:
What the actual f**k! What is a "social module," and how does it relate to battling space fighters?

So, this would be the login screen for other MMOs? Not trying to be glib, just trying to find an analogy from another game.

it's the first release of a world hub, kinda like a big city in WOW. shops, bars, etc. more importantly, it's the first public look at the persistent universe where we'll all interact with the game on a large scale.

News Comments > HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed
15. Re: HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 18:25 1badmf

Bundy wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:08:
TangledThorns wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 17:24:
I only suspect this has something to do with Half-Life 3.

HL3 CONFIRMED!

wouldn't that be a wicked marketing move?

"today the vivevr is widely available... bundled with halflife3, built from the ground up as a vr experience."

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Twitch Streaming Aug 28, 2015, 18:23 1badmf

ZeroPike1 wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:49:
One of the downsides to moving to Germany is that Youtube Streams are automatically blocked by default. My wife gave me a thing to bypass Germany's auto blocking system thing though, for Youtube videos it might work.

uh... what? are you being serious? all of youtube is blocked in germany? what on earth for? i thought germany was one of the more rational countries in europe.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2015, 12:27 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 12:01:
Tempted to move back to San Francisco. These heat waves are killing my daily bicycle rides.

check the forecast. temps supposed to PLUMMET to the mid 80s next week =)

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2015, 10:40 1badmf

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 10:01:
Blacklist is a mediocre show that just happens to have James Spader in it. I like watching James Spader be sarcastic and witty as much as the next guy but hes all that show has going for it.

The GoT complaints are hilarious, people getting upset about what they willingly ponied up for in the first place.

more than that - what they willing paid for, watched, and isn't available to the general public. but noooo, it offends their sensibilities so it can't be allowed to exist at all.

8. Re: Truck Fights A Bridge, With Predictable Results. Aug 26, 2015, 11:36 1badmf

hah yeah that about sums up my approach to my screw ups - own the fuck out of it.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 22:16 1badmf

what you mean by cheapo $200 sets exactly? the thing is, i'm doing all this in my bedroom and i really don't have the room to be building a home theater setup in here. from where i sit, midrange pc speakers and a 27" monitor are more than adequate. i just need it to work! pretty confident the audigy2 will work though as it has hardware dolby decoding and a dac built in.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2015, 22:05 1badmf

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 18:41:
That was a hell of an explosion, I wonder if that was accidental...

hah reminds me of that police training video where they used waaaaaay too much breaching charge and basically flattened an entire wall.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 20:16 1badmf

PHJF wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 17:24:
Out of curiosity, what does your "very good" audio setup consist of? There hasn't been a decent PC-specific speaker set manufactured in a long time.

well, 'very good' depending on your standards. i guess a doomsday scientist would have higher technical standards than myself =)

it's an old logitech 5.1 setup, and compared to what pc speakers could be, they're very good. but yeah, i doubt they're audiophile quality.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 17:01 1badmf

Retired wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 16:20:
1badmf wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 09:23:
bit off topic, but anybody know of a way to decode dolby digital/dts on a pc from an outside source? wanna hook up my console to my pc so i don't have to mess with the whole receiver/speakers setup.

What console - xbox360 had an adapter that did just that.

Don't all of the receivers now do passthrough of that HDMI signal? I don't know much, both of my receivers died a while back, can't try anything.

did what exactly? the point is i already have a pc with very good monitor/audio setup and i just wanna play my games through it instead of having to buy a receiver/5.1 speaker setup on top. i don't see how an adapter would do that considering no pc has a dedicated 5.1 input.

well thanks for the advice guys, for at least confirming what my internet-poking-around found out. i'm really hopeful the audigy2 will do the trick though.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 10:48 1badmf

i shoulda said i'm not new to this, just wondering if someone knew something i didn't.

apparently the only sound card that can hardware decode dolby is the old audigy2 line. i just bought one for $38 bucks off amazon, but i was wondering if someone knew a way to, say, do it in software from a spdif source. i kludged together something years ago but it was laggy as fuck. was hoping someone came up with a better solution in the intervening time. it's really surprising no one has considering i'm sure what i'm trying to do is pretty common - hook up their console to their PC's a/v system.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 10:43 1badmf

PHJF wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:03:
That's a can of worms. HDCP exists exactly to prevent people from doing this. Apparently there exist HDMI splitters that can strip signals of HDCP, but you'd have to be sure yours would do that. So console > splitter > capture card on PC. But then you'd have to be sure your capture card took that signal, which to my knowledge most can only take dolby digital at best. Capturing eight channel uncompressed audio is not something consumer-grade hardware is built to do.

Unless you absolutely positively have to record/stream, there's no reason to send an HDMI singal through a PC. That's what receivers are for.

that's why i'm doing it through the toslink connection =)

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 09:23 1badmf

bit off topic, but anybody know of a way to decode dolby digital/dts on a pc from an outside source? wanna hook up my console to my pc so i don't have to mess with the whole receiver/speakers setup.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 07:10 1badmf

as someone's who politically apathetic, i think jd is far more right than 90% of americans who adhere to any party. the truth is always somewhere in the middle, but while obama hasn't been our best president, he's far from our worst. the dems in general aren't the smartest bunch, but the republicans are just insane asylum escapees at times. the worst part is the people that defend them don't give a shit about the truth, they just wanna defend their party.

some of what the dems have done can be argued to be detrimental, but it is just irrational to me how so many people can defend the insanity of the republican party. again, i don't follow any party or adhere to any religion, but if there's one thing i worship in life it's the truth. the republicans are basically the opposite of that; they're almost to spanish inquisition levels of head-in-the-sand anti-reason fear-mongering, intolerance, greed and hypocrisy.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 01:24 1badmf

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 20:19:
People *SERIOUSLY* still use the Inception *BWAH* in trailers? In what world is that not a red flag?

Don't watch many trailers? I mean, they use it in EVERYTHING.

didn't the bwwah originally come from batman begins?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 18, 2015, 17:05 1badmf

autoplaying verizon video ad is no bueno!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 17:00 1badmf

strangely silent from bobbob for once =D

socal really does get warm in the summer though, esp. anywhere east of LA. where i work (ontario airport) july/august average is 95, and it's been 105 for a week. strangely though it doesn't feel as bad as when it was 90 with stupid humidity not long ago.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 14, 2015, 00:46 1badmf

ok is it just me or is jade hotter than ever?!?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 10:37 1badmf

interesting article about the geography of true detective. i supposed you'd have to be a california native for it to really bother you though.  

1118 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo