Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 17:11 1badmf

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:59:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:27:
Am I the only one who really wants this EmDrive to actually work? This is probably the best news i've seen in months.

It works. It's only been the US that somehow still seemed to believe it doesn't work, even though it was already validated more than once.

The theory has been around basically since the 60s, but it took awhile for man to build a working prototype. A similar concept exists for a drive that works by pushing aways photons, IIRC.

It gives only a tiny, tiny amount of thrust, but once you're out of the gravity well, it's plenty to propel basically anything. And since you can keep thrusting indefinitely, you could theoretically get up to quite near light speed with it. (I'd just hate to have to sit there and wait the 7000 years it'd take to slow back down again. )

from what i've read they have no idea how it works. it was built first, and then the theories started coming in afterwards. NASA's own paper specifically mentions it doesn't want to get into theorizing and is just a proof of concept of the machine itself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 1, 2014, 01:08 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 20:32:
I think that a lot of people predicted they'd use a smartphone screen. Note 3 screen seems about the right size and type: Super AMOLED. It should be light years better than the original.

Anyone been using theirs? Any impressions?

markplier seems to really dig it. he does lets plays of scary games on the OR so as far as usability is concerned i trust his opinion.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 01:06 1badmf

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:18:
Adrianne Curry's role in life seems to be to draw attention to herself, ever since she posted photos of her playing wow with no clothes on (if not before).

well she is a professional model, so, i don't see what the problem is. doesn't hurt that she's also nuclear hot.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 18:48 1badmf

people still blame the victim in sexual assaults? is that still a thing? guess we haven't moved forward as far as i'd hoped. stephen a smith was just suspended by espn for a week for the same thing.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 00:52 1badmf

haha ok that's pretty good, especially the dead pig.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:08 1badmf

forgive my cinematic neanderthalism (i'm assuming it's from a movie), but what's that from?!? i really hate not getting a joke, especially an apparently good one.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2014, 01:15 1badmf

depends on if they do it right, which i suspect jackson won't. he's always been waaaaaaaay too focused on spectacle in these films. way too many wide angle tracking/helo shots, not nearly enough character moments. as i've said before, watch the rankin/bass animated version. way better acted and paced film than jackson's overproduced mess.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 01:07 1badmf

if it's just a case of wrong-focused marketing a la bladerunner or kingdom of heaven, i'll gladly eat my words. but that trailer was just fluff to me that, as i said, didn't at all capture what made mad max great. i don't see why everybody's so excited about it. it might as well have been a trailer for michael bay's mad max turbo edition on mars. also not a fan of tom hardy in the role. good actor, but they needed someone more masculine.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 28, 2014, 18:33 1badmf

glad it's not just me suffering withdrawals. i find myself reaching for the controller... only to remember i can't play anymore =((((  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2014, 17:53 1badmf

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 15:07:
RoboNerd wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:21:
It's weird I just re-watched Thunderdome twice about two weeks ago, then this trailer appears. Just don't know about Mad Max without Mel. Policeman

I'm pretty "meh" about this one. Dunno if I've outgrown the genre or what, but I didn't find the trailer very interesting.

i'm with you man. what made mad max great was the Heart of Darkness type of journey he took to his own salvation. i didn't see that in the trailer, just 15(hundred) pieces of flare. i suspect they'll get it wrong, look good, play boring.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
12. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 05:50 1badmf

based on the production designs, i wouldn't hold my breath for anything revolutionary. looks like they're just catering to the peter jackson crowd, trying to scratch their adventure itch. which bugs the shit out of me cuz i hated his art designs for the films. still, if it's just assassin's creed: middle-earth, it'll be worth my money.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 02:07 1badmf

so this is an open world middle earth game? iiiinteresting. i thought this was another one of those tired RTSs. and it delves deeper into the lore, something that i've always considered more interesting than LotR itself. screw shogo, if this does well i hope they roll the money into a First Age game =P  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2014, 01:40 1badmf

so that assassin's creed nonsense is actually possible. who'da thunkit? makes one wonder if an outlier type of flare hitting the earth could've done some real damage in the past.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 10:39 1badmf

i highly doubt there'll be space combat, but then again there is a section in the tower to upgrade your ship, so it's possible.

how do you talk to people? all i see are people emoting like mad, but i never see or hear people communicating.

Professor, you can get it on 360/ps3 as well. both have more than a few worthy games, and for dirt cheap these days. heck, since the beta is open this weekend, you could buy a ps3, play all weekend, then return it on monday.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 09:56 1badmf

ok is it just me or are the boss encounters in Destiny really fucking hard. just beat the giant eyeball thingy and it took for-EV-ver. i dunno if we were doing it wrong, but robospider did too. i noticed you do more damage shooting its legs than the big red head target. still not a lot though.

fun game though. it was what i was afraid it was going to be - spaceWoW FPS. and yet, still boatloads of fun. love the story moments, and the combat is rock solid. you can see all the places they rehashed ideas from halo, and yet the combat doesn't feel as slow and sluggish. i never played halo multiplayer because of it, but i can see myself playing Destiny for a long time.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 23:55 1badmf

so the game design is like, WOW type level progressions still? that'd make me said, even if they make it an FPS.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 19:02 1badmf

what about the feel of the game? did it really convey a sense of epicness? of a game world you're just beginning to scratch the surface of? were you really sucked into the living breathing universe?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 18:40 1badmf

you heard a fox??! jesus H, how do you still have a soul?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 23:10 1badmf

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:06:
Cutter, the world is not getting worse. In general it is getting a lot better (though maybe not for you personally). Less violence, less disease, less poverty, more democracy. Have a look at "The Better Angels of our Nature" by Steven Pinker, a very well-researched book about how (contrary to popular belief) we actually live in the least violent period since the dawn of humanity. Even the world wars were not that bad compared to many historical conflicts (in proportion to population).

I don't buy the general doom & gloom scenario, with the possible exception of global catastrophes like an asteroid hit. People have been saying that the world is going to hell in a handbasket since hell and handbaskets were invented, but it is just not the case.

exactly right man. i didn't wanna pick on cutter specifically, but his gloom'n doom pessimism really is not borne out in the least by reality.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 18:13 1badmf

count me in with the optimists in blue's camp. in a hundred years i'm hoping we'll have an offworld colony, and possibly a ship on it's way to another star.  

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo