Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2152 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders
11. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 15:07 jimnms

I pre-ordered when NewEgg had it on sale a few days ago, but I'm not 100% sure I'll get it. I may cancel before release.  

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed
5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 15:01 jimnms

I didn't know there was a non Steam version. I thought it used Steamworks and required Steam. I must have confused it with something else.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Sep 21, 2011, 02:12 jimnms

It's too bad they fucked up the MP. I played the 1.8 in single player for a day and liked the updates. Then I updated my server and tried to play with a couple of friends. The endermen don't react to you at all in MP, until you attack them. The lag is unbearable, I even get lag though the server is on my LAN. My friends connected to it sometimes can whack a block and not see it disappear for 20 seconds. The game gets out of sync. I saw a friend get killed by a creeper, and I commented on our voice chat that I didn't know if I had enough room to hold his crap. He said he didn't die and was standing in front of me. There have been instances where I was following one of them and they couldn't see me, and times when they said they were with me and I couldn't see them. We finally just quit, maybe the next update will fix the shit they broke.

We started a new map with 1.8 too, so it's not caused by using an old map.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 20, 2011, 02:23 jimnms

Amazon has Dead Island digital download for $39.99. Is it worth it at this price, or wait for it to go lower?  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games
34. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 19, 2011, 12:16 jimnms

I was OK with that because I was surprised when they began offering streaming and threw it in for free. I didn't cancel either service although I rarely watch streaming myself. There are a couple of TV shows I'm catching up on, and I though I would cancel after I caught up and didn't have anything else to stream.

First they piss off half of their customers by splitting the DVD and streaming into two separate services causing prices to rise. Now they're trying to piss off the rest of their customer base by completely separating their shit into two different sites, making it an inconvenience to use. Now I've got my finger on the cancel button. What I liked about the streaming and DVD queues is that if one of your DVD's became available on streaming, it automatically showed up in your streaming queue. Now with the two on separate sites it's not.

I can do without Netflix streaming. I have Amazon prime, and I've found Netflix's streaming quality to be crappy compared to Amazon's. Amazon continues to add more titles, although browsing through them is worse than Netflix. Who do I go to now for DVD rental. Blockbuster made it clear they didn't want my money years ago, not Netflix is joining them. I don't like those DVD vending machines, it's not convenient for me to drive into town to find one and have to drive back to return it.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Happy Birthday, Mr. Hard Drive Sep 18, 2011, 19:23 jimnms

My first HD was a 5.25" 80MB Seagate.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month
6. Re: Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month Sep 14, 2011, 13:24 jimnms

Hopefully they'll offer an upgrade to the GOTY or at least a DLC bundle at a decent price for people with just the base game. Especially since it was recently on sale for $12.50 last weekend. I finally caved and picked it up on a GamersGate sale for $11.37 a couple of weeks ago. I don't care for map packs and scenarios, but I would like the extra civ packs  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 00:08 jimnms

Wow, I thought this was already out.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 14, 2011, 00:02 jimnms

NewEgg has Battlefield 3 pre-order for $47.99 with code EMCKAJG96 until midnight (Pacific Time) tomorrow (Sept. 14).

I'm still on the fence with this one due to my lack of time for MP lately and this Origin crap. I bought BFBC2 on sale for $7.50, but I've only had time to play MP a few times. Those few times were a blast, but I just find I don't have time to get into MP games as much these days. Well, they don't charge until it ships, so I guess I can always cancel later.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2011, 15:00 jimnms

Techie714 wrote on Sep 11, 2011, 13:57:
I really cant get over how long DX:HR has been. With so many games today being short 6-10 hour SP games that was what I was expecting. I've got 23 hours clocked so far & I think I'm close to the end. What an amazing ride it has been with a story line that is actually interesting & GOOD. Really loving this game alot & I cant wait for my second play through when the DLC drops.

I have 28 hours of play time so far, and I've just finished the first boss fight. I've done a lot of exploring and every side quest I've come across. I like to save before talking to someone and after, so I can go back and see the outcome of the other options. I stick to my initial choice though.

I'm not too crazy about the boss fights. I'm not going for a pacifist play right now, but I'm doing stealth which tends to be easier if you use non-lethal take-downs, stun gun and tranq. darts.

After I finished the boss fight, I reloaded a save from right before to see if I could use the take-down move on him. I stunned him with an EMP grenade, ran around behind him and pressed the take-down key. It went to a cut scene where he picks me up and punches me, then goes back to real time and I'm still standing behind him. WTF???

Steam Profile

News Comments > Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More
34. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 11, 2011, 09:12 jimnms

Acleacius wrote on Sep 11, 2011, 01:10:
Just glad I didn't buy Oblivion or Fallout 3 on Steam, since I'm using literately 100s of mods.

Those games aren't MP and don't use VAC.

Steam Profile

News Comments > From Dust DRM Patched
11. Re: From Dust DRM Patched Sep 9, 2011, 04:55 jimnms

UBI, you're like a deadbeat husband that beats his wife, then apologizes and promises never to do it again. Sorry, I'm not falling for this shit.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 9, 2011, 04:45 jimnms

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 21:47:
Until they can do 3D without fucking glasses that doesn't give people massive eye-strains and headaches, let it remain buried forever in the vault of "We Tried It Twice, And It Still Sucks."

I would love for 3D to be done right and take off. I tried the NVIDIA 3D thing at QuakeCon last year. The 3D was awesome for the short time I could stand it. After 10 minutes or so I started feeling cross eyed and turned it off. What I didn't like was that you could see a noticeable difference in quality with it on and off. When you switch it on, the image darkens and looks washed out.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 9, 2011, 04:31 jimnms

Dirwulf wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 21:12:
OH darn...they finally put Civ V on sale. Now I'm compelled to buy it for $12.50

It's been on sale before at Steam for this price. I missed it the last two times, and then GMG had it on sale a few weeks ago. I missed that one too, thinking it was a weekend deal when it was only a daily deal. It paid off because GamersGate had it on sale last week for $16, but if you went to the UK site, it was 6.78 GBP, which came to $11.37 USD. I went ahead and nabbed it this time, but I've been busy and my game time has all gone to playing DX:HR.

Steam Profile

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 9, 2011, 04:24 jimnms

This is the second time I've seen mention of a patch for Nuclear Dawn, but it hasn't been released yet. Steam still has it up for pre-order, and there is no news of it launching on the official site either.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Sep 8, 2011, 17:06 jimnms

I found out that I will have to go out of town from Nov 10 through 13.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Boy Finds Dirty Drawing in Used Wii Game Sep 3, 2011, 14:51 jimnms

Am I reading that correct, the drawing was inside the case, not in the game? She's pissed and blaming GameStop for it, and now will only buy new games because of this incident. What a moron. Ok, sure, GameStop should inspect the games before they re-sell them, but how hard would it be to take the time to inspect it yourself before you give it to your kid if you're that worried.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 1, 2011, 19:49 jimnms

I recently installed the Netgear XAV5001 2 adapter kit and I'm quite happy with it so far. I would love to run gig-E through the house, but it's not possible now. I previously had a 200Mbps powerlineAV kit from, which I got cheap for ~$30. I got ~50Mbps between the two rooms it connects, much better than the 802.11g wireless bridges they replaced. They kept dying every 4-6 months, but they were replaced under warranty each time.

After the last one died, I thought the warranty was out and decided to give wireless another try and bought two 802.11n routers with DD-WRT. I got them set up in bridge mode, but the best I could get out of them was 60Mbps, not really worth the money and trouble considering it was barely faster than the $30 PowerlineAV kit.

I sent the wireless stuff back and bought the Netgear XAV5001 kit. It was stupid easy to set up, just plug them in, push the encrypt button and done. They give me ~85Mbps.

The wiring in the house is as old as the house as far as I know, which was built in the 60's. I've read other people with newer houses having bad experience with Powerline network adapters, so I wonder if newer houses are using cheaper wiring that doesn't work well with these things.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco "Garage" Trailer
6. Re: Driver: San Francisco "Garage" Trailer Aug 31, 2011, 17:33 jimnms

It didn't play an ad for me.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Thunderbird version 6.0 Aug 31, 2011, 00:37 jimnms

Still sporting the same shitty ass Aero theme that pissed off everyone with the last update.  

Steam Profile

2152 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo