Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2063 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2011, 13:16 jimnms

jimnms wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 19:39:
Civ V for $12 @ Green Man Gaming: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v

I passed on the $17 Steam sale, then kind of wished I'd grabbed it. I think I'll get it this time.

Well fuck, I missed out again. I thought it was a weekend sale, so decided not to rush into it last night and wait until this morning. After sleeping on it, I still wanted to get it, but now the sale is over and I'm itching to play it.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2011, 19:39 jimnms

Civ V for $12 @ Green Man Gaming: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v

I passed on the $17 Steam sale, then kind of wished I'd grabbed it. I think I'll get it this time.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Mother of Girls in Taconic Accident Files Suit. Jul 29, 2011, 18:34 jimnms

That was a horrible tragedy, but now it's just disgusting with all of the lawsuits flying back and forth between the families. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost three kids (or if I had kids), but what do these people hoe to accomplish with these lawsuits?  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 28, 2011, 23:43 jimnms

I haven't played it, but I think I will pick it up at this price. The unofficial patches do work on Steam right?  

Steam Profile

News Comments > OnLive and Bandwidth Caps
10. Re: OnLive and Bandwidth Caps Jul 27, 2011, 23:28 jimnms

I have Tomato on my router with bandwidth logs going back 2 years. A year ago I was averaging 30GB a month, but now I'm up to 40-50GB a month. In the fine print on my ISP's website it says I'm only allowed 30GB a month, so they're obviously not enforcing this or it hasn't been updated in years.

I'm not a heavy internet user. Most of my daily bandwidth goes to watching a few "fail" videos on YouTube, maybe streaming a TV show or two from Netflix/Amazon and Steam patching Source games every other day. With as little as I do taking up 50GB a month, I can see how a 150GB cap could be a problem if I cut off my cable and used Netflix and Amazon streaming more often.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 25, 2011, 12:40 jimnms

When I look back at previous Civ games, Civ III stands out as the most memorable, and coming in 2nd would be the original Civ. I have Civ IV and all the expansions, but there was just something not quite right about it. I didn't like that they removed ranged bombardment, though there are mods for it. I found that the AI were all pacifists. Once I went without building a military just to see how long I could go. I didn't get attacked until the early gunpowder age. I switched to producing military and I was able to build up a good defense fast enough to repel the attack only losing 3 cities. Once the AI civ lost a battle, they came begging for peace.

Now with less than 30 min to go on the sale, I find myself considering buying it. The DLC are mostly maps and scenarios. The only ones I would want are the extra civs, which IMO should have been included in the game to begin with. I doubt not having them will break the game, and I can pick them up when they go on sale. But then I still would rather have the whole game. The game has been out almost a year, and there hasn't been an announcement if they will sell a version with all DLC included.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 25, 2011, 07:27 jimnms

I still haven't picked up Civ V yet. It's damn tempting for $17, but like I said in a previous post, I'm thinking I might wait for a GotY or Complete edition with all the DLC included. I've got <6 hours to decide.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
5. Civ V Jul 22, 2011, 04:19 jimnms

I was just thinking about Civ V the other day. I was thinking that the next Civ game should use Frozen Synapse's simultaneous turn based system.

I've been wanting this to go on sale, but after looking at all of the nickel and dime DLC for it is kind of putting me off wanting it. Even for $17 I feel like I'm only buying part of the game. I wonder if they're going to put together a Civ V Complete or GOTY that includes all DLC. I can wait longer, it's not like I have a shortage of games to play.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Altitude Free Weekend, Sale, Patch
5. Re: Altitude Free Weekend, Sale, Patch Jul 22, 2011, 04:03 jimnms

I enjoyed it the last time they had a free weekend, but it still doesn't seem like something I'd play that much. Buuuuut, $5 is tempting.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Tech  Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech  Bits Jul 21, 2011, 23:58 jimnms

The only thing I don't like about the new version is the new white tray icon.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 18, 2011, 00:22 jimnms

Oh noes, now the terrorists know how to cut our tubes.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 17, 2011, 04:35 jimnms

Interesting he says that finding an RS232 cable and DB25 adapter were the hardest part. I just cleaned out a bunch of that stuff, as well as some old LPT cables and a null-modem adapter from my junk cable drawer a few weeks ago.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Download Changes
8. Re: Steam Download Changes Jul 16, 2011, 02:14 jimnms

I don't see any new regions in the US. I see something called LAN Event (USA), LAN Event (Europe) and LAN Event (Asia). I think I saw those before, but I've never found an explanation of what they're for.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Holy fuck! Jul 16, 2011, 01:36 jimnms

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 20:13:
Who wants the new DX game for $29?!?!?
Is this legit? It's not a key from China or somewhere that will get revoked if activated in the US?

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2011, 21:49 jimnms

As we’ve seen in the past, the lawyers don’t see Jane Doe’s age as an excuse, nor do they buy the claim that someone else may have used her unsecured wireless network to download files. Jane Doe has to pay up or convince the court she’s not guilty, they insist.

WTF happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Netflix Jul 14, 2011, 21:09 jimnms

I haven't decided what to do. When it comes to getting a Blu-ray or watching it streaming, I prefer the Blu-ray. If they would stream 5.1 surround, maybe I'd watch more streaming, but I also like to watch the extra features like deleted scenes.

I don't watch enough streaming TV/movies to justify the price increase, but they do have a couple of TV shows that I've been watching off and on that I can't get anywhere else.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Trailer
1. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:16 jimnms

Nobody notices the lights going out? Not sure I like the scripted enemies walking in when you pick up the Gatling gun.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > QuakeCon Forums Hacked
1. Re: QuakeCon Forums Hacked Jul 13, 2011, 22:19 jimnms

It's way past time I changed my passwords. I have 4 passwords that I randomly use for low security things like forums. I checked my password safe to see what I used at the QuakeCon forums and searched for sites I used the same password on. Given the recent spree of hacking, I'm just going to go through them all and generate a random password for each site.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 01:13 jimnms

I wish Amazon would get more streaming content. I would cancel Netflix's streaming and keep Amazon prime. I signed up for Prime when they began offering streaming with it, but I have only found one thing to watch on it, a TV show I was watching on Netflix. The video quality is much better than Netflix.

I don't think I watch enough Streaming TV/movies on Netflix to justify the new pricing of it.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. PuTTY Jul 13, 2011, 01:01 jimnms

Wow, I thought PuTTY had been abandoned. It hasn't had an update in over 4 years. I used it for a long time. I don't need a telnet/ssh client as much anymore, but I still keep it around for when I do.  

Steam Profile

2063 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo