Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2150 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2012, 12:35 jimnms

Would it kill you to get some beer every now and then? Stupid bees and their stupid honey.  

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GTA4 iCEnhancer
2. Re: New GTA4 iCEnhancer Feb 13, 2012, 11:36 jimnms

I tried this once, but I don't know what version. It looked different, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was better. It basically looked like they just crank up the brightness and contrast. I personally think that it looked too bright and washed out in the day time, but dusk/dawn looked good. I'll wait for some mirror sites before I try this version.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2012, 20:39 jimnms

I picked up a 1TB WD passport for a little over $50 post-flood at Staples. Even after they recover, I bet prices will stay high for a while. It's a good thing I'm set for space, unless a drive crashes. My system has a 1.5TB main drive and a 1TB backup. I have an old 400GB and 250GB around if I need them.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
10. Re: Chrome Feb 11, 2012, 20:31 jimnms

Shok wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 19:51:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 19:22:
Is this a problem with all nvidia cards, or just some of them? I was just considering shopping for a new card, but I definitely don't want one that's going to mess up FF for me. Would go with AMD for sure if that's the case.

Yes, apparently so if you use the 280 release drivers. To be honest, it didn't crash daily...only 3-4 times a week or so. And by crash, I mean the video driver crashed not Firefox. Basically, you get a black screen out of the blue for a few seconds and the vid driver pops up a tooltip that it recovered from a crash.

I'm currently running 290.53, but even with the 280 drivers I never had that problem with my GTX 470.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Skyrim Sizzle Reel
38. Re: Skyrim Sizzle Reel Feb 10, 2012, 00:25 jimnms

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 22:17:
I still wish someone would redo the lockpicking mini-game. Porting that over from Fallout 3/NV and giving it minor difficulty tweaks was such a cheap move. They should have made something all new.

I agree. Also, the lock picking branch of perks is useless since the locks get easier to pick as your skill goes up. At 100 lock picking skill, with no perks, I can pick a master lock only breaking three picks max.

There are other balance issues that Beth never gets right. For example, the abundance of health, stamina and magicka potions laying around everywhere, which making alchemy useless. Now that the creation kit is out, I look forward to the mods to fix this.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. RealPlayer Feb 9, 2012, 18:03 jimnms

People still use RealPlayer?  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Skyrim Sizzle Reel
32. Re: Skyrim Sizzle Reel Feb 9, 2012, 17:55 jimnms

Kastagir wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 17:47:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 15:35:
The spears were cool looking.

I never realized bow/magic didn't have slow-mo kill shots. That's an odd omission.

The game would quickly seem far too similar to Fallout3/FNV if it had too many killcam opportunities, particularly with ranged weapons/spells. I hope that if it is ever added that it is made optional.

I wish they would add an option to disable the kill cam, there was an option to turn it off in New Vegas. I disabled it the first time it happened in FNV.

Steam Profile

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2012, 22:45 jimnms

Jim wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:19:
America's dumbest "holiday" is upon us, and be prepared to see the same crap here again tomorrow.

Sorry I just can't get into this "groundhog day" nonsense. Bah humbug

I'm still waiting for winter to start. It's been like spring all through December and January with highs in the 60-70's, and only a few days where the low dipped below 40F.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2012, 21:03 jimnms

Firefox has gotten better, but the first few releases on this new speedy version numbering system were rocky. On the other hand, they still have not fixed the shitty default interface introduced to Thunderbird when they brought it into the speedy version numbering.

RailWizard wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:14:
BetterPrivacy incompatible.

It's working fine for me. Make sure it's up to date.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus
12. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus Jan 26, 2012, 06:32 jimnms

Wow, two new indie space sims this week. The trailer for this one didn't look as good as the one that came out a few days ago, Evochron Mercenary. Has anyone tried either or both? I downloaded the demo for Evochron Mercenary, but I haven't tried it yet.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Minecraft Lego Jan 25, 2012, 13:14 jimnms

Jim wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 12:16:
Cool, Lego is going back to basics! I really think Lego has gone too far in recent years with all of the branded themes and highly customized parts. I liked it better back in the day when you just got a bucket o' blocks, although the Technic sets are pretty cool.

I played with LEGO's as a kid. Back then you could even buy Technic kits that were just a box of blocks, gears, wheels, etc. It came with a book showing you how to make a few things, but the rest was up to you. Now all LEGO sells are basically models.

I'd love to play with LEGOs again, but I'd like to be able to buy bulk kits like you used to. I remember LEGO used to have a place on their website to buy in bulk, but it was obscure and hard to find. I just tried to find it (for a whole 30 seconds) and failed.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Frozen Synapse "Musical" DLC Plans
5. Re: Frozen Synapse "Musical" DLC Plans Jan 17, 2012, 19:28 jimnms

I'm more interested in them fixing or at least implementing the promised win by default if you opponent doesn't make a move after 2 weeks feature. Last time I checked, it still said that you win by default if you opponent doesn't make a move after 2 weeks in the game docs/FAQ.

I played the SP campaign and instant skirmishes until I felt confident enough to give MP a try. I won my first game, but the next three games I played, when it became clear that I would win and my opponent had no chance, they quit. Those games are still sitting there in my active game list, with no moves made since August. After that I lost my desire to play until they fix this. It's the most complained about thing on their forum, and it's something that can be done server side. They said they flushed the old games once before, but only on the UK server.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 16, 2012, 06:52 jimnms

wtf_man wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 16:34:
Well... I've got 160 hours in, with my first and only character. And while I have done almost all of the quest content... there's still wandering and discovering dungeons I haven't been to on the map, and crafting. I can see this pushing 200hours on one character... plus playing with mods here and there...
I've got 220+ hours on my first and only character. According to the game stats, I've only completed 5 main story missions. To give you an idea of where I'm at in the main story, I visited the gray beards, then was sent off to find that horn of wind something. I still haven't gotten the damn thing.

After visiting the gray beards, I decided to swing down by Riften because I had a quest there, then I picked up bunch more quests. I eventually made my way back to Whiterun because I couldn't carry any more and needed to sell some stuff and drop stuff off at my house. I set off to return to Riften and complete some of those quests, but I never made it there. Instead I ended up on the opposite side of the map near Solitude.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Amazon Best of 2011 Jan 9, 2012, 23:09 jimnms

My niece wanted "Just Dance" for her Wii, so I got her Just Dance 3 since it was the latest one. What a sad excuse for a game. She didn't read the instructions, just pressed the buttons until the music started and then jumped around in front of the TV, and actually got a high score.

That seems to be the kind of games kids want now, no challenge, just push a button and win. It doesn't even look fun, and you could just dance to your own music without the need for a stupid and seemingly random scoring system.

I'm going to make a game called "Just Win." It will have a big button on the screen, and you press it and win the game. It will be a big hit, and I'll make millions on it and the sequels.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2012, 17:57 jimnms

Since these military vehicles are paid for by taxes, I would think using their names and likenesses in games would be different than using the name and likeness of a Ford.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Q.U.B.E. & Demo
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Q.U.B.E. & Demo Jan 7, 2012, 00:10 jimnms

Looks interesting, but the lack of control customization means it's going on my wait list. I can't stand WASD, I've tried it, it's clumsy and I don't like it.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 15:00 jimnms

There are three games I have that I haven't completed the winter achievements on yet: Super Meat Boy, Revenge of the Titans and Space Chem. I saved them for last because they are the hardest and/or most time consuming. I have them from humble bundles, but never played them before. I don't want to cheat by downloading save games or trainers, because then I'm not achieving anything.

Then I just noticed there is a note on the page listing the achievements:
If you unlock an achievement on or after 12/31 your prize will be a free Valve game, a coupon toward a Valve game, or Holiday Coal.

I attempted the Revenge of the Titans one a couple of times, but since I haven't played before, I didn't get far, so I put it off. I tried Super Meat Boy, but well that's just insane. The Spacechem is probably the only one I'll get done today, but I'm going to try Revenge of the Titans again. But since the only thing left to win is a Valve game or coupon for a Valve game (which I have every one already) or coal, it's probably not worth doing. I wonder if that applies to crafting coal too, or does coal crafting still have a chance at getting other prizes?

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 16:44 jimnms

I got CS:S for one of today's achievements, any one want that? I also still have extra copies of the following:

Frozenbyte Bundle (Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor)
Frozen Synapse
Gemini Rue
Hacker Evolution: Duality
Hacker Evolution: Untold
inMomentum
Saira

Email me though here or hit me up on Steam if you want one.

Steam Profile

11. Re: Coal or Pizes? Dec 30, 2011, 19:50 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 19:15:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 18:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:31:
I did magically get 2 copies of The Ship for an unknown reason.

Same here, and I already had it so that's 3 now. I thought everyone was getting them but the friend I mentioned who was doing the crafting didn't have any of the coupons I did.

Also he didn't have Portal 1 yet and at this point I thought that was impossible considering the amount of times they've given it away for free - $5

I read some forums posts (not always reliable) and posts on "other" "game" sites that they had been removed.....but alas, here are mine. I already own the game, and I don't see anyone who has it on their wishlist.....

Are people still playing The Ship? I played it during a free weekend a while back. I thought it was fun and different, but it didn't seem like something I'd stick with. If you can't find a home for them, I'd be glad to take one.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Game Reviews
23. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2011, 19:36 jimnms

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:43:
250 hours? I really liked New Vegas, but after 90+ hours I had seen enough.

You didn't see much then. I have close to 290 total hours, and I had unfinished quests unexplored areas. I just got the DLC during the November sales, so I'm looking forward to getting back to it after I finish Skyrim.

Steam Profile

2150 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo