Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2170 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2012, 22:35 jimnms

DangerDog wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 20:44:
I hope the US tells the UN to go get stuffed.

What's this about? I'm getting an error when I go to the link. Tried it on three different systems.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 12:48 jimnms

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:58:
I've yet to play more than about an hour of the GTA4 campaign thanks to the lousy controls and driving physics so I'm not holding my breath. It does look cool but a shitty PC port (and I'm usually defending such things) coupled with driving being unpleasant in a primarily driving game means I'll wait this one out.

Try this mod. The default handling physics were ok to me, but after using that mod, I can't go back to the stock handling. The high damage option in the mod is still too forgiving, so I used an editor to boost the damage multiplier to all cars to make it more realistic. It's much more fun and challenging running from the cops knowing your car isn't going to drive away from a 60 MPH head on crash.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: The Top Ways We Injure Our Genitals Nov 13, 2012, 18:05 jimnms

2. Razors, scissors and clippers (1,089)

WTF Headscratch

Steam Profile

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
34. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 21:29 jimnms

webname wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 14:52:
The game is a fucking resource hog, its astounding really for what it is, drives the fans on the vid card
into overdrive, but then its running optifine as well dont know if its the cause. but even the server is a resource pig and it runs on linux to ,me happy :)

It doesn't cause my video card's fans to speed up. It does cause the CPU fan to speed up from silent to a slight whisper. I'm also running optifine, using AA and AF and boosting the view distance.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 12, 2012, 07:51 jimnms

Jerykk wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 22:39:
jimnms wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 20:25:
I was about to buy this a couple of days ago, but decided to check out some previews first. After reading that there is no first person option now like there was in previous Hitman games, this is a no buy for me.

People actually played Hitman in first-person..? That's like playing Elder Scrolls or the newer FO games in third-person. :|

And yet people do play Elder Scrolls and FO in 3rd person. I don't criticize anyone that would want to play in 3rd person, it's their preference, but at least in those games you have the option. It has been an option in previous Hitman games, so I don't understand why they took it out.

Steam Profile

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 12, 2012, 02:15 jimnms

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 20:56:
Is it fun? I'd not heard of it until it showed up on steam, but was hesitant to buy it.

Thanks!

I see what they're trying to accomplish, and that looks fun to me. What little I played was fun, but losing your entire town due to stupid AI behavior when they decide to go attack things while gathering stuff was frustrating.

Rather than micromanaging individual people, you're playing god or king or something and giving "todo" lists and priorities to the people. They'll get it done if and when they can, but that's where part of the problem lies. When resources near the town dry up early on before you can get a self sustaining village going, they venture farther out to gather the resources and run into bad things. Rather than run back to town for safety they go Rambo on it even if they don't stand a chance unarmed.

I haven't tried the latest version, so I don't know if they've ironed out the AI. The last one I played was v4 or v5, and the latest is v8. Even if they get the AI fixed, it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy game, and you may still find your town getting wiped out if you don't get them prepared. The maps are random, there are bad things on the surface, and dungeons full of bad things underground.

There is a demo available at http://www.townsgame.com/

Steam Profile

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2012, 20:35 jimnms

spindoctor wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 19:29:
If you're considering buying Towns, I'd recommend having a look at the Steam discussion forum for the game before deciding. There seem to be a lot of threads saying that the game is unfinished and still basically a beta.

Actually it's still in Alpha, but I don't see any indication of that on the Steam store page. I have this from a bundle, and it's been a while since I played it. The last time I played I couldn't stop the people from running off to attack things when they didn't have weapons. I would end up losing my entire population because they would see a monster when out gathering stuff go attack it and die. You can designate people as soldiers and equip them with weapons and armor.

Steam Profile

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2012, 20:25 jimnms

Techie714 wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 14:29:
Picked up Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition on GMG for $33.75 with that voucher discount going around. Still no good deals on Dishonored yet...

I was about to buy this a couple of days ago, but decided to check out some previews first. After reading that there is no first person option now like there was in previous Hitman games, this is a no buy for me.

Steam Profile

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:40 jimnms

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 13:32:
What the fuck happened to Carrie Fisher.

35 years happened.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 13:38 jimnms

http://autumnseal.com/

I got the coupon I wanted, (75% off Trine 2: Goblin Menace), but got others in the process. I have codes -75% Rochard, -75% Trine Complete Collection and -50% Legend of Grimrock if anyone wants them. I also have a coupon for 75% off Trine 2 Collectors in my Steam inventory that I don't remember where I got it.

I also got a coupon code for Alan Wake Collector's Edition. I don't have that game, is it worth picking up?

Steam Profile

News Comments > Indie Royale's Harvest Bundle
2. Re: Indie Royale's Harvest Bundle Nov 9, 2012, 12:06 jimnms

Where did you get the 1st Avernum trilogy? I have the Geneforge games from a previous Indie Royale bundle, and the 2nd Avernum trilogy from a different bundle. I have seen the 2nd Avernum trilogy on several bundles, but not the 1st trilogy. The only place I see it for sale is on CD from the official site for $30. I know they remade the 1st one and changed the name to Escape from the Pit.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > BioShock Free on GameFly
12. Re: BioShock Free on GameFly Nov 9, 2012, 11:38 jimnms

I bought this on a Steam sale for $15 after they stripped the DRM from it. It's one of the few games I have started and not finished. I got as far as where you find out the big "shocking twist" mentioned above, but I wasn't shocked at all as I had suspected something was up with that very early in the game.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2012, 20:39 jimnms

I have Amazon Prime and Netflix. I haven't watched much on Amazon's streaming service since they added it. I was watching a TV series on Neflix, then out of curiosity decided to see if it was on Amazon. It was, and the quality on Amazon was so much better.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 3, 2012, 05:13 jimnms

GMG has another 25% off code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

Ravaged is $9.99 @ Rain DG

GameFly has a coupon code for 25% off BETATHANKS

And Faerie Solitaire is free on Steam if you get it before November 8.

With the GameFly code you can get The Walking Dead for $11.99. I was going to wait and get it when all the episodes are out, but I wonder how long it will be for it to go on sale for as low or lower once the last episode is out.

Steam Profile

13. Sales Nov 2, 2012, 19:52 jimnms

GMG has another 25% off code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

Ravaged is $9.99 @ Rain DG

GameFly has a coupon code for 25% off BETATHANKS

And Faerie Solitaire is free on Steam if you get it before November 8.

With the GameFly code you can get The Walking Dead for $11.99. I was going to wait and get it when all the episodes are out, but I wonder how long it will be for it to go on sale for as low or lower once the last episode is out.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2012, 19:58.

Steam Profile

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 22:55 jimnms

Quboid wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 22:27:
MoH pre-dates CoD. After MoH: Allied Assault, the developers split from the publishers and the talent made CoD1 (one of the best FPS games ever IMHO), the other developers made some forgettable piece of crap (Men of Valor?) and the publisher churned out MoH games to squeeze every last cent out of it, much like CoD now.

Yes I know MoH came before CoD, that's why I said I passed up the first CoD because I thought it was another MoH. Even for a rail shooter, the first two CoD games were great.

I still want a Hidden & Dangerous 3 because H&D2 was so damn awesome. I have so many awesome memories from missions in that game. It may not have had constant action like CoD, but damn was it tense.

Steam Profile

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 16:32 jimnms

Cutter wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 15:22:
And for those missed it...

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Halloween Trailer!

You'll soil your armour you'll be so scared!

I'm planning to play Amnesia tonight. Pre-ordered it way back, but I only played it for an hour or so when it first came out. I was already playing something else and meant to come back when I finished, but I never did. Steam says I've played it for 16+ hours, so that must have been the game I accidentally left running one day. I wish I could reset the timers on the game so it would be an accurate record of my actual play time.

BTW, has anyone else been having problem with YouTube lately? Videos seem to be stopping randomly between 10 and 30 seconds before it reaches the end. It's fucking pissing me off, even moving the slider back it will stop and jump back to the end. I have to take note of the exact time it stops and move the slider to 1 second past that to see the whole thing.

Steam Profile

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Medal of Honor Michael Blahblah Oct 31, 2012, 16:16 jimnms

Hasn't MoH has always been a shittier versions of CoD? I only played the first one released on PC, I bought it and its expansion at the same time, went home, beat them both in 4 hours. The game was a major let down, the only mission that was any fun to play was the one they released as a demo. I boxed the thing back up, went back to the store and told them I couldn't get it to work. I exchanged it for something else (remember the days when you could do that?) and never touched another MoH again.

I actually passed on the first CoD because I confused it with MoH, but eventually did get it and CoD2. CoD started to go downhill with Modern Warfare as far as SP. I never cared for CoD MP, so there's no reason for me to bother with it anymore.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale
14. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2012, 07:41 jimnms

If you want Amnesia or the Penumbra games, you can also get them direct from the developers store for 75% off. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you get a Steam key as well as a DRM free download, at least I did when I pre-ordered Amnesia from them.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Skyrim Premium Edition Outed
8. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 13:40 jimnms

Is this going to include that awesome "cloth" map we were supposed to get with our pre-orders?  

Steam Profile

2170 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo