Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2172 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 28, 2012, 22:49 jimnms

Shok wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 20:38:
Please note that due to extreme server load it may take some time to get your game, but we are working around the clock to alleviate the situation.

Pro-tip: Use Steam next time.

Or better yet, use GoG.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 28, 2012, 17:32 jimnms

I almost grabbed it during the sale, but let it go. It looks like a lot of fun from videos I've seen of it, but I wish there were a demo. I figured that it would be discounted again during the winter sale and I would have more time to read reviews and such. One concern is how rebindable are the keys and mouse. I don't use WASD, I have a particular setup of movement keys I use for all games. It goes way back to the default keys of Doom and Quake where the right mouse defaulted to forward. There have been quite a few games come out recently that let you rebind keys but not the mouse, so I'm hesitant to pick up games until I know I can use my setup. Can someone that has Chivalry check and tell me if you can rebind mouse buttons?  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:12 jimnms

I'm surprised someone didn't start swinging their bag and beat the girl down.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Borderlands 2 Nov 26, 2012, 20:59 jimnms

Here's another one: W35TT-XTTWK-KXTBT-BJBJJ-9FKCW  

Steam Profile

4. Borderlands 2 Nov 26, 2012, 13:15 jimnms

Here's another Shift code for a golden key: KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX

It doesn't expire, but it has limited uses.

Steam Profile

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2012, 22:34 jimnms

Sepharo wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:38:
Anyone here use Google Docs(Drive) exclusively?

My parents need a new device for occasional word processing and spreadsheets and they also want something near the couch for casual internet browsing and Facebook. My mom has been considering the Surface but the price for what you get... I've told her to hold off. She probably expects me to get her a tablet for Christmas, I'm thinking either Nexus 7 or 10.

So Nexus 7 or 10 for the couch and trips.
And either a new laptop or hand-me-down desktop from me for the desk.

Uh, rambling aside, and back to my original question... Do you guys think Google Docs is a sufficient replacement for very occasional home office needs for someone who's only previously used Office?

Have you considered LibreOffice? I don't need to use a word processor that often, but I do use spreadsheets for a few things. I use LibreOffice, and only install the word processor and spreadsheet components. It has no problem opening MS Word docs, but I have had it mangle older MS Excel spreadsheets.

I also use Google Docs, but mainly to backup stuff. It's nice because it supports the open document format and converts it right to a Google doc so it can be edited in Google Docs and exported back to an open document for the rare occasion I need to edit something when I'm not using my desktop. I could probably just use Google Docs exclusively, but I still like to have stuff physically on my system.

One advantage I can see to using Google Docs is it removes the need to download and install updates. Depending on their experience with computers, a potential down side to it is that they'll need to get used to using it in a browser and realize that it's not a program they launch from a shortcut on the desktop or start menu.

Also Google Docs never seems to remember me. I can log in to Google Docs, but after I close the browser, it forgets me the next time I open the browser again. Even though every Google site and YouTube has me logged in, when I got to Google Docs I have to log in every time. Storing their username and password in the browser would fix that though.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2012, 19:43 jimnms

Is there a lot of players playing Chivalry MP? I haven't had time to play much MP games lately, but I've always wanted a game like this. Anyone want to go in on a 4-pack?  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 25, 2012, 17:22 jimnms

And to delay me from getting it back, they used my Apple account to wipe every one of my devices, my iPhone and iPad and MacBook, deleting all my messages and documents and every picture Id ever taken of my 18-month-old daughter.

I don't use apple products for other reasons, but if what he says is true that is the #1 reason to never use apple. I wouldn't want one company being able to remotely wipe all of my devices. And another point, what kind of moron doesn't keep external backups of important things like family pictures and documents?

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 16:49 jimnms

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 14:48:
Sounds like Apple products are going to take a nose dive in terms of quality.

It won't matter. Most apple people upgrade to the latest iCrap as soon as it comes out, so even if apple has to use a lower quality battery with a shorter life, most apple customers will never know.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Day Four
42. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 23:49 jimnms

Sepharo wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:20:
Snuggle Truck eh?

4 friends already own this game:

Prez
Devistater
Kitkoan
jimnms

motherofgod.jpg

It was in a Humble Android bundle. It's pretty fun on a tablet, and they actually give you the original Smuggle Truck version as well as the cutesy Snuggle Truck. I haven't played it on PC, but I assume it plays a bit like Trials 2.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
61. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 24, 2012, 14:29 jimnms

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 13:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 13:53:
$25 at Amazon...
Dishonored at Amazon

Excellent find! NOW THE REST OF YOU GO BUY IT!

Waiting on Cutter's opinion! :)

I was considering getting it, but I think I'll wait to see what the winter sale has in store. If I bought it now it would be a month or more before I even got to it.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 17:05 jimnms

Zeno Clash is 99 cents! You're an idiot if you do not buy this game at this price.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 12:54 jimnms

Green Man Gaming has some 50% to 75% off sales too with a 25% off coupon. Good deals like this are too hard to let go.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 12:27 jimnms

I fucking hate my ISP. Last year during the holiday sales my cable would randomly go out. It would last anywhere from a minute to several hours, and I missed a few deals because of that.

Yesterday about 4pm my cable went out again. I had to leave at 5:30 to meet family, but I wanted that hour and a half of internet time. It was up when I got home by round 10pm, but went out again not long after. When I got up this morning the cable was back up, but there are six new deals than what was up last night. They seem to be staggered by 12 hours, six deals with half expiring 12 hours apart, so I think I missed a set.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation
5. Re: Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation Nov 23, 2012, 01:06 jimnms

I was really hoping this one would make it. I played the shooting prototype and the weapon handling reminds me of Raven Shield. I couldn't get through the movement prototype (it's linked on the KS page) because you can't rebind the keys.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
27. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 21:54 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 21:33:
Anyone still playing PAYDAY? Played the hell out of it when it came out, and noticed the DLC is only a couple bucks. WOuld play it more if anyone else would like to hop on.....

I picked up the DLC during the last sale, but I have yet to play it. I haven't done much of any MP in a while, but I'm up for some.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched Nov 21, 2012, 17:40 jimnms

The Gods & Kings expansion is 66% off at GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=gods+kings  

Steam Profile

12. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 17:36 jimnms

ASeven wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 17:17:
There's a lot of indie games at a great price, like Cargo Commander.

Remember not to buy a game until the last day of the sale. Some games that are already marked down may show up as daily or flash deals at a higher discount.

Since The Walking Dead is a daily deal, and the last episode was also released today it's probably not going to be marked down more than 50%. I wonder if it will be cheaper during the end of year holiday sales?

Yeah there are a lot of games on sale that aren't listed on the main page. I keep things in my wish list for an easy way to check sale prices for games I want. There are a few that are 75% off that aren't listed, like Dungeons of Dredmor and its expansions.

Steam Profile

8. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 17:10 jimnms

Fion wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 16:57:
Civ 5: Gods & Kings is 1/2 price.

It's 66% off at GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=gods+kings

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 18:38 jimnms

I enjoyed the first episode of SiN. It sucked when they canned it after the first. If you also get the original SiN with it, you'd be crazy not to grab this at this price.  

Steam Profile

2172 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo