Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2166 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2012, 19:43 jimnms

Is there a lot of players playing Chivalry MP? I haven't had time to play much MP games lately, but I've always wanted a game like this. Anyone want to go in on a 4-pack?  

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 25, 2012, 17:22 jimnms

And to delay me from getting it back, they used my Apple account to wipe every one of my devices, my iPhone and iPad and MacBook, deleting all my messages and documents and every picture Id ever taken of my 18-month-old daughter.

I don't use apple products for other reasons, but if what he says is true that is the #1 reason to never use apple. I wouldn't want one company being able to remotely wipe all of my devices. And another point, what kind of moron doesn't keep external backups of important things like family pictures and documents?

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 16:49 jimnms

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 14:48:
Sounds like Apple products are going to take a nose dive in terms of quality.

It won't matter. Most apple people upgrade to the latest iCrap as soon as it comes out, so even if apple has to use a lower quality battery with a shorter life, most apple customers will never know.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Day Four
42. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 23:49 jimnms

Sepharo wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:20:
Snuggle Truck eh?

4 friends already own this game:

Prez
Devistater
Kitkoan
jimnms

motherofgod.jpg

It was in a Humble Android bundle. It's pretty fun on a tablet, and they actually give you the original Smuggle Truck version as well as the cutesy Snuggle Truck. I haven't played it on PC, but I assume it plays a bit like Trials 2.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
61. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 24, 2012, 14:29 jimnms

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 13:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 13:53:
$25 at Amazon...
Dishonored at Amazon

Excellent find! NOW THE REST OF YOU GO BUY IT!

Waiting on Cutter's opinion! :)

I was considering getting it, but I think I'll wait to see what the winter sale has in store. If I bought it now it would be a month or more before I even got to it.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 17:05 jimnms

Zeno Clash is 99 cents! You're an idiot if you do not buy this game at this price.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 12:54 jimnms

Green Man Gaming has some 50% to 75% off sales too with a 25% off coupon. Good deals like this are too hard to let go.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 12:27 jimnms

I fucking hate my ISP. Last year during the holiday sales my cable would randomly go out. It would last anywhere from a minute to several hours, and I missed a few deals because of that.

Yesterday about 4pm my cable went out again. I had to leave at 5:30 to meet family, but I wanted that hour and a half of internet time. It was up when I got home by round 10pm, but went out again not long after. When I got up this morning the cable was back up, but there are six new deals than what was up last night. They seem to be staggered by 12 hours, six deals with half expiring 12 hours apart, so I think I missed a set.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation
5. Re: Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation Nov 23, 2012, 01:06 jimnms

I was really hoping this one would make it. I played the shooting prototype and the weapon handling reminds me of Raven Shield. I couldn't get through the movement prototype (it's linked on the KS page) because you can't rebind the keys.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
27. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 21:54 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 21:33:
Anyone still playing PAYDAY? Played the hell out of it when it came out, and noticed the DLC is only a couple bucks. WOuld play it more if anyone else would like to hop on.....

I picked up the DLC during the last sale, but I have yet to play it. I haven't done much of any MP in a while, but I'm up for some.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched Nov 21, 2012, 17:40 jimnms

The Gods & Kings expansion is 66% off at GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=gods+kings  

Steam Profile

12. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 17:36 jimnms

ASeven wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 17:17:
There's a lot of indie games at a great price, like Cargo Commander.

Remember not to buy a game until the last day of the sale. Some games that are already marked down may show up as daily or flash deals at a higher discount.

Since The Walking Dead is a daily deal, and the last episode was also released today it's probably not going to be marked down more than 50%. I wonder if it will be cheaper during the end of year holiday sales?

Yeah there are a lot of games on sale that aren't listed on the main page. I keep things in my wish list for an easy way to check sale prices for games I want. There are a few that are 75% off that aren't listed, like Dungeons of Dredmor and its expansions.

Steam Profile

8. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 17:10 jimnms

Fion wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 16:57:
Civ 5: Gods & Kings is 1/2 price.

It's 66% off at GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=gods+kings

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 18:38 jimnms

I enjoyed the first episode of SiN. It sucked when they canned it after the first. If you also get the original SiN with it, you'd be crazy not to grab this at this price.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
16. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 18:26 jimnms

I lost interest when I learned they removed the first person option that the previous games had. I prefer to play games from a first person perspective, and there are very few third person games I've been able to tolerate.

I watched some video (pr)reviews this morning and was going to grab it from GMG if it looked like the third person perspective was tolerable. I found it frustrating to even watch other people play it in 3rd person. The camera is way to close and the FOV too narrow, which gets even worse when you move into a close quarters interior. Although you shouldn't be doing much shooting, the shooting looks shitty, even on PC with a mouse.

One of the reasons that I don't like the 3rd person view is that it seems "cheaty" and kills the immersion. You see your character hiding behind a wall or other cover where he can't possibly see what's around it, yet you can swing your 3rd person camera around and see everything.

Even if it had the first person option, I think I would still pass on this. Maybe some of the AI features can be fixed in patches, but so far from what I've seen is that most of the levels aren't nearly as open as previous Hitman games. The first few hours or so are linear "tutorial" type missions. It looks like even some of the open areas feature linear missions with no optional ways to complete objectives.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 17, 2012, 18:05 jimnms

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 11:45:
Yeah... but noscript is a hassle ;p

Ghostery

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2012, 22:35 jimnms

DangerDog wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 20:44:
I hope the US tells the UN to go get stuffed.

What's this about? I'm getting an error when I go to the link. Tried it on three different systems.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 12:48 jimnms

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:58:
I've yet to play more than about an hour of the GTA4 campaign thanks to the lousy controls and driving physics so I'm not holding my breath. It does look cool but a shitty PC port (and I'm usually defending such things) coupled with driving being unpleasant in a primarily driving game means I'll wait this one out.

Try this mod. The default handling physics were ok to me, but after using that mod, I can't go back to the stock handling. The high damage option in the mod is still too forgiving, so I used an editor to boost the damage multiplier to all cars to make it more realistic. It's much more fun and challenging running from the cops knowing your car isn't going to drive away from a 60 MPH head on crash.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: The Top Ways We Injure Our Genitals Nov 13, 2012, 18:05 jimnms

2. Razors, scissors and clippers (1,089)

WTF Headscratch

Steam Profile

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
34. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 21:29 jimnms

webname wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 14:52:
The game is a fucking resource hog, its astounding really for what it is, drives the fans on the vid card
into overdrive, but then its running optifine as well dont know if its the cause. but even the server is a resource pig and it runs on linux to ,me happy :)

It doesn't cause my video card's fans to speed up. It does cause the CPU fan to speed up from silent to a slight whisper. I'm also running optifine, using AA and AF and boosting the view distance.

Steam Profile

2166 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo