Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2366 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 15:00 jimnms

I've never known a dog that ate pretzels. My dog will eat anything if you present it as a treat, but still not pretzels. One other odd thing he won't eat is a certain dog food. I don't remember which one though. The dog food I used to feed him was discontinued and replaced by another type by the same brand. When I first brought it home and fed it to him, he refused to touch it. It wasn't out of protest for changing food because there was another type I would get if the store didn't have his usual. He liked that type too much and ate it faster and it was also more expensive. After he didn't eat it for a day I had to go buy his backup food. I tried mixing it with the new food so it didn't go to waste, but he didn't fall for it because he would pick out the nuggets of the food he liked leaving only the new stuff behind. That's gotta be some pretty bad food when a dog that eats his own puke refuses to eat something called dog food.  

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches
17. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 28, 2015, 14:53 jimnms

MindStalker3 wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 07:51:
Now you must ask yourself, did Squad accidentally find the right balance between fun and challenge with its "choice" of approx 4500 deltaV? Or is there a better value that could be more fun for the typical user.

I don't know if SQUAD picked 4500 dV or if it just worked out that way. It wasn't that hard before, especially with the engine tweaks and new 3.75m parts introduced in .23.5. FAR made it easier to get to orbit in terms of dV requirement. Unless you had the realistic ISP scaler mod, you could get things in orbit with tiny rockets. It turns out the new KSP is even easier now than FAR, even though KSP now has more realistic ISP built in.

I had time to fire it up for a few minutes a little while ago, so I decided to find out the bare minimum I could use to get three Kerbals in space, which I did before in a previous version. It turns out I can get to orbit with 3000 m/s of dV, maybe less.

This craft is what it previously took to get 3 Kerbals to orbit, and you had to fly it just right to make 75k orbit and have a little fuel left over to de-orbit. Now this is all it takes, which is exactly half the fuel and has 3100 m/s of dV. I had to run at 60% throttle to avoid going too fast and I made a 75k x 130k orbit (because I accidentally hit full throttle [z] instead of cut throttle [x] when finishing my burn), and I still had plenty left over.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches
13. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 28, 2015, 07:04 jimnms

This is probably my favorite game ever, but I stopped playing after .24 to wait for release. Now that it's released, I think I'm going to wait a little while longer. Mainly because there are some mods that need updating, but also because it still has some bugs and needs some tweaks.

I watched some of the pre-release 1.0 streams on KSPTV over the weekend. The aerodynamic model was one of the biggest things the game needed work on. It looks good, but now they really need to nerf the power of the engines since the new atmosphere makes it way to easy to pick up speed now. I saw people build large planes that could takeoff and reach Mach 3 before the end of the runway. Rockets that previously would just make orbit are now going so fast they are blowing up due to overheating.

The old KSP aerodynamics required about 4500 m/s of dV to make orbit. I used FAR when I played, which made the atmosphere more realistic. This also cut down the dV to achieve orbit to 3500 m/s. To compensate I used a mod by the same author called realistic ISP scaler (or something that) which made the engines more realistic and reduced the thrust of engines in the lower atmosphere bringing the dV requirement to reach orbit back to about 4500 m/s. The rull change notes sound like they incorporated the realistic ISP scaler concept into the game, but it looks like the engines are still way too powerful.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
49. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 06:42 jimnms

This whole mess has really put a bad taste in my mouth to ever go back to Skyrim. I'm probably in the minority since I didn't really like Skyrim. I started off liking it, but it wore off after a while. Steam says I have nearly 600 hours in Skyrim, yet I have not managed to finish it. A lot of that "play" time was grinding skills to level up, and some more was testing mods to make the game more enjoyable.

I had never heard of the Elder Scrolls games until Fallout 3 came out and everyone was calling it Oblivion with guns. I later bought Oblivion and Morrowind when they went on sale because of that, but all I have played of them were the intro part. Skyrim is my first real taste of the Elder Scrolls.

The game looks great, but the quests are generic and boring. They are all go to [location] do [action] return for reward. There are no optional objects or multiple solutions or outcomes for completing the quest. The only quest that I came across where you had any sort of choice was the civil war quest, and I didn't feel the need to get involved in that.

Then there are quests which should be locked or change based on your character, like the College of Winterhold quest for example. I'm playing a non-mage character, yet when I complete their quest I'm the archmage of the college, and did so without casting any magic. I should have even been allowed in the college as a non-mage, or if they let me help, at least change the outcome of the quest so that I'm not granted the title of archmage. Then even after becoming the archmage of the college, that prick in Whiterun keeps telling me I should join the college.

At first I thought idea of skills leveling as you use them was interesting, but it didn't take long for me to change my mind. Because of this leveling system, there is no character building, and it eventually becomes a grind. When I reached level 50 I only had two skills maxed out. I used single handed weapons, shields, bows and light armor. Smithing was the first skill I maxed out and it really was a long grind to get. I would mine or buy ore to make ingots, kill animals to make pelts or buy them to turn into leather, then spend several minutes making shit to level up. Then because I was just making junk I wouldn't use just to level up the skill, I then sold what I could, but I could never sell all of it since the vendors didn't have a lot of gold. Eventually I just ended up dropping the stuff on the ground.

The only way to level up your armor skill is to get hit, because that skill levels up depending on the amount of damage absorbed by your armor. I generally try not to avoid getting hit in fights, so in order to level up my armor skill, while clearing out a dungeon I found a low level skeleton that could hardly hurt me. My health regenerated faster than it could damage me, so I left my character standing there with a skeleton beating on it while I went and made a sandwich. I came back and ate my sandwich while I watched my armor skill level up.

After I finally maxed out all the skills I did use, there were still some perks I wanted to take in those skills. In order to get more perks points, I had to level up, and in order to level up I would have to level up skills I don't use which would mean grinding to level up those skills.

I'd much rather have a traditional XP system that lets me decide what skills to upgrade and build my character out how I want.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
40. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 05:36 jimnms

We thought this would result in better mods for everyone, both free & paid. We wanted more great mods becoming great products, like Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor, and we wanted that to happen organically for any mod maker who wanted to take a shot at it.

They really don't get it when they say shit like that. Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor were all free mods that happened organically. The developers of those mods weren't motivated by money. They made those mods because they wanted to create something they wanted to play that didn't exist. They were rewarded for creating such popular mods with jobs to create full games based on their mods.

I wonder if the tanking reviews for Skyrim had anything to do with it. Skyrim went from 98% positive to 83% and their Metacritic user score went down to 80% within a day after this announcement.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 27, 2015, 15:27 jimnms

I finally pulled the trigger on a GTX 970. Despite the whole "3.5GB" thing, the benchmarks show very littler performance gain on a 980 to justify the extra $200. I'm still going to build a new system, but the upgrade in GPU will let me coast a little while longer and not rush into it.  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: First paid mod pulled Apr 25, 2015, 04:15 jimnms

I knew something like this was bound to happen. I said in one of my other posts that most mods use ideas and assets of other mods. Most mods are kind of like open source, they allow other modders to use their stuff if credit is given. I'm going to quote myself from another post:
Most mods though are created by mod teams or by individuals building on other mods or ideas of others. If you take a look at Wet and Cold's Nexus page and look at the bottom, the author credits several people. Wet and Cold was created based on another mod called Get Wet which was abandoned. It uses assets from several other mods and was translated into other languages by many other people. For this person to now charge for the mod is like a slap in the face to everyone listed in those credits. I assume the new version of Wet and Cold sold on Steam Workshop must have removed the assets borrowed from the other mods because most of them specifically forbid assets from their mods being used in mods that are sold.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Solitaire Apr 24, 2015, 22:24 jimnms

Pigeon wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:03:
The game itself only plays in a full screen metro-interface, has achievements and the occasional prompt for micro-transactions. At least I can ignore all the prompts to login to Microsoft's crappy apps service.

Micro-transactions in solitaire? Maybe I'm not a greedy accountant/ceo type because I just can't think of a way to add micro-transactions to solitaire.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
58. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 20:47 jimnms

I feel sorry for the poor sap(s) that have the job of approving mods for monetizeation. Just look at the [url=https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850&browsesort=forsale_pendingapproval§ion=readytouseitems&requiredflags[0]=paiditems&browsefilter=forsale_pendingapproval&p=1]Paid Items Under Review Section[/url]. The majority of them are joke items. A few gems worth checking out:

• Steam Main Menu Replacer
  • Literally Nothing
  • Rubbish! Bucket DLC

•  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
    124. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 19:22 jimnms

Medwynd wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 19:24:
    jimnms wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:38:
    Even though it has been a while since I played Skyrim, I just checked out three random mods that I use that appeared in the pay list on Steam. All three of those mods are now pay what you want, with a 99 cent minimum, and are no longer available on the Nexus. It looks like users aren't happy about it either based on the bad ratings and comments being posted.

I only see 19 mods out of 25254 mods for Skyrim on Workshop that are paid mods, all of which I have never heard of or used.

Which ones in particular did you see that were off nexus and now paid on steam? I just updated all my mods for Skyrim on monday so I am all good still.

I was writing that in a bit of a hurry. I meant to say I checked out three random mods on the paid mod list, two of which I use. It turns out I only use one, Wet and Cold. I thought I used iNeeds, I did test it out, but I use Realistic Needs and Diseases instead. Both Wet and Cold and iNeeds are still on Nexus, but they are older unsupported versions. The other mod I looked at was one of the weapon mods. It was probably created just for the launch of paid mods on Steam and never was on Nexus.

If a mod author wants to charge for their mod, it's their right to do so, but this whole thing seems like Valve and Bethesda exploiting modders to me. Valve and Bethesda already profit from mods due to the increased sales of the base game that mods generate. Now they kindly allowing mod creators to charge for their work, but keep 75% for themselves.

Most mods though are created by mod teams or by individuals building on other mods or ideas of others. If you take a look at Wet and Cold's Nexus page and look at the bottom, the author credits several people. Wet and Cold was created based on another mod called Get Wet which was abandoned. It uses assets from several other mods and was translated into other languages by many other people. For this person to now charge for the mod is like a slap in the face to everyone listed in those credits. I assume the new version of Wet and Cold sold on Steam Workshop must have removed the assets borrowed from the other mods because most of them specifically forbid assets from their mods being used in mods that are sold.

MeanJim on Steam

31. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:54 jimnms

Holy crap the internet is exploding over this! They're deleting and disabling comments already and banning people left and right.

I'm wondering who is responsible for this dumb ass idea, Steam, Bethesda or both. I'm betting a deal was made with a lot of the popular mod makers to remove or stop updating their mods on The Nexus. I don't think it's a coincidence considering how many of the pay for mods on Steam are no longer on The Nexus or don't have the latest version.

Someone brought up an interesting point in the forums. A lot of these pay only mods require the use of other mods, like SKSE, MCM, SkyUI, etc. SKSE and SkyUI don't have anything in their permissions that prohibits selling a mod that uses their mods, but then selling mods wasn't possible when they put those out.

Edit: This guy predicted this would happen three years ago.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2015, 16:03.

MeanJim on Steam

16. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 14:38 jimnms

Fuck you Valve! Nexus Mods has had a donate button forever, and I'm OK with that. Steam should have just added a donate button or a pay what you want or not at all model. I don't see any good coming out of this.

I don't use Steam Workshop for mods anyway because of its auto update system. Skyrim is especially sensitive to mod changes. Some mods require you to go through specific steps before updating to a newer version, and I've even seen some mod updates require a new game.

Even though it has been a while since I played Skyrim, I just checked out three random mods that I use that appeared in the pay list on Steam. All three of those mods are now pay what you want, with a 99 cent minimum, and are no longer available on the Nexus. It looks like users aren't happy about it either based on the bad ratings and comments being posted.

If I paid 99 cents for every mod I use right now, it would cost more than I paid for the fucking game at release.

Fuck you Valve! Oh, did I say that already? What do you want to bet that people are going to respond to this by leaving bad reviews for Skyrim.

FUCK YOU VALVE!

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Next Week
    5. Re: Kerbal Space Program Next Week Apr 21, 2015, 20:18 jimnms

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:32:
    Female Kerbals? I blame Sarkeesian.

She didn't have anything to do with it. If anything, she'll probably call KSP misogynistic because you can kill female Kerbals, even though people have been building creative machines to kill Kerbals since the first release.

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:45:
    Other than name, I wasn't aware Kerbals were gender specific...

This is from the official KSP wiki:
    Presently, all incorporated Kerbals seem to be male judging from their masculine names and general appearance. C7— a developer at Squad— has said that, “There were no plans to add female Kerbals,” also noting that they don't have any specific sex in his mind at present. Arguments have been made though, that while no gender has been officially expressed, a clear masculine/male gender bias has been placed on the models. Later in development, though, Maxmaps— a public relations manager— has repeatedly said on Squadcast and in a Reddit AMA that female Kerbals, were in the developmental plan. He dubbed them “Girbles”, although the official term is Kerbal and that Girbles is just like a project name.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
    1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 21, 2015, 20:01 jimnms

Shouldn't the title of that article be: Congress cannot be taken seriously on cybersecurity?  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
    46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 23:08 jimnms

I discovered what was causing my random stuttering. It only occurs when I have it on Self Radio, but it doesn't do it with every song. It seems to be a common problem judging by the results of Googling "GTA 5 Self Radio Stutter." This blows because I don't like any of the built in radio stations. Some of them have a few decent songs mixed in with a lot of crap.  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
    31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 14:28 jimnms

My old first gen i5 750 and GTX 660 run it OK with most settings on high and some on normal. My frame rate during the day is fine, but at night it drops and gets a little stutter to it. Which is odd because that contradicts some of the articles I've read about tweaking the graphics that say performance at night should be better because the game reduces the detail distance at night. Certain weather conditions at dawn/dusk also cause the frame rate to drop too.

I overclocked the CPU to 3.8GHz and it smoothed out, but I still get some seemingly random frame drops every now and then. I think the game might have a memory leak because it only seems to crop up after I've been playing a while.

I've noticed the game never seems to use more than 90% of my CPU, when it was running stock @ 2.66GHz and now overclocked to 3.8GHz. The same goes for the GPU, it only uses 80-90%. I have 12GB of RAM, but it seems like the game only uses about 8GB.

Before committing to a full upgrade I thought I would go ahead and order a new GPU first. I was about to pull the trigger on a GTX 970 last night, but the upgrade gods had a different plan. I was looking at one of the higher overclocked models on Newegg that was $389 marked down to $359 with a coupon code, and Amazon had another one that was only 50GHz slower on sale from $349 to $315. I finally decided to order the cheaper on on Amazon, but then a freak wind storm came out of nowhere and knocked the power out. I have a UPS that gives me 30-40 minutes on battery, but the cable went down with the power.

It was close to bedtime anyway, so I just went to bed. I got up this morning and went straight to the computer to order the GPU, but the one on Amazon was sold out. I went to order the other one from NewEgg, but that deal expired. Furious2

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
    44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 19:33 jimnms

descender wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:44:
    I'm not liking it as much as GTA IV's story

Well, that scares the shit out of me because the story in GTA4 was fucking atrocious. Hey I want money, let's murder people because that's the only skill I have! Fucking awful. Was there more to it and I just missed it? I don't think so. "Hey I just dropped off this crackwhore, let's give her a few bucks... nah... let's give her $1500!". GTA4 was pretty fuckin bad.

Yeah, you missed the entire plot. Niko's cousin lied about how awesome it is in America and his mansion and big business. Niko finally comes to live with him after getting in trouble, but finds out his lying sack of shit cousin has a gambling problem and owes a lot of money to a lot of bad people, and he gets sucked into doing bad shit to pay off his cousin's debt. Then the people Niko was running from catch up with him, and eventually they decide to kill everyone because it's the only way out.

GTA V opens up with you playing Michael and Trevor during a bank robbery from before the events of GTA V. Things go bad, then it moves to present time with a cut scene of Michael whining to his therapist about his wife and kids and how bored he is now that he retired from robbing banks. Then when you get control, you're playing Franklin who eventually meets Michael. I assume they'll run into Trevor soon and start robbing banks again, but I haven't gotten that far.

The stories of GTA games have never been that great anyway, and GTA IV did have a darker more serious plot compared to the previous ones, which I liked. It looks like GTA V is going back to goofy plots, which is OK, because in the end, that's all it's about is killing people and committing crimes to get rich.

MeanJim on Steam

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 19:17 jimnms

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
    @jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

It's not mouse lag, but it's kind of a laggy feeling. It seems like the first person view just moves the camera inside the character's head. It does have iron sights in first person view though. When you turn to look left/right, and the character's head reaches it's turn limit, there's a stuttery, laggy type feeling as he has to rotate his body around before his head can turn more.

There is another thing about it that bothers me in first person view. When you're in first person and you aim the weapon, it zooms in a little and bringing up the iron sights zooms in a little more, but the mouse sensitivity stays the same, which makes it kind of hard aiming. It does it in 3rd person too, but not quite as bad. I'm pretty sure GTA IV decreased the sensitivity when you zoomed/aimed.

MeanJim on Steam

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 13:36 jimnms

I finally got it working yesterday, although after I did I had been up for 22 hours straight, so I went to bed. I played it last night up to a little while after you unlock the 2nd character, then went online.

I gotta say, as for the story mode, so far I'm not liking it as much as GTA IV's story. Does it get better? I'm also not liking the character switching thing. I'd rather load up my game or switch to a character and have him in his house rather than doing some random shit somewhere.

I don't use the defaults keys, and rebinding keys are a little weird. I tried setting it up like I have GTA IV's keys, but there are some retarded restrictions. Sometimes it will let you bind the same key to different functions, like binding E to something in driving and walking, but sometimes it won't even when there is no possible way they will ever conflict. I can't remember which ones they were at the moment, but I remember one or more were submarine keys. I think it wouldn't let me bind a key I set for descend under submarine options to anything else.

Why is there is no crouch? As I went through binding keys, I didn't notice it. Then when I got to the first mission where you get into a gun fight, I was in first person mode and tried to crouch behind a wall and it didn't work.

I don't like 3rd person games, so I was excited about the first person view, but it's awkward. I couldn't tell you what's wrong, something just isn't right with it. It's nice to switch to it while I'm exploring or goofing off, but I find myself having to go back to 3rd person for missions.

The car handling is weird too. GTA IV's cars felt realistic, but GTA V feels more arcade like. You can see it too when driving from 3rd person. Rotate the camera so it's looking straight down, then drive and make slow, sharp turns. The car doesn't pivot where it should. Also, sometimes when sitting still in a car, the car will bounce and/or slide slowly.

Despite all my complaints, this is the best GTA yet. I love how it remembers where you leave cars. My biggest complaint about previous GTA games was you would lose your cars too easy. It was sort of pointless to collect cars because if you took them on a mission, you lose it, or if you were just driving around goofing off and got out and walked too far it would disappear.

I played GTA Online for a few hours, and there is clearly some cheating going on. I saw it during the tutorial part where it makes you play a LTS match. I don't know if everyone gets the same mission, but for me it was pistols only. On the first round, one guy was sniping people blocks away with the pistol. On the second round we got in close, and the same guy was one-shotting everyone. I got the drop on him as he came around a corner and I know I put 3 bullets in him, but he still killed me in one shot.

Is there a manual? I searched, but didn't find one. The tips that pop up in the top left are sometimes useless because they tend to pop up when you're too busy to read them. I was trying to figure out how to find and play with other members of the Blue's Crew, but I couldn't do it. I found what looked like an option to put you on a server with members of your crew, but after it switched me to another server I didn't see any Blue's Crew there. I think I've finished the tutorial part. It said I was free to do missions either by going to them on the map, accepting them on the phone or using the random mission thing from the phone. I did a few of those, but I've got this million bucks from the pre-order and I can't find out how to buy a house or cars or the other things I've seen advertised for GTA Online.

Oh, and is there a way to change your character's appearance in GTA Online without creating a new one? It looks different than what I setup. The skin tone and hair look different, probably due to the lighting in the character creator being different from the real world. I swear I also had a beard, but I don't have it now.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
    64. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 21:14 jimnms

Dacron wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:45:
    jimnms wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:31:
    I can't even start the game. I don't have special characters in my name, and I've tried all the "fixes" except the one where you download a different launcher from some shady Chinese Google drive knockoff site. I bought it from GMG and they won't give refunds after they send you the key. People with non Steam versions and Steam versions are having the same error.

Did you try this? I tried everything (uninstalling anti virus, driver roll backs, interbet fixes) but this did it for me (thanks siapnar)

It bvasically confirms the files you have are good, and lets you redownload ones with errors.

I did that already. Rockstar support finally replied to my support ticket with a copy and paste of this shit. I can't uninstall the Rockstar Social Club, it tells me I have to uninstall ALL Rockstar games first, which means uninstalling GTA IV, EFLC AND GTA V. Fuck that, I just ran the downloaded manual installer for the Social Club. The downloaded version was slightly newer, and the installer seemed to uninstall the old one too. I don't think that has anything to do with it because I'm not even getting to the part where the Social Club launches, it's the damn GTAV Launcher crashing.

It seems like a GPU conflict since a lot of people on notebooks and desktops with onboard graphics and a GPU are having success by disabling the GPU. Starting the game with the GPU disabled seems to let the launcher run without crashing, then enabling the GPU after that lets them run the game. I have a desktop and only the GPU, so that won't work for me.

MeanJim on Steam

2366 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo