Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2157 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
25. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 21, 2014, 09:46 jimnms

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 20:14:
Don't late buyers always get more for less? That's the trade off of being a late buyer - you play it long after everyone else, and when the community is gone and people may no longer be talking about the game, but you get it cheaper.

No, they typically get the same for less. I supported the game at release by buying it (almost) full price with the season pass. The GOTY includes everything from the season pass and more.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
15. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 20:02 jimnms

I think I pre-ordered BL2 and the season pass for less from GMG. I'm a bit pissed that after pre-ordering BL2 and its season pass, late buyers paid less and got more from buying the GOTY. Although I think the only thing I'm missing from the GOTY is the that psycho character that I probably won't play and some cosmetic crap I don't care about, but one is an extra mission thing that I might pick up during the sale.

I'm going to pass on this pre-sequel until the money grab DLC is finished and pick up the complete edition on sale. Maybe by then I'll have gone back and finished BL2.

Steam Profile

News Comments > On Sale
1. Metro Last Light Aug 19, 2014, 19:27 jimnms

Is this worth picking up with the redux coming out soon? It's something I'd only play once, like the original Metro 2033. I'm a bit worried about the redux version since there have been quite a few remakes (redux, enhanced, wtf ever they call them now) of games lately, and I think most of the once I've been interested in turned out to not be worth it. They may have put some nice new shiny bells and whistles on it, but they add bugs as well.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 13, 2014, 00:14 jimnms

The only thing I use the Steam client for is to launch games. I browse the Steam store in my browser (Firefox with Enhanced Steam). I don't understand why the Steam client doesn't support tabs since it does in the browser in the in-game overlay. I would like to see improvements in the in-game overlay, like being able to add bookmarks, global and game specific.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2014, 16:41 jimnms

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 09:47:
A movie chronicling the excavation of one of the most disappointing moments in gaming I had experienced in my lifetime. There is absolutely nothing about the E.T. videogame that is either nostalgic or charming to me. It is definitely the worst game I have ever played, and the source of many WTF moments and frustration when I was a kid.

We had an Atari 2600 when I was a kid, and we also had the E.T. game. I don't remember it being that bad, I actually quite enjoyed it. It wasn't an easy game, and required you to read the manual to know what the symbols on the screen meant, which the locations were randomized each time you played. I actually beat the game. It took a while to do it and gave me quite a bit of satisfaction after having done so.

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 10:54:
I think the fact that they found the old myth of cartridges being buried in the desert to be true is quite interesting, but it's interesting solely as a fact.

I thought that Atari had admitted a long time ago that it had buried the cartridges. The only mystery to the story was the actual location of the burial site.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2014, 23:51 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:09:
I assume it is this Saitek keyboard, they are known for really bad USB programming. To the point where you have to disable certain USB drivers in the hardware settings to get games to function.....

I've never had a problem with mine. I'm currently using a Saitek Cyborg, and also have an Eclipse II on another computer. I also have an old Saitek Gamer's Keyboard (the one that had the programmable keypad) that I use when I need a keyboard on my keyboardless home server/dvr/htpc.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 26, 2014, 12:59 jimnms

Each week we will be releasing a free camo in-game for all players. This will give you more ways to standout on the battlefield.

That really made me LOL.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 22, 2014, 02:38 jimnms

In Chattanooga, Tenn., subscribers of the local government's fiber optic Internet service can get symmetrical speeds of 1 Gbps... for $70 a month.

I want to move to Chattanooga now.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 18, 2014, 07:32 jimnms

I keep backups of everything.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. VirtualBox 4.3.14 adds Blu-ray support for Mac hosts, squashes more bugs. Jul 17, 2014, 22:02 jimnms

...and breaks everything else. I can't get any of my virtual hosts to start, and I'm not alone. There are a lot of angry people posting on their forums right now. They're blaming it on anti-virus software, but I call BS because disabling AV doesn't work and some people are getting the same error and say they're not using AV.  

Steam Profile

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2014, 00:13 jimnms

I guess they should have paid to be in the fast lane.  

Steam Profile

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 23:59 jimnms

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:24:
Google+ kills off “real names” policy.

Huh! A little surprising, considering how much push they put into it...

Wonder if they'll do the same for youtube...I still get prompted to use my "real name" or account name.

Really? I think it asked me for my real name once, when YouTube started requiring Google+, and I just told it I didn't want to use my real name and I haven't been asked since.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 15, 2014, 23:55 jimnms

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 21:41:
I wish they'd get the global chat working, yo.

I thought they disabled it because people were being dicks. I understood having it during the alpha and beta so people could discuss bugs and things, but don't really see the point for a SP game now that it's released.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 15, 2014, 23:53 jimnms

Icewind wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 21:38:
I can't wait for the new recruitable NPCs they are planning. Lar said they were shooting for an October release, where they plan on adding two new party members.

Where did you hear October? Last I heard was when they announced that the AI personalities and companions wouldn't make release and said it would be patched in a few weeks after launch. I'm not going to use the AI personalities, at least on my first game, but I was waiting for the companions before I started. If it really is going to be October, fuck that, I guess I'll start.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 21:35 jimnms

ldonyo wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 10:19:
DLC is why I have stopped buying games anywhere near release. I wait for the 'everything' edition to come out and then I wait for it to go on sale.

DLC is the reason I don't buy games at release anymore. Very few games these days have any replay value, and the last thing I want to do is replay it a few months later with some DLC. I now wait for the finished product and grab it on sale.

I think Borderlands 2 was the last game I bought at release. I loved BL1, I played the crap out of it with two friends. I pre-ordered BL2 with the season pass and one of my friends did the same. For some reason my friend didn't like it and dropped out after a couple of days. I kept playing solo and still had a bit of fun, but it wasn't the same. I did finish it, then played a few of the DLC, but I don't think I finished a single one of them.

I feel a bit cheated for pre-ordering and buying the shitty season pass (this was the first time I ever bought a season pass for a game, and it will be the last time too). Now that the GOTY edition came out, it includes things that I didn't get for giving them more money at release. I'm not missing much though, one of them is just some crappy cosmetic stuff, another is a character I probably won't play, but the other is a mission that I probably would play.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Career Mode & 64-Bit Support Coming
5. Re: Kerbal Space Program Career Mode & 64-Bit Support Coming Jul 15, 2014, 00:43 jimnms

D4rkKnight wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 19:42:
This game hasn't changed much lately. At this rate it will be finished in 5 years or so.

It doesn't need to change, although the time between updates is getting shorter. After 360 hours and I'm still not bored with it. There are plenty of mods to change the game if you want. I'm running a few mods, but only one part mod (Procedural Fairings). Most of the mods I'm running are to make it look better and make it harder.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 23:33 jimnms

D4rkKnight wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 20:34:
I'm holding off on Divinity, they are still adding features to it. Apparently we are getting a henchmen interaction patch next week - I know they will only add more features and fix some of the complaints people have with the UI. I'm going to give it a go in 4-6 months.

The henchmen and the single player AI were planned features they said wouldn't be finished for release and would be patched in within a few weeks. Other than some other languages I don't believe there is any more planned features, so from then on it should be all bug fixes and minor improvements.

I'm waiting for the patch this week that adds those features before I start playing.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 19:27 jimnms

siapnar wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 19:11:
I supported the Divinity kickstarter and now want to play the game. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it over Steam without having to pay for it again.

Maybe I'm just thick, but can someone help?

Login to Larian Vault, click on D:OS Kickstarter, scroll down to find your key.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2014, 10:03 jimnms

nutshell42 wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 06:10:
Then you read the wrong articles. This is all FUD by Google to bully Europe. See e.g. here (I'm sorry I linked to the Register. I'm gonna need a shower

Here is the article I read the other day. It shows the different results you get from the US Google and UK Google searches after the removal requests.

Steam Profile

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 12, 2014, 22:11 jimnms

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 17:11:
So this guy asked for 900k and failed miserably. Now he's asking for 35k?

I watched the first Kickstarter, but I didn't pledge. It sounds great, like Fallout, but a little more serious and realistic. He has written up a lot of detailed back story and interesting things about the game on the forums and the Steam greenlight page, which has me thinking this guy could make a pretty good RPG. However, one thing that has set my warning alarm going off is that after all this time, he has yet to post any new screen shots or footage of the game. It's all the same stuff from the last Kickstarter.

I hope if he gets the funds he needs and shocks everyone with a kick ass game, but I'm still not backing it this time either. There is just too much talk, and not enough to show for it.

Steam Profile

2157 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo