Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8636 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
68. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 11:44 PHJF

The thing is Halo didn't bring fps games forward.

...except it DID move them forward, on the CONSOLE. Yeah, Goldeneye was fun splitscreen with four people. But Halo brought the PC multiplayer FPS experience to the console, and it's why CoD is the megafranchise it is today.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 10:20 PHJF

I don't think the Feds are going to do anything about it. Nobody wants to start another States Rights battle, especially one so large as this would generate. The usual federal-level war on drugs will continue but we aren't going to see anything like a Volstead Act enforcement policy arise in either state.  

134. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 10:13 PHJF

US Federal Spending 2010

"around 70%"??? And note this does NOT include funding for stuff like Homeland Security or the VA.

Medicare and SS serve a practical purpose, for all their flaws. I'm at far greater risk of dying of cancer than of a bullet from a Chinaman (as are you).

130. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 09:29 PHJF

Let's just hope that Obama shows a considerably larger amount of fiscal discretion this time around. With the deficit as out of control as it is some serious restraint in spending is a must in this term.

It's all a drop in the bucket until by some miracle somebody crusades successfully against the defense budget (which I don't think will ever happen).

58. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 09:25 PHJF

Gameplay is king, It ran fine for me, it had great and very innovative gameplay for a FPS

Yeah, people! Thanks to Halo we have regenerating health now! Give some props! (yes, I know Halo had regenerating shields and still had medpacks. Halo is still the progenitor)

The only thing Halo did was introduce online FPS to the consoles. It didn't have to do anything else to be as successful as it was.

128. Weed legalized in Colorado, Washington Nov 7, 2012, 09:12 PHJF

haha:

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," said Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, in a statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don't break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly."

122. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 08:25 PHJF

3 hours later i got to vote.....wtf. it is 2012. Can we get a better fucking system?

Couldn't you just show up in uniform and saunter to the front of the line? "Just uhhhh... checkin for voter fraud, people."

23. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 23:34 PHJF

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 22:37:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 22:07:
The article goes on and on...and I am sitting here thinking to myself: "Damn, that sounds just like Mass Effect! They are just straight up copying it!"

And then you know what I said to my wife?

"I wonder if it will have a better ending?"

Have you never read Ringworld?

Or Rendezvous with Rama?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 3
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:30 PHJF

I don't think this will sell half as well as their marketing for it expects.  

78. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 18:20 PHJF

Does anyone else find it funny how heavily Obama was criticized in '08 for being "an elitest" that the average joe "couldn't drink a beer with", and now the RNC comes back with a pompous millionaire whose religion forbids him from the consumption of alcohol?

Anyone?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 11:05 PHJF

Pray tell, enlighten us with your evidence of 538's apparently obvious bias. The methodology is spelled out in plain English on the site. All the numbers are ordered and explained. Or maybe you just saw "New York Times" and cried liberal because you're incapable of forming an opinion on your own.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 10:42 PHJF

538 was picked up by NYT in 2010. The site has been around since 2008. It's math, it doesn't have a fucking bias.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 10:27 PHJF

538 has Obama at 90% to win Ohio, despite major media endlessly clamoring to the contrary. Really, something needs to be done about the state of news in this country. Shit is beyond ridiculous.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 5, 2012, 23:29 PHJF

Maybe the takeaway lesson is girls/women should play a better game than Halo. Natural Selection players (like myself!) are a far classier breed.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Skyrim’s ‘Far Horizons’ played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra Nov 5, 2012, 14:15 PHJF

Skip that piece of shit IGN crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOzk_56gZk0

News Comments > F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year
32. Re: F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year Nov 5, 2012, 12:55 PHJF

Which still doesn't change the fact that the late nineties/early oughts were essentially a golden era, especially as far as story telling goes. RPGs were lightyears better, shooters were more inventive/fun (especially because of the ease/popularity of modding), there were a ton of good strategy games, we still had space sims, there were more/better platformers (there were like a million Ratchet and Clanks on PS2, and we still only have 2 plus that stupid multiplayer one on PS3). We are in the heyday of generic shooters and generic action games. Borderlands may be fun, but it's empty pleasure and not something I'll look fondly back at ten years from now (if Borderlands is what I'm reminiscing of ten years from now I'll hang myself in despair).  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2012, 12:44 PHJF

What I do is just find a bunch of models I want to evaluate then go to a local shop where they usually have an actual dark room and somewhat realistic viewing setups.

Well to be fair Best Buy used to have a dark room. I don't think anyone ever used it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2012, 10:53 PHJF

Sharp's PQ tends to be lower, and I'm firmly in the camp that the 4 color technology is complete bunk.

Yup. Well not necessarily PQ, but the color thing was a load of BS.

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target
13. Re: sad really... Nov 5, 2012, 10:50 PHJF

Because mechs are cool and they open up new/interesting level designs... that the Hawken team failed totally to take advantage of. Maps are just stupid killboxes with no strategic layout.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2012, 09:00 PHJF

the War on Terrorism is over

Where the hell did you hear that???

8636 Comments. 432 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo