Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8840 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 30, 2014, 10:22 PHJF

I was under the impression the orcs were bred to be mindless soldiers of Mordor. Goblins, on the other hand, seem open to free thinking.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
15. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 21:06 PHJF

Greenish wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:17:
So I don't get the hate for Titanfall here, is it because it's Xbox One/PC exclusive?

Origin, here. I'd love to play the game.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 20:04 PHJF

Speaking to the less hand holding, I think a big reason Dark Souls is popular is simply its difficulty. I've been playing DS2 again, completely solo this time, and dying 10 or so times before finally being able to beat some of the bosses. The subsequent feeling of relief/accomplishment is just wholly absent from every other game, and yet games of the NES era thrived on it. I can go back to Mega Man or Castlevania and they will *still* kick my ass, after all these years.  

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Aug 28, 2014, 13:59 PHJF

No I actually like glasses, but I need better vision for work.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 12:18 PHJF

Krovven wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:09:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:31:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:25:
  • 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor
  • Umm...yeah, saw this on the local news last night. Sooo is there any lesson to be learned here about letting a 9-year-old fire an UZI? Well of course. The instructor should have started her out with something like maybe just a 50 cal Desert Eagle, just for learning purposes THEN move her over to something like a fully automatic AK 47 THEN finally teach the 9 year old child how to control a fully automatic UZI. I believe the hand grenade and rocket launcher handling was supposed to be at the end of the day...

THIS is the ideal gun for newbies, especially little kids.

Anyway, I have zero sympathy for the guy (I do feel sorry for the girl, though.) DON'T LET CHILDREN FUCKING FIRE FULL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.

Pretty fucked up that kids as young as 8 can legally use firearms. They can't drive until they are 16, drink until they are 21...but hey let's put a full auto Uzi in their hands and see what happens. Fucked up society.

Well there is an obvious order to this system. First you master firing your weapon, THEN you master firing while driving your vehicle, THEN you master firing while driving your vehicle while drunk off your ass. If you don't embed drive-by-shooting skills deep into muscle memory then they'll all go out the window as soon as you add alcohol to the mix.

News Comments > Into the Black
    12. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2014, 09:28 PHJF

Hey I'm having Lasik tomorrow, where's my outpouring of support??? I'm going to have to use eye drops for months! MONTHS!  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
    22. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 09:27 PHJF

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 09:17:
    The console versions being offline and supporting trading is a real kick in the teeth to PC users, not sure why they haven't backported those changes. Duping isn't a real concern anymore thanks to them tightening up the netcode and there is no more open battle.net to worry about.

There really is no excuse at this point other than laziness on Blizzard's part. Maybe they don't want to open up modding/player-run servers.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
    7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 14:45 PHJF

Playing again on PC after a couple runs months ago on PS3. Got an ENB filter going and shit the game looks and runs 10x better. Now if only I could squash the semi-frequent CTDs I get when warping to bonfires...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 11:31 PHJF

Can't believe your coop sessions have only now gotten to L4D2. What the hell were you playing besides Borderlands?  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
    1. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 11:29 PHJF

About fucking time. I guess my assumption this would launch with RoS Console was pretty damn close, and was probably their original plan.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
    23. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 22:15 PHJF

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 20:03:
    HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:52:
    eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:39:
    My first impression is gonna decide everything (for me) with this tech.

One shot? I'll treat it like anything else, yes it has to be good, if it isn't but then something else is or it is improved, so be it. Good enough for me.

Well, it really depends on whether it's 100% immersive or not.. of course I am not going to discount the entire tech, but besides OR there isn't really a lot of comparable hardware coming. So if this fails it's not gonna be something I would be very happy about when I would buy the CV1.. maybe I should wait for the revision of that? Sigh... can't decide.

I hope I can test it somewhere close-by

http://avegant.com/

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
    23. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 21, 2014, 06:31 PHJF

Gipson wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 04:55:
    Will buy it when its $5. Maybe. Pretty much had enough with this series.

As much fun as I've had with BL2, I concur. I expect bigger improvements than lower gravity for a third outing.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2014, 22:19 PHJF

You seriously comparing seating people at a restaurant to medical care? It takes five, ten minutes to cook a steak. Want to tell me how long to detect and then tell somebody they have cancer?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club
    4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club Aug 19, 2014, 18:37 PHJF

Sounds like shit judging from the forum chatter.

Shame. I like golf.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2014, 09:42 PHJF

I guess it was foolish of me thinking Blizzard was going to roll out 2.1.0 with the console release.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
    4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2014, 22:19 PHJF

Anything in "plain view" is admissible, as long as the officer was in the house either with a search warrant or with the occupant's express permission. And plain view means just that, that the item in question was found without tossing mattresses or pulling drawers out.

An officer on an emergency call to a house is allowed a "protective sweep" to check for persons in danger or that may pose a danger, but again, the officer is allowed to look for people, not go turning over every stone.

Since they were evidently using a dog in this case, they'd most definitely have needed a warrant or permission.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
    45. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 20:06 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 18:32:
    Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:12:
    Vid cards were a necessity that were bound to happen sooner rather than later anyway, and people need phones so that's par for the course. Apart from practical applications in science/medicine/military with VR most people aren't going to want to strap a TV to their face. They don't even want to wear 3D glasses and they're a lot less cumbersome. VR for entertainment value will remain niche until they can make them no bigger than a pair of sunglasses or contacts. I really don't see it happening until people can jack in ala Neuromancer/Snow Crash.

Right, I pretty much agree. I think this will be somewhat popular niche, but still niche. And unlike phones and graphic accelerators, I don't see a path for this to go mainstream. We're a few decades from a pair of 50 gram glasses that can project images right to your retinas.

Why does it have to be wearable? Maybe somebody can make something worthwhile out of Kinect by combining eye tracking with discreet projection (Virtual Retinal Display) straight to the user(s). Avegant is already using VRD, but it is still reliant on headgear.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 09:43 PHJF

I tried about ten minutes of Risen 3.

It stinks.

News Comments > Design TF2 Merchandise, Profit
    3. Re: Design TF2 Merchandise, Profit Aug 15, 2014, 22:07 PHJF

They are crowdsourcing apparel design and you're bitching?

And for all the flak TF2's optimized ascetic cranial ensconcing gets, it's there because of community support. Hats were a gimmick to accompany new weapon patches ages ago, and players overwhelmingly approved of them.

News Comments > Gwent: Witcher 3's Embedded Card Game
    4. Re: Gwent: Witcher 3's Embedded Card Game Aug 15, 2014, 17:46 PHJF

ldonyo wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 16:48:
    Sounds like a Witcher version of Magic the Gathering, which sounds more fun than the drinking game in the first Witcher.

Or dice.

8840 Comments. 442 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo