Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8804 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 17:44 PHJF

DOS is a top notch RPG that deserves the success it is receiving.

It's a pretty good RPG whose success can be largely attributed to its filling a gaping whole in recent video gaming.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 19:58 PHJF

nin wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:03:
Just got back from Guardians and have to say I'm pretty impressed. Heck of a first outing. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Complete opposite. The humor was juvenile, the plot beyond paper thin, and the action was... your typical CGI sploogefest.

Critics are getting way way wayyyyyy too complacent with Marvel movies.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 10:10 PHJF

I think it would be fun to try that again, but on Monday I think we'll end up playing something with a little more action.

Like, say, Payday 2?

Anyways it sounds like the game you are envisioning is Monaco.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 07:59 PHJF

Now I see this shit again. All the flashy shit remind me of MMOs, which I definitely don't want to be reminder of when playing a singleplayer game. And what's with the tactical view, really?! When I move my mouse, I don't expect the entire world to move instead of my cursor. What crazy dude decided to make the cursor some sort of unmovable centerpiece while we drag the camera around like we're in a freaking hovercraft!?

Well if those little UI labels were any indication I'd say this was console footage...

Having not followed this game at all, this looks pretty good.

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
1. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 09:28 PHJF

Are we crazy? Are we doing it wrong? Should every person in the company be working on the same thing? Should HBO make one TV show at a time? Should Warner Brothers make one movie at a time?

I'm just gonna stop there at the guy comparing his podunk studio to the most highly lauded TV network and a film studio that's been around for a century.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 27, 2014, 23:43 PHJF

Fantastic combat system? Non-mage classes stop gaining new skills after 13-15, and what few skills they have are either useless or redundant.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 12:14 PHJF

Wow I had no idea it was also a last-gen game. I figured Destiny was supposed to be a poster child for the new hardware. But it looks like I'm not playing the beta anyways.

The only requirement will be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription, depending upon your console of choice.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 10:19 PHJF

Can you guys shut up about Destiny? I don't want to buy a console with only one worthwhile game on it, however crack cocaine-like its euphoric potential may be.  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 15:14 PHJF

Men will ALWAYS dominate this planet, unless a woman creates an army strong enough to defeat man altogether (and unless there's some kind of sex wars that started and I haven't heard about it then that's probably never going to happen).

Don't be so dramatic. The current upper echelon is still mostly comprised of or immediately descended from rich, white, conservative men. They're going to die off and be replaced by men whose only experience with gross misogyny comes from watching Mad Men. I highly doubt the new breed will be half as resentful or hostile toward women coworkers and employees.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2014, 15:04 PHJF

Or maybe real bowling is too fucking expensive, like it is around here. Summers during high school I would head over to the local alley (just ten lanes) where they charged either $1/game or $5/hour/lane during the afternoon.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 PHJF

Most missions are impossible to perform cleanly, let alone on a regular basis.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2014, 22:40 PHJF

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 21:16:
Since episodes were so front-loaded, it meant the first episode had to cover both the upfront rendering costs and help fund the development of future episodes. If the first episode failed to bring in enough to cover both of those aspects, the game could fizzle altogether. Sin Episodes notably suffered this fate, leaving customers who were invested in the early episodes out in the cold.

Episodes? There was one. I was a big fan of Sin, it had a lot of great features for the time period. The shooting was visceral and the location damage was great. I bought the first episode and then waited months until they admitted they weren't making any more.

Also: Polygon - Do they publish anything that isn't ridiculous click bait? I refuse to check them out just based on the stupid articles that always get linked here.

Don't forget the bewbs.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 19, 2014, 12:57 PHJF

Asus Sabretooth  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 14:46 PHJF

The last motherboard I bought came with a detachable dongle for the case connections. Very handy in a "why didn't they think of this fifteen years ago" sort of way.  

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
13. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 13:39 PHJF

Ramalandi's gift should help that, but the real issue is 1 weapon socket vs 2 weapon sockets.

Except half of classes cannot use two weapons; it's one weapon socket versus one weapon socket and one (far worse) utility socket. Adding a second weapon socket would just push the balance too far away from one handers for wizard, witch, and sader. The PROBLEM is in having a SINGLE gem mandatory for all weapons and the persistent over-usefulness of %Crit/%CritDmg.

The game is fun, sure, but patches like the upcoming 2.1 highlight how unarguably flawed the game was and continues to be at a fundamental design level.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 11:25 PHJF

The only bad thing about building my PC is that my (now ancient) Antec 900 case is just too damn small for the latest components. It was never that spacious to begin with, but installing anything now is like trying to pack an elephant into a Porsche, and I'm too cheap to get a new case when this one still does the job.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 12:29 PHJF

Armchair scientist strikes again!

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

Low-mineral
water markedly: 1.) increased diuresis (almost by 20%, on average), body water volume, and
serum sodium concentrations, 2.) decreased serum potassium concentration, and 3.) increased the
elimination of sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and magnesium ions from the body.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 08:37 PHJF

Except for the boss fight, the whole first area was pretty easy for me. Jahar has ice elemental now, and one of my PCs can call either spider or fire elemental. It seems enemies prefer targeting whatever is closest (which is usually my summons) rather than actually doing something intelligent like, say, filling my poor mage's face with arrows.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 12:45 PHJF

Developers that work their asses off for two years solid probably don't come into the the office release day saying, "Well, let's get some quality DLC out ASAP!" So the DLC is left to a third party who either can't match the quality or consistency of the initial product.  

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 08:00 PHJF

I wouldn't recommend Divinity II. While not bad per se, it is fairly repetitive and uninspired. Dungeons are the worst kind of awful, the castle attack missions are tedious after the first, and combat is very bland. The game lacks the charm of its predecessor and instead charts a course for the mainstream.

Beyond Divinity is an atrocious game best forgotten.

8804 Comments. 441 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo