Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8636 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record
1. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 12, 2012, 22:21 PHJF

Amazing what marking a game down early ("devaluing the IP") can do for sales.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
26. Re: SimCity Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 19:52 PHJF

What kind of SC4 mods are there? I played a ton of it unmodded. Game to this day runs like dirt in dense cities.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 11:08 PHJF

Don't say that, I've only watched the first two episodes! Why do you crush my dreams???  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold
5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold Dec 12, 2012, 10:38 PHJF

Because they spent a fortune (in time if nothing else) in getting ShoC out the door, and the game was never going to be a blockbuster to begin with. The bugs didn't help.

Fantastic games, though (except CS). I don't see where all the hate on CoP came from when it was probably my favorite. ShoC had such a rocky launch and a lot of cut corners about it while CoP smoothed over plenty of the rough game design points and introduced some fun new zones (way better than those of CS).

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 10:32 PHJF

Now that another Boardwalk season has ended, I've finally started in on Newsroom. I have to wonder what Sorkin was (and still is) ever doing writing for television, a medium with a long and sordid history of poor writing, when he is so clearly talented.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Dec 11, 2012, 20:18 PHJF

There is a serious lack of strategic depth, especially for the alien com who is basically on autopilot the whole game (and to the detriment of the gorge who used to be a very fun/awkward class, but is boring as fuck in NS2). They have serious work cut out for them in patching, not the least of which is the (awful, awful, awful) engine. There aren't nearly enough maps and they have little difference from one to the next. Tram/Summit/Docking are pretty much indiscernible from one to the next, refinery is a complete joke, making mineshaft the only mentionable map in existence... and all the maps have balance issues.

Whatever, for all its problems I played the shit out of it for a few weeks. Got my $25 worth. Maybe once their post release cooldown wears off they will get serious about new content and patching.

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 on Steam
45. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 11, 2012, 18:35 PHJF

I'm trying to get this shit from my bogus account for a friend... facebook is like fucking ddosed or some shit and after clicking "like" on that stupid page nothing happens.

[edit] ok apparently it was fucking firefox fucking it up. iexplore worked straight away.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2012, 18:40.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2012, 15:41 PHJF

You fool, everybody knows the Mayans used GMT.  

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 on Steam
36. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 11, 2012, 15:40 PHJF

I didn't have stuttering in Metro (with the graphics taken down a few notches), but the whole game felt sluggish. It felt like a major effort to successfully shoot at and hit anything.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 11, 2012, 10:45 PHJF

Put my quickfire tk through the ringer with a few hours of CSGO last night. Did very well, I must say (well, fps is more of a mouse thing anyways...).

I can't hear the keys at all with my headphones on and AK47's blaring so the Cherry Blues aren't an issue at all in that regard. The clicking is pleasantly retro when typing shit like this, too

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Dec 11, 2012, 10:38 PHJF

Pretty much.  

14. Re: Eddie Murphy Dec 10, 2012, 15:33 PHJF

CM Storm QuickFire TK (blue)

I would have gotten reds but blue was all Amazon had.

8. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Dec 10, 2012, 14:08 PHJF

woot, my awesome (very very noisy) new keyboard is here... 2/3 the size of my old Logitech and twice as heavy.

Is it weird to be as excited as I am over a new computer keyboard?

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
62. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 11:37 PHJF

What consumer is Valve aiming for exactly and are those consumers numerous?

The millions already on Steam who (probably) game on capable desktops who still wouldn't mind gaming on a TV in the living room. Yeah there is nothing stopping anyone from making a HTPC and using that, but there's nothing stopping Valve from trying it themselves, either. They are flush. It all depends on price and specs.

And maybe a device like this would allow simultaneous access to a single Steam account across multiple devices? Prez could play Snuggle Truck on his PC while his kids play his other 1700 games in the living room.

News Comments > Medieval CryENGINE 3 Footage
1. Re: Medieval CryENGINE 3 Footage Dec 10, 2012, 10:34 PHJF

Chivalry 2!  

News Comments > Dark Souls II Announcement
12. Re: Dark Souls II Announcement Dec 10, 2012, 10:33 PHJF

They are rarely unfair, it's usually a question of changing your approach and there are often several different ways to tackle a situation.

Oh come on. One of the very first encounters has rats with poison bites hiding just around a corner and right next to a death-drop ledge. Or how about skeleton wheels, which if they hit you are basically instant death? The poison dart enemies who attack FROM BEYOND THE PLAYER'S VISION? The endlessly respawning mosquitoes in the swamp?

The game IS unfair. That's the point.

60. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 10:24 PHJF

And nothing about this makes me think Valve is developing a locked-down console equivalent.

Newell said he's expecting a lot of different companies to release these types of packages—"We'll do it but we also think other people will as well,"

It sounds like Valve is making an Apple TV or Slingbox-like device, or rather a more robust version of the same theme. A media device explicitly for Steam, and Gaben wants other companies' devices to feature "Steam compatible" on the box same as current devices market themselves as "Netflix and Hulu-ready". And really as more people migrate their home computer usage to tablets, a device like this is pretty much necessary (then again, many people already have consoles doing just this). You can't readily use a tablet as a living room media center.

But the problem is where to draw the line between Steam box and PC, and how Valve can manage to get the hardware required for sufficiently smooth gaming while keeping cost down.

Actually now that I think about it, this would be a fine opportunity for a cooperative effort with AMD. AMD's Trinity just released and is the first realistically capable CPU/GPU chipset. While it obviously doesn't compete with discreet graphics, it blows Intel's integrated GPU out of the water.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 10, 2012, 09:28 PHJF

The best weapons in Far Cry 3 are Signature Weapons which are unlocked after specific numbers of missions/radio towers/outposts captured/etc.

Also, more weapons are unlocked upon reaching the second island.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 9, 2012, 23:08 PHJF

You played Borderlands 2 without your children?

What kind of a father are you?

44. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 20:33 PHJF

Price/Specs or GTFO...  

8636 Comments. 432 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo