Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8950 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 14:23 PHJF

Of course they will. It's still illegal just about everywhere, and plenty of American's don't like breaking federal laws.

Oh yeah and all those high school kids getting drunk at weekend parties are all SO TERRIFIED of upsetting law men.

Newsflash, any normal high school experience involves some opportunity to smoke weed.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 11:58 PHJF

Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences

Patterns in progression of drug use from adolescence to adulthood are strikingly regular. Because it is the most widely used illicit drug, marijuana is predictably the first illicit drug most people encounter. Not surprisingly, most users of other illicit drugs have used marijuana first. In fact, most drug users begin with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana — usually before they are of legal age.

In the sense that marijuana use typically precedes rather than follows initiation of other illicit drug use, it is indeed a “gateway” drug. But because underage smoking and alcohol use typically precede marijuana use, marijuana is not the most common, and is rarely the first, “gateway” to illicit drug use. There is no conclusive evidence that the drug effects of marijuana are causally linked to the subsequent abuse of other illicit drugs.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 11:12 PHJF

No more people will use weed when (and it is WHEN) it is legalized than use it now. It's so socially acceptable and the negative effects are so minimal when compared to a) actually serious controlled substances and b) alcohol that anyone who wants to use weed already does. The absurdly aggressive enforcement against marijuana users (there are more arrests for possession of weed than arrests for violent crime) is a huge, pointless drain on law enforcement resources.  

10. Re: Science Fiction... Apr 28, 2013, 17:54 PHJF

Prince of Nothing really has improved quite a bit now that I know what the fuck is going on. Good characters, sprawling story, and Bakker writes well (I liked The First Law, but the writing was pretty elementary).  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:56 PHJF

I'm trying an FXAA/SMAA injector for Riptide (it looks pretty fugly without one) but it isn't going so hot. Somebody have a good injector/settings for it?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Reddit Apr 27, 2013, 22:07 PHJF

Nobody saw this?

http://videosift.com/video/Charlie-Brooker-on-Boston-Bombing-News-Coverage

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 26, 2013, 20:20 PHJF

Tomb Raider $20 already?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 24, 2013, 22:01 PHJF

My god, it's the essence of the 80s distilled to its purest conceivable form...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuDwNysX-A

And if you preorder on Steam you get the OST.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 22:10.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2013, 21:01 PHJF

This all comes back to I'd love to know why he confessed.

Because it was going to come out anyways, and it looked better coming out on his terms on Oprah than it otherwise would have.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 17:46 PHJF

heh, makes me feel even better having bought the game (sans the mutilated tits option) last night.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 22:18 PHJF

One thing I want to mention...many reviews state that weapons don't decay as fast as they did in the first game. Personally that hasnt been my experience. Seems to be exactly the same. However you start at lvl 15 with skill points to place, or import an existing DI character that has most/all their points already assigned. This gives the illusion of the weapons having better durability depending on how you allocate those points.

I never had a real problem with the decay rate except on brass knuckle weapons where it seemed they'd break after every other encounter.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 20:26 PHJF

Fuck it, I'll bite at $32. Got plenty of joy from romping around Banoi time and again. TB was having a good time with it  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 23, 2013, 19:58 PHJF

Trying to get the dumbass Microsoft Sync to play the artist/track I just told it to in the clearest fucking voice imaginable is probably more dangerous than texting while driving.  

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
14. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 19:07 PHJF

That's another thing, the ending of the game doesn't explain a fucking thing. There was a big fuss about how it had a hidden "real" ending that you could only get by a) playing through the game more than once and b) doing certain quests in exactly the right way. I don't even know if that was true or not.  

11. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 18:06 PHJF

(made up) languages sound like

That would be it, it sounded Russian. And French being a Romance language one would think the writing would have been more smoothly translated to English. Then again, maybe the dev just has horrible writers.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2013, 18:03 PHJF

It was a Rob Zombie movie, of course it was terrible. And knowingly making and admitting a movie is terrible doesn't make it any less terrible. I caught Place Beyond the Pines and "ambitious to a fault" was a pretty accurate way of describing it.  

9. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 17:55 PHJF

The "story" they were going for is COMPLETELY impenetrable, in no small part because it's loaded with from-Russian text and there aren't any "characters" to speak of. There's no explanation as to who or what anything is or why they are doing whatever it is they are doing.

The game itself is a pretty bland FPS action/RPG. You run around mindless, confusing maps killing legions of mindless, endless enemies. It can be reasonably fun for a spell if you can somehow sink your teeth into it (which I managed to do when it released).

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2013, 20:34 PHJF

There's a new player character.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2013, 13:17 PHJF

So if Riptide is largely identical to its predecessor why the FUCK did it take so long to develop?

I loved DI and got more than my value from it, but Riptide isn't looking good. Too little, too late, and for $40.

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
13. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 12:53 PHJF

Ready Player One!  

8950 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo