Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8749 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 3 Preorders Soar
4. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 15, 2013, 22:46 PHJF

Considering Amazon is giving $20 credit AND Crysis 1 for preordering Crysis 3...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2013, 19:38 PHJF

Guess I'm the only person still using bookmarks????  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 3 Patched
5. Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched Feb 15, 2013, 11:23 PHJF

Assassin's Creed 2 is light years better than Assassin's Creed.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2013, 10:57 PHJF

Man I never had a problem with cold weather before but this winter is killing me. Skin is all dried up and my eyes are constantly sore.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 14, 2013, 17:54 PHJF

I played FFXII on PCSX2 before I even owned a PS2. Though the emulator was basically WRITTEN to run THAT GAME as near to perfectly as possible, so YMMV.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2013, 19:45 PHJF

Heck, that's almost exactly what it was for the PS3 - in order to have backwards compatibility they basically had to put an entire PS2 inside the PS3.

Or do it with software like the myriad emulators available on PC do. If a bunch of internet nobodies can turn my PC into a PS2 and a Wii I'm sure Sony and Nintendo could pull off something similar...

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2013, 18:52 PHJF

Perhaps it's more accurate to say that gameplay SHOULD trump everything else, because isn't that why we play games?

That's funny because I don't see too many genuinely unique games coming out these days. We have all these games that not only play roughly identically but also present the kind of writing any third grader could muster. Presentation is king.

Yeah, "back in the day" the thing I would remember most about any given game, when all was said and done, was the the gameplay. But games have moved well beyond Pong. Cheap entertainment like that is cultural junk food and ultimately isn't going to make a lasting impression on people. It takes a story with colorful, real, memorable characters to pull that off. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Portal? I'm willing to bet a lot of people, myself included, think of GLaDOS. If Portal were just about portals, would it still be fun? Yeah, sure. But it wouldn't have made a fraction of the impact it had on the community without its quirky writers.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 12, 2013, 20:38 PHJF

Kind of a short article, but very true. It's high time some qualified writers are brought into video games and their plots and characters are given more than a passing thought.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2013, 19:10 PHJF

I know plenty of people that thought Season 2 was entertaining.

Plenty of people are fucking morons. See Identify Thief pulling $35 million this past weekend while Side Effects pulled $9 million.

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
38. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 19:01 PHJF

God forbid you just make the fucking game for the PC and port it over to a CONSOLE for a change.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 15:29 PHJF

I just bought a Skagen but three days ago, actually. More for looks than functionality. That being said, the last time I wore something possessing no function at all I was in middle school.

And I'm sure Apple is "experimenting" with quite a lot of things. One doesn't get where they are by resting on one's laurels.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2013, 21:58 PHJF

I use a debit card for almost everything, except there is a shitty local grocery chain which only takes cash, check, or discover. Fucking barbarians. If certain things weren't so much cheaper there I'd burn the establishment to the ground.

The "lower class" (a heavily populated group) of Americans have a mistrust of banks or are too lazy/indifferent to use them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 14:12 PHJF

Drayth wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 13:04:
According to my calculations, everyone in the world now owns Skyrim and ARMA II and are now buying their second set of copies...

Neat trick performing calculations when you don't have any sales numbers at all. Oh look, the new games and the games on sale sold more copies than some other games. Stop the press.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
33. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 10:52 PHJF

Pray tell, what was "dumbed down" about Wolfenstein (offline, I know it sucked online)? I wasn't aware even that RtCW was such an apparently revolutionary experience back in its day.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2013, 09:37 PHJF

But you hate everything so there's nothing new there.

And for the record? Golfing is fun. It's basically the only activity my father and I can agree to do together.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
7. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:22 PHJF

nin wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 15:48:
Hope it's better than the last one.

So do I because it was great!

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
55. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 20:17 PHJF

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 19:21:
I'm just going to crank up Aliens on blu tonight.

I have the fuckin quadrilogy box set with like 5000 discs on DVD so I can't really justify a move to BRD...

News Comments > Ubisoft Results: AC3 Sells > 12 Million Units; New AC Coming
19. Re: Ubisoft Results: AC3 Sells > 12 Million Units; New AC Coming Feb 8, 2013, 20:08 PHJF

And once I got the hidden blade, knife, and tomahawk, I rarely used any other weapons in the game.

Then you missed out. The two-handed axes were hilariously effective and particularly vicious.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 09:53 PHJF

I don't mind snow and I don't mind rain, but having both at the same time is fuckin shit. Ohio sucks!  

News Comments > Ubisoft Results: AC3 Sells > 12 Million Units; New AC Coming
17. Re: Ubisoft Results: AC3 Sells > 12 Million Units; New AC Coming Feb 8, 2013, 09:20 PHJF

I loved AC3 for the setting; the whole colonial thing was just a total breath of fresh air. I had fun for hours just wandering around The Frontier pouncing on elk and bobcats. The story was well presented and well paced. That being said, it did run pretty terribly on PS3. I understand the argument that AC3 should have had more assassinations, but I'm glad they took the game in a new direction. The story as presented didn't leave a lot of room for Conner to run around "assassinating" people willy nilly. There were very clear, well-defined antagonists.  

8749 Comments. 438 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo