Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8637 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in March?
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Jan 1, 2013, 12:09 PHJF

As you all probably know - I will buy it on console, then if it ever comes out on PC, I will buy on that too. I wish the would treat us better, but the larger base is the console. Lowest common denominator....

I dunno, AC3 runs like shit on my PS3. Not game-breakingly bad like Dark Souls, but low framerates in straight-up action games like sCreed and GTA are deal breakers. Red Dead at least avoided the issue altogether by being set in a barren desert.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 18:59 PHJF

I raided my brother-in-law's fridge for their Mike's Hard Raspberry over xmas. Beer is so gross, and that stupid GLBC Christmas Ale everybody is guzzling presently is no exception.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 13:23 PHJF

Well I've been patiently waiting for Sacred 2 to drop to $5-7.50

How hard can it be to discount a game from a boarded-up developer???

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 13:21 PHJF

Ever the optimist!

Well I saw dota2 came up on sale just now and clicked it and Steam says "you already own this" (though it wasn't in my library) so what the hell, I guess I'll see what all the fuss has been about.

[edit]

OK apparently this is a "spectator only" client. I guess steam isn't wired for "free to play" games that aren't "free to play" (or games that have been in beta since the dawn of time).

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2012, 13:46.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 13:16 PHJF

Maybe before having such a long sale Valve should have checked they had enough content for it. If I didn't buy Chivalry the past 20 times this week it's been on sale I probably won't buy it now.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 28, 2012, 06:08 PHJF

Dammit this is all of six bucks right now but there's too much negativity surrounding it...  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art
3. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Dec 26, 2012, 12:54 PHJF

The style doesn't suit the game at all but at least it isn't the horrible other shit.  

News Comments > Christmas Metaverse
13. Re: Christmas Metaverse Dec 25, 2012, 17:41 PHJF

My downloads from Columbus, OH went from the normal 1.5-2MB/s to 700KB/s. I don't know if I'd call that a serious issue on Valve's end.

Anyways, during the big download times it's good to set Steam to some crazy server like South Africa or South Korea.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 08:00 PHJF

I had to pick up brother from airport (which is 40 minutes away without any traffic) at midnight so today we can drive to my sister's (which is two hours forty five minutes away without any traffic). My stupidass internal clock responds by waking me up at 7:30.

And I picked up my uncle from the same airport eight hours prior to my brother. Fucking holidays, man!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 14:15 PHJF

All right here is what I've assembled in my current "to read" collection:

The First Law - Joe Abercrombie (three books)
The Prince of Nothing - R. Scott Bakker (three books)
Tales of the Dying Earth - Jack Vance (four books)
Lord of Light - Roger Zelazny
The Great Book of Amber - Roger Zelazny (ten books)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 23, 2012, 12:52 PHJF

It'll likely be on sale here sometime during the next few days.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 09:38 PHJF

I was about 1.5 miles from the beach in NC for summer and I'd gladly endure Cleveland winter in place of that. Constantly maxed humidity and 90-100 temps. Running outside in that day after day was a bloody nightmare.

I never got over how Dexter et al are always running around Miami and NEVER do I see anyone sweating. Hollywood magic!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sacred 2 Gold Dec 22, 2012, 14:45 PHJF

DRM-laced, bug-ridden mess of a 20GB game. It would have taken considerable patching to make it proper.  

News Comments > Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg
24. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 13:52 PHJF

ASeven wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 13:34:
SirKnight wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 13:18:
SimCity 4 Deluxe edition is $5 on steam right now. Worth it?

IMO best SimCity title ever. Even better with mods.

Except large cities run like fuckin shit. Supposedly there was some fanpatch to fix this? And Rush Hour was pretty bad.

17. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 13:29 PHJF

I'm not worried about MY connection. EA is the last fucking company on the PLANET to get the benefit of the doubt. I'm fairly confident Valve isn't going to fuck with me when I buy a Steamworks game, which is why Steamworks is the only online DRM scheme I subscribe to.  

11. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 12:59 PHJF

the game will sell well and soon after it's release the whole thing will be forgotten.

Who do you think is going to buy it? This isn't The Sims crowd who lap up shit. SimCity fans are older, hardcore fucks like me who have no trouble playing SC2K even now (though I prefer 3K because the awful music in 2K just grates on me).

This is the same bullshit as day one DLC: everyone hates the idea of it but publishers keep doing it because it sells really well.

You don't know that. DLC doesn't have to sell well at all to break even. Obviously the amount of work involved in a full-fledged product far outweighs the trivial amount required for DLC, hence its ubiquity.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2012, 12:43 PHJF

How are landline broadband caps such a red flag when the entire cellphone industry is based around data caps? Is wireless data really so much more precious than wired?  

38. Re: Tech Question of the Night Dec 22, 2012, 10:51 PHJF

Even with 4 gigs of ram something about the 32bit doesn't like to use all of it and was causing issues with Skyrim and Rage.

It's 4GB of total memory. Because of memory mapped I/O, a large chunk of your 4GB is going to be gobbled up by VRAM.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 10:44 PHJF

Why isn't the Mechwarrior franchise on Steam or GOG? I can't find it anywhere (although I DL'd MW4: Mercenaries for free)

Probably has something to do with licensing. There is a real quagmire surrounding BattleTech.

22. Re: just so you know Dec 21, 2012, 13:46 PHJF

Man, somebody should have warned me of the pitfalls in losing a ton of weight. Virtually everything I own has become comically oversized. Well, at least my shoes still fit.  

8637 Comments. 432 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo