Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8949 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > What is Payday 2? Trailer Explains
4. Re: What is Payday 2? Trailer Explains Jul 10, 2013, 11:55 PHJF

Looks like fun but I wonder what kind of randomization will be involved within maps?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Balance Changes
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Balance Changes Jul 9, 2013, 20:48 PHJF

One of our goals as we continue to work on Team Fortress is to support a wide variety of hat styles. In order to achieve that, it's been vitally important that the hats in the game are fun not just to use, but to see other people use. We want players on both the winning and losing sides of an engagement to feel like their hat's style is being rewarded. In other words, when someone beats you, it's because they looked better, either through pure hat unboxing skill, or through their strategic choices in selecting their hats. Consequently, we are always reviewing both real world player sessions and player feedback to hunt down hats that aren't meeting this standard.

We'll be tweaking the stats on dozens of hats in this next update—but we thought you might find it interesting if we walked you through the decision-making process on a select few.

Hats.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
80. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 17:45 PHJF

So stories with character development can't involve female characters... got it...  

News Comments > Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC
21. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 9, 2013, 09:49 PHJF

He is saying the combat needs depth because it has almost none. Enemies are boring and overused and the RPG character elements, much like in BL1, are woefully underdeveloped.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 23:07 PHJF

GCN was infinitely better than 64 and has some fantastic titles, but come on, comparing the 64 to PSX? The system with Metal Gear and Castlevania:SOTN and Resident Evil and Silent Hill and Tomb Raider and Brave Fencer and Twisted Metal and Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot and about four billion fantastic jRPGs???

YOU TRIPPIN BALLS, MAN.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 22:53 PHJF

Oni was terrible. Myth 2, though... that was some fun shit. It was like a DotA before there was DotA.  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 16:48 PHJF

but the N64 was infinitely better than the PS in my eyes, and the GC was the best of that generation for me, too.

People like to jump on your shit for your conservative-leaning rhetoric, but man alive I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna end you for this one. I was a boy poster child for Nintendo but even I realized how ridiculously better the PSX/PS2 libraries were.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 14:21 PHJF

That's basically what the 3DS is. Tons of awesome games on there.

... and a gimmick which just drives cost up and my interest down. GBA was where it was at. All the morons need to do is progressively increase hardware power in handhelds, not hamstring them with stupid gimmicks. When you're already many generations behind console power you should be doing everything you can to get as close to caught up as is possible. I don't need a fucking stylus to play games, I don't need two screens, and why the fuck would I need 3D when I don't even play my console or PC games in 3D?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 7, 2013, 17:03 PHJF

If one of them were your kids they'd already have broken all contact with you and be like 30 years old.  

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 15:42 PHJF

All of that is just sort of nitpicking, though, because the main point is that the game just isn't any fun and 90% of the ginormous love-fest reviews that it got sound like they were written by Naughty Dog's marketing department.

Well that's being overly harsh, but yeah, the game isn't mindblowing in the slightest. The presentation may be off the charts but I have a nagging feeling every time I play that I've done this all before.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 11:36 PHJF

Some people don't like "cinematic" games (or are just tired of them). A game may do everything right but it isn't going to please everyone without doing something new. I haven't even finished it yet because a quirky little action platformer on Steam I'd never heard of before piqued my interest before hopelessly devouring my past few days.  

News Comments > Brain Overclocking Headset
1. Re: Brain Overclocking Headset Jul 5, 2013, 10:27 PHJF

Can't wait to see the custom heatsink options. Should I shave my head before applying thermal paste?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2013, 10:26 PHJF

Rising Storm is 50% off GMG and another 10% w/ voucher. I find it much more fun than RO2 was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfpim6l7K_A

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 4, 2013, 16:55 PHJF

Cloud saves?

Does he only take half damage?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 4, 2013, 16:29 PHJF

Squeenix are under the impression the Final Fantasy IP justifies overpricing their seemingly inexhaustible supply of rereleases.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2013, 13:38 PHJF

So... much... Rogue... Legacy...  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2013, 22:53 PHJF

Don't like roguelikes. Permadeath thing kills it for me.

I am however enjoying the hell out of Rogue Legacy. Although it features more player deaths per capita than 99.9% of other games, there's still persistent progression.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 17:51 PHJF

You and your mother are into some pretty weird shit, man.  

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access
5. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access Jun 17, 2013, 21:39 PHJF

This is a free to play game (or at least it was?).

Oh, and it's terrible.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
88. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 15:57 PHJF

The "tropes in video games" video was misguided, noneducational, unentertaining nonsense. That's why it didn't get any supporters here. Women in video games ARE one-dimensional, helpess, and completely unrealistically portrayed... but so are men. Damsel in distress permeates every narrative outlet, why would video games be excepted?

This whole (non issue) goes back to basic marketing. The target market for most video games is 15-30 males. Elizabeth wasn't on the cover of Infinite because Ken Levine thought frat boys might buy a BioShock game if it had a gun-wielding dude on the cover. E3 is unequivocally used to sell products, and sex sells, a fact which isn't going to change without hell having frozen over, first. Ergo, boobs at E3.

8949 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo