Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8748 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 22, 2013, 19:26 PHJF

King sat on his hands (well, not really) for like fifty years and Dark Tower STILL had an absolutely terrible ending.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 22, 2013, 15:56 PHJF

Prince of Nothing is pretty fucking impregnable. I'm like ~15% into book one and have no idea what the fuck is going on. Bakker just keeps throwing Proper Nouns at the page without a hint of what the fuck any of it means.  

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta Begins
7. Re: Warframe Open Beta Begins Mar 21, 2013, 18:42 PHJF

What's the fuckin point of this game? Cooping through a bunch of pointless missions?  

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Announced
7. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 16:34 PHJF

The actual tiny bit of gameplay was pretty awesome.  

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 PHJF

Personally I'm waiting for it to be on GOG before considering it. No steam for me.

Good luck with that because it's a steamworks game.
And it was $12.50 on GMG like three weeks ago?

I'd be down for some Duke3D. I watched somebody playing Brutal Doom yesterday at lunch and was so inspired I went and got it myself and fired it up before bed. Shit is 10x as fun as any shooter released in the past ten years. Certain genres have sincerely gotten better as tech progresses. Shooters ain't one of them.

News Comments > NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed
12. Re: NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed Mar 21, 2013, 10:48 PHJF

Ummm the shit they used in LA Noire was fucking tits... why the fuck isn't EVERY GAME using it by now?  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend & Sale Mar 21, 2013, 10:46 PHJF

Maybe when they add some more open maps or something....feels like stuff is missing. Like tanks, vehicles and stuff....

Yeah let's turn this completely unique game into Battlefield: IN SPACEEEEEE.

Been months since I stopped playing due to abysmal performance and really awful balancing.

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta Begins
2. Re: Warframe Open Beta Begins Mar 21, 2013, 10:43 PHJF

I like this link over on the website:

https://c/Users/meridith.braun/AppData/ Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/ Content.Outlook/P8NYGGKO/www.warframe.com

News Comments > Game Reviews
27. Re: Game Reviews Mar 20, 2013, 20:16 PHJF

Should a game's price reflect the amount of money put into it or the game's duration? There are games people play for weeks which cost $10, there are games people play for one weekend which cost $60, and there is everything in between.

It's a hell of a lot better now that we have so many digital marketplaces where games don't have to compete for shelf space. People shopping at a physical store see two similar items with different prices and assume the more expensive one is somehow better.

News Comments > No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions
4. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 08:48 PHJF

I assume it's a stupid 3rd person shootfest.

Uncharted multiplay is quite popular.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2013, 16:01 PHJF

If you want to call it shitty in 10 hours or less, go for it.

A certain somebody didn't give me a beta invite. A certain somebody from THIS VERY WEB SITE.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 13:40 PHJF

I like the part of the teaser that has nothing to do with anything.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 19, 2013, 13:38 PHJF

If I sign up for a 2 year contract, what difference does it make if the phone is unlocked?

Because at the end of two years you either renew your contract or you get a new carrier... which forces you to get a new phone because your locked phone is a worthless fucking brick.

Telecoms are the worst-for-consumers businesses in the fucking history of space and time.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2013, 13:20 PHJF

Normally I would agree with you, but I give MMOs...and in particular MMOs still in development...

I have never experienced a shitty beta that turned into a fine game. By the time an MMO gets to public beta, core mechanics and development tend to be set in stone. The public is brought in to quash bugs, fine-tune balance, and test server ops.

As of right now however, I find it to be very much like just about every other fantasy MMO with very little to separate it from the pack.

That's been the case for the MMORPG for the last ~5 years running.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 19, 2013, 11:49 PHJF

The President Barack Obama administration is claiming that authorities do not need court warrants to affix GPS devices to vehicles to monitor their every move.

That is way over the line.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2013, 11:25 PHJF

Trashing on a MMO when I have probably given it all of 10 hours of playtime wouldn't really be fair.

If a game isn't good in ten hours then it isn't a good game. The old adage "put your best foot forward" comes to mind.

Then again it also helps to actually have a second foot follow the first (cough, Age of Conan, cough).

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 11:22 PHJF

EA didn't do it last time because they didn't want to pay the seat licensing for their VoIP but there are plenty of reasonably priced codecs and integration libraries these days.

Think if a game like Chivalry can muster support for voice chat then EA should have no problem.

News Comments > SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed
98. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 19:57 PHJF

Good companies stand behind their products, like Blizzard.

Did Blizzard offer refunds for Diablo 3?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2013, 18:31 PHJF

...and a few of them had enough trouble following the simple proceedings that it seemed the clearest way to improve general driver safety would be to take away their licenses.

You would think that, but according to a traffic crash investigator it is damn near impossible (in Ohio) to get peoples' license outright taken away short of like a million DUIs. Officers can suggest via form for re-examination of terrible drivers, but even horrible old people WHO HAVE CAUSED MULTIPLE ACCIDENTS will inevitably pass re-exam.

News Comments > On SimCity Offline Regional Play
13. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 16, 2013, 20:14 PHJF

I'm a little surprised the backlash has been what it is.

Because it didn't work. If the game had launched without a hitch there would be no more than the usual vocal minority condemning EA for their (now standard) contemptible business practices.

8748 Comments. 438 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo