Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8842 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
11. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend May 24, 2013, 08:41 PHJF

OVER HERE, SQUIRE, I NEED HELP WITH MY CODPIECE.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Launches
16. Re: More Big Picture Details May 23, 2013, 21:37 PHJF

The cost makes no sense for anyone. I'm sorry, but inflation hasn't gone up thirty fucking percent in the past year. What's a 760 going to cost, a mere $400?  

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Announced
6. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Announced May 23, 2013, 15:00 PHJF

Most Wanted 2012 looked damn good on PC (dx11). Badly optimized, but pretty.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2013, 14:54 PHJF

I have no idea, I got them along with contacts ten years ago but stopped using the (uncomfortable) contacts after like six months.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
1. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers May 23, 2013, 14:52 PHJF

Immediately after installing this, Windows was freezing up for seconds at a time. Rebooted. Less than an hour later, system hangs.

What the fuck does WHQL even mean.

News Comments > Dying Light Announced
4. Re: Dying Light Announced May 23, 2013, 14:02 PHJF

Hey look, it's Dead Island.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2013, 13:38 PHJF

I've never cleaned my lenses beyond wiping them on my shirt, and this is years of use and not casing them out of service. How about not picking them up by the lenses???  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 22, 2013, 21:33 PHJF

The most diehard Diablo fans avoided Diablo 3 like the plague it was.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2013, 10:55 PHJF

In 2011, according to the subcommittee's report, ASI earned $22 billion and paid just $10 million in "global taxes".

ASI being the PO Box Apple uses in Ireland. It isn't like this is rare, how does anyone think GE manages to avoid taxes? Apple is singled out because they are supposed to be such an "American" company.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 10:46 PHJF

Wow, and the controller STILL takes batteries!

Haven't you heard, everything in The Future runs on Kinect. Physical input devices are for the dinosaurs.

XBOX, HENTAI LIBRARY ON THE MAINSCREEN. ENGAGE.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 20, 2013, 08:43 PHJF

Everyone should know what a differential is! All people should strive to achieve a modicum of understanding of those basic devices and principles which are so ubiquitous in modern life. I don't need to be surrounded by even more people spouting drivel about "the cloud" because they saw some talking head droning on about it.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
42. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 20:45 PHJF

I'm not the slightest bit religious, but I have way more respect for people who are and leave others alone instead of the assholes who think criticizing them is somehow enlightening.

Christians (and most other major religions) by their very nature are proselytizers. They do not "leave others alone." They seek to control or sway powers to further their own irrational goals. Any gay American can tell you as much.

I hate to go there, but think of the children. How many children are raised and taught from day one that service to their parents' religion is paramount? That any questioning of their beliefs is a hostile force designed to test their resolve? That BILLIONS of people around the earth are WRONG in their own (equally idiotic) beliefs? That it is permissible to accept things as truth in total absence of evidence, in denial of the very foundation of all practical human advancement throughout history?

To say that religion and its practitioners should be left alone is to say a bulging tumor should be left to its wholly destructive malignance. Now, I'm not going to get militant and start or join a crusade because the tools at my disposal (rational thought, secular ideology, an open mind) are wildly ineffective when wielded. It is entirely impossible to engage in discourse with zealots.

News Comments > Game Reviews
40. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 20:17 PHJF

Ergo destroying, damaging or raping a robot is different than doing that to humans.

EVER SEE BLADE RUNNER???

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 14:56 PHJF

I don't want to see Nintendo making games for other platforms,

Ummm I and all the other "core gamers" would love for this to happen.

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2013, 14:29 PHJF

That's bull shit man, you gotta eat some actual food. Eat a big salad or something. I'm 27, 6'1", 180lbs. I run a lot to curb my somewhat elevated caloric intake. I eat a lot of food, I just consume almost no empty calories (big bowls of oatmeal, big plates of whole wheat pasta primavera).

A good diet isn't something you adopt to drop pounds, it's a lifestyle change you can keep up indefinitely. Drinking "meal" shakes and eating "meal" bars is a bunch a horseshit.

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2013, 13:52 PHJF

On that note, I also won't bake anything out of a box. Man, after learning how easy it is to make a real cake out of flour and sugar I'll never go back to the boxed stuff. I've moved one step past my parents, now, who would do boxed cakes but never, ever boxed icings.

I baked butter cream cookies yesterday. Three whole sticks of butter in 27 frosted cookies.

Not for my own consumption, of course Chef

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2013, 13:13 PHJF

Does McDonalds even offer malt vinegar?

Fries without malt vinegar, may as well be eating dog shit. Five Guys has bottles of the stuff on hand, but fuck that place is expensive.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2013, 11:49 PHJF

Back before becoming health conscious (well I guess I was always conscious of what I ate, I just didn't care) I would now and again cruise thru McD and just get four McDoubles for $4:
1560 calories, 116% fat, 44% carbs, 140% sodium

It's easy enough to buy (relatively) cheap and far healthier foods at the supermarket, stuff that doesn't take long to prepare. My brownbag for the past 5 months has consisted of a banana, a turkey or ham sandwhich, yogurt, wheat thins, and a diet soda. I make that lunch in the time it takes my coffee to brew each morning.

400 calorie dinner? What are you, a woman?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2013, 11:35 PHJF

On a different note my excitement level for Dust 514 on the PS3 went up when I found out it supports KB/M controls.

It's going to go way down when you play it and realize it's Planetside designed for and hamstrung by insufficient hardware.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround
24. Re: Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround May 17, 2013, 09:35 PHJF

There's no way to check your ammo in Ranger mode besides visiting a vendor.

Seriously, what the fuck???

8842 Comments. 443 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo