Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8840 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
33. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 17:45 PHJF

Who here has a 4GB GTX760? Mine's a 2GB.

And gaming on 4K (which I don't do, 1920x1080 with a little FXAA or SMAA looks great to me) really needs AT LEAST 3GB. There are released games which use over 4GB in 4K at max settings.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
1. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 4, 2014, 10:41 PHJF

I'd not played for a couple months waiting for 2.1.0, but after this shit, I'm completely done with D3. Having a game that doesn't "begin" until level 70 is monumentally fucking stupid, the worst of a laundry list of horrible design decisions carried over from fucking MMO Design 101.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
11. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:29 PHJF

SlimRam wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:07:
I'm not quite sure I understand the strategy for this? By Crytek's own proclamation they lose money every time they released their titles to PC due to piracy. So, is it really such a wise idea to release a game that is in such demand that they could possibly lose maybe two to three hundred in sales to piracy off of this title versus the 40 to 50 copies sold legitimately?

They are/were under the impression PC sales cannibalized console sales. This isn't an issue with a game that was released, only to consoles, months ago. The cost of porting to PC is largely negligible depending on the engine, especially to a dev studio with a lot of experience in PC games. So virtually any sales will help at this point.

From a management standpoint, they can only be trying to salvage whatever they can from Ryse. It was a catastrophic failure into which they dumped a lot of money, and nobody wants to just COMPLETELY write off such an investment.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 4, 2014, 09:11 PHJF

Hey if I looked like her I'd dress with that gettup every day.

Dragon Con always gets the best cosplay!

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced
9. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced Sep 4, 2014, 09:04 PHJF

It needs better *audio*.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
17. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 16:57 PHJF

NKD wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:36:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:20:
Did they fix the mouse and keyboard driving yet?

I see this in every thread yet since I couldn't get my PS4 controller to work properly, I played the game with a mouse and keyboard. It worked just fine, after I got used to it a bit.

Just use this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
60. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 14:24 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:56:
PHJF wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 12:45:
Helen Mirren showed us tits. HELEN MIRREN. EVERY GREAT ACTRESS MUST SHOW TITS! FORTHWITH!

Oh, and because I'm totally not sexist (please don't make a petition against me), all great male actors can show their asses... though most of them already do.

Or just their tits. (I still don't know how Chris Pratt went from junk to hunk in a few months). It's not fair that he had to show his, but Zoe Saldana didn't.

He was in Zero Dark Thirty playing a Navy Seal, and he basically went balls-to-the-wall training for that.

57. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 12:45 PHJF

Helen Mirren showed us tits. HELEN MIRREN. EVERY GREAT ACTRESS MUST SHOW TITS! FORTHWITH!

Oh, and because I'm totally not sexist (please don't make a petition against me), all great male actors can show their asses... though most of them already do.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 08:22 PHJF

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 16:19:
“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

&#8213; R. Buckminster Fuller

Obviously not a fan of Player Piano...

48. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 01:27 PHJF

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 00:46:

I'd wager most of them didn't know their pictures were backed up on iCloud, or not deleted off of it when deleted off of the device.
I'd wager that's true with most people that own iOS devices.

User error. And to be fair, while I think taking nude selfies is pretty stupid, Apple is ultimately responsible for not protecting their customers' privacy. But at the rate computer systems are being compromised the only safe bet is to assume nothing electronic is private.

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 00:46:

However, it's just weird to me that the conversation here, and really anywhere gamers venture, is "those idiots got what they deserved!" I mean, that's the very first place the discussion went and really the only place it stayed.

Americans love to wallow in celebrity misery and scandal, or have you never see a magazine rack at the supermarket? While the average Jane may have a hard time landing a good job with nude pictures of themselves indiscreetly circulating cyberspace, this ultimately isn't going to affect the victims, except maybe at Thanksgiving dinner.

Meanwhile the lesser masses who view these photos can at least for a while enjoy the small victory of having seen a naked celebrity, right before they go back to their comparatively miserable lives.

44. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 00:01 PHJF

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 23:37:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:29:
NKD wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:10:

No one is suggesting people go out of their way to avoid all risk. But it seems reasonable for a high profile public figure like an A-List actress to take a few basic precautions.

Personal responsibility? Is that still a thing? I thought we lived in a fantasy land where people can walk into traffic with their eyes closed and are never hit.

Being a victim of a crime is personal responsibility now?

To a degree, yes, it is. It isn't the whole picture but it is an element.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 15:17 PHJF

Edge of Tomorrow had a weird name and not great marketing,

Think that's the core of the issue. Awful movies with heavy-handed marketing can bring in buku cash. Great movies with bad marketing almost never do well. Star Power is essentially dead as far as Hollywood goes. Edge of Tomorrow distributor thought having Cruise on a poster would sell their movie.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 2, 2014, 13:57 PHJF

SlimRam wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:57:
Um, has anyone seen the real pictures yet? I might have casually looked for say, 12 to 14 hours yesterday but I wasn't able to find any that were real. There were plenty of disturbing, filthy, and disgusting, fakes that I had to subject myself to, dammit, to no avail. I was just hoping if someone could tell me if they were tasteful, yet double self fisting was involved?

It's like a unicorn, man. You spend your whole life wishing to see it and when you do it's just a stupid horse with a stupid horn on its face. Some things are better left to the imagination.

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:51 PHJF

Apple should really work this incident into future marketing campaigns.  

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
17. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 13:44 PHJF

Desalus wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:07:
PHJF wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
Stop your fucking bitching, this is the fucking internet. Politically Correct exists on an admin-by-admin basis, and you've no right or reason to expect succor from ANYONE.

This is exactly the response I was expecting... "How fucking dare you expect people to behave respectfully on the internet! Why don't you go fuck yourself!"

In my opinion the community would be a much better place without the threats of violence, harm, hateful, and harassing speech. I'm not sure what reason there is to get so irate about people taking a stand against it.

The internet is not a community. The internet is a system of communities. If one doesn't like a community, one need only find another.

Hateful and harassing speech are a time-honored aspect of internet living and anybody shedding tears over it needs to grow up or go find a happy little bubble on some forgotten corner of the web to hide in. Sticks and stones may break bones but trolling is easy enough to ignore.

And as for threats of violence and harm, are you serious? As if there is a rash of instances of people enraging one another on forums, getting in their cars, finding and physically assaulting each other?

I'm not sure what reason there is to get so irate about people taking a stand against it.

Because they're idiots and may as well be taking a stand against grass being green.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 10:50 PHJF

Yes surprisingly Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good which is odd for a Tom Cruise movie.

Odd how? Odd if you don't like good movies?

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
1. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 09:55 PHJF

Stop your fucking bitching, this is the fucking internet. Politically Correct exists on an admin-by-admin basis, and you've no right or reason to expect succor from ANYONE.  

News Comments > RAYA Sound Engine
6. Re: RAYA Sound Engine Sep 2, 2014, 09:45 PHJF

Bollocks, I'd rather have accurate audio than better visuals, especially since for the past years graphics have seen next to no new features added. What was the last big thing, tessellation?

This is absolutely necessary to making stuff like Rift truly revolutionary products. I want to be able to close my eyes in any given game and still feel IN THE GAME.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 2, 2014, 09:36 PHJF

At least constant smoking easily tells me whether somebody should be avoided or not. Such an entirely indefensible habit.  

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
15. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Sep 1, 2014, 10:02 PHJF

IWD2 is AD&D3 and doesn't have THAC0.

Icewind Dales are the perfect candidates for replaying as you have full parties of entirely player-created characters. I've been through either game at least a half dozen times by now. They aren't remembered as favorably as other D&D titles because they lack NPCs like Morte or Minsc, but as far as combat goes they were second to none.

8840 Comments. 442 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo