Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8721 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 17:46 PHJF

heh, makes me feel even better having bought the game (sans the mutilated tits option) last night.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 22:18 PHJF

One thing I want to mention...many reviews state that weapons don't decay as fast as they did in the first game. Personally that hasnt been my experience. Seems to be exactly the same. However you start at lvl 15 with skill points to place, or import an existing DI character that has most/all their points already assigned. This gives the illusion of the weapons having better durability depending on how you allocate those points.

I never had a real problem with the decay rate except on brass knuckle weapons where it seemed they'd break after every other encounter.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 20:26 PHJF

Fuck it, I'll bite at $32. Got plenty of joy from romping around Banoi time and again. TB was having a good time with it  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 23, 2013, 19:58 PHJF

Trying to get the dumbass Microsoft Sync to play the artist/track I just told it to in the clearest fucking voice imaginable is probably more dangerous than texting while driving.  

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
14. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 19:07 PHJF

That's another thing, the ending of the game doesn't explain a fucking thing. There was a big fuss about how it had a hidden "real" ending that you could only get by a) playing through the game more than once and b) doing certain quests in exactly the right way. I don't even know if that was true or not.  

11. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 18:06 PHJF

(made up) languages sound like

That would be it, it sounded Russian. And French being a Romance language one would think the writing would have been more smoothly translated to English. Then again, maybe the dev just has horrible writers.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2013, 18:03 PHJF

It was a Rob Zombie movie, of course it was terrible. And knowingly making and admitting a movie is terrible doesn't make it any less terrible. I caught Place Beyond the Pines and "ambitious to a fault" was a pretty accurate way of describing it.  

9. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 17:55 PHJF

The "story" they were going for is COMPLETELY impenetrable, in no small part because it's loaded with from-Russian text and there aren't any "characters" to speak of. There's no explanation as to who or what anything is or why they are doing whatever it is they are doing.

The game itself is a pretty bland FPS action/RPG. You run around mindless, confusing maps killing legions of mindless, endless enemies. It can be reasonably fun for a spell if you can somehow sink your teeth into it (which I managed to do when it released).

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2013, 20:34 PHJF

There's a new player character.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2013, 13:17 PHJF

So if Riptide is largely identical to its predecessor why the FUCK did it take so long to develop?

I loved DI and got more than my value from it, but Riptide isn't looking good. Too little, too late, and for $40.

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
13. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 12:53 PHJF

Ready Player One!  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 18 More Games
14. Re: Steam Greenlights 18 More Games Apr 17, 2013, 18:26 PHJF

As a consumer I'd rather Steam not be inundated with shovelware.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 15:42 PHJF

If you'd like to contribute (he's lost both legs, and not out of the woods yet), feel free to contribute here.

Insert joke about kickstarter...

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2013, 09:02 PHJF

Yeah I had no idea what Blood Dragon was but after these two trailers, man am I interested. The Cyber War was just perfect, especially loved the music.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 17, 2013, 08:55 PHJF

Besides, there is no need to make the console online only when every publisher already has the choice to include spiteful always-online DRM a la Diablo 3

How the fuck is a publisher going to publish an always on game on a console that isn't always on? Are you completely unaware Diablo 3 PS3 has OFFLINE play???

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2013, 17:51 PHJF

The people in charge of funding or marketing ANY product RARELY have any interest in the product itself. This isn't breaking news: Creatives vs. Suits is as old as time.

These are public companies and it would be patently irresponsible to just hand a developer a pile of money and say, "here, make a game and come back to us when it's done."

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2013, 22:41 PHJF

God damn I gotta get out more, just found this kickass song Phantogram - When I'm Small today. This free trial to Sirius/XM is turning out quite well.  

News Comments > Worlds of Magic Trailer
6. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 19:25 PHJF

Well, that was shit.

Cast spells!!11111

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
19. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 18:04 PHJF

Been following the shit out of this game. Seriously jonesing for more terraria-esque action.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2013, 17:46 PHJF

Maybe it was just the actor but I preferred Spartacus in season one when it was nothing BUT a guilty pleasure.  

8721 Comments. 437 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo