Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8842 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist; Day One Patch Released
9. Re: Music Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 08:12 PHJF

Yup this is why I don't use DRM schemes excepting steam (I got Blacklist free).

So it turns out we're having some issues with the PC version and the Patch auto-Installer.

First off... this does not effect anyone who purchased the game via Steam.
Any other PC version (disc or digital) needs to MANUALLY install the patch.

So I download the 20GB from uplay. It then takes 30 minutes to install the game. Then I have to go and manually download a 1.7GB patch.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 19:30 PHJF

The gist I got from people after they'd have sufficient exposure to Guild Wars 2 was that for all its hype it still ended up being merely evolutionary.  

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 19:24 PHJF

So we had Dead Island which was extraordinarily rough but nonetheless fun, Riptide which took forever to release while bringing nothing new whatsoever to Dead Island, that medieval demon game with assets straight from Dead Island, and now this one which looks... remarkably like Dead Island.

Keep broadening those horizons, Techland.

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
9. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 11:06 PHJF

I notice this doesn't say anything about DLC... If they throw in a deluxe super biseasonal premium pass, I'll bite.  

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
21. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 15:46 PHJF

Wait a minute, you don't get to buy other ships? I knew there would be no player-piloted capital ships, but NO other ships??? Fuck that noise!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 11:51 PHJF

Occasional thumbnails on the front are OK, but I'd rather not see them attached to every which article. How hard is it, if interested in an article, to click through and get screens from within? The wall of blue-backed text greeting me everyday is one of the reasons I visit here as opposed to everywhere else.

And make a point of promoting Rogue Legacy; I tried so myself but apparently nobody cares. "wah wah it looks like a Super Nintendo game and everybody knows there were no fun Super Nintendo games!"

News Comments > Payday 2 Profitable Already; New Trailer
15. Re: Payday 2 Profitable Already; New Trailer Aug 8, 2013, 11:39 PHJF

Really interested in this, but not so much at $30.  

45. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 14:49 PHJF

Some libraries have ebook leases.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 09:40 PHJF

You know, Kindle books have no physical manifestation to be subjected to the harsh realities of the tangible world.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2013, 11:36 PHJF

Chicken is too bland to bother with. Cut into strips and cook in a pan. All the flavor comes from without.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 6, 2013, 11:28 PHJF

So the CBS blackout included dropping the premium Showtime channels to which my sister subscribes for the sole purpose of riding out the end of Dexter. In addition to dropping Showtime, they deleted all previously recorded shows. How's that for customer service.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2013, 08:45 PHJF

My thoughts on Pacific Rim:

Aggressively stupid. It's something that should be on MST3K.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo
22. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo Aug 1, 2013, 13:19 PHJF

Well yeah, if your developers are just going to abandon the core design of the series and release a generic action game instead...  

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo
13. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo Aug 1, 2013, 01:50 PHJF

As far as I got in LoS, the entire game consisted of: Get locked into tiny arena with an uncontrollable camera that only points in one direction. Fight a bunch of guys that take a million hits to kill. ... Fight the same bunch of guys that take a million hits to kill. ... Fight the same bunch of guys that take a million hits to kill. ... Get shunted off to the next tiny arena to fight a bunch of guys, potentially with a minigame interlude.

Unfortunately true. I got the collector's edition for PS3 and man, it's just a boring, boring, boring action game. The plot is tedious. The environments are tedious. The combat is tedious. The only thing worth mentioning is the OST.

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jul 31, 2013, 17:08 PHJF

Had to .inf edit 314.22 drivers to get new gtx 760 to work on them. nvidia drivers have been shit for months now, and it's only getting worse.  

News Comments > NVIDIA's Cloud Rendering
16. Re: NVIDIA's Cloud Rendering Jul 29, 2013, 12:12 PHJF

Great, when every asshole on the internet is sporting a $1000 graphics card like in this demo, this will be awesome.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 26, 2013, 14:55 PHJF

I have an MSI GTX 460. Cool and quiet. Branding doesn't matter so much to a graphics card since it's all pretty much just custom clocks and coolers.  

News Comments > Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor This Fall
6. Re: Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor This Fall Jul 26, 2013, 09:44 PHJF

It was certainly better than Chronicles of Amber has turned out to be. I'm gonna find whomever it was around here recommended it and give them a firm kick in the nuts.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Sells 2 Million
20. Re: Torchlight II Sells 2 Million Jul 25, 2013, 15:26 PHJF

ARPG is probably my number one genre, and Torchlight 2 just doesn't have a hook. The entire game is well put together, but nothing is fresh or interesting. It's a snoozefest.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 24, 2013, 12:18 PHJF

It's a forum, and apparently this doesn't work anymore anyways:

And this is over apple shut down the site doing this no longer can sign the certificate to allow us to download it. That was fun while it lasted.

8842 Comments. 443 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo