Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8873 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
39. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 14:21 PHJF

Tera was a clear step in the right direction, but it was still only a single step when there are leagues yet to cover.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
4. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 14:14 PHJF

buy rogue legacy you fucks  

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 12:00 PHJF

I guess the crux of this whole thing is that GW2 is casual MMO player heaven.

Sounds good for me, then. If nobody has a better suggestion I guess I'll wind up on your server.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Curt Schilling on Amalur
22. Re: Quoteworthy - Curt Schilling on Amalur Nov 27, 2013, 10:52 PHJF

It wasn't a bad game. Unfortunately they didn't do enough to make combat unique or interesting and they didn't use Todd McFarlane to the best of his abilities. If you like Divinity 2 you may very well enjoy Amalur.  

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 10:15 PHJF

Hey, I've been waiting for this to hit $30 at GMG forever (the only place it seems to ever go on sale) but their vouchers never stack with it. Perfect timing.

To anyone around here still playing, what server you on?

News Comments > LEGO: The Hobbit Announced
31. Re: LEGO: The Hobbit Announced Nov 27, 2013, 09:01 PHJF

And that's a classic movie so revered by critics that nobody will consider doing a remake.

It was a different time. I hate old movies (anything prior to the 70s, largely) because of everything from cinematography to scores to the olde-timey acting. The only "classic" movie I actually thought was timeless was Citizen Kane, mostly for Welles' talents.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 26, 2013, 08:02 PHJF

and love of his diabetic wife, all he cared about was making a sugar free chocolate chip cookie for his wife.

Duh, just use Splenda.

News Comments > LEGO: The Hobbit Announced
20. Re: LEGO: The Hobbit Announced Nov 26, 2013, 08:00 PHJF

Turned off Hobbit about 2/3 way in. Completely opposite vibe from book, stuffed with mindless action scenes, and pointlessly overlong.

And now they're shoehorning a new character in... ugh.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2013, 17:12 PHJF

Persona 5 Trailer my ass. That barely qualifies as a teaser.  

News Comments > Amazon Sales All Week
18. Re: Amazon Sales All Week Nov 25, 2013, 17:11 PHJF

Finally time to pick up Dark Arisen. Really grinds my fucking gears them not offering that as DLC for Dragon's Dogma owners. That was a huge sleeper hit for me.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 23, 2013, 08:29 PHJF

Well if anyone is in a position to cry foul about frame rate caps it's the guy with the $1000 video cards.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting
61. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 23, 2013, 08:26 PHJF

Combat was easily the worst part of PST and any changes they could make to it would be for the better.

The worst part of the best game of all time isn't high slander. And you consider it trash, but there are plenty of people who didn't have any problems with Infinity Engine. It was more or less the perfect fit for faithfully bringing AD&D to single-player PC games, and I absolutely love every product which shipped with it. That the core of that system went on to power the seminal KotOR (and less than seminal NWN's) is evidence enough that I wasn't the only person enjoying it.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
57. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 08:17 PHJF

Some of id's early games, running on Carmack's engines, were trendsetters and certainly left me with some wonderful memories. I was a gamer from age of four or so, but the first time I saw Doom running in its gothic 2.5D glory, it was a life-changing event.

Yup, some coworker of my dad's had Doom running on a PC in the office while I was in for take-your-kid-to-work day... which is really the only good that came from something as nonsensical as take-your-kid-to-work day.

37. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 17:16 PHJF

...have to watch helplessly as a bad situation becomes near hopeless?

You say that like it's a good thing? Having an AI do something a) I couldn't have prepared for and b) while I'm entirely unable to react isn't what I consider fun. Every encounter in Enemy Unknown started with the enemy interrupting my turn (whose fucking turn is it?) and moving to cover.

32. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 16:25 PHJF

You guys are fuckin nuts. I've played through the Icewind Dales like a million times. Turn based just isn't remotely visceral enough for combat involving small unit counts. There's too much of a sense of detachment and there's no sense of urgency.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 16:05 PHJF

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 12:54:
Thanks to Prof and Bats for the TESO beta key. What the hell is with their forums though? You need some sort of separate invite? Anyway, when's the next test start? I coulda swore someone said it was today.

My key was specifically for this weekend.

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
30. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 07:44 PHJF

TheVocalMinority wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 06:39:
I think a lot of the people posting here must have played a different game called "Rage" than the one I did. Tell me, did yours have shitty vehicular combat in it with ridiculous amounts of auto aim?

I think so. Did yours also have enemies which would repeatedly get shot in the head and shrug it off?

RAGE makes Doom 3 look like Doom 2.

69. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 18:45 PHJF

Here's the ESO beta key they sent me.

7759F5Y5YHJEFDNRHACT

57. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:27 PHJF

If they can see something in plain view that is suspicious, that gives them probable cause to search your vehicle without your permission. It's how they pop people for drugs, guns, and other illegal stuff all the time. Some idiot will have a baggie on the back seat or a bong sticking out from under a seat. You probably wavered a bit and they bit, hoping to score an arrest.

And this is why people love dogs. If a K9 unit hits positive on your car, it's getting searched, and it's completely legal. Officers can't detain you for an unreasonable length of time while waiting for a dog, though. What constitutes "unreasonable length" is up to the judge/jury.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:17 PHJF

If an officer in Ohio stopped you to "check if you had insurance", you'd destroy him in court. If you weren't breaking any traffic/motor vehicle equipment laws there was no basis for a stop and any subsequent findings would be inadmissible as fruits of the poisonous tree.  

8873 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo