Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8949 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
13. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 20:59 PHJF

Tried twice but couldn't get into it.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
1. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 11:53 PHJF

They need extra time to make sure it is somehow even worse a port than Dark Souls.  

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
21. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 16:46 PHJF

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 13:50:
Ratty wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 10:56:
Totally disagree with you guys. I think a live action movie with the cubic landscape and creatures would be awesome. I'm thinking something like Tron. I really would have no interest in seeing yet another all cgi-movie.

Usually movies have a plot though.... not just a setting.

Tell that to Gravity.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 15:44 PHJF

I make the best pancakes around, and you know what goes in em?

SPLENDA!

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
11. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 28, 2014, 08:11 PHJF

Wait until it's actually done. I had hundreds of entertaining hours in TQ. Grim Dawn is taking an eon to develop, though; been over four fucking years.  

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
1. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 27, 2014, 18:47 PHJF

Awful trailer, looking forward to the game. Heretic Kingdoms was pretty damn overlooked.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
128. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 07:55 PHJF

Triple buffering options in the game itself? Has anyone done that before? First I've seen.

Pretty much every game had that... ten years ago. Back when vsync options, you know, worked.

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 07:52 PHJF

With little in the way of originality or excitement, the only thing Lords Of Shadow 2 will deliver is crushing disappointment.

Lords Of Shadow 2 is a game with flair and gusto that constantly bogs itself down with design choices that should have never made it past the first week of studio meetings. Dracula deserves better.

Itís baffling that developers who garnered such acclaim for their successful 3D reinvention of a long-running series could not only fail to improve on their formula with the sequel, but make a game thatís distinctly worse in almost every possible way. Who ever thought playing as Dracula would be so thoroughly dull?

I guess I'll just spend $60 (this isn't fucking Skyrim) and prove these guys wrong, then?

Or not.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 23:53 PHJF

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:27:

As part of the program, to protect survey participants and the public, it was important to know the extent of the drivers' drinking. To this end, a passive alcohol sensor (PAS), attached to the PDA with VelcroTM, was used to collect mixed expired air from approximately 6 inches in front of the driver's face

wtf!? Never heard about that. I use my nose....don't need a damn machine.

Around here they don't hold up in court and supposedly aren't very accurate.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 17:43 PHJF

Great, another lousy Castlevania title.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
43. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 15:27 PHJF

TotalBiscuit thinks collectible virtual card games are the cat's ass, so what does he know.

Holy hell do I need a new game or what, been months without anything new to buy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2014, 16:10 PHJF

So what is the future, little computers or streaming!?!?!?  

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
65. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 17:10 PHJF

The most common, interesting, powerful, and fun reward is that you can use a heavily armed giant robot, something which is definitely distinct from a mech because it doesn't turn like a pig or require a minimum of seventeen buttons to effectively operate.

There is literally the exact same thing in Blacklight: Retribution, except smaller in scale.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 22:13 PHJF

I have a dual mon setup: TV (HDMI) and monitor (DVI). I set my default monitor to the TV, but with the TV off, it defaults to the LCD monitor. If I turn on the TV, it switches over seamlessly. There are glitches on occasion, especially if I have a game open already, but overall it works pretty well.

Yeah that's how it worked for me before the new hardware.

The biggest issue seems to be with sleep. Ever since getting an SSD I strictly use sleep, and HDMI does *not* like it. There's all sorts of shit around how to fix it from some stupidly overpriced $130 dongle to hackjob adapters on ebay, and apparently ATI drivers have a registry entry for fixing EDID problems, but for me it was killing pin 19.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
5. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 19, 2014, 20:32 PHJF

I don't understand why Valve gives developers carte blanche with THE STEAM forums. There's been a glut of shovelware lately and repeated attempts by their respective developers to quash any criticism. This kind of shit is going to devalue Steam in a big way.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 20:14 PHJF

There is nothing wrong with the cable, it's a "feature" of HDMI and Windows 7.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
3. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 19, 2014, 20:00 PHJF

...a chance to make their own judgment and help us counter these malicious and false reviews being put up by a select few and their mob in order to get back at us for banning, thus preventing them from disrupting our forums.

... what

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 16:56 PHJF

Just about had it with HDMI when I finally found the solution to my (enormous, migraine-inducing) problem, a problem which manifested immediately after going from a GTX460 to a GTX760.

As long as I've owned this card and regardless of updates to Windows and/or display drivers, multiple displays have NEVER functioned correctly. It extends the desktop when I don't want it to, fucks with my desktop icon placement, never fucking remembers which is the main display, or randomly refuses to even acknowledge my receiver is on and I'd like to USE MY FUCKIN SPEAKERS. The absolute worst offense was, with stunning regularity, Windows getting "stuck" in extended desktop mode and refusing to enable/disable particular displays, requiring a reset to remedy.

And the fucking solution?

A piece of tape. A tiny little piece of tape used to cover up pin #19 on the HDMI cable, the shitty little worthless cunt of a pin whose sole lot in life is to carry "event" (like, say, power on or off) signals between devices. I'm not sure what would be so god damn difficult for some asshole at nvidia or some even bigger asshole at Microsoft to look into and FIX this on the SOFTWARE END, but no, I'm stuck here solving 21st century problems with tiny pieces of tape.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Feb 19, 2014, 07:44 PHJF

Asmo wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 22:14:
I don't f#cking care about minor performance gains nVidia, I want you to put back in the simple winkey+p shortcuts to swap surround to single screen and back rather than your bullshit "oh look, we put in a hotkey that doesn't f#cking work" system...

That is a Windows function, what does it have to do with nvidia.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 11, 2014, 18:43 PHJF

Didn't see this posted. Gameplay from new Eastern European-developed ARPG Lords of the Fallen. Looks like Dark Souls except, you know, it isn't kicking you in the testicles every thirty seconds. For better or worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K423anCBKKo

8949 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo