Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9231 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Birdman Jan 15, 2015, 17:02 PHJF

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 14:51:
I just finished watching Birdman about 30 minutes ago.

I'm left with the impression that this movie was done either on a dare or because Keaton, Norton, and Stone lost a bet. It's actively abysmal.

Just...ugh. It's not even depressing-but-good-and-insightful.

You're off your rocker! The cinematography was some of the best I've ever seen, the score was pitch perfect, and every actor was in top form. It may not have fundamentally altered the way I perceive movies, but Birdman was a ton of fun to watch.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 17:44 PHJF

"Once, he said, they were in El Paso, Texas, where Driscoll had left that night in camouflage and boots. She returned later to the hotel at which he was staying wearing a trench coat. Under it she was wearing an evening gown splattered with blood and other matter, Busch testified."

Signs you may be dating Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 12:43 PHJF

I think it's a little more acceptable delaying a new game rather than a port of a title which has launched on a half dozen consoles.  

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
11. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 10:26 PHJF

Lemme guess, it's gonna be early access and Dr. Smart is going to want $60,000,000 kickstarted because "that's how much the other guy got!"  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
27. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 9, 2015, 12:49 PHJF

Iurand wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 03:39:
nin wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:09:
First big flop of the year? Watched people play it, and while it does look fun, it also looks like the exact same thing, over and over...

Kind of like de_dust...

Clearly you don't remember de_dust2

News Comments > Zombie Studios Closed
9. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 8, 2015, 18:06 PHJF

UConnBBall wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:34:
I enjoyed Blacklight Retribution A Lot.

Also had a good time with it, but the community never took off and support quickly dropped.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2015, 10:09 PHJF

Pretty sure Bose has all the patents for overpriced.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
16. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 13:44 PHJF

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:22:
i5-2500k still banging along here, best damned OCer I've ever come across. I'm looking for reasons to upgrade but still haven't really come across any. I think I need to swap the PSU in this soon though.

MicroCenter has i7-5820 for $300 x_x

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins
5. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 6, 2015, 19:25 PHJF

The web site has no video?  

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
25. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 15:05 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:49:
$500, and it doesn't even support my physical 5.1 headphones??

Heh, I had a set of actual surround headphones once; they were terrible. Virtual surround works just as well. Actually the one cool thing about my Tritton AX360s were they included a little DAC box that allowed me to run my PS2 games to my 5.1 analog PC speakers.

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
23. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 14:52 PHJF

I had an Auzen X-Fi for several years (thinking it would receive better support than a CL card... it didn't) but moved to a SB-Z when my latest motherboard failed to feature a PCI slot. The card has been on sale for $60 at times and includes an amped headphone jack, and has yet to give me any issues. Onboard audio may be fine for digital, but it is woefully inadequate for analog audio and a good DAC will set you back even more than a discreet sound card.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2015, 18:26 PHJF

Update: So Nvidia’s Senior PR, Bryan Del Rizzo contacted me and stated the following: “Untrue. Solely focused on delivering the best gaming experience with G-SYNC—which is shipping today from leading monitor OEMs.”. Looks like Nvidia doesn’t support the optional Adaptive Sync after all.

7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2015, 17:22 PHJF

As far as system requirements for FreeSync, other than a display that supports DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync, you need a supported AMD GPU with a DisplayPort connection and a driver from AMD with FreeSync support.

There's no indication nvidia will ever support anything but gsync.

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 4, 2015, 15:57 PHJF

Gsync can go fuck off and die for pricing themselves into the stratosphere. Anyone with that much money to blow is better off throwing more horsepower into their PC to hit a high framerate than buying overpriced gsync horseshit.

AMD is finally pushing their own propriety horseshit out this year, Freesync, which is hopefully going to be a lot fucking cheaper.

AMD had already told us that adding FreeSync / Adaptive-Sync capability to a monitor would prove to be quite easy technically and financially. In fact the company stated numerous times that FreeSync monitors would end up considerably cheaper than their Nvidia G-Sync counterparts.
The company’s Chief Gaming Scientist, Richard Huddy, stated in November that he estimates the cost differential between two identical FreeSync and G-Sync monitors to amount to $100 less in favor of the FreeSync solution.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
7. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 2, 2015, 21:34 PHJF

The gist was the fundamentals are all there and fantastic but all the bells and whistles you really want and need aren't and won't be for a long time yet

Basically what every review echos: great foundation, total lack of content. A recurring theme among early access games is to arbitrarily release 1.0 and then promise "ongoing development".

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam
21. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 21:05 PHJF

I was so glad when Steam added the ability to hide games from my library. AvP, even at the $5 or so I paid, was a colossal waste of money. Total abortion of a game.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 11:12 PHJF

Just figured out something really stupid about PS4: it has no bluetooth headset support.  

6. Re: Researchers: We can detect life on other worlds through its [sic] vibrations Dec 30, 2014, 11:56 PHJF

Dammit you all beat me to it.

Anyways the subject of "its" is "life on other worlds". The worlds aren't vibrating, the life is. Poorly constructed sentence, though.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 29, 2014, 20:09 PHJF

I refuse to use anything other than circumaural, especially for games. Sennheiser headsets have bigass, comfortable cups that I can wear all night without any discomfort (and at least with my older PC350 model I can swap out velvet and faux leather cup pads).  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 29, 2014, 18:58 PHJF

Sennheiser Sennheiser Sennheiser.

If you just want phones, HD 280 is $100. Their headsets are a lot more expensive, but with Sennheiser you get what you pay for.

9231 Comments. 462 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo