Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8873 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 17:10 PHJF

As one who has read the books first, I can say the value of the show is in no way lessened. Apart from them not having the budget to do the rare actual battles any justice, it's just as entertaining, if not more so.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2014, 15:04 PHJF

If you don't care about money...

Sennheiser

Or a slightly less expensive older model...

That's for uncompromising quality from both the phones and the mic.

For something that's good enough, and fairly comfortable with glasses (very cushy pads), there's some stuff from Logitech

Personally I've had Sennheiser PC350 for years and they don't bother me when I deign to don my spectacles at the computer. Just make sure you get something with really fluffy circumaural earpads.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2014, 07:57 PHJF

I never played the first but I heard Payday 2 had fewer missions than the first.  

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
6. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 20:24 PHJF

There's already way too much XP. Playing through from start to finish on Hard (which let's be honest is really Normal) netted me fifty seven levels. It should actually be an accomplishment getting that far.

The game may very well be better than it was but as a religious Diablo II player I still find DIII fundamentally and irreparably flawed.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
14. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 00:09 PHJF

it's not as tight, it's faster, there's far more gotcha moment encounters designed to kill the player and it doesn't favor the methodical defensive approach that the other games had by instead preferring a fast-paced survival horror vibe.

I'm about 20 hours in and I find the exact opposite to be true. Melee combat is more substantial than ever: weapons are better balanced and handle more distinctly, and shields aren't able to instantly block after having delivered an attack. There are a ton more enemies that cannot be backstabbed, and even those than can seldom give the opportunity.

Another plus, I've avoided covenants and have managed to only be invaded twice, and those were in PVP-specific areas, while I've been consistently summoned almost immediately after soapstoning. Many of the bosses (and christ there are a lot of them now) are practically begging for more than one player.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 17:54 PHJF

The game looks fine. It has little to no aliasing (and I sit four feet from my 40" TV), and thank god has little to no frame rate issues.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2014, 09:44 PHJF

I remember EVERYONE hating on BFV at the time... but god knows it was better than SWoWW2 x_x  

News Comments > Bound by Flame in May
1. Re: Bound by Flame in May Mar 14, 2014, 21:42 PHJF

Yikes, that trailer from a bit ago looked a helluvalot better than those shots do.  

News Comments > Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled
6. Re: Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled Mar 14, 2014, 21:41 PHJF

It's probably only meant for menu navigation.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 00:11 PHJF

I was listening to the DLC podcast last night, and they said that Loot 2.0 makes D3 into D2. Would you go that far?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Diablo 3 isn't even in the same galaxy as Diablo 2. Is it fun, sure: as a standalone game with no relationship beyond cosmetic to its namesake.

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
23. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2014, 00:03 PHJF

The Last of Us is easily the most overrated game I've ever seen. I'm just not sure what people see in it

It's cinematic. Cinematic games are critically acclaimed because they "elevate" games beyond disposable entertainment.

And giving an "artistic achievement" award to anything but Puppeteer is a fucking farce.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 15:45 PHJF

nin wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 13:36:

<Prof Farnsworth>: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?"

DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 18:39 PHJF

I'm not a big fan of Diablo 3 being an online only game (as it's roots are SP w/ optional coop), BUT, Battle.NET is selling it currently for $19.99 (PC & MAC).

Gamestop and Amazon and Newegg just had it for $20. Blizzard's own store is well and truly late to the party.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
62. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:31 PHJF

Flo wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 08:18:

I just realized this wasn't releasing on PS4. Just when I'd thought EA couldn't sink any lower.
Yea, they call these Exclusives. I think even the PS4 got some of those

Yeah, games made by or produced by Sony.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
59. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:12 PHJF

I just realized this wasn't releasing on PS4. Just when I'd thought EA couldn't sink any lower.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 16:17 PHJF

Without reading that whole article...

... it's the games, stupid. Until there is a killer app or two, no shit the the consoles aren't going gangbusters.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 20:48 PHJF

I grind and press my coffee every morning as well <3

Blue after your inspirational OOTB I now take my empty Starbucks bags to the market and enjoy a free cup of joe while I shop.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
33. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 08:32 PHJF

As far as I can tell Logitech took a hit in quality in the past few years. I have a late model G5 (which admittedly I've been using for a long time) suffering from the poor cord connection that apparently plagues many of their corded mice. The mousewheel has lost a lot of tactility, one of the sensitivity change buttons has always been poor to respond, and I hate that it doesn't store DPI setting onboard. Real comfortable, though. Their keyboard selection has been lackluster and they haven't released a worthwhile set of speakers in ages; Z5500 was the crown jewel of PC-specific speakers and they never followed it up.

I've been looking toward finally getting a new mouse and have been eyeballing Cooler Master stuff. Couldn't be happier with the CM keyboard I've been using, and their peripherals tend to be a bit cheaper than the competition.

27. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 21:04 PHJF

Is there anything new in this game besides a different location and different enemies?

That's enough for most people. And this is a last-gen game.

24. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 16:33 PHJF

I am going to spend my time basically doing nothing but invasions, best part of the souls games.

Think you confused "best" with "worst". Artorias added the little arena for people with interest in it. The few times I *had* to go human for red phantom NPCs I still managed to get fucking player invaded in the process.

8873 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo