Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9048 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 13:31 PHJF

My old setup was arrow keys-based. end=jump, middlemouse=aim, RMB=crouch, Ctrl=reload, enter=use. I played a lot of Counter-Strike like that before forcing myself over to wasd. Now the only nonstandard thing I do is f=use.

It's a flight sim / space sim thing.

Been enjoying that great surfeit of flight and space sims over the past decade, eh?

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
19. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 13:18 PHJF

Not wireless? Is this a joke? KNOW WHAT'S GOT BLUETOOTH? MY DS4.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 08:58 PHJF

As far as I'm concerned, print books are dead. In one or two more generations they'll become nothing more than a novelty.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
27. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 08:37 PHJF

Amazon wants the price for most ebooks to be around $10; they've said as much in plain English. They've declared this the best price point for a) sales numbers and b) revenue. Of course they are going to take a loss for the time being, they are trying to prove a point. As soon as shitheads like Hachette get the message and stop trying to sell ebooks for $25, Amazon won't have to undercut.

This currently benefits the consumer, but once they eliminate ALL competition guess who gets to pick up the bill....

There is no physical good for Amazon to have complete distributive control over. At the first sign of unjust ebook price hikes, somebody else will come in to distribute. There are no huge gears of commerce which need to be reconfigured to swing control away from Amazon.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 16, 2014, 20:53 PHJF

If an elevator opens and Sub Zero is inside... take the stairs.

If an elevator opens and Kitana is inside...

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 15, 2014, 22:32 PHJF

I'd been using a hard-surface pad for a while and traded it in for a simple classic cloth pad. Now my mouse trips up when it encounters (the hopelessly inevitable) dog hair on the pad.  

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
31. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 11:46 PHJF

There are only a handful of potential buyers with the resources to grow Minecraft on a scale that it deserves. We’ve worked closely with Microsoft since 2012, and have been impressed by their continued dedication to our game and its development. We’re confident that Minecraft will continue to grow in an awesome way.

What a load of horse shit. Microsoft has done absolutely nothing beneficial to the video games consumer in a decade. Shitty hardware, shitty monetization, and the shitty destruction of so many quality franchises. Obviously my bias from gaming mostly on PC (which everyone knows MS took a massive shit on) is a factor, but still: short of EA having the reigns, I can't think of a worse home for Minecraft.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
29. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 14, 2014, 07:30 PHJF

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 23:21 PHJF

Can't make this stuff up.

Oman [developer] 9 hours ago
We would have loved to add mouse support to the menu but we reached a point in the project where it was either going to be modding support or adding features such as mouse support in the menus. We chose modding.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 22:28 PHJF

So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
48. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 15:11 PHJF

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in GTAV you still lose a car you bought if you trash it, or if you leave it and run away from it, correct?

You buy insurance for your permanent cars. If they are destroyed, you pay a little bit to get a new one. You can leave it anywhere you want, it's only when it gets blowned up you gotta pay the insurance.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 12, 2014, 13:05 PHJF

Just the name "Techland" sounds like a B-list amusement park somewhere in the former Soviet Bloc.

"12 3 days since last rider fatality! Come on down to fabulous Techland!"

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
35. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 13:00 PHJF

I was under the impression XBone and PS4 were far more similar to PCs than their predecessors. Shouldn't the PC development run fairly parallel to the new consoles?  

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
9. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 12, 2014, 12:55 PHJF

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:37:
So why isn't the Oz government, or some businessman, doing something about it? Seriously, open up an Oz Amazon and the country will beat a path to your door.

The government recently had a committee investigate why the fuck games cost so much

The report includes a lot of suggestions AU may go about toward fixing the problem, but like most anywhere else in the world, money talks. Games are so expensive because EB Games, AU's largest physical retailer, wants them to be. While retail sales are still strong, digital has made a huge push in the past couple years. As digital sales continue to climb over physical, Valve et al will be able to exert more control over pricing than their physical counterparts, and pricing will likely fall. Well, maybe not likely, but hopefully.

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
6. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 12, 2014, 11:28 PHJF

Squirmer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 09:46:
Presumably due to pressure from local distributors.

First post nailed it, why is anyone still unsure? Everything under the sun costs more to consumers in Australia. The argument is that AU's high wages result in the high cost of goods (the minimum wage is $17).

Remember when Valve was suggesting digital delivery would lower the cost of games? Yeah? Well, turns out that's a two way street...

37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 16:20 PHJF

Homemade salsa:
0.68 2 lb tomatoes
1.09 1 bundle green onions
0.10 1/2 head garlic
0.30 1/2 bundle cilantro
0.20 1 lime
0.20 2 jalapeno peppers

I live in a city in Ohio. There is no market with prices remotely that low. And a jar of Pace salsa is $2 here.

And thanks for listing jalepeños, I somehow left those out of my ingredients list x_x

BTW I made pretzels the other day and they are god damn amaazzzziiiiinnnggggg.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 13:03 PHJF

There's always more to it then 'He hit a woman so let's make a pariah of him.'

No, there isn't. You keep it up and I'll send Bud White after you.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
59. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 12:21 PHJF

It's not that easy to sell a slightly better toolset all over again, since a ton of people will just stay on the old version, especially on the PC where all the mods have already made Minecraft a hundred times better than anything MS can cook up.

Obviously you've never heard of The Sims.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:34 PHJF

Cooking from scratch can actually get stupid expensive. I've made relatively simple dishes that easily end up with a food cost rivaling the price of a meal at a restaurant. I use a simple salsa recipe (roma tomato, green onion, garlic, salt, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce) that costs significantly more than simply buying a jar of Pace.  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
43. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:22 PHJF

It would be interesting to see what a Minecraft would look like with heaps of money thrown at it. As a concept, I like it. As a perpetually unfinished and ugly product without objective, I have no interest in actually playing it.  

9048 Comments. 453 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo