Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8949 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 11:25 PHJF

The only bad thing about building my PC is that my (now ancient) Antec 900 case is just too damn small for the latest components. It was never that spacious to begin with, but installing anything now is like trying to pack an elephant into a Porsche, and I'm too cheap to get a new case when this one still does the job.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 12:29 PHJF

Armchair scientist strikes again!

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

Low-mineral
water markedly: 1.) increased diuresis (almost by 20%, on average), body water volume, and
serum sodium concentrations, 2.) decreased serum potassium concentration, and 3.) increased the
elimination of sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and magnesium ions from the body.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 08:37 PHJF

Except for the boss fight, the whole first area was pretty easy for me. Jahar has ice elemental now, and one of my PCs can call either spider or fire elemental. It seems enemies prefer targeting whatever is closest (which is usually my summons) rather than actually doing something intelligent like, say, filling my poor mage's face with arrows.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 12:45 PHJF

Developers that work their asses off for two years solid probably don't come into the the office release day saying, "Well, let's get some quality DLC out ASAP!" So the DLC is left to a third party who either can't match the quality or consistency of the initial product.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 08:00 PHJF

I wouldn't recommend Divinity II. While not bad per se, it is fairly repetitive and uninspired. Dungeons are the worst kind of awful, the castle attack missions are tedious after the first, and combat is very bland. The game lacks the charm of its predecessor and instead charts a course for the mainstream.

Beyond Divinity is an atrocious game best forgotten.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2014, 21:21 PHJF

Seems when the entire game is won by a single score at the very end, it does seem more luck than skill.

Did you see the goal? Nothing lucky about it.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 10:31 PHJF

union-ized and un-ionized?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 13:31 PHJF

It isn't meaningful to me until it impacts gameplay, and I don't find 30fps to impact gameplay to me.

There is an enormously evident difference between 30 and 60 when playing a video game, especially in any game requiring shooting or driving, or some other mechanism highly dependent on user input and timing. The faster the screen is updated, the faster the user can make his inputs accurately and on time.

Take a game normally played at 60FPS and lock it to 30 and tell me you can't notice anything off.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2014, 20:58 PHJF

I've seen that show, like a year or two ago.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 20:21 PHJF

Back from the beach whereupon I read:

Margaret Atwood - Handmaid's Tale
China Mieville - Embassytown
Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere

I'll take something from Gaiman over Zelazny any day. Amber was so god damn tedious.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 30, 2014, 07:32 PHJF

4K must be all over the place, else why would it be all over the walls at the World Cup?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 13:06 PHJF

15% off DayZ?!?!?!

I'LL TAKE A MILLION

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 09:45 PHJF

They probably realized all their things that made single player missions work (well, heavy scripting, anyways) wouldn't work with four people in a sprawling environment unless they instanced, so they said, "fuck it."  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 19:04 PHJF

I'd be happy if it ran at even 30FPS on my (fairly capable) PC. As it stands there are specific areas where the frame rate just fucking nosedives (bridge in act 3 being the worst offender).  

News Comments > Diablo III to "Heal" Broken Achievements
14. Re: Diablo III to Jun 11, 2014, 17:15 PHJF

The biggest joke of all?

I can't play today. Disconnecting 5-15 minutes after starting any game. But, hey, at least somebody gets their achievements, right? Maybe there should be one for reaching 10,000 disconnects.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 14:50 PHJF

You know those computerized soda machines showing up at places like Burger King?

But that would require I go to a Burger King. The only fast food I eat anymore is Chipotle...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 11:30 PHJF

I can't drink diet versions of beverages I grew up consuming the regular versions of, but I've found some palatable diet drinks. Cherry 7up and cherry pepsi are my favorites.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
16. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 10, 2014, 23:55 PHJF

While it was certainly lame entering/exiting games until a particular bounty target showed up, this doesn't sound like a good solution. Rifts are boring. Until they make them less so, any option for play besides rifting is a good thing. Just doing bounties doesn't provide reward enough to compete with rifting.

For the record, this is more or less the only game I've been playing for the past couple of months. I like bumping into other players and seeing them do crazy shit, checking their gear, and then telling myself I've got to find whatever it is they're wearing.

The patch notes also said, "We know the monk sucks, we plan on making him not suck in the near future." I'm glad they finally noticed.

News Comments > Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced
9. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 8, 2014, 08:23 PHJF

One of Pinball FX2's tables *is* a psuedo RPG. Monster battling, loot, and leveling up.

Also, this game looks awful. Makes me think of that ill-fated Unreal-engine title of yesteryear, Adventure Pinball.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
7. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers Jun 5, 2014, 18:36 PHJF

Been using DualShock 4 for months. With wireless.

Does XB1 pad really have so little appreciation that nobody has it working on PC?

8949 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo