Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8838 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
39. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 15:29 PHJF

The 970 is incredible...I find it mind-blowing that many review sites are saying "yeah it's good" or "not bad!"...what are they smoking?

GPU is only as useful as the games (or present lack thereof) it renders.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
23. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 15:24 PHJF

Well I haven't heard any stories yet of Wasteland 2 raping mothers and murdering children, which is pretty much all I need to know before buying it.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
17. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 18, 2014, 22:00 PHJF

In other news, the FFXV trailer is actually pretty interesting. Then again, FFXIII trailers were interesting, and look how that turned out.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 11:50 PHJF

To be fair, this barely qualifies as an article. Looks more like the work of some intern than a full story.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 22:22 PHJF

Sure hope the party size is bigger than 2.  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
33. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 18:32 PHJF

But it comes with a "Cable for Windows".

That could mean anything!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 17:44 PHJF

Let me reiterate, I have been lurking here for 10 or so years... Blues has a Forum? Isn't every news post a new forum topic, essentially?

Because the front page shows two days worth of news. Most Comment discussions only last as long as the article is on the front page. The forums proper exist on the off chance somebody wants a longer discussion. That being said, I don't know if I've ever actually used the forums proper.

31. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 17:40 PHJF

Huh.. I had exactly 1 wireless device ever, that was a mouse. It ran out of battery always in the worst situations. And it was heavy as fuck. Wired all the way. Not to mention that there is no decent way to connect a high tickrate USB device wireless.

The mouse and keyboard never venture beyond my desk. The gamepad is *never on my desk*.

This sounds like a bunch of idiots at MS still think PC gaming exclusively means huddling over a desk in front of a little screen.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
43. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 14:27 PHJF

The cost of an ereader spread over the hundreds of ebooks I own (all free of DRM, all backed up, and all bought at low prices) is negligible. The future of media is digital, how do you think books are somehow going to weather the storm? "But I like the smell of it" isn't going to cut it. If anything, books are even worse off than other media because an ebook is generally between 500KB and 5MB.

Dead battery. Broken device, either physically (whoops, dropped it and cracked the screen) or via software (whoops, update bricked the machine). Publisher revokes access to eBook for any reason or goes out of business or DRM server dies, whoops you can't read it anymore (yes you can turn off Wi-Fi but that also cuts you off from getting more books). Can't easily lend a book to a friend. Hope you remember your password, or your account isn't hacked.

So I take it you don't have a Steam account?

34. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 13:40 PHJF

Oh you mean like the telephone, or the TV set? Maybe like the desktop computer?

No... I mean like the radio. There is no "next gen" phone or TV. Print books are in every possible way inferior to ebooks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 13:31 PHJF

My old setup was arrow keys-based. end=jump, middlemouse=aim, RMB=crouch, Ctrl=reload, enter=use. I played a lot of Counter-Strike like that before forcing myself over to wasd. Now the only nonstandard thing I do is f=use.

It's a flight sim / space sim thing.

Been enjoying that great surfeit of flight and space sims over the past decade, eh?

19. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 13:18 PHJF

Not wireless? Is this a joke? KNOW WHAT'S GOT BLUETOOTH? MY DS4.  

30. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 08:58 PHJF

As far as I'm concerned, print books are dead. In one or two more generations they'll become nothing more than a novelty.  

27. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 08:37 PHJF

Amazon wants the price for most ebooks to be around $10; they've said as much in plain English. They've declared this the best price point for a) sales numbers and b) revenue. Of course they are going to take a loss for the time being, they are trying to prove a point. As soon as shitheads like Hachette get the message and stop trying to sell ebooks for $25, Amazon won't have to undercut.

This currently benefits the consumer, but once they eliminate ALL competition guess who gets to pick up the bill....

There is no physical good for Amazon to have complete distributive control over. At the first sign of unjust ebook price hikes, somebody else will come in to distribute. There are no huge gears of commerce which need to be reconfigured to swing control away from Amazon.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 16, 2014, 20:53 PHJF

If an elevator opens and Sub Zero is inside... take the stairs.

If an elevator opens and Kitana is inside...

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 15, 2014, 22:32 PHJF

I'd been using a hard-surface pad for a while and traded it in for a simple classic cloth pad. Now my mouse trips up when it encounters (the hopelessly inevitable) dog hair on the pad.  

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
31. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 11:46 PHJF

There are only a handful of potential buyers with the resources to grow Minecraft on a scale that it deserves. We’ve worked closely with Microsoft since 2012, and have been impressed by their continued dedication to our game and its development. We’re confident that Minecraft will continue to grow in an awesome way.

What a load of horse shit. Microsoft has done absolutely nothing beneficial to the video games consumer in a decade. Shitty hardware, shitty monetization, and the shitty destruction of so many quality franchises. Obviously my bias from gaming mostly on PC (which everyone knows MS took a massive shit on) is a factor, but still: short of EA having the reigns, I can't think of a worse home for Minecraft.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
29. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 14, 2014, 07:30 PHJF

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 23:21 PHJF

Can't make this stuff up.

Oman [developer] 9 hours ago
We would have loved to add mouse support to the menu but we reached a point in the project where it was either going to be modding support or adding features such as mouse support in the menus. We chose modding.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 22:28 PHJF

So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."  

8838 Comments. 442 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo