Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8757 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 10:47 PHJF

I've got a TiVo here with Time Warner providing, and I'm not a big fan. TiVo itself is pretty slow (and this is a newer model), and while I'm not sure if it's TiVo or the cable box, channels just present black screens sometimes until the TiVo is rebooted... which takes like ten minutes. The only thing I like about it is it doubles as a streaming box very easily.

Also, On Demand stations simply don't work.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 10:00 PHJF

I remember him demoing Spore, or as I like to call it, the reason I can't get hyped about anything ever again.  

News Comments > Into the Black
34. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 09:58 PHJF

He's with Cuba Gooding Jr. now...  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
19. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 09:51 PHJF

Guess I'm the only person who thought weapon degradation added to the game? The preferred way of handling combat, at least through the early game, was to avoid it. Once you got your weapon and repair skills up, degradation became pretty much a non issue.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2014, 18:20 PHJF

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 10:41:
Not sure how I missed them - kind of odd, but fired up the Avernum series last night, having a blast. Usually not a fan of turned base combat, but so far I am enjoying myself.

For the longest time I disregarded them for their, ahem, "retro" presentation... but I started Escape From the Pit a couple years ago and was immediately hooked.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 18:15 PHJF

I know it sounds crazy, but every organic, unpredictable, adrenaline-pumping encounter with other people you have in that game, makes the previous couple hours of running around doing next to nothing SO WORTH IT. There's nothing else like it, period. That's why it's popular.

I get that from invasions in Dark Souls. It helps that Dark Souls doesn't, you know, suck ass like DayZ.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 11:55 PHJF

Blue is *supposed* to have lizards. Or at the very least, *a* lizard.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 10:36 PHJF

Why haven't you posted any pictures regarding whimsical new household lizards yet? I'm on the edge of my seat.  

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
33. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 7, 2014, 09:08 PHJF

I'm sorry, but the only reasonable explanation is that this was a deliberate attempt to mislead consumers. There was a game called Colin McRae Rally released in 1998. *This* game is called Colin McRae Rally.

Only a complete moron would release a game with the exact same title as another and not expect confusion.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 09:52 PHJF

Guardians is for all intents and purposes The Avengers by another name. I found both Guardians and Avengers mediocre at best.

I was digging through my PS3 games and stumbled upon Tales of Xillia. Having no recollection of purchasing it, I vaguely recalled playing a bit and being bored in the extreme. Then I skipped on to Ni no Kuni and decided to play that again, instead. A really remarkable game not garnering a quarter as much notice from gamers as it deserves, and an extraordinary cooperative effort between Level 5 and Studio Ghibli.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 11:31 PHJF

I like the TV ads for a magical towel that you soak in water and then wrap around your head. It magically cools down the wearer. With magic. Also, water.  

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2014, 07:37 PHJF

Jesus you people are weird. I have real nightmares, like consistently dreaming I'm back in school again...  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 22:17 PHJF

I have read a couple of reviews for D:OS which state that the game is solid for like the first third of the story, but then the rest just feels like filler, like they didn't have the time to really polish the whole thing, so they just polished far enough to get themselves some good reviews.

This is immensely true. The first area includes some small dungeons, a smattering of things to see/do on the moderately sized overland map, and a modest town with varied NPCs and buildings and whatnot.

The second area's "town" is about three buildings, one of which has every skill trainer and shop sitting in exactly the same spot, and none of those characters speak more than one line. It's like a way station in an MMO.

Regardless, you should play it if you are a fan of CRPG. There's been a huge dearth of them so it's best to take what you can get.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 17:44 PHJF

DOS is a top notch RPG that deserves the success it is receiving.

It's a pretty good RPG whose success can be largely attributed to its filling a gaping whole in recent video gaming.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 19:58 PHJF

nin wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:03:
Just got back from Guardians and have to say I'm pretty impressed. Heck of a first outing. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Complete opposite. The humor was juvenile, the plot beyond paper thin, and the action was... your typical CGI sploogefest.

Critics are getting way way wayyyyyy too complacent with Marvel movies.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 10:10 PHJF

I think it would be fun to try that again, but on Monday I think we'll end up playing something with a little more action.

Like, say, Payday 2?

Anyways it sounds like the game you are envisioning is Monaco.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 07:59 PHJF

Now I see this shit again. All the flashy shit remind me of MMOs, which I definitely don't want to be reminder of when playing a singleplayer game. And what's with the tactical view, really?! When I move my mouse, I don't expect the entire world to move instead of my cursor. What crazy dude decided to make the cursor some sort of unmovable centerpiece while we drag the camera around like we're in a freaking hovercraft!?

Well if those little UI labels were any indication I'd say this was console footage...

Having not followed this game at all, this looks pretty good.

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
1. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 09:28 PHJF

Are we crazy? Are we doing it wrong? Should every person in the company be working on the same thing? Should HBO make one TV show at a time? Should Warner Brothers make one movie at a time?

I'm just gonna stop there at the guy comparing his podunk studio to the most highly lauded TV network and a film studio that's been around for a century.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 27, 2014, 23:43 PHJF

Fantastic combat system? Non-mage classes stop gaining new skills after 13-15, and what few skills they have are either useless or redundant.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 12:14 PHJF

Wow I had no idea it was also a last-gen game. I figured Destiny was supposed to be a poster child for the new hardware. But it looks like I'm not playing the beta anyways.

The only requirement will be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription, depending upon your console of choice.

8757 Comments. 438 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo