Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9096 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
34. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 13:06 PHJF

The problem with tech demos is they have no scope. It's all fine and good making a perfect-looking five minute animation, but good luck developing a forty-hour RPG that looks like that.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: Why Video Games Matter - NPR Apr 29, 2015, 18:45 PHJF

Joel was doing the right thing for the wrong reasons - his internalized guilt/grief over his daughters death manifesting in a familial bond with Ellie.

He was being a selfish dick, too sorry for himself to reconcile losing his daughter and opting to forsake a potentially better future for humanity. The choice wasn't his to make, hence the last scene of the game; Ellie would have sacrificed herself. She spent the entire game pining for the childhood she never had.

News Comments > Hatred in June
33. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 18:34 PHJF

Just look at the Youtube comments. You've got people calling for the ability to kill Jews, kill children, kill "islamists and homosexuals", kill war veterans, the elderly, pregnant women, people want a Ferguson mod so they can kill black people.

And therein lies the true power of Hatred: it unifies people of all walks of life! No discrimination, just kill everyone!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Star Citizen... Apr 26, 2015, 14:59 PHJF

Dog two houses over barks his god damn head off all the time and is named Angel, to boot.  

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
5. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 14:32 PHJF

Game devs/publishers can ban players from online servers for any reason whatsoever. Virtually every online game includes this explicit clause in the fine print, on the box, and when signing up for accounts.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 24, 2015, 23:16 PHJF

It was down to $40 on consoles two weeks after release.  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
50. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 16:09 PHJF

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:04:
Early access mods!

A pox on your house.

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
17. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 11:37 PHJF

Social Club is DRM  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
25. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 23:41 PHJF

Besides, if you need the carrot on a stick approach of constant level ups to keep you interested in a game, then maybe you should reconsider why you're playing it in the first place.

Well I'm not playing PoE for its perfectly forgettable story, bland NPCs or its stock high fantasy setting. I play mostly for combat, which is kept a lot more interesting via continual character progression.

15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 16:02 PHJF

Man, what on earth did you do? I'm almost at Twin Elms and I just made level 9...

Aside from doing all quests/tasks I came upon (and I'm sure I didn't find them all), the Warden Bounties give a metric fuckton of XP.

6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 12:16 PHJF

Seems more like a case of reach exceeding grasp. Pillars at least has a lot fewer core problems than Wasteland, a game which was most definitely not ready at release.  

3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 10:45 PHJF

I *really* dislike hitting a level cap before I finish a game, and I hit it before even entering Twin Elms. I just lose all motivation to do stuff when I don't see my party improve as a result.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 14:50 PHJF

The dog has a very limited intelligence and I just don't see it inventing things, building things or coming up with insights that could improve human existence

Yeah because every person on the planet is attempting to "improve human existence"...

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 11, 2015, 00:08 PHJF

I still haven't found a rogue companion, and the only acceptable melee character I have is still Eder. There's a serious imbalance in the layout of the companions. I started on Hard/Expert with a wizard, and of course the first guy I run into is... a wizard. At a party level of 7 Eder remains the sole reason I survive most engagements.

I've been really bummed out with how boring spells are. Getting a new spell level in D&D was such a huge event, and here it barely registers.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 8, 2015, 10:51 PHJF

Having finished Bloodborne, I finally sunk my teeth into Pillars on Hard/Expert. Not having a visible AoE for my wizards is a serious pain in the dick when it seems every damage spell is a fucking cone.

The great thing is I have walked into rooms, surveyed the potential enemies within, and declined to combat (looking at you, Raedric). I like to see a game that doesn't hand victory to the player on silver platters.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 7, 2015, 13:20 PHJF

See I don't have a problem with that and I wouldn't call it illegal. Countries have spies. They have spy organizations. They spy on other countries. That's what they do. I'm glad the US does it.

Except many of the target nations are allies of The States, with one of America's most intrusive surveillance systems being in place in the EU.

News Comments > Square Enix Reveal Progress
11. Re: Square Enix Reveal Progress Apr 7, 2015, 13:07 PHJF

Any advertising campaign including hashtag(s) is by definition juvenile, as twitter has long since become the latest battleground upon which corporate goons and out-of-touch mouthpieces painfully petition the 18-29 demo for acknowledgement.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 10:43 PHJF

What did the iPad kill again?

Video games as we knew them.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
49. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 22:41 PHJF

Ciphers start combat at 50% focus. Greater Focus adds +10 to your MAX focus.  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 19:40 PHJF

Nobody cares if the joke is or was offensive. I sort of care that a content creator changed their product to avoid offending a tiny amount of little whiners. I seriously doubt their bottom line would have been affected had they ignored the moral outrage. One would think in this post South Park era people would finally understand that being offended does not mean being victimized.

Furthermore, I leave you with this, which I'm sure you want stricken from historical record. Why don't you get started by writing your Congressman. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

9096 Comments. 455 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo