Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8949 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 4, 2014, 14:01 PHJF

How was "The Fappening" not #1 search?!

RECOUNT!

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Release Dates; Trailer
2. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Release Dates; Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 11:49 PHJF

It was $10 at GMG yesterday or the day before.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 11:55 PHJF

Just picked a new Crucial 480GB SSD for $170... paid $180 for a 240GB a year ago.

Man alive did I need another SSD, game sizes are fucking absurd now. Shadow of Mordor? 47GB. Evil Within? 38GB. Alien? 35GB. I've got all of a half dozen titles installed and I've been scrambling to find space for new ones.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 13:29 PHJF

Alien and Evil Within are cheaper at GMG ($20 and $25, respectively)  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 25, 2014, 23:29 PHJF

Pigeon wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 22:55:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 21:27:
Also glad they didn't reveal the dino in the trailer. I'm imagining it as a T-Rex with Alien claws and Jeff Goldblum's head.

Dear God!

As long as he is not watching me poop...

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2014, 22:56 PHJF

They've still consistently been the first place to discount new release titles. Alien, Call of Duty, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Beyond Earth...  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 20:00 PHJF

Yeah, I see stories all the time of young children who don't know any better stumbling upon their parents' insurance paperwork in the closet and accidentally insuring themselves or their little friends in the face. Irresponsible insurance owners ought to be locked up.  

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
14. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 14:21 PHJF

There's every indication The Crew is a bad game, so I don't think anyone cares one way or the other.

CARS has the added benefit of being developed by the NFS: Shift team. Without the malevolent forces of EA at their heel, I can't imagine them making a game any less as good as their solid previous efforts.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
35. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 25, 2014, 00:12 PHJF

A controversy over conduct unbecoming a pro gamer...

Does this mean esports are real now?!?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2014, 16:22 PHJF

You don't want to hate the company already proven to have colluded to fix prices on LCDs and more recently SIM cards? The company that bribed members of the South Korean government? The company with a top executive convicted of tax evasion?

nvidia ain't exactly saints as far as fair business practices and pricing go, but Samsung is cream of the crop when it comes to shady dealings.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 23:26 PHJF

I turn around and it's some of those bird things charging at me. They nearly killed me and blew my stealth. After that I went out of my way to run over or kill every one I saw.

EMERGENT GAMEPLAY! WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
26. Re: Alienware's Nov 22, 2014, 00:50 PHJF

What's the point? People concerned with "the east of a console" will just play games on a console. And it isn't like there's this huge selection of PC exclusives that console gamers have been dying to play.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 15:02 PHJF

That chassis I ordered from Newegg yesterday morning, with standard shipping, is being delivered tonight. It in fact shipped from their new distribution center in Indianapolis, a scant two hour drive from me. And here I was looking forward to a restless week of impatiently tracking my order's progress from California.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 13:31 PHJF

How about treating yourself to a shiny new Vette? Makes for a great winter car, surely!  

News Comments > New Steam Early Access Guidelines
1. Re: New Steam Early Access Guidelines Nov 20, 2014, 20:05 PHJF

How about stop running frontpage sale events on early access titles. Case in point: TODAY'S SALE - Craft the World. It's Terraria! Meets Dungeon Keeper! Meets Dwarf Fortress!

/clicks link

OH BY THE WAY IT AIN'T FUCKIN FINISHED. MADE YAH LOOK, IDIOT

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 13:54 PHJF

How can a case "die"? No, it's perfectly fine, I just want a new one. It was never a large case to begin with, and my last upgrades really pushed it into "this is ridiculous" territory. Also, dust.

The one thing that annoyed me most was its completely inexplicable lack of a speaker. That heartwarming beep-boop from a freshly awakened PC has been gone these many years, its absence the center of a blackness, a void, a beacon of despair, slowly and yet inexorably encroaching beyond its humble confines within The Chassis to permeate the whole of existence itself. My every hour next to The Chassis a trial of pain and suffering, a constant test of that most primal need to endure, to survive, and a constant reminder of the little death where once there was life, such joyous life. Could I have bought a 3rd party speaker for $3 and used that instead? Sure. But I never did.

Actually, the first thing I looked into changing was getting one of those fancy pantsy G-Sync displays, but they are all ridiculously overpriced and undersized. I'm starting to have trouble keeping bells and whistles on while maintaining 60FPS, and gsync sounded like a much better alternative to yearly GPU upgrades.

Beautiful case, but will it solve your dust problem?

I'd certainly think so, all the intakes have filters.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 12:11 PHJF

Time to retire my Antec 900 after many years of admirable (if dusty) service. The winner is... the CM Storm Stryker!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2014, 12:15 PHJF

Controversial sex? What, like between a man and a horned owl?

Because that was completely consensual.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
51. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 11:01 PHJF

It always amazes me how people have the gull to complain about a game on the official forums after they pirated a game.

Hey if pirates want to do QA pro bono, they can have at it. We all know publishers aren't footing the bill and doing it themselves anymore.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 22:23 PHJF

Got nothing to do with being pirated. Significant bugs/lack of FOV were in release code of game. The day-one patch is basically mandatory and is the reason there was no prerelease review code for the PC version.

And according to TPB, the day-one patch was still released to pirates before Far Cry 4 even went live today.

8949 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo