Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8949 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 15:17 PHJF

Edge of Tomorrow had a weird name and not great marketing,

Think that's the core of the issue. Awful movies with heavy-handed marketing can bring in buku cash. Great movies with bad marketing almost never do well. Star Power is essentially dead as far as Hollywood goes. Edge of Tomorrow distributor thought having Cruise on a poster would sell their movie.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 2, 2014, 13:57 PHJF

SlimRam wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:57:
Um, has anyone seen the real pictures yet? I might have casually looked for say, 12 to 14 hours yesterday but I wasn't able to find any that were real. There were plenty of disturbing, filthy, and disgusting, fakes that I had to subject myself to, dammit, to no avail. I was just hoping if someone could tell me if they were tasteful, yet double self fisting was involved?

It's like a unicorn, man. You spend your whole life wishing to see it and when you do it's just a stupid horse with a stupid horn on its face. Some things are better left to the imagination.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:51 PHJF

Apple should really work this incident into future marketing campaigns.  

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
17. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 13:44 PHJF

Desalus wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:07:
PHJF wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
Stop your fucking bitching, this is the fucking internet. Politically Correct exists on an admin-by-admin basis, and you've no right or reason to expect succor from ANYONE.

This is exactly the response I was expecting... "How fucking dare you expect people to behave respectfully on the internet! Why don't you go fuck yourself!"

In my opinion the community would be a much better place without the threats of violence, harm, hateful, and harassing speech. I'm not sure what reason there is to get so irate about people taking a stand against it.

The internet is not a community. The internet is a system of communities. If one doesn't like a community, one need only find another.

Hateful and harassing speech are a time-honored aspect of internet living and anybody shedding tears over it needs to grow up or go find a happy little bubble on some forgotten corner of the web to hide in. Sticks and stones may break bones but trolling is easy enough to ignore.

And as for threats of violence and harm, are you serious? As if there is a rash of instances of people enraging one another on forums, getting in their cars, finding and physically assaulting each other?

I'm not sure what reason there is to get so irate about people taking a stand against it.

Because they're idiots and may as well be taking a stand against grass being green.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 10:50 PHJF

Yes surprisingly Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good which is odd for a Tom Cruise movie.

Odd how? Odd if you don't like good movies?

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
1. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 09:55 PHJF

Stop your fucking bitching, this is the fucking internet. Politically Correct exists on an admin-by-admin basis, and you've no right or reason to expect succor from ANYONE.  

News Comments > RAYA Sound Engine
6. Re: RAYA Sound Engine Sep 2, 2014, 09:45 PHJF

Bollocks, I'd rather have accurate audio than better visuals, especially since for the past years graphics have seen next to no new features added. What was the last big thing, tessellation?

This is absolutely necessary to making stuff like Rift truly revolutionary products. I want to be able to close my eyes in any given game and still feel IN THE GAME.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 2, 2014, 09:36 PHJF

At least constant smoking easily tells me whether somebody should be avoided or not. Such an entirely indefensible habit.  

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
15. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Sep 1, 2014, 10:02 PHJF

IWD2 is AD&D3 and doesn't have THAC0.

Icewind Dales are the perfect candidates for replaying as you have full parties of entirely player-created characters. I've been through either game at least a half dozen times by now. They aren't remembered as favorably as other D&D titles because they lack NPCs like Morte or Minsc, but as far as combat goes they were second to none.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 30, 2014, 10:22 PHJF

I was under the impression the orcs were bred to be mindless soldiers of Mordor. Goblins, on the other hand, seem open to free thinking.  

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
15. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 21:06 PHJF

Greenish wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:17:
So I don't get the hate for Titanfall here, is it because it's Xbox One/PC exclusive?

Origin, here. I'd love to play the game.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 20:04 PHJF

Speaking to the less hand holding, I think a big reason Dark Souls is popular is simply its difficulty. I've been playing DS2 again, completely solo this time, and dying 10 or so times before finally being able to beat some of the bosses. The subsequent feeling of relief/accomplishment is just wholly absent from every other game, and yet games of the NES era thrived on it. I can go back to Mega Man or Castlevania and they will *still* kick my ass, after all these years.  

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Aug 28, 2014, 13:59 PHJF

No I actually like glasses, but I need better vision for work.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 12:18 PHJF

Krovven wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:09:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:31:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:25:
  • 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor
  • Umm...yeah, saw this on the local news last night. Sooo is there any lesson to be learned here about letting a 9-year-old fire an UZI? Well of course. The instructor should have started her out with something like maybe just a 50 cal Desert Eagle, just for learning purposes THEN move her over to something like a fully automatic AK 47 THEN finally teach the 9 year old child how to control a fully automatic UZI. I believe the hand grenade and rocket launcher handling was supposed to be at the end of the day...

THIS is the ideal gun for newbies, especially little kids.

Anyway, I have zero sympathy for the guy (I do feel sorry for the girl, though.) DON'T LET CHILDREN FUCKING FIRE FULL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.

Pretty fucked up that kids as young as 8 can legally use firearms. They can't drive until they are 16, drink until they are 21...but hey let's put a full auto Uzi in their hands and see what happens. Fucked up society.

Well there is an obvious order to this system. First you master firing your weapon, THEN you master firing while driving your vehicle, THEN you master firing while driving your vehicle while drunk off your ass. If you don't embed drive-by-shooting skills deep into muscle memory then they'll all go out the window as soon as you add alcohol to the mix.

News Comments > Into the Black
    12. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2014, 09:28 PHJF

Hey I'm having Lasik tomorrow, where's my outpouring of support??? I'm going to have to use eye drops for months! MONTHS!  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
    22. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 09:27 PHJF

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 09:17:
    The console versions being offline and supporting trading is a real kick in the teeth to PC users, not sure why they haven't backported those changes. Duping isn't a real concern anymore thanks to them tightening up the netcode and there is no more open battle.net to worry about.

There really is no excuse at this point other than laziness on Blizzard's part. Maybe they don't want to open up modding/player-run servers.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
    7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 14:45 PHJF

Playing again on PC after a couple runs months ago on PS3. Got an ENB filter going and shit the game looks and runs 10x better. Now if only I could squash the semi-frequent CTDs I get when warping to bonfires...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 11:31 PHJF

Can't believe your coop sessions have only now gotten to L4D2. What the hell were you playing besides Borderlands?  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
    1. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 11:29 PHJF

About fucking time. I guess my assumption this would launch with RoS Console was pretty damn close, and was probably their original plan.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
    23. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 22:15 PHJF

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 20:03:
    HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:52:
    eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:39:
    My first impression is gonna decide everything (for me) with this tech.

One shot? I'll treat it like anything else, yes it has to be good, if it isn't but then something else is or it is improved, so be it. Good enough for me.

Well, it really depends on whether it's 100% immersive or not.. of course I am not going to discount the entire tech, but besides OR there isn't really a lot of comparable hardware coming. So if this fails it's not gonna be something I would be very happy about when I would buy the CV1.. maybe I should wait for the revision of that? Sigh... can't decide.

I hope I can test it somewhere close-by

http://avegant.com/

8949 Comments. 448 pages. Viewing page 10.
    < Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo