Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9460 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 19:56 PHJF

The US can make him disappear in Russia if they really wanted to

They absolutely cannot. Putin would go apeshit.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Misc. Oct 7, 2015, 15:32 PHJF

Hey nin, you heard Chelsea Wolfe?

Much nin vibe in some of those.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 7, 2015, 10:42 PHJF

You have to have an FOB to get high enough staff levels to research everything in the game. You can't upgrade the FOB while offline. The instant you log online, you may be hit by accumulated penalties from FOB invasions.

The only way to circumvent this is to play up to the point where the game tries to force you to do a training FOB invasion, and to disconnect the game, and to then do this every time you return to your chopper. And even if you do firewall the game's executable, the game still forces you online periodically or it won't start.

It's really the worst game system ever created. It might not be so bad if there were some kind of benefit from engaging in it, but as it stands you can max your research levels easily without resorting to stealing soldiers of another player.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 10:34 PHJF

It's a big world and there are other, better places to be, Ed.

And they'd all extradite him. Why do you think he is in Russia.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
27. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 21:04 PHJF

How could anyone forget Computer Gaming World "Coaster of the Year" winner Trespasser? Then again, I wouldn't even trust that game's disc to hold my beverages.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 17:09 PHJF

I'm sure Adblock Plus could. Most of the other ones though? They literally have no monetary product, so what is their value, really?

Just spitballing here, but the millions of dollars in advertising that wasn't seen because of millions of adblocked browsers? I've had AdBlock enabled, on every web page, since its inception. What's the value of all that lost advertising?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 12:24 PHJF

They don't need microtransactions, they are going to have macrotransactions. $10 for a new map, sign me up!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 12:12 PHJF

I don't think the world mass(es) of Witcher 3 were terribly large; they were just chock full of crap to do. You couldn't travel sixty seconds down any road before running into one task or another. Takes the wind out of the sails as far as exploration, quite literally in the latter half of the game.

But there's a marked difference between creating a believable world of meandering hills and hamlets and a futuristic cityscape.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2015, 21:26 PHJF

Yeah I saw TotalBiscuit playing Vermintide and he said pretty much the same thing. Looks fun. But does it have a VS mode?  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
30. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 10:52 PHJF

You know who likes to threaten people with lawsuits?

Derek Smart.

DEREK SMART IS CHRIST ROBERTS

/mindblown

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
21. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 10:36 PHJF

Sooooo who would be paying for this proposed lawsuit? He can't seriously be considering using Star Citizen funds to mount a lawsuit.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
11. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 15:13 PHJF

Notch was on Craig's show a while ago. Between ESPN and this and Conan's bits it seems maybe mainstream media is finally accepting the the ever-growing demographic of video games enthusiasts as actual consumers and not prepubescent children.

And No Man's Sky will have to try pretty hard to have less depth to it than Elite.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 17:56 PHJF

Man fuck a bunch of RedLetterMedia, where the shit is my Plinkett Reviews?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 17:54 PHJF

You are probably going to want to replace your Rift immediately every time a newer, lighter, more comfy model with massive boosts in image quality, clarity, sharpness, resolution etc. comes out.

They've already gone through this with the DKs, and Rift capability is limited more so by the games and systems behind it.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 12:31 PHJF

As long as every single Marvel movie makes bank, every single movie is going to be a Marvel movie.

It's hard to argue for original content when franchises like Harry Potter and Hunger Games and LOTR show up and erect little money printing factories. If you're going to risk a huge budget, may as well be on something with enduring profitability.

And you're forgetting about where the *real* movie from the money is made... MERCHANDISING!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:16 PHJF

I don't know how you can say it's overpriced. I spent $380 on my now-ancient 22" monitor (that I've been itching to replace, but not with another shit LCD screen). I'm hoping a Rift can become my defacto gaming screen, assuming it takes off. And it if works, it's a peripheral, not something you need to upgrade every odd year.  

News Comments > A.I. Invasion Invades
3. Re: A.I. Invasion Invades Oct 1, 2015, 13:54 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 13:11:
I was just complaining last month that there weren't very many sci-fi Diablos. This kind of fits the bill.

Restricted Area. Good god, what an awful game.

And Space Siege! UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

News Comments > NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming
12. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Oct 1, 2015, 00:19 PHJF

I see what they're going for here: play PC level graphics on your tablet-like Shield. Thing is, you pay a monthly fee and pay for games on top of that, probably at retail prices. Not very enticing. Also, I wonder what those 50 games are.

They have a list of the launch titles. They are mostly older games that are included in the monthly fee, but some of them and others that are "coming soon" have a purchase price on top of the monthly fee, which is a huge can of worms. They list Witcher 3 as $60. Mad Max is "coming soon" for $60. Who the fuck is going to pay WELL over retail to RENT a game? I lapse on my $8 payments and totally lose access to the $60 game, or what?

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
29. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 10:31 PHJF

What are people supposed to do with a research ship?

Perform complex research on human subjects to ascertain and assign a quantifiable "rube" value.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December
4. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 17:50 PHJF

The fuck has Chris Sawyer been doing all this time, anyways?

This looks way more like RCT than RCT3 (which I like to pretend doesn't exist).

9460 Comments. 473 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo