Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8641 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 10, 2012, 21:17 PHJF

What's better, this or MWLL?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 22:17 PHJF

Right click game in Library
Properties
Updates
Do Not Automatically Update This Game

Couldn't tell you if it works, but there it is...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: GameMaker exec: Oct 5, 2012, 17:19 PHJF

FIFA actually *did* get pretty fundamental changes to things like AI, ball control, and tackling. It's why FIFA is currently destroying Pro Evo.

It's a lot harder for EA to pull their usual shit with a game like FIFA that has massive international popularity.

26. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 14:19 PHJF

They've already removed it (entirely) from the Regal 16 here. But hey I guess I can go see fucking frankenweenie and hotel transylvania in 3D and Imax, right? Some real fucking adult cinema. Fucking kids ruin everything.  

24. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 11:40 PHJF

I've seen two Tatum movies this year, Haywire and 21 Jump, and he was fine in both. That is, fine in the acting sense, of course being a heterosexual male I cannot comment on his dashing looks or his charming... um... right.

How about those sexy ladies, right?!? Yeah!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 5, 2012, 11:35 PHJF

It's basically preying on uninformed consumers whose kids "like soccer" or something, it might be par for the course in the market but it's still bullshit that deserves to be called out IMHO.

It's EA being EA, and since when has calling them out ever stopped them, or even slowed them down? EAs entire business model is based on doing shit like this.

21. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2012, 10:42 PHJF

It's good sci-fi, and JGL does a really convincing Bruce Willis. You could do far worse for a movie.

Yeah, I also went in with incredible expectations (how can one not?). I was expecting to have my mind blown (it's time travel, after all) but the movie never even attempted it. Still a great scifi actioneer, and JGL was great as always.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 5, 2012, 10:38 PHJF

I think my problem with Skyrim is the weak writing and quest design. There are a few standouts but overall most of the quests feel so generic that the Radiant generator probably could whipped them up. I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the Guild quests, the Thieves Guild was the only real standout. It's certainly a huge game and there is a lot to explore but often times the gameplay systems and quests feel rudimentary.

None of this mattered to me, all they had to do right was the dungeons, and they came out perfect. I cleared dozens and dozens of them and with the exception of a few samey draugr locales they were all great. As far as I'm concerned they can do away entirely with all the RPG trappings (which they've never been good at anyways) and just release a dungeon crawler/loot fest (though maybe that's all the recent Borderlands talking).

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 5, 2012, 10:31 PHJF

Or they are saying who the fuck would buy this game for this piece of shit console anyways? The Dudebros, the entire consumer base for EA Sports, play 99% on a 360 and 1% on a PS3. Then again at least half of the Wii catalog is games that make me say to myself, "wow, I can't believe they did a Wii port of this. I bet it fucking blows.".  

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo
4. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo Oct 4, 2012, 22:35 PHJF

Hey this reminds me of Hostile Waters.  

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
40. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 4, 2012, 13:18 PHJF

When you take the tint away, the game looks more cartoony (because it's so colorful compared to the default), less unique, and more like every other Joe Shooting Game.

Excuse me? Adding actual colors to the game makes it look more like every other shooter?

Have you played a single shooter released in the last ten years?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2012, 01:37 PHJF

I don't use wireless myself.

I haven't in years. But even wired functionality goes to shit or dies on whatever router I've ended up getting. The last router I got was a buffalo whr-hp-g300n and it started dropping my wired connections after ~6-12 months.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 3, 2012, 21:43 PHJF

I'm not going to click anything related to Fox, but I'm assuming the story is related to Dead or Alive.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 17:44 PHJF

I've yet to meet a wifi router that didn't die like clockwork after 1-2 years. I had the famous WRT whatever from Linksys and the wifi conked out in under a year.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
73. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 2, 2012, 09:19 PHJF

Btw, if anyone's curious to know how far Goliaths can level up, I found out tonight. A level 24 Goliath finally turned into a level 28 Ultimate Badass Raging Goliath.

There's another one after that.

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind 2 Announced; Free for Owners of Original
9. Re: A Valley Without Wind 2 Announced; Free for Owners of Original Oct 1, 2012, 23:42 PHJF

One of the worst games I've ever played. Absolutely no redeeming qualities, not a single one.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 1, 2012, 12:20 PHJF

Vending machines in sanctuary and Moxxi's slots are tied to main storyline mission progress. If you are at final boss battle, Moxxi's slots are LVL30.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
17. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 12:14 PHJF

Very very very much agreed. Shit, I'll take them just going back to BL1's loot system. The loot system in BL2 just fucking sucks. What really aggravates me is the retarded "uses 3 ammo per shot." It makes shotguns basically fucking worthless, because you'll be out of ammo in a minute if you go shotgunning.

They also kill most enemies in one shot. I had a white shotgun that I used for ~5 lvls that obliterated everything. The problem is, in Borderlands 1 most ammo crates were stocked with whatever ammo you were short on, while in BL2 it is completely random. Why the fuck would I need a crate filled with assault rifle ammo when I haven't fired an assault rifle in 20 levels?

The loot really is an absolute fucking joke, though. I just finished the main boss and got... an orange grenade. The only other weapon I improved was my purple fire SMG, which went up two lvls.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 10:18 PHJF

Through what kind of fucked up prism does one have to view things to see such complex issues so simplistically black and white?

Religion?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 00:48 PHJF

Yeah but Ron Paul will give you a reacharound while he fucks you in the ass. Who else can say that?  

8641 Comments. 433 pages. Viewing page 55.
< Newer [ 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo