Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8818 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 16:33 PHJF

Riddick was very B movie, dumb summer fun rather than real, meaty science fiction. Never saw the anime/cartoon/whatever it was.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
77. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 20, 2012, 11:11 PHJF

The stupid thing is that PC gamers are what gave RS their start. The initial GTA games were pretty much PC only. And this is the reward we get.

Yes clearly Rockstar owes you, you specifically, for their good fortune and not the fifty billion PS2 owners who bought the shit out of GTA3.

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
66. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 21:48 PHJF

Only difference is now Microsoft coughs up enough dough to match, so only PC, with no single giant corporation to watch over its interests, is left out in the cold.

Or it could be that, you know, sales on either console will outsell the PC by like a million to one. PC sales are a drop in the bucket. Why would Rockstar spend time and money, however little of either is required, when they could make more console content that will drown out miniscule PC sales? When all is said and done on the consoles we may get a port. Or we may not. Maybe Rockstar is better off focusing all their considerable efforts and funds where the pastures are so much, much greener.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 16:07 PHJF

Another clueless NS2 reviewer, or was something lost in translation?

Get up close and the fight is in your favour, so as the default dog-like Lurk you scramble up walls, hide in vents, and generally try to find an angle that the marines aren't watching.

And why does he keep calling the Kharaa the "Swarm"?

27. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 15:14 PHJF

I simply don't buy something when it is an unknown. And a free weekend costs them nothing. But if the game is a year old, I won't even care about it even if it's free.

Natural Selection was a free mod for a game every PC gamer owns. Hardly an unknown.

24. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 12:53 PHJF

ASeven wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:29:
Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:26:
I actually did read the Eurogamer review. Personally, while I found it more positive I didn't necessarily find it more fair. Of course, I'm not really one to be passing judgment on NS2 since I've only played it for around 10 hours and have had only marginal fun with it in that time.

That is part of the problem, the nature of the game itself. This isn't a game you can unlock its potential in a few hours, it requires a lot of investment to unlock all its potential. That may make it a lot harder to review or enjoy it.

Furthermore the quality of any game is hugely dependent on the quality of the other players. While I've hammered away at the game fiercely and gotten modestly effective at commanding and hugely effective at every alien class (especially lerk), there are still tons of bad/inexperienced players/commanders. For every genuinely well-played game there are many more awful ones. That's the blessing/curse of a game like this. And this guy reviewed the game within hours of it being released when everybody else was as clueless/ineffective as he was. As much as I've played, I haven't run into any godlike beta testers (and never a group/team of them).

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 09:17 PHJF

Emergence was rather fun... played through it ~three times. Who can forget this (completely necessary/classy) cutscene?

15. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 09:03 PHJF

No demo, no free weekends.. it's like they don't want to sell more copies.

How dare they not have a free weekend in the three weeks since the game's release! Greedy fucks! They'll never get my $25.

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
13. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 17:33 PHJF

So (among others) a 4.5/5, a a couple of 7/10s, a 4/5, a 7.5, and 8.75 are "bargain bin"?

This is a AAA game, so... yeah.

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 17:13 PHJF

And he complained about it being tough for new players, not realizing or noticing that there are servers made for new players. I haven't played NS2 so I've got no idea how obvious the game makes it that these servers exist.

It highlights them in green on server lists and says "rookie server" in the server name, plus there is a filter to show only rookie servers.

32. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 18, 2012, 12:23 PHJF

But face it they really make garbage anyway and buyers overall are much smarter today then yesteryear on what these high sugar-carb bombs do and it adds up

hahaha!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/18/us-obesity-us-idUSBRE88H0RA20120918

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 17:24 PHJF

So we can't even get a picture of the watch from the article. And I especially loved this bit:

While no actual explosives were found, McGann was carrying potentially dangerous materials and appeared to have made alterations to his boots, which were unusually large and stuffed with layers of insoles, Nelson said.

Doctor Scholl is on the terrorist watch list!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2012, 15:05 PHJF

So, in the middle of a recession, with unemployment at an all time high, they'll go on strike for more money and better benefits,

Gee it's so hard to actually google things before opening your craw, isn't it?

Before the Chapter 11 filing in January, citing growing competition from rivals that expanded their reach over the years, the company had been contributing $100 million a year in pension costs. The new contract offer would've slashed that to $25 million a year, in addition to wage cuts and a 17% reduction in health benefits.

Tensions between management and workers were also an ongoing problem.

Hostess came under fire this year after it was revealed that nearly a dozen executives received pay hikes of up to 80% even as the company was struggling last year.

derp derp greedy workers derp derp stupid unions derp derp

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2012, 14:23 PHJF

Twinkies aren't bad, but come on, everything Little Debbie makes is better than everything Hostess makes (made?). There's absolutely no contest between Swiss Cake Rolls and Ho Hos.

edit: goddammit, now I have to go find SOME sort of pie...Thanks!

You can't wait a week for pumpkin?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2012, 10:05 PHJF

They still aren't cheap enough... in other news, you can now get 32GB of DDR3 for $110. Yeesh!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Apple grantd design patent Nov 17, 2012, 09:54 PHJF

Essentially they got a patent on a specific type of page transition, which seems pretty silly. It's like going into PowerPoint and trying to patent one of those stupid swirly slide transitions.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 20:20 PHJF

If that Guy is a chef, so was the old lady piling sloppy joes onto my tray in the third grade.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 15:30 PHJF

In a statement, Hostess said its bakery operations have been suspended at all plants and that it would lay off most of its 18,500 workers to focus on selling its assets.

Sow when do we start raiding the fallout shelters' cases of twinkies?

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
23. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 14:37 PHJF

but the pervasive attitude among hardcore gamers that anyone who buys the Call of Duty games every year are somehow less intelligent is crude.

They are less intelligent. I mean it doesn't surprise me in the least since people buy the nearly identical FIFA/Madden iterations year after year, but it clearly shows consumer stupidity. These are not new games anymore. Ever since CoD4 (and I actually LIKED CoD4) they've been releasing incremental updates at a $60 premium, and that says nothing of the ridiculously overpriced DLC inevitably shoveled out in between. I was fucking pissed when UT was gearing up for frequent iterations, but for fuck's sake at least Epic had the courtesy to make large, fundamental changes from UT-UT2K3-UT2K4-UT3.

The zombie mode is the only identifying factor here, but I somehow doubt it's worth $60.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2012, 14:30 PHJF

How many people have you known to actually drop bad habits?  

8818 Comments. 441 pages. Viewing page 54.
< Newer [ 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo