Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8636 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 09:32 PHJF

The issue I have with Maddows is how much of a hateful condescending cunt she comes off of more often than not while being smug about it.

Try being a lesbian for a while in the news media world (or anywhere else) and see if all the hate doesn't get to you, too.

Plus unlike the right wing talking heads she is actually intelligent and therefore quite justified in being condescending. On top of that, she is doing exactly what Bill O et al do, pandering to her audience. And regardless of how far MSNBC goes they will never be half as unapologetically political as Fox. They got rid of Keith and he was WAY more hostile than Maddow.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PHJF

$15 is simply too much for it, when Torchlight is $20.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 18, 2012, 07:45 PHJF

Since when is genocide acceptable practice for the leader of the free world?

VAMPIRE RIGHTS

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2012, 22:05 PHJF

You can often find patch notes in the game's forum, or at the very least a link to some place with the notes.

What was REALLY annoying was a fucking 75mb Sleeping Dogs update yesterday afternoon that sent my CPU to 100% for 15 minutes.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 17, 2012, 12:29 PHJF

4806 Kelvin is nothing to sneeze at.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 17, 2012, 12:26 PHJF

I haven't seen anything that makes it look like more than a mix of BioShock and Thief, and not half as good as either.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 17:55 PHJF

As far as over-leveling goes, it may be because I am not very good at FPS's but being over-leveled by at least 2 levels was the only way I could beat the game on Singleplayer. The final boss fights were kind of easy ( I *always* die in boss battles!) but I'll take that over dying 50 times in a soul-crushing 2 hour-long grind any day.

There was a Badass Thresher in the Caustic Caverns that I literally could not kill, and he was roughly the same lvl as me. He would just pop up from underground and instantly incap me.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month
12. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:29 PHJF

Love the gameplay in this series, but I think I just suck at these games. I inevitably end up hitting a wall at some point where I just can't beat some creature blocking my way, and don't have a way to put together a good enough army to beat it. I tend to wander off to some other game at that point.

That's the entire point. It's more like an RPG than any other similar game... you need to go lvl up, maybe get some new spells, bolster the ranks. It makes winning difficult battles particularly rewarding.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 16:25 PHJF

Try playing Vault Hunter mode after you beat the game, trust me you will be singing a different tone. You will not be over leveled. Everything hits a lot harder and is more difficult. I never out leveled an area and we did most of the side quest. Also, this game auto levels many of the areas after the starter areas. So itís kind of impossible to be out leveled in most areas.

Yeah it's pretty stupid, I'm again trying to follow the main quest with Zero on RVH pretty strictly and they send me off to a zone with mobs 4+ lvls over me.

8. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 14:13 PHJF

I'm just hoping they can balance out some of the units a bit, because my army composition tended to always end up the same - as soon as I could find the units to buy.

Royal snakes!

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 14:09 PHJF

As I said before I think they're just complaining instead of trying to solve their own problem. These are people who probably had no issues with farming for items for days in Diablo but they complain like BL2 should just hand them shit. Other than the perspective it's still technically an ARPG and should play the same way. I didn't always have the best weapons in Diablo and could obliterate everything, sometimes you had to work harder.

Well the problem here is my first run through I did all quests and was therefore overleveled for most of the game. It doesn't matter what gun you have when enemies are 3-5 levels beneath you.

My second class I tried to stick to the main quest as much as possible and found myself routinely underleveled/underequipped.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 13:23 PHJF

And there's not really many things you can do. In BL1, you could at least quit and reload a few times, and buy something decent from a vending machine. In BL2, vending machines are worthless. I can't even imagine why they're still in the game other than to sell your loot, but that leaves you with money you can't use except to buy ammo that costs more as you go up in level (WTF?????)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102166716

Got that from a random vending machine I was passing by. Purchased an orange grenade from another machine, too.

Almost 2 years ago, charging $60.00 for a PC game was nearly a scandal on most gaming websites.

I doubt if a single member of this site paid over $50 for BL2.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 12:42 PHJF

The problem with siren is the weapons you are supposed to use, SMGs, are all but worthless without a class artifact that has 80%+ SMG damage bonus on it.  

4. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 11:45 PHJF

I'll wait for it to go on sale but I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.

It's $27. Don't be a cheap ass. They've already shown three times they are capable of releasing great, content-rich games in this series.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2012, 09:08 PHJF

If somebody walks up to me and says you know what, we'll pay for everything, do you want to jump out of a weather balloon 24 miles up? I'd say yes on the spot. He isn't the only adrenaline junkie in the world, he just has more tenacity and funding than all the rest.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 22:21 PHJF

oh my god

You said ICQ and I immediately remembered my number, 45314615... and I haven't used ICQ in at least 6 years. Shit is crazy.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 12:38 PHJF

As you pointed out the other day, the length of time you've been on the web is downright impressive.

Right, it's time for a Blue's IPO! That's always good for businesses, right?!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2012, 12:37 PHJF

You people are too old. My big Christmas was playing Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and Rampage on our brand-spankin-new NES. Well, not so much playing as watching my (older) brother and sister play.

Fast forward X years to the Christmas of the N64, whereupon our fantastic new console was unusable on my parents' ancient wood-paneled Zenith for lack of an RCA adapter. What a crushing day that was.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 12:23 PHJF

The real reason is that Alien overall was a far better movie and thus worth closing a blind eye to its own logical fallacies.

Right, so all these discussions of Prometheus' lore and whatnot are moot. Setting all that aside, it was a totally forgettable movie. I didn't scream for my money back when it was over, but I didn't (and still don't) have any desire to watch it again.

And to those who would argue, "well you're in here discussing it so obviously it made an impression," well, I wouldn't be discussing it if it weren't brought up, and I'll be the first to say I had very high hopes going into the theater.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 12:03 PHJF

Hell, you don't have to look past 'Alien' to find a similar behavior - Dallas knowingly broke quarantine not even knowing if they could save Cane and risked killing everyone in the process (which actually fucking happened!!)

Once again a ship full of space miners != a ship full of supposedly genius-level scientists.

And while you brought up the subject of comparisons to Alien...

Alien was a small horror movie which happened to be set in space. It wasn't a science fiction epic. For all its other trappings, Prometheus was basically a "space slasher" (like the second half of Sunshine), and it wasn't very good at that, either. Other than the med bay scene, none of the action was memorable, and the med bay scene didn't hold a candle to the original chest burster.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 12:18.

8636 Comments. 432 pages. Viewing page 53.
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo