Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8749 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month
5. Re: Free Skyfall DLC for 007 Legends This Month Nov 10, 2012, 01:38 PHJF

It was a good movie for sure, but too serious to contend as "best Bond ever".  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded
15. Re: MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded Nov 9, 2012, 13:37 PHJF

Well at least nobody in their right mind would play this game in the first place, so I guess the secret's safe.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Blac Nov 8, 2012, 21:10 PHJF

I'm not quite sure what to make of all thi  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney
12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 14:44 PHJF

The game doesn't mechanically force you to play as a team by making it the only option, and it doesn't make team play a side show. It makes you actaully want to participate with others. I've never heard so much voice comm use in a PC game [in PUGs], and it's not trolls.

It's only going to get better as more people familiarize themselves with the game and balance issues are sorted out.

7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 12:51 PHJF

Well speaking for myself I spent $25 and have played for fifty hours in the past week since release.

Seems worth it to me. I actually have like a 7-1 record going as commander (mostly aliens) when i virtually never commanded in NS1, too.

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 11:25 PHJF

The problem is that this offering isn't free: it costs 30 bucks.

Well that about sums it up, in the very first paragraph he gets the price of the game wrong.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Space Colony HD
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Space Colony HD Nov 8, 2012, 11:21 PHJF

I don't put stock in any game featuring "HD" in the title. As if this were 2002.

Scratch that, PCs have had better than "HD" resolution for a lot longer than that.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
87. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 7, 2012, 18:21 PHJF

I didn't realize all these games with regening health had a "turn off health regen" option in them?  

83. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 7, 2012, 17:52 PHJF

I'm still failing to see how that in practice is any different from health packs.

Regenerating health completely removes risk from the game. As it is often combined with liberal use of checkpoints, there's absolutely no tension in combat. Dying has no penalty whatsoever. This is a fantastic way to utterly wreck a game. A good game will literally make me sweat from a combination of tense gameplay and the kind of superhuman focus it elicits from the user. This experience is exactly what I get from NS2.

It's lazy game design, too.

81. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 17:12 PHJF

Incidentally nearly all PC shooters lack coop.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Fast-food Logos Imprinted on Children's Brains Nov 7, 2012, 17:08 PHJF

I stood in line for 3 hours.....it is fucking 2012....and it felt like it was the 1700s....

If there's one thing that will never go out of style it's queuing. Who doesn't love a good queue??? At the pharmacy, at the grocers, at McDonalds, at the bank, at the movies... nothing is more natural than ordering packs of human beings into organized lines!

164. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 13:38 PHJF

Wish you guys were sensible enough to realize this whole "us vs them" shit propagated by hardline party politics isn't helping anyone. People are always drawing and defending borders between each other; it must be a relic of caveman culture. Your party sucks, your football team sucks, Mexico sucks, Muslims suck, console gamers suck (well I guess I'm guilty there), on and on and on. I think we need a good old-fashioned drug-fueled orgy. Peace love save the trees and shit.  

156. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 11:55 PHJF

There are already millions of disenfranchised Americans... they're called people with criminal convictions.

There definitely should be higher standards for voters. My grandmother, for instance, is racist. She wouldn't vote for Obama on the sole fact of his being black. She should absolutely, positively, NOT be allowed to vote. In this day and age every citizen pretty much has access to tools to educate themselves and stay modestly informed... but a startling amount choose not to. I don't want uninformed bigots to have any say in a national election.

And the electoral college was put into place because college voters literally had to represent their constituents. This was the days before so much as the electric telegraph, when news traveled only as fast as a horse and rider could carry it. The days when a stump speech was literally a man standing on a tree stump. The electoral college was counted on to relay accurately the opinions/votes of groups of citizens to the federal government, because there was no line of communication between the two.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2012, 12:04.

68. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 11:44 PHJF

The thing is Halo didn't bring fps games forward.

...except it DID move them forward, on the CONSOLE. Yeah, Goldeneye was fun splitscreen with four people. But Halo brought the PC multiplayer FPS experience to the console, and it's why CoD is the megafranchise it is today.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 10:20 PHJF

I don't think the Feds are going to do anything about it. Nobody wants to start another States Rights battle, especially one so large as this would generate. The usual federal-level war on drugs will continue but we aren't going to see anything like a Volstead Act enforcement policy arise in either state.  

134. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 10:13 PHJF

US Federal Spending 2010

"around 70%"??? And note this does NOT include funding for stuff like Homeland Security or the VA.

Medicare and SS serve a practical purpose, for all their flaws. I'm at far greater risk of dying of cancer than of a bullet from a Chinaman (as are you).

130. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 09:29 PHJF

Let's just hope that Obama shows a considerably larger amount of fiscal discretion this time around. With the deficit as out of control as it is some serious restraint in spending is a must in this term.

It's all a drop in the bucket until by some miracle somebody crusades successfully against the defense budget (which I don't think will ever happen).

58. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 09:25 PHJF

Gameplay is king, It ran fine for me, it had great and very innovative gameplay for a FPS

Yeah, people! Thanks to Halo we have regenerating health now! Give some props! (yes, I know Halo had regenerating shields and still had medpacks. Halo is still the progenitor)

The only thing Halo did was introduce online FPS to the consoles. It didn't have to do anything else to be as successful as it was.

128. Weed legalized in Colorado, Washington Nov 7, 2012, 09:12 PHJF

haha:

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," said Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, in a statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don't break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly."

122. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 08:25 PHJF

3 hours later i got to vote.....wtf. it is 2012. Can we get a better fucking system?

Couldn't you just show up in uniform and saunter to the front of the line? "Just uhhhh... checkin for voter fraud, people."

8749 Comments. 438 pages. Viewing page 53.
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo