Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8644 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 22, 2012, 09:41 PHJF

Even assuming that all it took to get an internet connection was "a cable line" - which isn't true - that doesn't change the fact that population density is a huge factor when it comes to what areas get covered. In a lot of remote areas, there just aren't enough people to justify the cost of the hardware that would be required to allow high(er) speed access.

And how about completely urban areas where I still can't get a fiber connection? I live within 30 minutes of two major cities and I have access to slower, overpriced TWC or some podunk DSL connections.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 22:52 PHJF

But it is. Just like it is why, in general, public transportation is no useful in the US except for a few cities, where it is very useful in other countries.

Installing, operating and maintaining rail != laying down/hanging a cable line.

Telecoms have consistently been raising prices without increasing access or quality of service.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 16:52 PHJF

No offense, but can you honestly say you are less extreme or biased (simply on the opposite side of the spectrum) after objectively reading your own comments on religion?

Any and all organized religion is a cancer with no purpose practical or otherwise in any modern civilization. One could argue the merits of the various religious charities, but then one could as easily argue doing good not for the sake of one's eternal soul but for the sake of doing good.

I take special offense to Christianity itself because seldom do I ever see so many people as Christians claiming to be of, by, and for their religion while acting all but entirely against it. The core tenants of Christianity are compassion (like for GAY PEOPLE), forgiveness (like for CRIMINALS ON DEATH ROW), and charity (like WELFARE).

34. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 13:06 PHJF

He's clearly one of The Lost and beyond all hope of reasoning. Time to enter the land of the ignored, you sorry sod.  

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 11:38 PHJF

Would love to hear your views on Islam, or is only Christianty evil?

America doesn't have a Muslim problem, it has a Christian one. Like it or not Ron Paul was correct: our consistent imperialistic policies of interventionism on an international scale has marked us as enemy to much of the world.

There's no rich liberals in the world, and Obama has recieved no lobbying campaign dollars from big business.

Bill Gates didn't start a "news" organization and use it as a means to push his personal agenda. Bill Gates uses his position to try and stop people dying from malaria half the world away.

And stop bringing up Obama. I didn't mention a single politician and immediately you peg me as an Obama-praising democrat. Keep living in that bubble, buddy.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 11:24 PHJF

I had framerate issues on my GTX460 but I didn't really get too into tweaking things. Suffice it to say the game did NOT run like butter even after I'd turned things down to the point that the game looked pretty bad (well maybe not bad but far from screenshot worthy).  

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 11:07 PHJF

We can talk all we want about the bias of NPR

Are there biased people working for NPR? Yeah.

Are there biased local NPR stations? Sure.

Is NPR as a whole biased? Absolutely not.

The three big shows on NPR are All Things Considered, Morning Edition, and Talk of the Nation. All Things Considered is about as mild as possible for straight news to get. Morning Edition tends to get interspersed with local content that can bias either way. Talk of the Nation is obviously going to bias toward whomever is calling in, but Neil Conan as the host is extremely mild. And then in later evening commutes we get Marketplace, which if anything being a business show is conservative.

The whole "NPR is liberal" shtick exists because NPR is the polar opposite of Fox News with respect to journalistic integrity. The masses of idiot morons digesting Bill O year after year have essentially developed such a dependence on Fox News that when presented with totally unbiased, reasonable journalism they immediately adopt a hostile, defensive stance. Maddow was totally right on that point: Fox News (and viewers) live in this alternate-reality bubble. Fox News has taken masses of stupid Americans and, like some kind of crazy Amazonian rainforest parasite, slowly and surely brainwashed their regular viewers to the point that anything said against or contrary to Fox News is regarded as an act of hostility to be denied wholesale or otherwise undermined.

There's a reason Fox News is so outwardly "Christian". Religions, like Fox, prey on uneducated, uninformed, stupid people. These people are brought in with promises of shelter and warm milk and utterly indoctrinated, trained to be soldiers for the cause. The difference between the two being that at the top of Fox News we have the bona fide 1%, the wealthy elite who are smart enough not to buy into the shit they themselves shovel but ruthless enough to keep shoveling it, all for the sake of making another buck. Snake oil salesmen of the 21st century with all the world's resources and technology at their fingertips.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 10:32 PHJF

Whole thing felt off to me. Like the first one, everything is laggy/floaty. The scale of it all is rather pointless when everything else suffers for it.  

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2012, 09:32 PHJF

The issue I have with Maddows is how much of a hateful condescending cunt she comes off of more often than not while being smug about it.

Try being a lesbian for a while in the news media world (or anywhere else) and see if all the hate doesn't get to you, too.

Plus unlike the right wing talking heads she is actually intelligent and therefore quite justified in being condescending. On top of that, she is doing exactly what Bill O et al do, pandering to her audience. And regardless of how far MSNBC goes they will never be half as unapologetically political as Fox. They got rid of Keith and he was WAY more hostile than Maddow.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PHJF

$15 is simply too much for it, when Torchlight is $20.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 18, 2012, 07:45 PHJF

Since when is genocide acceptable practice for the leader of the free world?

VAMPIRE RIGHTS

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2012, 22:05 PHJF

You can often find patch notes in the game's forum, or at the very least a link to some place with the notes.

What was REALLY annoying was a fucking 75mb Sleeping Dogs update yesterday afternoon that sent my CPU to 100% for 15 minutes.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 17, 2012, 12:29 PHJF

4806 Kelvin is nothing to sneeze at.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 17, 2012, 12:26 PHJF

I haven't seen anything that makes it look like more than a mix of BioShock and Thief, and not half as good as either.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 17:55 PHJF

As far as over-leveling goes, it may be because I am not very good at FPS's but being over-leveled by at least 2 levels was the only way I could beat the game on Singleplayer. The final boss fights were kind of easy ( I *always* die in boss battles!) but I'll take that over dying 50 times in a soul-crushing 2 hour-long grind any day.

There was a Badass Thresher in the Caustic Caverns that I literally could not kill, and he was roughly the same lvl as me. He would just pop up from underground and instantly incap me.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month
12. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 16:29 PHJF

Love the gameplay in this series, but I think I just suck at these games. I inevitably end up hitting a wall at some point where I just can't beat some creature blocking my way, and don't have a way to put together a good enough army to beat it. I tend to wander off to some other game at that point.

That's the entire point. It's more like an RPG than any other similar game... you need to go lvl up, maybe get some new spells, bolster the ranks. It makes winning difficult battles particularly rewarding.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 16:25 PHJF

Try playing Vault Hunter mode after you beat the game, trust me you will be singing a different tone. You will not be over leveled. Everything hits a lot harder and is more difficult. I never out leveled an area and we did most of the side quest. Also, this game auto levels many of the areas after the starter areas. So itís kind of impossible to be out leveled in most areas.

Yeah it's pretty stupid, I'm again trying to follow the main quest with Zero on RVH pretty strictly and they send me off to a zone with mobs 4+ lvls over me.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month
8. Re: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North This Month Oct 16, 2012, 14:13 PHJF

I'm just hoping they can balance out some of the units a bit, because my army composition tended to always end up the same - as soon as I could find the units to buy.

Royal snakes!

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 14:09 PHJF

As I said before I think they're just complaining instead of trying to solve their own problem. These are people who probably had no issues with farming for items for days in Diablo but they complain like BL2 should just hand them shit. Other than the perspective it's still technically an ARPG and should play the same way. I didn't always have the best weapons in Diablo and could obliterate everything, sometimes you had to work harder.

Well the problem here is my first run through I did all quests and was therefore overleveled for most of the game. It doesn't matter what gun you have when enemies are 3-5 levels beneath you.

My second class I tried to stick to the main quest as much as possible and found myself routinely underleveled/underequipped.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 13:23 PHJF

And there's not really many things you can do. In BL1, you could at least quit and reload a few times, and buy something decent from a vending machine. In BL2, vending machines are worthless. I can't even imagine why they're still in the game other than to sell your loot, but that leaves you with money you can't use except to buy ammo that costs more as you go up in level (WTF?????)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102166716

Got that from a random vending machine I was passing by. Purchased an orange grenade from another machine, too.

Almost 2 years ago, charging $60.00 for a PC game was nearly a scandal on most gaming websites.

I doubt if a single member of this site paid over $50 for BL2.

8644 Comments. 433 pages. Viewing page 53.
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo