Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8761 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 15:30 PHJF

In a statement, Hostess said its bakery operations have been suspended at all plants and that it would lay off most of its 18,500 workers to focus on selling its assets.

Sow when do we start raiding the fallout shelters' cases of twinkies?

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
23. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 14:37 PHJF

but the pervasive attitude among hardcore gamers that anyone who buys the Call of Duty games every year are somehow less intelligent is crude.

They are less intelligent. I mean it doesn't surprise me in the least since people buy the nearly identical FIFA/Madden iterations year after year, but it clearly shows consumer stupidity. These are not new games anymore. Ever since CoD4 (and I actually LIKED CoD4) they've been releasing incremental updates at a $60 premium, and that says nothing of the ridiculously overpriced DLC inevitably shoveled out in between. I was fucking pissed when UT was gearing up for frequent iterations, but for fuck's sake at least Epic had the courtesy to make large, fundamental changes from UT-UT2K3-UT2K4-UT3.

The zombie mode is the only identifying factor here, but I somehow doubt it's worth $60.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2012, 14:30 PHJF

How many people have you known to actually drop bad habits?  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Free DLC Today
3. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 11:46 PHJF

Maybe it's the highest-rated game in which you PLAY as a dinosaur of all time? I'm not sure what kind of reviews E.V.O. had...  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2012, 11:24 PHJF

I don't know the Crossfire one it mentions, but in MW2, on the crashed plane level, you could run for about 15 seconds then get to a place where you could launch a grenade to where the other team was running.

This was (is?) a major part of the average Counter-Strike round...

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 11:22 PHJF

I don't want the type of people making purchasing decisions based on metacritic scores playing NS2 with me, so this does more good than bad. NS2 devs said they've made pretty good cash already, at least as much to support the game for a good while.

I'm up to ~90 hours of play already...

News Comments > Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie
9. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 09:00 PHJF

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 01:02:
Worst problem is that the voice IS Ironside. Finally watched Terminator Salvation on cable and it's almost painful to see his acting career cause I know him as Sam Fisher.

He'll always be Jester to me!

And anyways, nothing will ever top Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne as the worst casting decision in the history of creation.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $3.5M
8. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:37 PHJF

I contributed. What's 30-40 bucks, I can waste double that on a date or night out at the bar. If it sucks just think of it as the night you wasted $50 buying some girl drinks and you didn't get any.

Or you could, I don't know, not waste money?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 13:56 PHJF

To any modern game. GTAIV looked poor for its time and this hasn't done enough to improve things. Gameplay is obviously more important but GTAIV did poorly in that department as well and I've seen no evidence to suggest that anything has changed with GTAV.

Did this trailer show any cover-based shooting, the staple of GTAIV, or did it show a bunch of crazy vehicle chases and explosions?

This doesn't look a fucking thing like GTAIV, except the horrible aliasing/dodgy framerates inherent to shitty ancient consoles.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 12:39 PHJF

I can understand the decision to end it rather than starting to re-hash old topics or drift into more and more obscurity.

Dude, it's food. It's literally impossible to run out of material, especially given the depth to which AB routinely examined topics. He had an entire episode dedicated to salt, after all (it always bugged me him specifying kosher salt 99.9% of the time, cmon man, it's preference... AND SOME OF US LIKE IODINE).

Matter of fact I'm gonna be using his mashed potatoes next week, and I'm leaning toward making another (godlike) tres leches come xmas.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 12:32 PHJF

The trailer doesn't give us any idea of what the gameplay is like, which is a concern after GTAIV.

Seeing as how this is like the 10th GTA game I'd say you can hazard a fucking guess.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up Nov 14, 2012, 12:30 PHJF

There are 3. The two white guys and the black guy who are standing by the helicopter talking about 2/3 through the trailer.

CCCOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

(hey, it sort of happened in RDR, right?)

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up Nov 14, 2012, 11:08 PHJF

Who the fuck is the player character?  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Patched
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 10:21 PHJF

And yes, I know they drop from bosses, so I farmed a few of them for awhile, and they dropped nothing of the kind either.

Yup at one point on siren I resorted to farming one boss for an SMG... the boss was so easy simply phaselocking + two of my nades killed it. After two full level ups I gave up.

Apparently even the farming drop rates are as bad as Diablo's.

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Hype Gearing Up Nov 14, 2012, 10:16 PHJF

Gushing is an understatement.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
88. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 20:40 PHJF

The anger from non-COD people like myself comes because the outrageous financial success of these titles means more of this drivel gets shoveled out (because it's what people want, right?) and we get less of what we actually want to play as a result.

Ummmmm hello it's called MAINSTREAM MEDIA. WELCOME TO EARTH.

21. Re: The Top Ways We Injure Our Genitals Nov 13, 2012, 16:10 PHJF

I've nevr even heard of this amd yet they say it affects around 1 in 3000 women?!

If this is true then I'm sure this is one of those things nipped in the bud shortly after birth. Unfortunately I'm not curious enough to go on a "multiple vaginas" googling quest, but you have at it and keep us posted.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
42. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 09:09 PHJF

But if you want to consider previous MEs "shooters", fine, but that doesn't make the other argument any more correct. They won't be "turning" ME4 into any more of a shooter than ME2/3 were.

If they did, they'd have to legally change the name to Gears of War: The Shepard Missions.

I agree with what that guy said: Mass Effect was damn flawed but on the right track toward perfection. ME2 completely derailed it.

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
37. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 15:16 PHJF

Yep, I ran L4D2 on a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz and ATI x1600 for a little while and it was more than playable. Source seems to be the only modern engine that doesn't look like complete shit when you turn down the eye candy.

But it never looked great on the high end, either. Low poly counts, textures, lighting, animations (except facial) were never top-of-the-line in any Source title. At least Source made a big push for FSAA, though. It *felt* right when playing a Source game, anyways. No floaty movement, (usually) sensible physics, etc.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 11:01 PHJF

That's almost impossible to do when arguing politics - respect rapdily goes out the window when arguing (if it was ever there in the first place), and to what end? Do you honestly think you are really going to change someone's mind by belittling their rationality, intelligence or beliefs?

Fuck no, but it sure is fun!

8761 Comments. 439 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo