Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8749 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
23. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 21, 2014, 06:31 PHJF

Gipson wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 04:55:
Will buy it when its $5. Maybe. Pretty much had enough with this series.

As much fun as I've had with BL2, I concur. I expect bigger improvements than lower gravity for a third outing.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2014, 22:19 PHJF

You seriously comparing seating people at a restaurant to medical care? It takes five, ten minutes to cook a steak. Want to tell me how long to detect and then tell somebody they have cancer?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club Aug 19, 2014, 18:37 PHJF

Sounds like shit judging from the forum chatter.

Shame. I like golf.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2014, 09:42 PHJF

I guess it was foolish of me thinking Blizzard was going to roll out 2.1.0 with the console release.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2014, 22:19 PHJF

Anything in "plain view" is admissible, as long as the officer was in the house either with a search warrant or with the occupant's express permission. And plain view means just that, that the item in question was found without tossing mattresses or pulling drawers out.

An officer on an emergency call to a house is allowed a "protective sweep" to check for persons in danger or that may pose a danger, but again, the officer is allowed to look for people, not go turning over every stone.

Since they were evidently using a dog in this case, they'd most definitely have needed a warrant or permission.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
45. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 20:06 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 18:32:
Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:12:
Vid cards were a necessity that were bound to happen sooner rather than later anyway, and people need phones so that's par for the course. Apart from practical applications in science/medicine/military with VR most people aren't going to want to strap a TV to their face. They don't even want to wear 3D glasses and they're a lot less cumbersome. VR for entertainment value will remain niche until they can make them no bigger than a pair of sunglasses or contacts. I really don't see it happening until people can jack in ala Neuromancer/Snow Crash.

Right, I pretty much agree. I think this will be somewhat popular niche, but still niche. And unlike phones and graphic accelerators, I don't see a path for this to go mainstream. We're a few decades from a pair of 50 gram glasses that can project images right to your retinas.

Why does it have to be wearable? Maybe somebody can make something worthwhile out of Kinect by combining eye tracking with discreet projection (Virtual Retinal Display) straight to the user(s). Avegant is already using VRD, but it is still reliant on headgear.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 09:43 PHJF

I tried about ten minutes of Risen 3.

It stinks.

News Comments > Design TF2 Merchandise, Profit
3. Re: Design TF2 Merchandise, Profit Aug 15, 2014, 22:07 PHJF

They are crowdsourcing apparel design and you're bitching?

And for all the flak TF2's optimized ascetic cranial ensconcing gets, it's there because of community support. Hats were a gimmick to accompany new weapon patches ages ago, and players overwhelmingly approved of them.

News Comments > Gwent: Witcher 3's Embedded Card Game
4. Re: Gwent: Witcher 3's Embedded Card Game Aug 15, 2014, 17:46 PHJF

ldonyo wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 16:48:
Sounds like a Witcher version of Magic the Gathering, which sounds more fun than the drinking game in the first Witcher.

Or dice.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 11:11 PHJF

I just can't get around how stark the contrast between FFXII and FFXIII was. One was a huge pseudo MMO world chock full of monster-infested expansive zones, and the next a corridor-laden title which made Doom 3 look like Far Cry. And WTF is Square doing taking tri-Ace, who made actually interesting games of Star Ocean and Resonance of Fate, and dumping them on Final Fantasy???

I can't believe the Dragon Quest and Ni no Kuni dev is making a fucking ipad game. It seems the only JRPG still kicking is Tales.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 09:02 PHJF

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez: No, have you?

News Comments > The Golf Club Next Week
8. Re: The Golf Club Next Week Aug 13, 2014, 11:02 PHJF

The Golf Club is generic terminology. There are roughly four billion golf courses named "The Golf Club at ..."  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 10:47 PHJF

I've got a TiVo here with Time Warner providing, and I'm not a big fan. TiVo itself is pretty slow (and this is a newer model), and while I'm not sure if it's TiVo or the cable box, channels just present black screens sometimes until the TiVo is rebooted... which takes like ten minutes. The only thing I like about it is it doubles as a streaming box very easily.

Also, On Demand stations simply don't work.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 10:00 PHJF

I remember him demoing Spore, or as I like to call it, the reason I can't get hyped about anything ever again.  

News Comments > Into the Black
34. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 09:58 PHJF

He's with Cuba Gooding Jr. now...  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
19. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 09:51 PHJF

Guess I'm the only person who thought weapon degradation added to the game? The preferred way of handling combat, at least through the early game, was to avoid it. Once you got your weapon and repair skills up, degradation became pretty much a non issue.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2014, 18:20 PHJF

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 10:41:
Not sure how I missed them - kind of odd, but fired up the Avernum series last night, having a blast. Usually not a fan of turned base combat, but so far I am enjoying myself.

For the longest time I disregarded them for their, ahem, "retro" presentation... but I started Escape From the Pit a couple years ago and was immediately hooked.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 18:15 PHJF

I know it sounds crazy, but every organic, unpredictable, adrenaline-pumping encounter with other people you have in that game, makes the previous couple hours of running around doing next to nothing SO WORTH IT. There's nothing else like it, period. That's why it's popular.

I get that from invasions in Dark Souls. It helps that Dark Souls doesn't, you know, suck ass like DayZ.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 11:55 PHJF

Blue is *supposed* to have lizards. Or at the very least, *a* lizard.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 10:36 PHJF

Why haven't you posted any pictures regarding whimsical new household lizards yet? I'm on the edge of my seat.  

8749 Comments. 438 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo