Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 8869 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hatred Announced
41. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 13:58 PHJF

Yes, it does, it promotes violence for violence sake.

You must have a hard time playing video games if this is what turns you off. I got a kick out of watching Jason Voorhees slaughter nubile teens for years. GUESS I'M EVIL.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hatred Announced
38. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 09:52 PHJF

This game promotes some of the very worst behavior that mankind can do on a personal level, with a very serious and dark tone surrounding it.

It doesn't promote anything. It's fictional. It's entertainment. If you don't like it, great, fine, nobody will force you to play it.

They certainly met their goal with this trailer based on some of the hostile responses in here.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 11:45 PHJF

Graphics improved, atmosphere improved significantly, party creation improved, leveling system improved. If you liked Grimrock 1, this is for you.

You just described Game of the Year 2014. I'm gonna be up all night this weekend.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
21. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2014, 09:14 PHJF

Nobody in my house watches any TV (which is why we have been without cable or satellite for 8 years).

IT'S NOT TV

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 20:42 PHJF

Did you seriously just ask "How's The Wire?"  

News Comments > Game Reviews
21. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 17:26 PHJF

Initial Grimrock 2 reviews are very positive. I'll prolly pick it up this weekend.  

15. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 15:58 PHJF

Interestingly, the editorial on Page 255 is "Toys For Boys: When Will Computer Games Grow Up?"

And of course nearly 20 years later video games are still largely (and accurately) considered immature, shallow entertainment.

11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 13:35 PHJF

Thumbs Up was a metric on whether or not a movie was worth seeing or not, not a scale of absolute judgment. For all the hullabaloo at Kotaku, their "should you play it" conclusion is a spot on way to sum up a review.  

6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 12:10 PHJF

10/10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect

Perfect is literally what 10/10 means to anyone with a working brain. If a publication believes in earnest they've reviewed a flawless game (minor bugs not withstanding), great, give it 10/10. Otherwise they should stop reviewing games or stop using such a tiny scale.

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
2. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 10:22 PHJF

As all of those are behind DRM walls I choose not to climb, it ain't looking good for me.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2014, 16:51 PHJF

The patch was long overdue. I've long since finished the game, having fought through the bug-ridden, underdeveloped mess that was LA, the constant barrage of enemies with unlimited movement points, and the abysmal finale. Everyone gave the game way too much credit for simply being retro and not near enough criticism for its myriad shortcomings.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2014, 22:01 PHJF

A simple cheap pot just will not do. You need a pot that substantially moves the heat around the bottom and sides of the pot and doesn't focus on the direct heat.

Incidentally the cheap pot I'd used was more or less FUBAR, and I replaced it with a rock-solid new one. An absolutely absurdly large new one: I'm not good at conceiving the volume of a quart... or several dozen.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2014, 14:15 PHJF

The one time I tried your chili I managed to burn the shit out of it while simmering, rendering the contents entirely inedible.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 12, 2014, 14:12 PHJF

Well that was terrible.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 14:57 PHJF

In a perfect world everybody would fucking love their job and strive to do it as best as possible on a daily basis. Rampant time wasting via the internet is a symptom, not a disease.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 11:30 PHJF

I was driving home one Sunday night (tail end of a several hour journey) and popped on the radio, tuned to the local NPR. Turns out Sunday nights locally are occupied by this music block titled Alpha Rhythms, during which a wildly eclectic selection of ambient, electronic, trance and otherwise moody tracks are played. My mind was reeling: a Jerry Goldsmith track from First Blood followed by a Lindsey Stirling number, Danny Elfman music from freakin BEETLEJUICE, a wide array of trippy electronica I'd never heard before, and, lo and behold, all interspersed with a discerning selection of tracks from video games including Last of Us and CLOCK TOWER!

I've sat through plenty of stupid NPR fund drives on my way to work, but this is the first time I've considered actually giving them money.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 10:40 PHJF

InBlack wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 10:21:
avianflu wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 10:04:
I am going back to being a lurker on bluesnews but before signing off I do really want to thank "Blue" for his years of work and his website. Hope he sees this.

Dude, why?

Because the internet is a massive waste of time!

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
8. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 13:36 PHJF

Loved everything about the game... except maybe the slime room. Those fucking slimes.

What I do wish they'd do is invest some time in to the story.

It wasn't relevant. You're in a dungeon: escape before you die.

Anyways I doubt it's going to be any better in LoG2, as this time, your band of adventurers is... shipwrecked on a mysterious island!

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
44. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 13:26 PHJF

Having a constant 30 FPS with no slowdowns is the best option when you are going for a cinematic experience.

The best option when going for a cinematic experience is to go to a fucking cinema.

One of the harshest criticisms which may be levied against a movie is that it is "like watching a video game." Well I got news for you, that's a two way street; if a game developer wants to make a "cinematic experience" they're in the wrong fucking business.

No hardware can run all software at 60fps. It's a physical impossibility. Developers have to make tradeoffs to get frames per second, and sometimes those tradeoffs aren't worth the extra frames, so they're sacrificed.

You're absolutely right. The only problem with that argument is Evil Within looks like shit. Not only that, but the ONLY OTHER games running id Tech 5 run at sixty fucking frames a second, ON CONSOLES.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
15. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 10:32 PHJF

2.35:1

Hey let's design a game for a screen format nobody on the fucking planet has because reasons.

8869 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo