Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6607 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2013, 19:01 Sepharo

So I don't get my kudos for being the only one 2 for 2 on my picks because of the silliness of the "Har-bowl" ?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Details
1. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Details Jan 21, 2013, 22:25 Sepharo

Give me SP mission plz D:  

12. Re: removed Jan 20, 2013, 18:07 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:41:
Nickname shehap
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 20, 2013, 21:59
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)

Damn, what'd I miss? Was it woody?

Probably some Chinese knock off goods.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 17:33 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 15:46:
No one likes meatloaf.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 16:52 Sepharo

Hilarious.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 16:04 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 15:46:
No one likes meatloaf. It's always either too soggy or too dry, too much of one thing or not enough of it. I don't think I've ever met a meatloaf I've liked. Probably the closest was someone - this was forever ago - made mini-meatloafs in one of those mini-loaf pans and I seem to recall it wasn't bad.

I grew up with great meatloaf as a kid... But it wasn't beef, was 60/40 pork/venison because of our "deer meat freezer" and hunter relatives. Mmmm get some onions in there and cover it with mushroom gravy. Delicious.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 04:34 Sepharo

Harbaugh v. Harbaugh  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2013, 20:15 Sepharo

My friend's cat will do amazing acrobatic acts to catch flung rubber bands and will bring them back. Always thought it was hilarious seeing that cat trot up to me with a rubber band in its mouth and drop it at my feet.  

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
46. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 16:52 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:41:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:36:
Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:31:
Clear enough this time?

Yes, it is clearer now, you are blaming programmers who get into business for the industry's woes. Pretty silly but so are nearly all generalizations like that.
Yeah, I guess it is silly to think that poor management accounts for most business failures...it's -much- more reasonable to think that the game industry is just "special" and ever so much more difficult than any other industry.

That's not what I nor you said.
Poor management... Fine.
But you said poor management because of programmers and then in your clarification made that even clearer. Many of the most successful companies in the industry are managed by former programmers and the software/gaming industry as a whole is greatly comprised of people working in non-programming positions who started off coding. You see a failure and point at a former progammer now failing at business but ignore the successful ones and the failures by people who've never programmed. It's silly.

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
21. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 16:38 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:34:
The very next ~10 words after the ones you quoted?

Hahah so it is

Now what did those double stars point to?

43. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 16:36 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:31:
Clear enough this time?

Yes, it is clearer now, you are blaming programmers who get into business for the industry's woes. Pretty silly but so are nearly all generalizations like that.

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
19. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 16:23 Sepharo

Where are you guys getting this info about a 1 hour beta? That sounds... absurd.

Also:
Running from 5pm GMT on January 25 until 8am GMT on January 28, the SimCity beta [...]

41. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 16:21 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 15:59:
m00t wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 15:52:
You claim to have worked in the industry for 12 years, but you show a pretty piss poor understanding of how it operates and how it really is substantially different from most other industries. Certainly every industry shares aspects of what the games industry does, but very few of them have to deal with all of the problems as extreme as this industry does. The nature of digital gaming is that it's actually very easy to get in to but much, MUCH harder to survive in. There are fewer protections against bad actors and sudden shifts in the environment, both of which happen with high frequency. Most publisher contracts are fairly draconian, yet aside from the novelty that is Kickstarter and the ilk, there are few alternatives to them aside from simply not existing at all. Recently that's improved somewhat with Steam, Faceobok, and the proliferation of flash games, but doing A - AAA games as an independent is still one of the hardest, yet rewarding, things to do. Still, even people in the industry don't seem to value the work that is done as much as it is in other industries. Part of that is simply the immaturity of the industry, part of that is there are a lot of eager people who are willing to forgo pay and benefits for the opportunity. Either way, the industry is different.

In your infinite wisdom, if every industry is the same, why did you leave?
Keep being an asshole, and this will be the last time I respond to you.

Money, stability, and poor management (mostly because of programmers whose egos make them think that they are too smart to fail at business), are the biggest reasons. And #1 and 2 are mainly caused by #3.

That's why the industry is the way it is or that's why you left? Either way... Blame it all on programmers? Come on...

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 18, 2013, 23:03 Sepharo

The Wire isn't like the CSI/NCIS crap. I've never been a fan of any cop drama show before but I'm a huge fan of The Wire. Started watching it back in July and I'm now two episodes into the final season (5).

It's as much about the "bad guys" as it is the good, and at times I've got to remind myself it's fiction and not a documentary. Very well written and acted but most HBO stuff is.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2013, 23:09.

News Comments > TF2 Characters Get Racy
5. Re: TF2 Characters Get Racy Jan 18, 2013, 02:39 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 01:46:
Thank God (or just Sepharo) that you have changed you pic/icon thing.

Haha yeah I did it weeks ago but seems like the cache wants to hold on to that particular one forever. That's me taking my 2nd quarter nap at Ford Field.

3. Re: TF2 Characters Get Racy Jan 18, 2013, 00:11 Sepharo

Wait how are all the news blurbs leaving out the fact that the Crazy Taxi guy is in this game?  

2. Re: TF2 Characters Get Racy Jan 18, 2013, 00:08 Sepharo

So what do we get in TF2 for buying this?  

News Comments > Steam Strategy Guides Launch
9. Re: Steam Strategy Guides Launch Jan 17, 2013, 22:14 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 21:39:
Dades wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 20:38:
I don't use strategy guides or read about builds or anything like that, ruins all of the challenge and fun of doing it yourself. For people who don't care as much then I'm sure its good but I have to wonder why bother when they could just go to gamefaqs.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

After playing Oblivion a few years ago, I happened upon the guide at a garage sale for $1. I had already gotten everything I wanted out of the game, but it was fun to go back and read the quests I'd done, see what I missed, etc. Also having a guide available when you're really stuck is convenient.

Agree with Brubeck tho, this needs to be optional/hideable.

The only guide I've ever owned was the one for Morrowind. Read that front to back multiple times and usually during class too. From what I remember it was actually pretty funny at times.

edit: This one which apparently sells for $97 new and $2 used. Hah, look at the author's other books.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2013, 22:20.

News Comments > Democracy 3 Announced
1. Re: Democracy 3 Announced Jan 17, 2013, 10:20 Sepharo

Fiscal Cliffski?  

News Comments > Edge: Valve, Mojang "Greatest Developers"
63. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 16, 2013, 20:20 Sepharo

It sounds to me like you want Minecraft to be more "gamey" than it is. The things you talk about being rough like combat, experience, adventure (nether quest), and NPCs are not core in my opinion. I feel like Notch added that stuff because of complaints that there was "nothing to do" and I've really not explored them in a significant way.

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 09:33:
It's too subjective to really debate with someone, is Garrys Mod a complete game? It's sold as one now but the user largely crafts the experience itself. Minecraft is similar.
I do consider Garry's Mod a complete "game". It does what it purports do and it does it well. If it doesn't have portals yet I don't consider that a missing feature. Minecraft lacks a lot boilerplate gaminess but makes up for it with a variety of game world mechanics not previously seen in all one sandbox title. That's why I've got to roll my eyes when people talk about missing features and a lack of things to do.

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 09:33:
Anyways I'm not trying to change your mind, you wanted me to explain my thoughts and so I did.
I'm glad you did, I just didn't want the verdict left at digital lego with half-finished features without an opposing view.
And again, I'm not taking this as a "diss", I had my time with Minecraft years ago now, I just think your assesment is wrong... Somebody is wrong on the internet! XD

6607 Comments. 331 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo