Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6555 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2013, 19:50 Sepharo

Well the two picks I got wrong were because of QB injury. Though you guys (and the "experts") tell me that Ponder would've lost against GB as well. I thought for sure AP would run wild again for the win.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 6, 2013, 17:26 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 16:45:
I enjoy the way how I'm always on edge when I'm in the water in farcry. It feel like I could be attack but shark,crocadile anytime (well most of the time) - I've often thought the games have not made very good use of the 'what lies below' of water over the last 8 years of FPS.

I stand up on a rock with my bow and long range snipe as many sharks as I can before entering the water

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore
30. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 21:57 Sepharo

Isn't Greenlight more about getting usually already released games on Steam? Games with major publishers or well known developers are lined up for Steam long before Greenlight would make sense to use.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2013, 17:21 Sepharo

I'm trying to collect as many small easily fixable problems in my car as possible.

-I have a driver side window that hasn't worked since 2005, and I can see the cut wire when I open the door widely.
-I have a short somewhere right off the battery that occasionally requires me to pop the hood and jiggle some cables to get the car to start.
-I had my hood replaced after a minor accident and the mechanic never hooked up wiper fluid tubes.
-I have a very slow coolant leak somewhere that just requires me to get more coolant than I should every time I get the oil changed.
-When it's very cold outside (or also very humid) my driver side door doesn't latch and I need to hold it closed.
-My heat stopped working this year.
-The air conditioning occasionally doesn't work on very hot days but surprisingly works very well most of the time.
-Sometimes the the back light for the speedometer goes out for days and then randomly comes back on (this sucks because I mostly drive at night).
-The car in general has really poor sealing and I often need to scrape the inside of windshield in addition to the outside.
-Tape player doesn't work

But it's a 2001 Sable with 170,000 miles so I'm not putting another dollar into it. New car is one bad day away from being purchased.

Bring on the admonition.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2013, 17:48.

News Comments > Bond Games MIA
7. Re: Bond Games MIA Jan 4, 2013, 23:28 Sepharo

That's it's single player history.

As far as multiplayer goes it was the Halo of its time; it brought console gamers a pc-like 4 player deathmatch.

News Comments > THQ Investors Call Shenanigans
38. Re: Shenanigans Jan 4, 2013, 23:14 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:07:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:05:
I will pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans.

What are YOU doing with a pistol???

Probably on level 1 of gun game.

Or did I miss a reference there?

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:12 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:05:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:02:
Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 22:57:
I voted for Jay Wilson's

Yeah? Well you're a fucking loser.

Jay?

Krovven hacked my account for a moment.

5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:10 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 23:03:
I'd nominate Paul Christoforo. True, it started at the end of last year, but it ran into this year.

Wow how did I forget about that guy? He's nearly Jack Thompson or Derek Smart level. What the hell is it about this industry that attracts these people?

2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 4, 2013, 23:02 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 22:57:
I voted for Jay Wilson's

Yeah? Well you're a fucking loser.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 21:10 Sepharo

1badmf wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 20:41:
the single greatest piece of wisdom i've ever come across is from plato who said that wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

That's one of my favorites too. Pairs well with the concept of "known unknowns and unknown unknowns" as made famous by Dick Cheney.

News Comments > THQ Investors Call Shenanigans
34. Re: Shenanigans Jan 4, 2013, 21:05 Sepharo

I will pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2013, 11:07 Sepharo

Texans, Ravens, Redskins, Vikings  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 22:51 Sepharo

Sistine Chapel, not art.
Dude was just doin a job.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 22:03 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:02:
I like Tycho's bit on this from a few years ago:

"If a hundred artists create art for five years, how could the result not be art?"

Because it's work, not art. It all depends on the intent. Just because a guy uses a paintbrush instead of a hammer to make a living does not an artist make.

An artist making concept art is not producing art. Got it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2013, 22:01 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:26:
Wow, Google gets a reprimand. Remind me again, does the US have anti-trust laws anymore?

That headline is really misleading...

Google pledged to stop scraping sites to display their info alongside search results, will make advertising data exportable, and will not attempt to block sales of devices using essential patents.

Despite the article downplaying those things, they're pretty huge concessions. The only thing that was dropped was whether Google games its search results to hurt its competitors... Apparently an investigation says they don't. I've never got that impression from the results. Microsoft even had that Bing vs Google thing and the results looked pretty much the same.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 21:02 Sepharo

I like Tycho's bit on this from a few years ago:

"If a hundred artists create art for five years, how could the result not be art?"

News Comments > Valve on VR Latency
22. Re: Valve on VR Latency Jan 3, 2013, 01:21 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 00:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 19:18:
They're not releasing HL3 until it has something revolutionary in it... You should be cheering them on in their VR and other peripheral pursuits if you want to see HL3 sooner.
I don't think those 2 things have anything to do with each other. Remember, valve employees work on whatever they want to, whenever they want to. They have a flat (as in no) management structure. It usually ends up being what they find interesting and/or fun, and this is interesting to the guy, so he's working on that.

Derp.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2013, 22:29 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 22:23:
Sweet, taxpayer subsidized hobby!

Eh, they just went to local businesses and asked for coupons. I don't know the exact amounts but my guess is that the business doesn't mind giving out a "$5 off" regardless if a violent game is thrown away.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2013, 21:54 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 21:20:
I thought the last line of the article was very telling:

None of the measures prohibit employers from reviewing what their employees or potential hires publicly post to social-media accounts.

So they can't ask for your password, but they (seemingly) can ask to review your page with you present?

Some of the states also had laws against forced "shoulder surfing". From what I've read it sounds like the Michigan law has a lot of holes in it for investigations and such but does effectively ban a blanket policy on access to personal info on the internet that has nothing to do with the job.

edit: Err upon reading what you actually quoted that's a little bit different... no law is going to be able to stop an employer from looking at publicly available info. But as I said there was another practice referred to as "shoulder surfing" where they would force you to login into your private account and show them around.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2013, 20:29 Sepharo

Hmm, didn't know Michigan was a state that recently passed a law barring employers from demanding passwords from outside of work.

Good stuff Michigan, but now I won't be able to perform my "Thanks, but no thanks clowns" exit at an interview. Yes I'm apparently interviewing for a circus.

6555 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo