Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6641 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2013, 23:26 Sepharo

Shok wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 22:50:
Wow just wow. The only EA games I play anymore are running in a C64 emulator (bards tale 1-3). And sorry to be an accomplice to this thread hijack.

Can't thread hijack Into the Black... It's off topic discussion for the evening.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
114. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 23:23 Sepharo

Some new pics floating around today:

http://i.imgur.com/K3KFAI3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wA03tRY.jpg

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 6, 2013, 02:31 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 08:58:
I don't get it.

Guy was gung-ho about killing some Imperials and then was easily killed by bumping a stationary rock.

5. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2013, 01:11 Sepharo

nin https://soundcloud.com/pomdeterrific/pomdeter-call-me-a-hole

don't close out immediately, let it go for a bit

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 3, 2013, 22:28 Sepharo

I don't see why it has to be the next best thing or the thing on the way out.

It is what you make of it. It's kept me in contact with friends and family for the past 8 years. I'd prefer they use G+ but they don't. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone, email and letters feel too formal, if I want to share or chat with my social network I do it through a service designed for that. Planning events, study groups, donations, whatever... It's very easy and convenient to do there.

I get together in person with my close friends all the time, visit relatives and others across the country when I'm able, social networks are just an addition and enhancement of that.

Buncha stodgy old people and/or asocials in here.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2013, 19:14 Sepharo

That proposed ban is absurd whether for private or government. There's a long history of laws allowing public photography, the vantage point or method shouldn't matter.

If it's being abused for criminal purposes then prosecute it under those already existing laws.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 3, 2013, 18:59 Sepharo

"exciting and new"

It's 9 years old.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
23. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2013, 16:28 Sepharo

It was semi-automatic. They're too easy to get in Detroit right now and showing up in crime more frequently. This was one of the few times they were used in the suburbs though. Canton is more than a half hour out from Detroit but has tons of retail right off the highway exit. They hit the stores or the cars in the lots and then hop back on the highway.  

News Comments > Lord British's Countdown
6. Re: Lord British's Countdown Mar 2, 2013, 16:27 Sepharo

Just posted this on G+
Richard Garriott de Cayeux wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 3:52pm:
For the record... I have been and remain a PC game developer! I have never been in charge of a game that was not first and foremost a PC game! Sometimes we have ported the games to a variety of other platforms, but the PC remains central to my core sensibilities.

I thought he had gone off and made a bunch of mobile games. Am I getting my old timey developers mixed up?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
20. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 1, 2013, 23:09 Sepharo

The township my parents live in just had an armed robbery at a Verizon store in broad daylight. One of the three guys had an AK but fortunately he only used it to shoot open the door that the employees locked when they saw them approaching.

They got in their getaway vehicle but the police spun them out and tracked them on foot to a storm cellar where they peacefully surrendered. Could've been a lot worse had they used that AK on customers or the police. Banning legal assault rifle sales would reduce illegal assault rifle sales. Although a pistol is still deadly I think everyone involved in the incident would've preferred to see that over an AK.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2013, 22:07 Sepharo

I don't have a problem with his "Don't like it? Don't buy it" stance... It's his implied "Stop complaining" stance that I take issue with.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2013, 17:01 Sepharo

Jarl ballin.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2013, 01:36 Sepharo

loony not a fan of Django I see  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2013, 15:39 Sepharo

I heard that if you ignore all the "strikes" nothing can be done. I think the reasoning was that you had to essentially admit guilt by going through their education process and if you didn't do it the harsher penalties couldn't go into effect. Anyone know if that's still the case?  

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
49. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 22, 2013, 22:08 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 10:31:
Day of Defeat for awhile was getting to be a pretty big thing but Valve bought them out and did fucking NOTHING with it. There was a nice burgeoning map and clan scene going on for it, it could have easily taken off if they didn't just sit on it.

Well ya can't really say they did NOTHING with it. They did make DoD:Source... then they did nothing with it.

News Comments > Op Ed
61. Re: Op Ed Feb 20, 2013, 21:44 Sepharo

Beamer I think you're getting a couple of arguments confused here or at least you are globbing them together.

One is about kb+m superiority and why it would upset the balance in a console game. I agree with you there.

The other is about using keyboard and mouse (or hell just a PC hooked to a TV) in the living room. Something you always fight so passionately about for some reason and all anyone's ever said is it's not as big a hassle as you make it sound.

No need to jump all over Jivaro about kb+m in console games, that's not what he was arguing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2013, 11:31 Sepharo

"We're trying to keep the popularity of weed candy from growing so we sent an informational flyer home with every student and put an article in the local newspaper and online."  

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2
2. Re: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs in Q2 Feb 19, 2013, 22:33 Sepharo

I really wish other adventure/fps games would make use of their mouse gestures. They turned them down in Amnesia compared to Penumbra but I still think it adds so much to the genre. Opening a drawer or door by click holding and dragging just adds that extra immersion that a single click doesn't. It's rarely used as a game mechanic but to me it's more about the feel.  

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2013, 22:14 Sepharo

At my job I'm not the only one who uses WASD as the "home row" for typing.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 16, 2013, 18:43 Sepharo

The President  

6641 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo