Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6485 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Investors Call Shenanigans
34. Re: Shenanigans Jan 4, 2013, 21:05 Sepharo

I will pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2013, 11:07 Sepharo

Texans, Ravens, Redskins, Vikings  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 22:51 Sepharo

Sistine Chapel, not art.
Dude was just doin a job.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 22:03 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:02:
I like Tycho's bit on this from a few years ago:

"If a hundred artists create art for five years, how could the result not be art?"

Because it's work, not art. It all depends on the intent. Just because a guy uses a paintbrush instead of a hammer to make a living does not an artist make.

An artist making concept art is not producing art. Got it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2013, 22:01 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:26:
Wow, Google gets a reprimand. Remind me again, does the US have anti-trust laws anymore?

That headline is really misleading...

Google pledged to stop scraping sites to display their info alongside search results, will make advertising data exportable, and will not attempt to block sales of devices using essential patents.

Despite the article downplaying those things, they're pretty huge concessions. The only thing that was dropped was whether Google games its search results to hurt its competitors... Apparently an investigation says they don't. I've never got that impression from the results. Microsoft even had that Bing vs Google thing and the results looked pretty much the same.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2013, 21:02 Sepharo

I like Tycho's bit on this from a few years ago:

"If a hundred artists create art for five years, how could the result not be art?"

News Comments > Valve on VR Latency
22. Re: Valve on VR Latency Jan 3, 2013, 01:21 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 00:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 19:18:
They're not releasing HL3 until it has something revolutionary in it... You should be cheering them on in their VR and other peripheral pursuits if you want to see HL3 sooner.
I don't think those 2 things have anything to do with each other. Remember, valve employees work on whatever they want to, whenever they want to. They have a flat (as in no) management structure. It usually ends up being what they find interesting and/or fun, and this is interesting to the guy, so he's working on that.

Derp.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2013, 22:29 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 22:23:
Sweet, taxpayer subsidized hobby!

Eh, they just went to local businesses and asked for coupons. I don't know the exact amounts but my guess is that the business doesn't mind giving out a "$5 off" regardless if a violent game is thrown away.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2013, 21:54 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 21:20:
I thought the last line of the article was very telling:

None of the measures prohibit employers from reviewing what their employees or potential hires publicly post to social-media accounts.

So they can't ask for your password, but they (seemingly) can ask to review your page with you present?

Some of the states also had laws against forced "shoulder surfing". From what I've read it sounds like the Michigan law has a lot of holes in it for investigations and such but does effectively ban a blanket policy on access to personal info on the internet that has nothing to do with the job.

edit: Err upon reading what you actually quoted that's a little bit different... no law is going to be able to stop an employer from looking at publicly available info. But as I said there was another practice referred to as "shoulder surfing" where they would force you to login into your private account and show them around.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2013, 20:29 Sepharo

Hmm, didn't know Michigan was a state that recently passed a law barring employers from demanding passwords from outside of work.

Good stuff Michigan, but now I won't be able to perform my "Thanks, but no thanks clowns" exit at an interview. Yes I'm apparently interviewing for a circus.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2013, 20:20 Sepharo

"There is ample evidence that violent video games, along with violent media of all kinds, including TV and movies portraying story after story showing a continuous stream of violence and killing, has contributed to increasing aggressiveness, fear, anxiety, and is desensitizing our children to acts of violence including bullying,"

I wonder if they cited their sources?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 2, 2013, 20:18 Sepharo

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 20:15:
Spec Ops just looks like every other generic shooter though. Is there something I'm missing and is it worth picking up for 50% off on Steam?

It supposedly has an interesting 4th wallish message to it about violence. I picked it up on sale but haven't played it yet.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 2, 2013, 20:15 Sepharo

Even though it took 5 years, that article shows Wikipedia working the way it should. The article didn't get featured because the citations were shaky and few... Someone finally looked into it and determined the sources didn't exist and the article was deleted.

Had the article been more popular (and how could it be considering it described an event that didn't happen) it would've been corrected sooner.

Some of the most poorly written articles on the English Wikipedia are those that describe topics that are extremely obscure to anyone outside of the country/culture/language where they originate. The article described in the link most likely didn't exist on the Portuguese or Indian wikis.

News Comments > Valve on VR Latency
15. Re: Valve on VR Latency Jan 2, 2013, 19:18 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 12:11:
Hey Mikey, you know what we really need? HL3. Why don't you get to work on that, buddy. That's a lot more pressing than VR headsets unless you guys are turning the internet into Snow Crash in the next couple of years.

They're not releasing HL3 until it has something revolutionary in it... You should be cheering them on in their VR and other peripheral pursuits if you want to see HL3 sooner.

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
38. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 18:20 Sepharo

Panickd wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:16:
Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 17:32:
When EA decides that Sim City has lived its course, you will never, ever be able to play it again.

Some people find this perfectly acceptable, apparently, and will defend EA vigorously over this concept. I find it fucking retarded and refuse to pay money to a "rent our software for as long as we see fit to allow you to rent it," scheme.

Creston

That's a bit over dramatic. If Sim City (or any game for that matter) ends up insanely popular and EA pulls the plug someone will find a way to hack together some sort of server emulator that will allow people to keep playing until their eyeballs bleed. In fact my bet is that if it is a worthwhile title someone will do it shortly after the game launches. And shortly after that EA will go apeshit and sue someone somewhere over it and it will have little to no effect.

It's becoming more difficult to do cracks like that as online is integrated into every aspect of the game. Look at Diablo 3... anyone have a way for me to play that singleplayer yet? Last I heard it was quite a hassle, with tons of missing functionality like the mobs just standing around doing nothing.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2012, 22:14 Sepharo

MajorD wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 20:20:
Blue, this sounds like it involved Joe Walsh. Wink

Huh? What's this got to do with an ordinary average guy living life in the fast lane?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 21:45 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 21:23:
Carrying on with my cheese dishes this week. Tonight I made Tartiflette. Super nummy!

I think you can get a bowl of that at Taco Bell. Bacon, cheese, and potatoes right?

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
3. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 27, 2012, 21:04 Sepharo

New D3 PvP announcement: No PvP!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Randi Zuckerberg Dec 27, 2012, 13:54 Sepharo

Quboid, I pretty much totally agree with your assessment but it doesn't take much effort to find out that Randi Zuckerberg was an executive at Facebook... CMO / marketing director. So the last sentences from both of your posts don't really add to your point.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
103. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:51 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:39:
Snuggle Truck'ness™
OMG, I just noticed... again... that I have snuggle truck. I think it was from an indie bundle. I seem to recall noticing this before and forgetting about it.

I noticed it because I saw a surprising amount of my Steam friends have snuggle truck.

6485 Comments. 325 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo