Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6631 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Concludes
41. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 7, 2013, 20:25 Sepharo

Oh I did that stupid thing again where I quote the spam. Thanks for fixing that Blue  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 20:24 Sepharo

The microwave existed before all.  

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Concludes
39. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 7, 2013, 10:23 Sepharo

georgiathompson wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 08:41:
Like the things here.

Sure, right away boss.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2013, 12:46.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 6, 2013, 02:51 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 10:34:
Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 02:04:
I love that link from the SimCity Nissan article.

The way to get 1.8 million happy citizens? Put tax rate to zero, and provide no services at all.

To call SimCity "broken" would be giving it too much credit. It apparently doesn't actually simulate anything.

Creston

That looks like bullshit. If you don't provide both power and water, your sims will move out. I suspect someone's been hacking their copy.

Possibly using the offline hack/mod and the game is assuming regional cities will eventually provide the services but the data never arrives to update.

News Comments > Chris Avellone Joins Torment Team
13. Re: Chris Avellone Joins Torment Team Apr 5, 2013, 04:30 Sepharo

Just got the very last $20 pledge. I feel special, like 1/14995 special.

What's the difference betwen the $20 and $25? Did they recently add the $20?

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
74. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 23:05 Sepharo

SM0k3 wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 19:52:
Verno wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 14:45:
Jesus, some of my favorite games were made by LucasArts. They haven't been that same company for a long time now but this still sucks

TIE Fighter, Grim Fandango, Dark Forces, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Full Throttle, The Dig, etc. So many great games

Brings back memories, there needs to be a Classic LucasArts Adventure pack released asap!

Here's an incomplete one: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2102/

edit: And after some searching, here's the one that got me into adventure games as a kid: http://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Archives-Volume-1-Pc/dp/B00000K50T

I'm sure some relative must've picked it up because "Hey 6 games for the price of one!" one was Star Wars screensavers though. But holee shit Day of the Tentacle (includes original Maniac Mansion too), Fate of Atlantis, and Sam and Max... That was enough games to last for years before the days of internet walkthroughs.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 23:13.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 20:54 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 20:48:
So you love gratuitous violence for violence sake, huh? I guess you think things like Sandy Hook were amazing entertainment value then.

Wow tone it down there guy. Apparently if anyone likes violence in sports (any player-player contact really) they enjoy school shootings. Fuckin nut.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 31, 2013, 03:03 Sepharo

I bet it was the club where the party was held that did the hiring of the females. They can't turn away dudes at the door like they would on a regular night so they brought in outside talent to maintain the ratio  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2013, 01:53 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 00:08:
Utter laziness or console memory limitations gone crazy is what.. that's all. It takes about 2 minutes to modify a face texture to be slightly different and another 2 minutes to modify certain parts of a face model up or down, left or right. And another 30 minutes to create different colors and patterns for clothes, and however long their art pipeline from export to import into the engine takes. (If it's unreal engine, that's probably less than 10 minutes)

Creating UNIQUE art assets is expensive, modding them for slight variation is not. And hair and eye color is one of the easiest things in the world of art to change when you have a done model of someone to work with.

But worse than the people, all children in this game (per gender) are clones. It is so absurd to see a downscaled clone in the arm of that women on battleship island and 10m along you see 2 of them playing with a girl that looks like all the other girls (ugly as hell to boot). The models of the children are anatomical incorrect (sometimes bones are displaced and stretch/bend in absurd ways)

This is such an absurd stylistic break too. The world is unique, and they squander their worlds impact with laziness like that.

;/

You're not supposed to be paying that much attention the rabble. I haven't noticed it much and I think there are more models (or at least I've been given that impression) than people here are implying.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2013, 11:48 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 09:56:
Wow, really? At your place of employment they installed Win8? Do you work at Microsoft?

All of our new laptops are coming with Win 8 at work. "I didn't ask for this!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
69. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 27, 2013, 00:56 Sepharo

Alamar wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 22:53:
Too much hype... Couldn't resist... $45 on GMG...

Whaaa, now I see this?

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies 2 in Early Summer; PvZ Facebook App Beta
3. Re: Plants vs. Zombies 2 in Early Summer; PvZ Facebook App Beta Mar 26, 2013, 22:15 Sepharo

Domgrief wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 21:25:
Are there many facebook/social players on Blue's?

I got massively put off by the barrage of Facebook posts when some of my friends started playing FarmVille, and as a result I've never so much as looked at a Facebook game. I've never felt like my first moonwalking zombie is something I need to share with my manager, or great Aunt.

The way the apps post and use your account has been very much improved and standardized. It's still rather annoying but you can at least find the settings for the game and easily limit its posting to a privacy level that's only visible to you. Example: http://i.imgur.com/3MLNH6G.png

Most apps are okay with that and nobody will ever see anything about them... Others will yell at you and require you to turn some stuff on like this: http://i.imgur.com/LC42PIB.png

But once you start the game you can open a new tab and disable that again by clicking the X and it can't post activity for you again.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
65. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 21:28 Sepharo

Quick someone find something wrong (other than lack of quicksave) and stop me from spending 60 bucks!  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2013, 14:16 Sepharo

Someone wake up Blue  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 21, 2013, 00:41 Sepharo

Does it interface with your normal mobile software? Before you go out you download a local database of alerts? I'd imagine that's probably why this is kosher is because it's not hitting NCIC everytime.

That huge article and it doesn't mention who makes it anywhere as far I could see.

News Comments > Op Ed
113. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 20:53 Sepharo

But Chicago Beamer! Obama is from there and Rahm is there now! And Blagojevich! Political machine guns! I heard they have crime in Chicago and they have gun laws! Fix the crime by scrapping the gun laws!  

32. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 12:21 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:06:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:01:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:21:
You're also assuming people don't give a shit about their health enough to buy insurance if they don't already get it from their employers.

And don't even start with the "other" talking point about affordability, an individual can get full coverage in any state for less than $100 bucks a month, and if you are truly poor, you can get almost everything paid for via the ALREADY EXISTING Government programs.

But ya if you wanna gamble your life so you can instead buy all the other stupid shit people buy and don't need, that's your idiocy and not my responsibility. I count the health of me and my family as the #1 spot on my "budget" list.

Even with insurance getting cancer or some other terrible illness is going to take your finances to the brink unless you're very well off. For someone so reliant on anecdotal evidence you'd think someone you know would've experienced this. Also you must've heard during all your time analyzing cable news talking points that a major part of Obamacare was to reform the way insurance deals with pre-existing conditions... Because they were dropping people when they got sick. Even the opponents of Obamacare don't argue against that one anymore because saying, "I think insurance should be able to drop sick people when they get sick" is ridiculous.

But this stuff has already passed anyway, I don't really need to rehash the same debate with someone who still thinks everything was hunky-dory the way it was with nearly 50 million uninsured.

Entitlement much?

And seph, you certainly are the talking points guy, you won't find my real life experience in any news. Maybe YOU should have surgery in the military or in England, or maybe YOU should have a family with "responsibilities", or YOU should buy insurance -- real world might help adjust your boob tube vision on the subject.

Time for anecdotes yay!

My sister was studying abroad in Spain (my family is well off enough that she can do this) she was a young adult and a previously unknown mental illness manifested. She was alone and wandering the streets. The police took her to the hospital. There she received three weeks of excellent diagnosis and treatments not to mention the costs of just living at the hospital. Cost $0 (for a non-citizen too no less). She finally gets back home and receives care that while still great is not as good as what it was in Spain and despite having "good" insurance costs her and my parents thousands upon thousands of dollars.

That's it for me though, since despite being told that I don't watch TV you continue to bizarrely go on about my TV watching and use that like it's some sort of coup de grāce. Apparently I don't live in reality and don't have insurance and don't have family and friends and my anecdotal evidence is fantasy. The real fantasy here is that healthcare is just fine the way it is.

News Comments > Op Ed
87. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 12:04 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:50:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:36:
[...] why areas in the US with the toughest gun laws already, tend to have the most crime in regards to guns.

Same reason that states with bans on fireworks still have people launching huge illegal fireworks every 4th of July.

So because it's "tougher" to get guns in those areas, people want to kill more with them? Yeah sorry not buying it.

Areas with gun crime problems pass strict gun laws. People from those areas go to areas without strict gun laws buy the guns and bring them back. Like fireworks.

Sorry I forget that I need to spell it all out for you.

27. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 12:01 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:21:
You're also assuming people don't give a shit about their health enough to buy insurance if they don't already get it from their employers.

And don't even start with the "other" talking point about affordability, an individual can get full coverage in any state for less than $100 bucks a month, and if you are truly poor, you can get almost everything paid for via the ALREADY EXISTING Government programs.

But ya if you wanna gamble your life so you can instead buy all the other stupid shit people buy and don't need, that's your idiocy and not my responsibility. I count the health of me and my family as the #1 spot on my "budget" list.

Even with insurance getting cancer or some other terrible illness is going to take your finances to the brink unless you're very well off. For someone so reliant on anecdotal evidence you'd think someone you know would've experienced this. Also you must've heard during all your time analyzing cable news talking points that a major part of Obamacare was to reform the way insurance deals with pre-existing conditions... Because they were dropping people when they got sick. Even the opponents of Obamacare don't argue against that one anymore because saying, "I think insurance should be able to drop sick people when they get sick" is ridiculous.

But this stuff has already passed anyway, I don't really need to rehash the same debate with someone who still thinks everything was hunky-dory the way it was with nearly 50 million uninsured.

News Comments > Op Ed
83. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 11:40 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:36:
[...] why areas in the US with the toughest gun laws already, tend to have the most crime in regards to guns.

Same reason that states with bans on fireworks still have people launching huge illegal fireworks every 4th of July.

6631 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo