Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6556 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
113. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 20:53 Sepharo

But Chicago Beamer! Obama is from there and Rahm is there now! And Blagojevich! Political machine guns! I heard they have crime in Chicago and they have gun laws! Fix the crime by scrapping the gun laws!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
32. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 12:21 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:06:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:01:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:21:
You're also assuming people don't give a shit about their health enough to buy insurance if they don't already get it from their employers.

And don't even start with the "other" talking point about affordability, an individual can get full coverage in any state for less than $100 bucks a month, and if you are truly poor, you can get almost everything paid for via the ALREADY EXISTING Government programs.

But ya if you wanna gamble your life so you can instead buy all the other stupid shit people buy and don't need, that's your idiocy and not my responsibility. I count the health of me and my family as the #1 spot on my "budget" list.

Even with insurance getting cancer or some other terrible illness is going to take your finances to the brink unless you're very well off. For someone so reliant on anecdotal evidence you'd think someone you know would've experienced this. Also you must've heard during all your time analyzing cable news talking points that a major part of Obamacare was to reform the way insurance deals with pre-existing conditions... Because they were dropping people when they got sick. Even the opponents of Obamacare don't argue against that one anymore because saying, "I think insurance should be able to drop sick people when they get sick" is ridiculous.

But this stuff has already passed anyway, I don't really need to rehash the same debate with someone who still thinks everything was hunky-dory the way it was with nearly 50 million uninsured.

Entitlement much?

And seph, you certainly are the talking points guy, you won't find my real life experience in any news. Maybe YOU should have surgery in the military or in England, or maybe YOU should have a family with "responsibilities", or YOU should buy insurance -- real world might help adjust your boob tube vision on the subject.

Time for anecdotes yay!

My sister was studying abroad in Spain (my family is well off enough that she can do this) she was a young adult and a previously unknown mental illness manifested. She was alone and wandering the streets. The police took her to the hospital. There she received three weeks of excellent diagnosis and treatments not to mention the costs of just living at the hospital. Cost $0 (for a non-citizen too no less). She finally gets back home and receives care that while still great is not as good as what it was in Spain and despite having "good" insurance costs her and my parents thousands upon thousands of dollars.

That's it for me though, since despite being told that I don't watch TV you continue to bizarrely go on about my TV watching and use that like it's some sort of coup de grāce. Apparently I don't live in reality and don't have insurance and don't have family and friends and my anecdotal evidence is fantasy. The real fantasy here is that healthcare is just fine the way it is.

News Comments > Op Ed
87. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 12:04 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:50:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:36:
[...] why areas in the US with the toughest gun laws already, tend to have the most crime in regards to guns.

Same reason that states with bans on fireworks still have people launching huge illegal fireworks every 4th of July.

So because it's "tougher" to get guns in those areas, people want to kill more with them? Yeah sorry not buying it.

Areas with gun crime problems pass strict gun laws. People from those areas go to areas without strict gun laws buy the guns and bring them back. Like fireworks.

Sorry I forget that I need to spell it all out for you.

27. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 12:01 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:21:
You're also assuming people don't give a shit about their health enough to buy insurance if they don't already get it from their employers.

And don't even start with the "other" talking point about affordability, an individual can get full coverage in any state for less than $100 bucks a month, and if you are truly poor, you can get almost everything paid for via the ALREADY EXISTING Government programs.

But ya if you wanna gamble your life so you can instead buy all the other stupid shit people buy and don't need, that's your idiocy and not my responsibility. I count the health of me and my family as the #1 spot on my "budget" list.

Even with insurance getting cancer or some other terrible illness is going to take your finances to the brink unless you're very well off. For someone so reliant on anecdotal evidence you'd think someone you know would've experienced this. Also you must've heard during all your time analyzing cable news talking points that a major part of Obamacare was to reform the way insurance deals with pre-existing conditions... Because they were dropping people when they got sick. Even the opponents of Obamacare don't argue against that one anymore because saying, "I think insurance should be able to drop sick people when they get sick" is ridiculous.

But this stuff has already passed anyway, I don't really need to rehash the same debate with someone who still thinks everything was hunky-dory the way it was with nearly 50 million uninsured.

News Comments > Op Ed
83. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 11:40 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:36:
[...] why areas in the US with the toughest gun laws already, tend to have the most crime in regards to guns.

Same reason that states with bans on fireworks still have people launching huge illegal fireworks every 4th of July.

21. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 11:10 Sepharo

I didn't think I had to enumerate what kinds of heath problems could bankrupt a person. I'm obviously not talking about broken bones or colds.  

18. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 02:46 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 02:08:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 00:41:
Was that a proposition or an incorrect simplification of the "healthcare debate" supported by personal anecdotes?

Greatest health care system in the world? You're talking about the one that bankrupts you if you get sick right?

You go MSNBC!

I don't watch TV news. Also I think that's cable news, I don't have that either.

16. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 20, 2013, 00:41 Sepharo

Was that a proposition or an incorrect simplification of the "healthcare debate" supported by personal anecdotes?

Greatest health care system in the world? You're talking about the one that bankrupts you if you get sick right?

News Comments > Op Ed
76. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2013, 23:53 Sepharo

I really don't see people making the "ban all guns" argument too often but that's the strawman argued against nearly everytime regulation comes up.

The current mishmash of regulations we have is such a joke that it's no wonder criminals can get AKs so easily. Even if somehow everyone got on the same page and unanimously agreed on sensible and strict regulations we'd still have a huge problem considering how many legal/registered and illegal/unregistered weapons are already out there. But I don't believe that because nothing will completely solve the problem that we shouldn't try at all.

It blows my mind that we don't have a functional national database for tracking all guns. All ownership should be tracked and accountable from manufacture to current owner. Find out who's selling/"losing" the guns to criminals. I know this is done on a smaller scale already but it's broken, unreliable, and dependent on the jurisdiction. I know people are worried about the tyranny of being tracked in a database but it's not all that much different from the databases your record already lives in for things like drivers licenses, medical licenses, hunting licenses whatever... These have traditionally been state run as opposed to federally run but the federal government can apply financial pressure to ensure minimum standards. Your state's shitty gun laws affect my life. Once again, I know this won't completely solve the problem... Smugglers and illegal dealers aren't going away and will in fact increase when obtaining guns legally becomes more difficult. But the idea is that if we're going to allow people to have guns their backgrounds should be checked, they should have to take a class, the weapon should be registered, all transfers should be tracked, and they should be held liable within reason for how that weapon is used while it remains in their name. Reduce gun crimes committed with legal guns, the more dangerous the gun the more difficult it should be to get. Yeah, yeah, there are people who very dangerous even with a pistol but those people aren't the ones robbing cell phone stores with very affordable and easy to get unregistered AKs.

Went rambling with that third paragraph there a bit but it'd feel like a waste to delete it now

News Comments > SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed
113. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 22:36 Sepharo

Texas Jake wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 21:42:
EA fixed the game, it's fun now. Time to move on.

They fixed the AI and removed an unnecessary always-online requirement? Hoooray!

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Mar 18, 2013, 22:28 Sepharo

I think both of you (Azusa and SMA) made some good points but your last one Azusa is kind of strange.

"[T]he framers intended the citizenry to possess weaponry [...] as a check against the might of the militia."

I'm pretty sure the 2nd amendment is a militia check against the army. Not a citizen check against the militia. Militias are made up of citizens instead of soldiers right? The framers didn't want the federal government to use the army to bully States so an amendment was passed to prohibit prohibiting militias.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I don't see how you can claim it's the clearest amendment while the nation has been having this same discussion about its meaning since just about the time it was written.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2013, 22:12 Sepharo

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 21:55:
Dad for instilling the fear of stupid people in me, "Always gotta be on the lookout for them. Don't expect them to do the right thing, expect the stupid" and video games for the hyper focus, situational awareness, multiple actor tracking, and reaction speed.

My father always said "drive safe" and never failed to work it into the end of the conversation...

He says that too but I don't think anyone who's ever driven with him would call him a safe driver. He claims to have never been in an accident before but I can only vouch for the past 26 years, and for about 20 of those his sales job required about 50% travel. Must be doing something right.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2013, 21:05 Sepharo

Took my driver's training classes with the local cops. Class was pretty informative even though roughly 50% of it was "Tell us more cop stories!"

I credit my dad and video games with most of my driving prowess beyond the rules though. Dad for instilling the fear of stupid people in me, "Always gotta be on the lookout for them. Don't expect them to do the right thing, expect the stupid" and video games for the hyper focus, situational awareness, multiple actor tracking, and reaction speed.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
48. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2013, 23:48 Sepharo

Jivaro wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 23:36:
They simply have faith that they are correct because they have never seen any proof to the contrary.

Uh... lack of evidence of something doesn't mean that you have to have faith it doesn't exist.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2013, 23:37 Sepharo

Reggie Bush on the Lions Clap  

News Comments > Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine
15. Re: Ron Gilbert Leaves Double Fine Mar 13, 2013, 00:13 Sepharo

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 16:13:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 14:33:
Hmm, hopefully this doesn't affect the double fine kickstarter project in some way. Hopefully this is just a post "The Cave" change. I don't think that game sold very well but I can only speak for my own wallet.

Ron's not part of the development team for Double Fine Adventure. Though it would have been great if he was IMO.

He's not but nearly the whole team for The Cave just joined up. Latest episode of the docu has been out a few days now btw

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 13, 2013, 00:07 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 23:51:
I make software for a living, as part of a medium sized company. We have had customers leave, and it's hard, but usually they don't tell us why they are leaving, so we learn little from that. We guess. We also have long term customers who give us constant feedback. We do our best to respond to that feedback, and keep those customers. We value our customers, and as a result we've been expanding despite a shaky economy.

We have biannual customer surveys, 24/7 support, product advisory groups, product show-and-tells, and a yearly customer conference. I don't know for certain but I would bet big that if we lose a customer there's a process and effort to find out why. Have I ever told you guys that I love working for a company with integrity?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2013, 18:55 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 12:02:
Maybe that was your experience but I recall the general shitstorm on forums because people couldn't decrypt the HL2 files or whatever after work. I guess it's their own fault for not calling in sick though WoW was alright, I remember the servers being really unstable in general but you could at least get some time into it. The UO launch was way worse but I guess forgivable since it was one of the first MMORPGs.

FF14 was probably one of the worst, not only for the technical problems but the fact that it was a really incomplete game that should have never launched.

That must have been later in the day. Turns out I didn't post around launch but you can see others in Out Of The Blue unlocking the files at 3:01 (Valve midnight launch) finishing up around 3:15-3:30 and playing. A very smooth launch night for one of the most anticipated games of all time on a new service no less.

7. Worst PC game Launches Mar 12, 2013, 11:48 Sepharo

I was playing HL2 at launch, if there was a delay it was a couple hours at most on launch day. Could probably find my posts here to confirm it.

Same with WoW.

I don't think either of those belong in the top 5. There have been far worse launches.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2013, 11:56.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2013, 21:52 Sepharo

But I saw them eating it.  

6556 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo