Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6644 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 22:48 Sepharo

Laying off 18% is a massive layoff.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2013, 21:20 Sepharo

Spoiler text:

Kept hearing people say shit like "Just wait until the Red Wedding" and still as I sat there watching the wedding I had no idea what was about to happen. Then after the initial firing squad "Oh I guess that's why they call it the Red Wedding." Then just about every character stands back up somehow only to be killed again.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2013, 16:32 Sepharo

D-Rock wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 13:31:
Sepharo wrote on May 31, 2013, 18:47:
I'm not going to bother reading the rest of your post.

I'm not sure how much of it you actually read, but it's clear from your last post that you are an apologist for bad / disrespectful behavior. The punishment for putting other people's lives at risk because of your own stupidity is supposed to be a world of hurt. If it's easy, people have an incentive to just keep doing it.

Stop making excuses for your loser friends and family.

Hilarious. I knew there would be somebody who would jump to the "Don't do illegal things!" response when simply discussing the aftermath. There's always one.

"I don't agree with capital punishment."
"WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF MASS MURDER ADVOCATE?!"

Stop making excuses for your loser friends and family.

Real classy.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 01:33 Sepharo

Is that any different anywhere? The contractors are always the outsiders... that's kind of the point. Yeah if you're the best contractor and you mesh well with the team you might get hired on as a full employee with benefits.

I have a bit of a bias against low (and some supposedly high) level software contractors. I feel like they couldn't make it as a full employee somewhere and end up at the contract house. Now they hop from company to company crapping up the code. Sounds harsh but I kind of question the intelligence of someone choosing to sign up with a contract house. Though I do realize that's the only option sometimes (gotta eat) and it's not inconceivable that I'll end up at one someday.

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2013, 18:47 Sepharo

I'm not going to bother reading the rest of your post. I'm obviously not advocating any of that behavior. All I said is that it isn't uncommon. When someone gets a DUI these days they are in for a world of hurt legally and economically and for a very long time (I'm not debating whether or not the punishment is justified). You need to be absolutely flawless for the next few years including in aspects of your life that non-offenders don't have to deal with. All I said is that is made all the more difficult when your being hounded by paparazzi and what amounts to the abuse of the entire world/internet. It's likely that you have people in your life (coworkers, friends, family) that have dealt with legal problems in their lives that you know nothing about... because it's a private matter and they don't want you knowing. Amanda Bynes does not have that luxury, it's all public all the time. I wrote my post knowing nothing but her arrest record, now seeing her crazy comments it's more likely that she has a mental illness and it now makes a bit more sense why they took her to the psych ward.  

News Comments > Massive Chalice - Double Fine's Strategy Game Kickstarter
7. Re: Massive Chalice - Double Fine's Strategy Game Kickstarter May 30, 2013, 22:11 Sepharo

nin wrote on May 30, 2013, 20:24:
I backed just for the 2P doc. Told them if they offer a bluray like they did with the previous KS and Fortnight, I'd toss in more. And reading the comments, I wasn't the only one. I find them fascinating...

And, oh hey, a game...cool! :)

Haha that's exactly what I looked for first... Am I getting a 2PP docu out of this? Yes? Sold!

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2013, 03:33 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 30, 2013, 01:44:
Offhand I can't think of a single game I have in which my wife/gf/daughter gets killed and I go on a rampage of vengeance?
Agent.X7 wrote on May 30, 2013, 02:06:
Max Payne?

Haha yeah.
As I read that sentence I thought it was sarcasm.

-

Weirdly, in (modern) great Adventure games the strong female character really seems to be the trope: April Ryan, Zoey, Kate Walker, Rosella. In both Quantic Dream games (Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain) you play segments as strong female secondary character.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2013, 03:08 Sepharo

nin wrote on May 30, 2013, 01:56:
Sepharo wrote on May 29, 2013, 21:13:

I feel bad for Amanda Bynes... She's getting this reputation but I think it's undeserved. She's not at Lohan's level yet. The things she's been in trouble for are no different than what ordinary people get in trouble for. Cell Phone while driving, DUI... Then they suspend her license so she of course gets a ticket for driving on a suspended license. Once you're in that system it's difficult to escape and being hounded by paparazzi certainly isn't going to make it easier. I have friends and family with similar rap sheets and I know it's not easy even when photographers aren't chasing you anywhere you go.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on these latest charges. The doorman called the police for smelling marijuana... what? And then they answered that call with multiple officers... what? Then they put her in a psych ward... what?

Have you read the shit she's been saying? She can go jump off a bridge...

Nope, hadn't read any of that... Ahh that's what I get for sticking to the cliff notes (arrest record).

News Comments > Scrolls Beta Content Clarified
17. Re: Scrolls Beta Content Clarified May 29, 2013, 23:44 Sepharo

Consider 0x10c Minecraft 2.
Sandbox in space.

There's a side documentary about Scrolls included with the Minecraft documentary.

Here it be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8atE70UgCPY

Notch is not involved... well beyond giving his buddy a job and funding his game with Minecraft profits.

News Comments > Scrolls Beta Content Clarified
15. Re: Scrolls Beta Content Clarified May 29, 2013, 21:28 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 29, 2013, 15:16:
jacobvandy wrote on May 29, 2013, 14:33:
Minecraft would be well worth it at $100... Just sayin'.

Granted, that probably isn't the case with this new one, though I don't know much about it, specifically.

Value is relative. I tired Minecrap for a few hours and I wouldn't pay $1 for it. It was only a success because it became something of a meme like Angry Birds. 'What, you're not on board the XYZ train with everyone else? What's wrong with you?!'

You've already been called on it but I'll add on anyway.

Minecraft isn't "only a success because it became something of a meme". It's a success because it's a great game that appeals to all demographics for a variety of reasons. It went viral because of word of mouth and that word of mouth was "You gotta try this awesome game, it's only $15."

You don't like Minecraft, fine. I don't like 2D sidescrollers, that's also fine. But when you belittle the game as some sort of fluke you're totally wrong.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 21:13 Sepharo

Verno wrote on May 29, 2013, 11:24:
Some child star following the standard spoiled kid who thinks the world worships her acting out later in life routine. The tale is such a cliche I'm amazed anyone gives a fuck but I guess people just love reveling in the misery of others.

I feel bad for Amanda Bynes... She's getting this reputation but I think it's undeserved. She's not at Lohan's level yet. The things she's been in trouble for are no different than what ordinary people get in trouble for. Cell Phone while driving, DUI... Then they suspend her license so she of course gets a ticket for driving on a suspended license. Once you're in that system it's difficult to escape and being hounded by paparazzi certainly isn't going to make it easier. I have friends and family with similar rap sheets and I know it's not easy even when photographers aren't chasing you anywhere you go.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on these latest charges. The doorman called the police for smelling marijuana... what? And then they answered that call with multiple officers... what? Then they put her in a psych ward... what?

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 21:01 Sepharo

Ant wrote on May 29, 2013, 13:07:
PHJF wrote on May 28, 2013, 10:16:

So what do the female employees look like? Are there any?

Women in electronics/IT?

I don't think they exist.
There are a few. Just a few compared to males.

I wouldn't really consider the Apple Store electronics/IT ... It's a retail job.

Software development is historically seen as male dominated but our current pool of of developers is over 1/3rd female. My daily team meeting is 7/16. Though our one American female developer left a few years ago. The 7 women on my team now are Indian, Taiwanese, and Russian. Hey ladies, do you want a job when you graduate? Go CompSci!

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
42. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 20:41 Sepharo

Pyloff wrote on May 29, 2013, 18:36:
Hellbinder wrote on May 29, 2013, 14:15:
what possible reason could they have for wanting to make huge design and technology changes to the game now?? after so many years?

Honestly why do companies do this?? I am sure Titan is fine the way it is and heck its probably awesome. I guarantee you they do not need to change the game design or the technology.

The question is what clueless suit wearing douche-bag walked in and made such a retarded decision.

You can't be that naive.

The suit walked in said let's ship this pile of shit already and the one honest guy with ballz of steel stopped the freight train. Their only redemption is they haven't married it to a massive expensive marketing campaign with a vague release date.

Like I said yesterday, it's more like a suit walked in and said "This needs to be F2P, rework the economy to make it so." Then the honest guy with the balls of steel told him they couldn't just slap that onto the existing game ( la D3) so he told them to start over and you might as well make it work for PS4 and Xbox1 while you're at it.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
7. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 19:55 Sepharo

Fion wrote on May 28, 2013, 19:38:
Called it.

I had said multiple times previously on this forum that Titan was a casual game originally designed not to compete with WoW but either was or will be mothballed and its assets used in a new MMOG that would essentially replace WoW.

I'd bet it was the other way around. It was probably WoW in space and they realized they'd need to do more than just that. So here comes the F2P, RMAH, Facebook integration, and PS4/Xbox1 compatibility.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
54. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 22:53 Sepharo

Gotta agree with Prez here. I just can't get into 2D sidescrollers. It's not that I don't like 2D games, I enjoy puzzle games, rpgs, adventures in 2D just not when they're sidescrolling (The Cave was really pushing it with me). They feel very limited to me, like some have mentioned here when I was playing Terraria I kind of just felt like I'd rather play minecraft where I could explore in 3 dimensions.

I don't want to diminish the genre though. I understand why people like them and there are really beautiful and interesting/innovative 2D sidescrollers out there, just not for me.

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming
12. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 06:33 Sepharo

"How can I steer this discussion of FOV into a way for me to unsubtly bash Muslims?"

Paperbag Quinn finds a way!

News Comments > One Billion Hours of BF3
4. Re: One Billion Hours of BF3 May 25, 2013, 17:35 Sepharo

I wish there was a good way to tell how many hours I've put into CS, CS:S, and CS:GO.

GO should theoretically be accurate at 222 hours.
Source says 673 but that's just a fraction of it.
CS probably would have the most for me but that predates Steam.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 23, 2013, 22:02 Sepharo

I like that they used little bricks to give the appearance of big bricks.  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
62. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 21:48 Sepharo

Closed Betas wrote on May 23, 2013, 21:30:
Changing the development structure made MS trabiillions to continue float, (making cash of re-education of new uneeded change in technologies, going to VbNet,and now this new win8 crap)

What, you were a big fan of VB6 or something?

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer
8. Re: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer May 22, 2013, 23:10 Sepharo

ItBurn wrote on May 22, 2013, 22:06:
Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:58:
Rattlehead wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:26:
As far as fighting games go mortal kombat is pretty bad. The fighting mechanics are not very in depth and the action is slow and bland. I never understood the fascination with Mortal Kombat, and I suspect it's only popular because it's so damn violent. It doesn't help that there are HUGE character imbalances too with some clearly being superior to others *cough* Jax *cough*

The one fighting game I really want to come to PC is Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I read a rumor that Capcom would love to release a PC SKU but Marvel is holding back the rights. But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I've never really been a big fan of fighters but from what I've heard MK (surprising to me) is one the big competition games these days. I have a handful of friends who attend the tournaments and post in the various communities and they're talking about MK.

The old MK games had a TERRIBLE fighting system, but the latest one apparently has a professional grade one.

That's what I was getting at

6644 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo