Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6605 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
23. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 11, 2013, 02:31 Sepharo

Don't you talk bad about SGU.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
124. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 11, 2013, 01:53 Sepharo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 10, 2013, 16:54:
What set him off was some people here, who started screaming "racist!" kinda shit -- which was uncalled for, and, matter of fact, inaccurate.

You're a known bigot here, you know that right?
That's not name calling, it's fact.

I know you're Dutch, so allow me to post the definition of the word for you in case you don't understand.

Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group (e.g. religion, race, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.

Your whole shtick is "Too many Muslims! Can't even find Dutch people anymore!"

I live in the suburbs of Detroit. My neighborhood is majority Indian, 15 minutes south of me there's an area that's majority Muslim (with an area nearby that's mostly Iraqi Christians), Detroit is majority Black, except in the south west where it is majority Mexican. We peacefully coexist and interact with each other everyday, we're all Americans. A small minority of the population is racist, they whine when they see cultures that they identify as not "real Americans", forgetting that everyone here except Native Americans trace back to immigrants. My 4 grandparents are, Polish, Hungarian, German, and English so my ancestry is a quarter of each. Except the English, there were periods in the United-States where each of those weren't considered "American", hell the Polaks and Honkeys weren't even considered "White" once. One grandmother came from a family of 13 and a grandfather from a family of 10 ("they breed like cattle"). They literally lived in shacks in the woods and were so poor they were lucky to get a piece of fruit for Christmas. They fought WW2, got jobs, bought homes and cars, and ultimately contributed to the awesome U.S.A.

Can you see why an American finds your ethnic nationalism disgusting?
Fine, The Netherlands isn't America, round-up your Muslims and kick them out, "YER KIND AIN'T WANTED HERE!"

This comment was edited on May 11, 2013, 02:07.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2013, 03:59 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 8, 2013, 00:33:
Sepharo wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:38:
Creston wrote on May 7, 2013, 18:31:
... The Jarl of Whiterun ...

I can't even read this name without laughing now because of watching this hundreds of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREwEpjGN_0

You watched this hundreds of times? Oooo...kay. *backs away slowly*

Creston

My friends and I use it as a Rickroll.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse May 9, 2013, 03:54 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 8, 2013, 15:35:
Our biggest issue recently is to stop using periods in device names -- so it will reduce the pain of dealing with DNS. For instance, a name in the old standard might be something like:

sw1.2-01.abc
sw2.2-01.abc

So that would be the switch pair, in cabinet 2-01 (row 2, cab 01), in the "abc" location. Trying to DNS around that complicates your life...

So what do you do now? sw12-01abc? Or you give it a codename?

For our virtual machines:

(Team selected category)(Division)(Dev/Rel)(Client/Server)(Number)

AfroADC00
AfroADC01
AfroADB00
AfroADB01
BowlcutADC00
BowlcutADC01
BowlcutADB00
BowlcutADB01
Crewcut..
Devilock..

Allspice
Basil
Cardamom
Dill

115. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 9, 2013, 03:42 Sepharo

Prez wrote on May 8, 2013, 13:46:
I am SOOOOO happy Blue is clamping down on the never-ending politico debates. I can read this crap in the CNN and USA Today forum in every news story. I certainly don't need it here too.

Don't act like you haven't often participated

I'm not one for censorship but I understand it's Blue's site and he is law. I do hope this doesn't mean a reduction in articles on "political" topics because there is a place for these kind of discussions this thread just doesn't happen to be one of them. I do find the euro-racism (ethnic nationalism I guess) to be interesting though.

114. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 9, 2013, 03:32 Sepharo

Verno wrote on May 8, 2013, 09:58:
You guys only have yourselves to blame. Blue posted last week that there was going to be a push back against this sort of off-topic, political/religion derailing that has becoming more and more common around here which is pissing off the site regulars. Acting like it's a restriction of your personal freedoms is absurd, you just want to post some personal grievances and get attention.

Also freedom of expression doesn't pertain to a privately owned website though I would note that Blue is exceptionally lenient in this regard and you do not give him credit for even half of the shit you would not get away with anywhere else (which is why some of you are here). If you had posted this kind of shit on SA anywhere but the Debate Forum I would have banned the lot of you and most other sites follow the same rules

Interrupting my reading of this golden thread to ask: Since when are you an admin at SA Verno?

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2013, 22:38 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 7, 2013, 18:31:
... The Jarl of Whiterun ...

I can't even read this name without laughing now because of watching this hundreds of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREwEpjGN_0

News Comments > The Sims 4 Announced
11. Re: The Sims 4 Announced May 6, 2013, 17:59 Sepharo

Hard to believe that Sims 2 came out when I was a freshman in college. Seems longer ago than that, I thought it would've been 3 until I looked it up. I remember I helped a girl in the dorms pirate the Sims 2 and the next day I nearly had to institute a waiting list because so many people had found out and wanted me to install it on their computers as well. I think I just ended up making a CD with instructions and removed myself from the process like the forever-alone I am  

News Comments > Infinite Space 3 Kickstarter Concludes
1. Re: Infinite Space 3 Kickstarter Concludes May 4, 2013, 14:52 Sepharo

Damn, missed this somehow.

Love Weird Worlds.

News Comments > Pinball FX2 on Steam Next Week
16. Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam Next Week May 4, 2013, 13:36 Sepharo

It's certainly not better than the real thing but with some setups people have today you can hip-check them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNHso3BVmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoECRkVhfDI

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
10. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:59 Sepharo

I'm pissed that SyFy basically said they were getting out of the sci-fi show business, cancelled Stargate Universe and Caprica, but then came back a few years later with shittier sci-fi shows.  

News Comments > Gooseman AMA Today
4. Re: Gooseman AMA Today May 2, 2013, 21:37 Sepharo

And nobody asked about what happened to CS2... Or at least he didn't answer any questions about that beyond that it was stressful doing the R&D for it / being the leader.

I want to know what the peer situation at Valve is like. How "cool" do you need to be to get people to want to join on to your project.

News Comments > Gooseman AMA Today
1. Re: Gooseman AMA Today May 2, 2013, 11:31 Sepharo

75% of the questions will be about working at Valve I bet. Probably a bunch related to HL3 too.

It will be interesting to hear why CS 2 failed. Was he passionate about it but nobody wanted to "push their desks" to his project? Or had it already fizzled out before Valve implemented their current form/lack of management.

News Comments > Camelot Unchained Funded
5. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 23:20 Sepharo

MacLeod wrote on May 1, 2013, 21:31:
I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.

Lotta lurkers.

I see you out there!

News Comments > Browser Games from Notch and Broussard
10. Re: Browser Games from Notch and Broussard May 1, 2013, 21:36 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 1, 2013, 15:39:
A typing game? It took him 48 hours to make a typing game? Whatever.

I'm lucky to finish a polished data entry form in 48 hours following existing patterns. Making any sort of playable game in 48 hours is a feat.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 1, 2013, 21:31 Sepharo

4 views?

Are you the user?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II May 1, 2013, 21:19 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on May 1, 2013, 20:40:
Overon wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 22:37:
The game is very much like the first one except with a more open world feel. You really should read up on the plot of the first game and go through the tutorial/prologue in order to understand wtf is going on.

I remember something about stealing babies..

Lies.
Father-Mother birthed all those babies...

53. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2013, 01:31 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 11:10:
InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 10:59:
Legalizing booze brought down the gangs or at least forced them to shift to other illegal ventures it allowed the government to get a grip on a huge problem.

That doesn't happen in a vacuum, though. The congressmen can describe the "gateway drug" theory as a red herring, but it's a genuine effect. When the Netherlands legalized soft drugs, the use of hardcore drugs went up considerably, and with that came the Russian and (former) Yugoslavian maffia that for awhile controlled basically the entire hardcore drug market. And they were the kind of hardcore criminals that you normally only see in movies, and which the Dutch police and investigators were wholly unprepared to deal with.

I have to admit I haven't looked into it and you seem much more knowledgeable about it, but I don't think those two are connected. Probably just two different events; marijuana was legalized, Eastern Europeans started selling hard drugs.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II Apr 30, 2013, 20:46 Sepharo

Figures right after I put the kibosh on game buying (because I just don't seem to play them anymore) something already comes out that I want.

Really enjoyed the first one and it was one of the few games that I actually finished in the past decade.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2013, 21:54 Sepharo

Tattoos: I'm going to get "Sepharo" in old english across my back over crossed AK and Colt M4A1  

6605 Comments. 331 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo