Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 23:52 Sepharo

I've never traded in a game before. Seems weird to me even though I don't consider myself a collector even. If I had any intention to buy a console (I don't) I'd be more mad that I couldn't play the games offline. Fine make me activate them, but after that they need to be able to play offline indefinitely.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2013, 23:40 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:09:
Mmm aspartame, still legally classified a biochemical weapon by the military and a proven cancer causing agent. Drink up, kids!

Don't believe all the evidence to the contrary it's a big conspiracy!!!
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame#Safety_and_health_effects

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Two
5. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Two Jun 13, 2013, 22:35 Sepharo

edit: nm, misunderstood  

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
21. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 21:27 Sepharo

I'm actually most excited for Titanfall.
Source + MP FPS + CoD4 devs + Mechs + Pretty = Wooooo!

Very pessimistic about The Division... It looks pretty but I bet it's repetitive and has bad mechanics. I'd love to be wrong though.

News Comments > Op Ed
85. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 21:17 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 03:25:
I'm normally mostly on board with being "politically correct" (polite) but this reaction, though not unexpected, seems a bit much for what was said and a whistle.

I have to say that I disagree in the strongest way possible with your insinuation that being "politically correct" and "polite" are the same thing, because they aren't.

Note that "politically correct" is in quotes.

Example: I see nothing wrong with the word "midget". But I've been told that midgets don't like to be called that, so to be polite I would use their apparent term of choice "little person" because I like being polite.

News Comments > Op Ed
66. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 01:42 Sepharo

I gotta be honest, I've never really thought about "It'll all be over soon" as a rape joke. Isn't it also said for torture, ass beatings, and just getting pwnt? Not that those are better alternatives but I don't think it's solely a saying about rape. Right?

You're not going to tell me that the ol' "this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you" is going to be corrupted that way too is it?

I'm normally mostly on board with being "politically correct" (polite) but this reaction, though not unexpected, seems a bit much for what was said and a whistle.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 12, 2013, 20:58 Sepharo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 12:56:
I've funded several games through KS but this has to be the one I'm most looking forward to. There has been a huge number of progress updates and it's by far the most professional looking, as well as being a genre close to my heart. Starlancer was one of my favourite space sim (up there with Tie Fighter) and this has the potential to surpass it. Another plus is the support for the Oculus Rift.

Of all the KS projects this has to be the most credible and the most ambitious.

I agree it's a professional and well done Kickstarter project but I don't know about the most credible.
I'd say the released games are more credible
And Broken Age (Double Fine's Adventure game) is the credible because you can watch the process from nothing to playable already.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
184. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 00:49 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 00:42:
I wouldn't let my ego get too inflated there, fella. You may be good at Counterstrike, but the Lions still suck.

Yeah but I don't have any control over that...
Though I'm optimistic for this upcoming season. Reggie Bush. Broyles and Burleson healthy so we have some receivers besides Megatron and crazy Titus.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 00:32 Sepharo

These are being kicked off youtube left and right by "Viacom"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUzaqOU06M

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
181. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 00:13 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:09:
Sony really gave it to Microsoft sans lube last night, I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.

Hah, wasn't expecting to see that at the beginning of this thread, thanks

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 23:38 Sepharo

I don't give a shit that machines are storing and analyzing my digital life.

What I do care about is how that information is used against me. I'm much more upset that there were cases brought against the government concerning this spying and that they denied the data existed. Make the program public (thanks Mr. Snowden) and give the citizen a chance to fight against misuse of this data when it occurs.

If someone sees you on a message board planning a terrorist attack and they report it to the police, a warrant is obtained and they begin monitoring your communications and building a case. You're innocent until proven guilty. You get a lawyer, you get a jury of your peers. Throw out this secret tribunal shit and be up front with the evidence, how it was obtained and why that was justified. I'm willing to allow this process to begin with a program instead of a concerned informant but there has to be accountability, oversight, and regulation... it has to be fucking voted on by our elected "representatives" and we have to have our day in court.

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
66. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 04:19 Sepharo

Kind of surprised more isn't being made out of this being on the Source engine. I was definitely not expecting that from Respawn Entertainment.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2013, 21:44 Sepharo

Speaking of long series that may or may not have lost their way...

I finally finished up Stephen King's Dark Tower (including the new one which happened to coincidentally line up chronologically for me). I wasn't as disappointed with the ending as the internet seems to think I should be. But maybe that's because I had heard ahead of time and so I was prepped for something more terrible than it was.

My favorite part of the series was Lud. I could read a whole series just taking place in Lud I think.

Reading A Canticle for Leibowitz now.

News Comments > DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer
10. Re: DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer Jun 4, 2013, 22:51 Sepharo

Finnish DuckTales theme: http://uncutohh.ytmnd.com/

I think I spent way too much time at YTMND because there seems to be very little that doesn't remind me of a YTMND page.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 19:57 Sepharo

My phone is protecting me today because this implementation of secret text doesn't work on it  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 22:48 Sepharo

Laying off 18% is a massive layoff.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2013, 21:20 Sepharo

Spoiler text:

Kept hearing people say shit like "Just wait until the Red Wedding" and still as I sat there watching the wedding I had no idea what was about to happen. Then after the initial firing squad "Oh I guess that's why they call it the Red Wedding." Then just about every character stands back up somehow only to be killed again.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2013, 16:32 Sepharo

D-Rock wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 13:31:
Sepharo wrote on May 31, 2013, 18:47:
I'm not going to bother reading the rest of your post.

I'm not sure how much of it you actually read, but it's clear from your last post that you are an apologist for bad / disrespectful behavior. The punishment for putting other people's lives at risk because of your own stupidity is supposed to be a world of hurt. If it's easy, people have an incentive to just keep doing it.

Stop making excuses for your loser friends and family.

Hilarious. I knew there would be somebody who would jump to the "Don't do illegal things!" response when simply discussing the aftermath. There's always one.

"I don't agree with capital punishment."
"WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF MASS MURDER ADVOCATE?!"

Stop making excuses for your loser friends and family.

Real classy.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 01:33 Sepharo

Is that any different anywhere? The contractors are always the outsiders... that's kind of the point. Yeah if you're the best contractor and you mesh well with the team you might get hired on as a full employee with benefits.

I have a bit of a bias against low (and some supposedly high) level software contractors. I feel like they couldn't make it as a full employee somewhere and end up at the contract house. Now they hop from company to company crapping up the code. Sounds harsh but I kind of question the intelligence of someone choosing to sign up with a contract house. Though I do realize that's the only option sometimes (gotta eat) and it's not inconceivable that I'll end up at one someday.

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2013, 18:47 Sepharo

I'm not going to bother reading the rest of your post. I'm obviously not advocating any of that behavior. All I said is that it isn't uncommon. When someone gets a DUI these days they are in for a world of hurt legally and economically and for a very long time (I'm not debating whether or not the punishment is justified). You need to be absolutely flawless for the next few years including in aspects of your life that non-offenders don't have to deal with. All I said is that is made all the more difficult when your being hounded by paparazzi and what amounts to the abuse of the entire world/internet. It's likely that you have people in your life (coworkers, friends, family) that have dealt with legal problems in their lives that you know nothing about... because it's a private matter and they don't want you knowing. Amanda Bynes does not have that luxury, it's all public all the time. I wrote my post knowing nothing but her arrest record, now seeing her crazy comments it's more likely that she has a mental illness and it now makes a bit more sense why they took her to the psych ward.  

6639 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo