Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6593 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
13. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 17, 2013, 21:50 Sepharo

walrus1 wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 17:32:
I played Blood Money when it first came out and loved loved loved it. I didn't play 1 or 2 when they first got released. But went back and played Contracts (2) after playing Blood Money. I didn't think it aged very well at all.

Contracts is not Hitman 2. Personally I find Contracts to be the worst one (haven't played Absolution yet) but I've had this conversation here before and recognize I may just not have played far enough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
26. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 18:12 Sepharo

Win8 has some nasty new UAC issues. There's actually a new invisible level of administrative access that can't be achieved by simply dragging the UAC slider to the bottom (you need to fuck around in the reigstry). Once you turn UAC off all of the new metro apps refuse to work, which is a funny reversal because normally apps don't work without administrative access, these apps don't work with administrative access. I bet for the alpha they haven't gone through yet to make sure that administrative access isn't required and they don't want to deal with the hassle of teaching people how do this on Win8... and then once they do having to explain why their metro apps don't work anymore.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2013, 20:32 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 20:26:
Wow that sucks Seph. What kind of beer?

Yuengling. Since I live in Michigan I need to drive down to Ohio to grab it so I figured that was a bit more thoughtful than picking up a gift card or something

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2013, 19:09 Sepharo

Picked my dad up two cases of his favorite beer for father's day. On the drive home I start smelling beer. Once there, I open up both cases and find that in one of them two of the damn bottles broke. The other case was fine and I notice the one with the broken bottles has horizontal cardboard dividers but is missing the vertical ones. Thanks to whoever did that my new car gets to smell like stale beer for a week or so.  

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
6. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 15, 2013, 15:24 Sepharo

They're ya go Volition (and Deep Silver?).
No reason DLC and community mods can't exist side by side.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
34. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 15, 2013, 02:13 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 02:10:
Usually the $15-25 tier gets you the test versions, if they even do a public test.

I wouldn't say that's usual. That's probably unusually low for beta access on the Kickstarters I've seen. That's the usual price just for digital delivery when it's done.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Four
8. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Four Jun 15, 2013, 01:53 Sepharo

Nintendo has booth guys on page 4 of that link.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free
5. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free Jun 15, 2013, 00:24 Sepharo

Haha, this is pretty convenient since it's the one I didn't buy.

Apparently BF3 is $5 right now too.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
27. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 20:57 Sepharo

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the thief wasn't after the source code to Luftrausers.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 14, 2013, 20:38 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 16:38:
I've been reading it about for years. One email on Snopes and a few bits on wikipedia doesn't nothing to change that. It is a biochemical weapon. And do you trust the FDA as far as you can throw them? Tons of other studies have shown it's a dangerous ingredient anyway you slice it.

A few bits on wikipedia... Do you know what a citation is?

For someone who is right all the time you sure are wrong a lot.

News Comments > Op Ed
98. Re: Op Ed Jun 14, 2013, 20:32 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 19:09:
Patton Oswald discusses rape jokes and why people can't deny rape culture exists.

I agree with him that you can't deny that a rape culture exists.
But I don't agree with him on this point:
First off: no one is trying to make rape, as a subject, off-limits. No one is talking about censorship. In this past week of re-reading the blogs, going through the comment threads, and re-scrolling the Twitter arguments, I haven’t once found a single statement, feminist or otherwise, saying that rape shouldn’t be joked under any circumstance, regardless of context. Not one example of this.

There are people in this very thread saying that and they're wrong.

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
23. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 14, 2013, 01:52 Sepharo

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 00:14:
Think he is confused as he is saturated in the "hype mainstream" market hoopla that is the real goal of publisher.

Wait I'm confused or he's confused?
Either way, I'm confused now... what the hell does that sentence mean?
"saturated in the hype mainstream market hoopla corporate hullabaloo publisher bonanza"

22. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 14, 2013, 01:49 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 00:00:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:55:
NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:50:
Even if they had mod support, we'd never see something like Desert Combat again anyway, and the annual release cycle would fracture the player base pretty significantly to the point where it'd be hard to get a stable modded server community going in the way we had in 1942.

How does CS do it?
Valve lets the mod community do what it wants and it's made an entire industry of harnessing it.

I'm confused. Valve is about as far removed from EA's annual cycle business model as possible. Not really a good comparison. If EA is releasing a new Battlefield every year with a new iteration of their engine with new features or whatever, you'd have an incredibly fractured player base and modding community.

Sorry there should have been an empty line between those two sentences.

But CS has 3 games, each has tons of their owns mods with sizable communities and CS itself of course started out as a mod.

Average peaks over past 30 days:
CS:GO - 35080
CS - 34606
CS:S - 30062

People will stick around if mods and community thrive but as you pointed out EA doesn't want that because they want you to buy a new game every year. Meanwhile Valve is making its games free and raking in the cash as they help mappers and modelers sell their creations to the benefit of all.

18. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 23:55 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:50:
Even if they had mod support, we'd never see something like Desert Combat again anyway, and the annual release cycle would fracture the player base pretty significantly to the point where it'd be hard to get a stable modded server community going in the way we had in 1942.

How does CS do it?
Valve lets the mod community do what it wants and it's made an entire industry of harnessing it.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 23:52 Sepharo

I've never traded in a game before. Seems weird to me even though I don't consider myself a collector even. If I had any intention to buy a console (I don't) I'd be more mad that I couldn't play the games offline. Fine make me activate them, but after that they need to be able to play offline indefinitely.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 13, 2013, 23:40 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:09:
Mmm aspartame, still legally classified a biochemical weapon by the military and a proven cancer causing agent. Drink up, kids!

Don't believe all the evidence to the contrary it's a big conspiracy!!!
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame#Safety_and_health_effects

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Two
5. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Two Jun 13, 2013, 22:35 Sepharo

edit: nm, misunderstood  

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
21. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 21:27 Sepharo

I'm actually most excited for Titanfall.
Source + MP FPS + CoD4 devs + Mechs + Pretty = Wooooo!

Very pessimistic about The Division... It looks pretty but I bet it's repetitive and has bad mechanics. I'd love to be wrong though.

News Comments > Op Ed
85. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 21:17 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 03:25:
I'm normally mostly on board with being "politically correct" (polite) but this reaction, though not unexpected, seems a bit much for what was said and a whistle.

I have to say that I disagree in the strongest way possible with your insinuation that being "politically correct" and "polite" are the same thing, because they aren't.

Note that "politically correct" is in quotes.

Example: I see nothing wrong with the word "midget". But I've been told that midgets don't like to be called that, so to be polite I would use their apparent term of choice "little person" because I like being polite.

News Comments > Op Ed
66. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 01:42 Sepharo

I gotta be honest, I've never really thought about "It'll all be over soon" as a rape joke. Isn't it also said for torture, ass beatings, and just getting pwnt? Not that those are better alternatives but I don't think it's solely a saying about rape. Right?

You're not going to tell me that the ol' "this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you" is going to be corrupted that way too is it?

I'm normally mostly on board with being "politically correct" (polite) but this reaction, though not unexpected, seems a bit much for what was said and a whistle.

6593 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo