Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6592 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Smoke Fire Alarm Science Jun 23, 2013, 18:47 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 17:07:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:23:
I am still not sure why I would want a FIRE ONLY alarm in my house. Seems to me the "smoke" vs "fire" ratio is like 50000 to 1 and I'd like to KNOW when there is smoke, no matter what kind.

My stupid smoke detector in its default location goes off from the steam from my shower.

At least you know it's working Besides, default location in the bathroom???? Where I live, the detectors are supposed to sit in the staircase at every floor. And CO detector (optional) right where you sleep and wherever your heating is. That is the maximum possible early warning system. What kind of fire could break out in the bathroom apart from hot steam and bad deo? ^^

Nah it's supposed to be in the hallway but it's right outside the bathroom door. First few days I lived here I had to jump out of the shower still wet to wave away the steam and get it to shut up. So I took it down and relocated it because I don't think my apartment neighbors would appreciate an ear piercing alarm every morning.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
49. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 14:09 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:53:
1. Obama's skin color is one of the few things about him that doesn't bother me.

Good.

2. Skin color is ALWAYS the thing liberals like yourself reach for when your back is to a wall. Who is the racist? YOU.

If Romney won the election and all this same shit was going on I'd give him the same shit I gave Bush. I bet you loved criticizing Bush without really knowing why. Where are you now? Deflecting to Mccain and Romney and RACISM to justify your mindless adoration of Obama. Not only are you a racist, but you are a hypocrite.

Derp.

People need to learn to stop with this shit, treat everyone individually. Stop pulling, "This group always acts like this and always does this." It's fucking moronic whoever it's aimed at.

26. Re: Smoke Fire Alarm Science Jun 23, 2013, 13:26 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:23:
I am still not sure why I would want a FIRE ONLY alarm in my house. Seems to me the "smoke" vs "fire" ratio is like 50000 to 1 and I'd like to KNOW when there is smoke, no matter what kind.

My stupid smoke detector in its default location goes off from the steam from my shower.

45. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:25 Sepharo

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:16:
Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

There's no reason to make this jump without some sort of evidence and it's just as bad as claiming people only voted for him based on his race.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 00:58 Sepharo

I'm kind of surprised now looking back on FPS how much happened from 1996-1999. People (myself included) like to hate on how there's a new CoD every year and I guess I'm just forgetting how the Quake series happened:

Quake (1996)
Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon (1997)
Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity (1997)
Quake II (1997)
Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998)
Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero (1998)
Quake III Arena (1999)
Quake III: Team Arena (2000)

When I was playing HL, CS and Q3 I felt like Quake was ancient but it was only about 3 years earlier.

That's not to say that CoD still isn't over saturated and uninnovative:

Call of Duty (2003)
Call of Duty 2 (2005)
Call of Duty 3 (2006)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
Call of Duty: World at War (2008)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)

(without expansions/DLC and console/mobile)

40. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 20:47 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 19:01:
As far as Obama, I can't really fault anyone voting for him (unless it was based on his race alone, which is nuts)

I once asked someone if you were a non white, and voted for Obama, only for the reason he is not white, if that was racist....the person called me a racist.

I rest my case, and yes, It probably wouldn't be hard to show that the majority of non whites who voted for him only did so because he was non white. Most definitely those who live in poverty did so. I see it first hand.

If Obama ran the same campaigns with the same rhetoric but was white who do you think "non whites" would vote for?

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2013, 14:41 Sepharo

There's a cinema around here that converted one of its theaters into a gaming room. Took out like 2/3rds of the seats and set up tables and connections. You can rent it out and the gamers get discounted concessions and movie tickets. I'd be all over that if I was a teenager, hell I'm still down for a LAN party and some movies.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2013, 22:55 Sepharo

This is why Conan does it right... just approaches the idea of himself reviewing the game as a total joke right from the start.  

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
65. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 20, 2013, 00:16 Sepharo

Those are non-valve games and you said yo haven't played a one game that isn't Valve.

He said purchased... not played.
"played" only appears once on this page...

well now 4 times.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 00:11 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 23:50:
I still can't fathom what the fuck MS was thinking with their initial bs announcement for the Xbone. An announcement they've now quickly backscrabbled from TWICE in about five weeks.

I'd say they were thinking Sony was going to do something similar.

News Comments > Valve Rumor Bonanza
11. Re: Valve Rumor Bonanza Jun 19, 2013, 23:44 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 21:05:
This writeup kind of makes it sounds like Jira is something Valve made. We use Jira at work too, very powerful wiki-esque software for quickly building up a knowledge repository.

Oops. I just realized I am apparently talking about Confluence, which is made by Atlassian, which is the same company behind Jira.

News Comments > Valve Rumor Bonanza
5. Re: Valve Rumor Bonanza Jun 19, 2013, 21:05 Sepharo

This writeup kind of makes it sounds like Jira is something Valve made. We use Jira at work too, very powerful wiki-esque software for quickly building up a knowledge repository.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 21:11 Sepharo

Stop watching TV news, doesn't even matter the station or bias, it's all sensational crap. Stick to facts and critical analysis of those facts from a variety of sources.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 21:06 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:45:
It's called discussion, all I hear often is these threads is BUSH BUSH BUSH, news flash, Junior hasn't been president now for a term and a half, and things have arguably gotten worse not better.

I guarantee that if we went through and added up every "Bush" on this forum since your reg date of May 5, 2009 you would be in the lead by far. Nobody even has to mention the guy and you're "OH YEAH "BLAME BUSH" AS ALWAYS".

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2013, 20:53 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:39:
I read that article yesterday about scopolamine. Scary stuff.

Vice did a documentary about it a few years ago. Riveting.

That scopolamine Vice documentary is really specious like many of their docus. Don't get me wrong I like their stuff but they too often just pull people off the streets and let them tell wild tales while the camera eats it up. I'm not doubting that it's used criminally but I am doubting it's strength, delivery mechanism, and frequency. Scopolamine sounds like a very convenient excuse when you blow your life savings or do your relatives wrong.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2013, 20:44 Sepharo

It really just depends on what you're looking for...

Are people reading Blue's and Gamasutra looking for the stats on North American boxed retail? I'd say no... people just want to know what the top selling games are overall.

As the Gamasutra post says they'll still use the numbers occasionally when they want to discuss NA boxed retail sales but posting it monthly doesn't really have the importance it once did.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 00:16 Sepharo

Wow are those two for real? I thought this Snowden hate was mythical.

Top NSA officials like the guy

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
15. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 18, 2013, 00:07 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 23:35:
Wha? How can anyone consider Contracts be the worst Hitman game?

Like I said, I've had this conversation before (with you) and we determined that I probably just didn't play long enough

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
31. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 18, 2013, 00:06 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 22:52:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 19:47:
Linksil wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 18:33:
I've played every BF, but they aren't tied into my Origins account... mostly because I can't find the CD keys for anything other then the exp's and it won't let me tie in my old account. *sigh*

I had this problem when I got BF3. I called support and the lady tied all my old accounts together.

When they went from the EA site, to Gun Rewards (whatever), then Origin, I had already put in all of my keys. When playing BFBC2, I think my Veteran status is 8-9. I have every possible one in there. I had to use support to get a couple in there, they just asked that I scan or take a picture of my box/disc/key/case, etc. I also tied my xbox and ps3 to those, since I have some of the BF stuff on those as well.

I broke. I bought BF3 for $5.00. It is an updated BFBC2 (which they just let die). Not very impressed, net code sucks, very hard to find sub 100 ping servers to play on. The whole experience is actually pretty bad. I think that BFBC2 is a better game in every way.

Haven't played it since BF3 but I'd still probably agree with you. I know I certainly had more fun playing BFBC2 but BF3 felt like more of the same and somehow worse.

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
13. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 17, 2013, 21:50 Sepharo

walrus1 wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 17:32:
I played Blood Money when it first came out and loved loved loved it. I didn't play 1 or 2 when they first got released. But went back and played Contracts (2) after playing Blood Money. I didn't think it aged very well at all.

Contracts is not Hitman 2. Personally I find Contracts to be the worst one (haven't played Absolution yet) but I've had this conversation here before and recognize I may just not have played far enough.

6592 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo