Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6473 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Gooseman AMA Today
1. Re: Gooseman AMA Today May 2, 2013, 11:31 Sepharo

75% of the questions will be about working at Valve I bet. Probably a bunch related to HL3 too.

It will be interesting to hear why CS 2 failed. Was he passionate about it but nobody wanted to "push their desks" to his project? Or had it already fizzled out before Valve implemented their current form/lack of management.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Camelot Unchained Funded
5. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 23:20 Sepharo

MacLeod wrote on May 1, 2013, 21:31:
I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.

Lotta lurkers.

I see you out there!

News Comments > Browser Games from Notch and Broussard
10. Re: Browser Games from Notch and Broussard May 1, 2013, 21:36 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 1, 2013, 15:39:
A typing game? It took him 48 hours to make a typing game? Whatever.

I'm lucky to finish a polished data entry form in 48 hours following existing patterns. Making any sort of playable game in 48 hours is a feat.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 1, 2013, 21:31 Sepharo

4 views?

Are you the user?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II May 1, 2013, 21:19 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on May 1, 2013, 20:40:
Overon wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 22:37:
The game is very much like the first one except with a more open world feel. You really should read up on the plot of the first game and go through the tutorial/prologue in order to understand wtf is going on.

I remember something about stealing babies..

Lies.
Father-Mother birthed all those babies...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2013, 01:31 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 11:10:
InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 10:59:
Legalizing booze brought down the gangs or at least forced them to shift to other illegal ventures it allowed the government to get a grip on a huge problem.

That doesn't happen in a vacuum, though. The congressmen can describe the "gateway drug" theory as a red herring, but it's a genuine effect. When the Netherlands legalized soft drugs, the use of hardcore drugs went up considerably, and with that came the Russian and (former) Yugoslavian maffia that for awhile controlled basically the entire hardcore drug market. And they were the kind of hardcore criminals that you normally only see in movies, and which the Dutch police and investigators were wholly unprepared to deal with.

I have to admit I haven't looked into it and you seem much more knowledgeable about it, but I don't think those two are connected. Probably just two different events; marijuana was legalized, Eastern Europeans started selling hard drugs.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II Apr 30, 2013, 20:46 Sepharo

Figures right after I put the kibosh on game buying (because I just don't seem to play them anymore) something already comes out that I want.

Really enjoyed the first one and it was one of the few games that I actually finished in the past decade.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2013, 21:54 Sepharo

Tattoos: I'm going to get "Sepharo" in old english across my back over crossed AK and Colt M4A1  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2013, 22:49 Sepharo

Harlequin wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:25:
Wikipedia a 'force of good'? Are you kidding me? Aside from entertainment and tech information when you get to real hard data like science, religion, history, etc it's nothing but a bunch of arm chair (insert title here) pretending to know more then they do being a 'expert' on a topic they never studied in school or in many cases read a book on. No surprise one of the founders seeing the inherit flow of pedia founded his own site with only qualified experts of a field can edit a article of that topic. THAT makes a lot more sense to me then what you get with pedia. Edit wars (2 idiots on the same topic trying to be 'right') and more times then not someone trying to put forward their own ideals, morals, world view in a alleged bias free site. See most religion topics for a prime example. In most non-xian pages they talk about said religious stories in the context of fictional myth, but go to the xian pages and there is a slant towards it being more 'real', historical. I never use pedia for anything more then getting fluff info like getting a movie synopsis.

I'm glad you're not editing Wikipedia because this post is nearly unreadable.

News Comments > Orion: Dino Horde Controversies
10. Re: Orion: Dino Horde Controversies Apr 21, 2013, 14:01 Sepharo

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 13:31:
I've been thinking about getting PA myself but wasnt sure if it was stable enough and had enough features to make it worth playing now rather then just waiting for release. Your analysis is temping me.

As for this Orion shiz, i'll be staying far away and hope people who already bought it get compensated in some way (new game/refund whatever)

It's certainly still buggy and I haven't had a chance to experience much other than the beginning but it is overflowing with potential. Very sandboxy.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
20. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 21, 2013, 14:00 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 12:26:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 20:22:
Suckage wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 20:06:
What pattern? Are you suggesting that this is all part of some far-reaching conspiracy?

I think he just meant the pattern of passing unpopular legislation while the nation is distracted. I don't know if that's necessarily on purpose or not but it does happen.

Are you kidding? They'll just now pass whatever right in front of us. They figured out a smokescreen isn't even needed any more.

Are you replying to the right person? I interpreted somebody else's comment and left it wide open anyway. What would I be kidding about in those two sentences?

8. Re: Orion: Dino Horde Controversies Apr 20, 2013, 21:11 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 21:03:
Hah! Saw you playing PA the other night, Seph. How is it creating the shower gang-rape gameplay?

I think I just finally created a prison that's somewhat stable. First few attempts resulted in my prisoners killing the guards when they realized dinner wasn't going to be ready. Working on getting the first cell block up and running since they're currently hanging out in the holding cell. I really like how detailed the simulation is but it can be frustrating because it takes a while to get the bare minimum up and running since the workers need to construct the rooms, get the electricity and water running, place the doors, lights, windows, desks, chairs, everything. A bare minimum prison requires a holding room, showers, kitchen, canteen (cafeteria I believe), yard, and utilities of course. And each of those room designations require certain items to be placed for them to be operational. In just need to save more often because I've repeated that initial construction many times now.

6. Re: Orion: Dino Horde Controversies Apr 20, 2013, 20:47 Sepharo

I bought the new one thinking "Oh here's that indie/amateur dinosaur game that I've been hearing about over the years, the trailer looks pretty awesome." But in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "This is a dumb impulse purchase, there's something terribly wrong with this game isn't there?"

Haven't tried it out yet. Been playing some Prison Architect which is pretty challenging.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 20:22 Sepharo

Suckage wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 20:06:
What pattern? Are you suggesting that this is all part of some far-reaching conspiracy?

I think he just meant the pattern of passing unpopular legislation while the nation is distracted. I don't know if that's necessarily on purpose or not but it does happen.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2013, 18:41 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 06:50:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 05:20:
Julio wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 04:49:
Add in the fact they are Islamic extremists...

This one didn't get a number because you made it up right?

Link below, there's plenty of proof the bombers were Islamic.

Yep, it's a known fact that they were Muslims.

Julio wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 06:50:
Also mentions out there they were extremists (if you don't think bombing innocent civilians is an extreme act...I can't help you there). You guys can google facts for yourselves too

I kind of figured you would go into a, "they're Islamic and committed an extreme act therefore they're Islamic extremists" line of logic but that's not how the designation is typically applied. By that reasoning, "Christian extremist" would cover a majority of the America's most extreme criminals.

But having said that, I must admit now that you are correct. Initially the only thing said about it was the mother's claims of prior FBI investigation but she also claimed the whole thing was a setup. Now I see that much more information has been released concerning the gradual radicalization of the older brother. A good summary of the facts can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzhokhar_and_Tamerlan_Tsarnaev

I'm still curious to know whether he hatched this on his own or if he planned with extremists online or in his travels to Russia. If you want to go the conspiracy route, he was played by the Russians so that he would commit a terrorist act against the United States so that Russia could crack down on Chechnya without too much complaining from the U.S.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2013, 05:20 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 04:49:
Add in the fact they are Islamic extremists...

This one didn't get a number because you made it up right?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 00:05 Sepharo

Just recently hit the 1 year anniversary of my laser eye surgery... Of course it was a year where glasses seemed to reach a new height of hipness.  

51. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2013, 20:29 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 20:13:
Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 20:08:
Prez wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 19:20:
It has been a long time of uneasy quiet on the terrorism front - we all knew it was only a matter of time but it still is shockingly horrible to see the images coming out of Boston.

And I can guarantee that none of the runners, spectators, and security personnel (least of all the 8 year old child who died today) had anything to do with "American Imperialism", so how about we drop it.

My heart goes out to them, but it does have everything to do with that or it wouldn't be happening to begin with. This stuff doesn't occur in a vacuum.

We don't know that it has anything to do with that. It could be some ass against taxes, or that believes the stupid rumors that there's an ammo shortage due to the government, or that thinks the government is about to prevent abortions.

I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out to be the Mooninites.

5. Re: Gorilla vs. Goose Apr 13, 2013, 16:28 Sepharo

Hah, even gorillas know not to fuck with a goose.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2013, 23:26 Sepharo

Love it.

"Am I being detained?"
"Umm... well... your forward progress is stopped."

Hahaha, what is this football?

6473 Comments. 324 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo