Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6626 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2013, 18:10 Sepharo

Just had some pulled pork yesterday. Mom made it in the crockpot with a little Sweet Baby Rays and then you could add more sauce (and some pickles) if desired when making your sandwich. But really the highlight of the meal was some crazy amalgamation of spinach, shrimp, strawberries, and some other salad-style toppings. Wouldn't have expected those three primary ingredients to go together so well but it was delicious.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2013, 23:19 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 22:54:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 16:08:
A Tribute To Roman and Niko (GTA IV Song).

I love GTA4. Just fired up the PS3 version last night for first time. I think I actually like it better on xbox....oh well.

This will be my.....6-7th playthrough.
Wouldn't the PC be the best place to play it? Bought it on steam recently but still haven't played it.

Yeah, but he already played it on PC

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 20, 2013, 18:00 Sepharo

They put those in the front yard? I feel like I haven't seen one in over a decade but when I do remember seeing them around they were in the backyard usually.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 20, 2013, 01:37 Sepharo

Of course it was an accident. Not really even worth an article. Their algo deprioritizes non-personal messages, one of the determining factors are keywords like "twitter". Like he said, it doesn't happen with @fb.com  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2013, 23:07 Sepharo

http://imgur.com/GSRUVjV  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2013, 23:01 Sepharo

Do you guys think Metro Last Light will show up with a better deal than -40% and/or did I already miss that?  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 22:12 Sepharo

I had some laying around... but what the hell am I going to do with this composite cable?  

25. Re: Detriot Jul 19, 2013, 21:37 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:37:
Once the fourth largest city in the US.. it is somewhat stunning a major metro area could fall that far and pretty much so completely. Let's just hope it isn't a sign of things to come elsewhere...

It's not the metro area. Metro Detroit is one of the strongest metro areas in the nation. It's not even the businesses of Detroit, they're currently experiencing more growth and investment than they have in over 30 years. It's just the city proper which has been run by absolute morons for 30 years. But most of all it's the dropping population. You can't drop half your population in 30 years and maintain a sprawling city like Detroit. So they shut the services down, the neighborhoods get worse, more people leave. But something that still exists from "bigger" times are the pensions of all those public employees who used to maintain the city and that's what's prompted this bankruptcy. I don't know the answer to that one though... take away people's pensions?

edit: Also, while the recession didn't help things Detroit was fucked long before that. In fact Detroit did better during the recession than most areas because we had already been through it. Bailing out the domestic auto companies was and is still huge but the current investment downtown is thanks to our man Dan Gilbert and his friends.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2013, 21:43.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 21:26 Sepharo

What kind of insanity prompts a hardware maker to include only composite cables with a console / Blu-ray player in 2013?  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 02:00 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 22:45:
Wow. Gamestop just became useful. 50% bonus when trading in games for your Steam wallet! I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of to put into Steam.

Wow what?! I guess they gave up on pimping their Impulse/GameStop App. Remember when they removed the vouchers for free OnLive copies of Deus Ex: HR from the box.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 18, 2013, 20:14 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 09:36:
I worry more about those who get all their news from TV and buy into the whole mantra

Are you sure you're not one of those?

Though it's funny that all the liberals back then who had issues with the patriot act all sound like crickets now that it's been continued under a liberal administration. Go figure.
NO. I am vocally angry about the patriot act, the abuse of the FISA court, and all of the rest of this shit, and so are most of the lefties I know.

Most of the things you rant about seem to be through that TV news prism. And it's often "all the liberals this" and "all the liberals that" with you.
... Want a tip on how you know you're probably wrong about something? It's when you use the words "all" or "always".

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 23:36 Sepharo

And I'm glad to hear that. I was more referring to the majority liberal media however who continues to give a pass to Obama and Co on everything from the Patriot act to Bhengazi, to Obamacare etc etc etc.

Stop watching the news. When something isn't covered by TV news it doesn't mean nobody cares about it it just means it doesn't have the mass appeal to the dumb multitudes.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 23:30 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 23:07:
Almost nude ads are back. "Male Gamers Only". Then when I clicked, post reply, NCAA Football banner came up.

If it's the same one that I just capped:
http://i.imgur.com/cp2xQ0x.png
That's not too bad.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2013, 13:05 Sepharo

When the new sales came up just now LEGO LoTR was just on flash for 75% off. But then a second later it refreshed and changed to 50%. I guess they made a mistake.

edit: Oh snap, but it stayed in my cart at that price. Neat.
edit2: Err the front page has it back to 75% again, make up your minds.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 03:39 Sepharo

Oops, didn't intend for that to be a recommendation on Heavy Rain, was just noting that I already had it. Although it was critically acclaimed it's not exactly a "traditional" game. I hope you enjoy it anyways.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2013, 21:02 Sepharo

Happy birthday Cutter!

Batman, what about RDR?
Mine should be here sometime this week.
My collection will be:
Last Of Us, RDR, AC3 (in package), L.A. Noire, and Heavy Rain.
And the in the fall I'll get GTA5 and Beyond: Two Souls.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2013, 20:15 Sepharo

With Broken Age it wasn't really so much the "stretch goals" that added the time but it was Tim's story. Even with proper stretch goal planning it would've been the same problem because he wasn't going to have goals like "I'll add a new arc to the plot" or "We'll make 5 more zones".  

News Comments > GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow
48. Re: GTA5 Gameplay Trailer Tomorrow Jul 15, 2013, 20:05 Sepharo

Damn, just bought mine from Amazon on Friday. Thanks for the message though.

Ended up getting the 500GB + AC3 for $283, which was somehow cheaper than models with Uncharted 3 and less GBs. Also I have an Amazon credit card so I used my points to buy the whole thing (and RDR and Last Of Us).

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 17:19 Sepharo

Valve now has teenagers working there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrH5ZbUJ_kw

News Comments > LoL Players Athletes
20. Re: LoL Players Athletes Jul 13, 2013, 15:07 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 12:01:
Quboid wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 09:00:
The word athlete really isn't appropriate. I read the headline as "LOL, players athletes" at first, did a double-take. An athlete is someone in peak physical condition and quickly clicking doesn't count IMHO. I wouldn't call a chess professional an athlete either.

I gather NFL players are reasonably well remunerated but only the top athletes are well paid; plenty are not. It wouldn't surprise me if LoL professionals average better.

You're confusing skill and natural ability with peak physical condition - which you have to be in regardless if you're best player in the league or not.

"While NFL players consume between 5,000-10,000 calories each day during training camp, they're also burning 2,000-3,000 calories on the field in double-session practices."

Did you read what you quoted?

6626 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo