Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6555 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: The U.S. is Creating a Massive New Cable Broadband Monopoly. Jul 6, 2013, 04:27 Sepharo

LittleMe wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 02:57:
Today I took the garbage out from the kitchen and put it on the curb.

And it was likely taken away by a monopolistic waste management company (likely called Waste Management) contracted by your local government

Not trying to make a point one way or the other, just personally found that kind of humorous.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed Jul 6, 2013, 04:20 Sepharo

Few games I've popped into lately have been some sort of combat mode where there isn't a commander. You can still buy guns and upgrades (same with aliens) using XP gained from kills. I liked it.  

News Comments > Killing Floor: Free Week; Patch; Sale; More
9. Re: Killing Floor: Free Week; Patch; Sale; More Jul 5, 2013, 15:15 Sepharo

I've had it forever but played it for the first time last night. Hopped on a server with 5 players that had map voting at the end. Actually had a lot of fun, people were helpful without even asking, giving me cash and guns to make sure we made it through the level. After my third map I top-fragged from there on out of course  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2013, 20:54 Sepharo

wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 20:48:
I'm more pissed about them running out of money than another delay. Sorry, to me that is majorly irresponsible.

Ahh, your post made it seem like you were mad about the game being better quality and longer than you anticipated.

edit: Are you watching the documentary? I feel like I've got my money worth out of that already and I suppose the longer the game takes to make the more documentary episodes too An epic LucasArts + DoubleFine style Adventure game can take as long as it wants in my opinion.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2013, 20:36 Sepharo

wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 19:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 15:33:
I asked this in the other thread... Is there anyone upset about how Broken Age is going that actually backed the project?

Yep.

I'm one.

I didn't catch your post in the other thread. I think I sufficiently explained why I'm upset in the other thread, so there is no need to re-hash it.

And yes... if I could get a refund, I would take it.

Ah didn't catch yours there...

wtf_man wrote:
I'm not talking about a firm release date. I'm talking about what was "pitched" in order to get you to back the project.

It was pitched as an old school point and click adventure that would only need 400k because it wasn't going to be AAA. Therefore October of 2012 was a fair estimate. They got extra money and wanted to enhance it... fine... Spring 2013 was a fair estimate. (THEY set these estimates, not me). Now we learn that they designed it so overblown (Like a AAA title) that they ran out of money.

NOBODY asked for a AAA title, nor expected one. (Let alone a AAA schedule and budget). This is NOT what was pitched.

Having no plan doesn't excuse the scopecreep.

If they put out a nice little adventure game like they originally intended.... and had it out within a reasonable amount of time within their estimates.. I'd be backing almost any Double Fine project. Now, I won;'t back any more. The trust was broken, IMO.

You were mistaken then. The game was significantly ramped up during the very successful Kickstarter and this was communicated in the updates. You should've got out then if you were only interested in a short Adventure game.

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
10. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 15:38 Sepharo

Hollllly shit now I'm fucking freaking out. That image I just linked... I searched it and randomly took one from Google image search. Look under the "OM" in computer. That's a water mark my dumbass 12 year old self put there. The internet is a small fucking place apparently.  

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
9. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2013, 15:35 Sepharo

JeffD wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 14:59:
I am OK WITH THIS!.jpg

Email and electronic stuff.. mostly harmless.. but when people are sending bombs and shit through snail mail, I want a way to track the sons of bitches!

Uh, you're forgetting something important.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2013, 15:33 Sepharo

I asked this in the other thread... Is there anyone upset about how Broken Age is going that actually backed the project?

The backers came up with the early release idea even before the money people at DF. In the gut wrenching meeting (actually the 2nd one like it) where DF's business types confront Tim and the team about the "too much game not enough money" problem they discuss the ideas and current/potential reactions from backers. Their foremost concerns are the game and the fans.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 4, 2013, 02:40 Sepharo

Not to mention there are quite a few episodes of Cops (and shows like it) where the suspects get away or it turns out nothing was wrong.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days Jul 4, 2013, 00:48 Sepharo

Brumbek wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 20:39:
Let's see...Walking Dead had major save game issues for many players including myself, constant quick-time events, no proper gameplay, glitchy controls and animations...um, just no. The $10 I paid for the whole season wasn't worth it, and I won't support their "games" anymore.

The story wasn't anything special beyond simple binary choices between who lives and dies. The "emotions" everyone felt was just the result of manipulating feelings toward key characters. True choices has been done before, and done much better.

The tremendous voicework from the two main characters is pretty much what made people love the game. QTE-psuedo-games must DIE. That is all.

The Walking Dead is a great contrast to what's being done with Broken Age. Even with the "lower" production values, technical tricks, and excellent scene creation tools it's still 5 relatively short episodes. The Walking Dead is great, Telltale is great, and they're doing the episodic model better than anyone else. But Telltale doesn't make old school LucasArts (or Sierra) style Adventure games. Broken Age is going to be that oldschool Adventure game, an epic beast with Tim Schaefer writing and 4 line dialog trees. The art looks phenomenal, the side by side stories and environments, can't say much about the puzzles yet but I hope they'll be more difficult than today's in the genre. 2 episodes is fine, hell I don't care if it's 4.

edit: Ahh, sorry that quote is just a starting point / background for my rant. Just got done watching the new docu episode.

News Comments > Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned
51. Re: Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned Jul 3, 2013, 22:50 Sepharo

Is there anybody in here that's upset AND kickstarted the game?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 12:56 Sepharo

Just got an email from Ubisoft claiming they were compromised and that I should change my password. Damn email looks like a phishing attempt but I think it's legit.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2013, 15:09 Sepharo

Wait, that's what they're doing for 8.1?
Hahah, oh man I thought they had learned something, guess not.

I have my Win8 at work configured pretty nicely with classic shell. I'm not using their default shell button but an alternate animated Win8 style icon that looks really nice.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
42. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 21:42 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:52:
I didn't care for the Episodes, and it's been so long since HL2, I've pretty much lost interest in the story.
Quinn wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 18:06:
That said, Half Life is over-rated by now. Part 1 was revolutionary, Part 2 was OK. People have a tendency of blowing shit out of proportions. I personally don't give a shit if there's never going to be a sequel.
Prez wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 20:43:
I've pretty much moved on now. If HL3 never comes I won't really miss it.

Boo I say, boo.

It doesn't bother me that it's taking forever. When it's finally released I assume I'll be very excited to play it and the story will still be fresh in my mind even 10-15 years later (and if it isn't I'll replay the series first). These comments imply that it's the wait that's turned you guys off from it, that you would've been excited had it come out years ago. I just don't get that. Obviously if it turns out to be DNF crap when it's released I'll be disappointed but I don't think that'll happen.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2013, 20:43 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 20:30:
InBlack wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 03:42:
entr0py wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 03:35:
Yeah that seems pretty messed up, and crazy that he wasn't at least released on bail if the charges weren't dropped entirely.

However the only human contacted for the story was the kid's dad. There might be more to it.

Oh please man!! Even if he was deadly serious, they still searched their house and found no weapons! Since when is it a crime to think bad (or sarcastic) thoughts.

Not a Catholic I take it?

I don't think that's just a Catholic thing. There are many denominations and other religions that have bits on "impure thoughts".

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2013, 20:38 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 12:22:
Tumbler wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 11:26:
Origin serves little purpose other than an obstacle to play their games. It's not a big obstacle but if their website simply offered downloads of the games directly I can't say I'd miss origin.

You could say exactly the same thing about Valve. Can you name a place where I can buy a Valve game that doesn't require Steam?

You think Steam serves little purpose other than an obstacle? You wouldn't miss Steam if Valve offered direct downloads?

I kind of find that a little hard to believe

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2013, 20:33 Sepharo

[...] even the President and Vice President fingered violent games as a culprit.

Uh what...

"Researchers who participated in Vice President Joe Biden's conference on video games on Friday say that Biden declared himself an "agnostic" when it comes to the belief that video games lead to violence, while suggesting that the country could nonetheless benefit from more research into the subject."

He met with industry leaders multiple times and never once "fingered violent games as a culprit".

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 Sepharo

You're probably onboard with sending kids to jail who make lego guns in school too right?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2013, 21:41 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 18:51:
If someone were to create a bot to do this, could make a nice chunk of change to fund your games.

Somebody already botted the TF2 market (which is really the same market) and Valve took them down. Can't remember where I saw the article about it, might've been here.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2013, 11:27 Sepharo

Simon Says wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 04:48:
Guys please, I'll say again. If video, WARN for those of us who are bandwidth cap disadvantaged!

Thank you.

What do you mean again? You've never mentioned it before, not many posts to back read through to see that.

6555 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo