Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6647 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 15, 2013, 14:23 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:24:
That's because a good portion of folks can't find jobs -- not because of any company turnaround.

It's terribad out there for a ton of people despite the media spin spin spin. Ask your recent graduates, your neighbors, etc -- get out once in while, turn off the spin, and find out for yourself.

Well since you're citing anecdotal evidence I will as well. Lately my facebook feed (I'm sure you'll get a chuckle out of that as well) is full of people my age (27ish) getting decent paying jobs. Mostly in Michigan but also Colorado and Arizona seem to be hotspots for my friends too. I had a friend who was low level management at a warehouse who got let go in early 2012 and was out of a job until just a few weeks ago. He said that after more than a year of no offers he suddenly had multiple offers to choose from in August.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
19. Re: Nice HTML tags. Sep 15, 2013, 00:19 Sepharo

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 22:49:
I've been pretty lucky with them. The only reason I went with the R* warehouse this time was it was either them or lamestop. And I feel dirty when I shop there...

Amazon had the collectors edition too. Unless you're getting some edition I don't know about.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2013, 20:23 Sepharo

I just had a Polaris and Lee jeans (on the side ad) at the same time both were rollovers with video and sound. The polaris one is very frequent and being at the top seems to always pop up.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2013, 19:40 Sepharo

walrus1 wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 19:18:
Blue, I just got another roll over video ad! It's for polaris snowmobiles. I keep getting it when I reload the site. Heres a link to a screen shot of it. [url=]http://imgur.com/HOVDGnA[/url] This ad is super annoying because I don't even have to roll the cursor over the ad to triger it.

Also I don't trust liquid cooling. I still remember the days when they weren't as reliable as they are now. One pin hole and your computer just went through the car wash.

Yeah I've been getting a bunch lately. Seems like a quarter of the ads are popout rollovers suddenly.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 23:12 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 23:00:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 21:22:
I believe that if anything ever visits Earth it's going to be machine / AI of a long dead civilization. I think it will be indifferent to life, just simply looking for resources. Perhaps those resources are more easily harvested from asteroids. Or maybe it will just stop by and suck up our atmosphere into holding tanks.

Presumably by the time you have the capacity to either do FTL or send a completely autonomous harvester into interstellar space, you will have the ability to transform energy into matter, thus making the nearest gas giant / sun a far better source for your needs.

Also, hauling resources across interstellar distances would be beyond insanity.

Oh I didn't mean for shipping purposes. They'd be using those resources on the spot for themselves. Just lifeless machines spreading because it's in their programming.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 21:22 Sepharo

I believe that if anything ever visits Earth it's going to be machine / AI of a long dead civilization. I think it will be indifferent to life, just simply looking for resources. Perhaps those resources are more easily harvested from asteroids. Or maybe it will just stop by and suck up our atmosphere into holding tanks.  

News Comments > Titanfall Trailer
6. Re: Titanfall Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 00:03 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:27:
Isn't Titfall MP only anyway? Look like a reskinned COD to me.

COD of course being a game that's all about jetpacks and mechs.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 20:21 Sepharo

LaxerFL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 19:56:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 10:54:
Even though these types of things are frustrating (esp. when it's compounded being more than one pc of HW) and console players point to as an issue like this as a big negative to gaming on a pc. I believe there is a real hidden benefit, it pays to know how to fix things like this.

I routinely point parent/kids to get their kids on PC's for gaming. I tell them, if your kid is going to play it should be on a PC, they are getting good experience using that pc, they will learn many things outside of direct gaming, where on a console, they learn nothing. These skills will help in their professional life later on.

I agree completely!! When I bought my first real PC, I knew almost nothing about computers. I had one good friend who was a computer nerd (I use "nerd" as a compliment) and when I would call him for tech support he never fixed anything for me. Instead, he showed me how to trouble shoot the problem and use the internet to find a solution. This is the whole "give a man a fish/teach a man to fish" thing.

Just using a computer daily for the past 14 years I have learned so much about hardware, software, and networking that I easily passed the A+/Net+ certification tests and got a good job working at the "Help Desk" of a local company as a "Support Technician". The company paid for me to receive further education in the field and I really owe my whole adult life situation to buying that first PC in 1999.

If I had just bought a PlayStation or whatever back then, I don't know where I would be! I will gladly suffer the occasional glitch, crash, BSoD, etc for the wealth of knowledge I gain!

It always blows my mind to think how different my life would've been without that IBM Aptiva. Thanks Mom and Dad for the incredible foresight to know what a powerful tool a PC would be to a young kid. I've heard stories before of kids asking their parents for a computer after seeing one at a friend's or at school but that wasn't my experience. I really had little to no exposure to computers, I wanted a Nintendo but my parents got a family computer instead. I don't think they were really all that interested in it themselves. I'll have to ask them what influenced them to drop $3000+ back then when they were just scraping by.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 10, 2013, 18:39 Sepharo

Enahs wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 12:41:
Ray Ban wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 05:04:
What is sport? What is art? What is life? What is an RPG?

Somethings are not possible to define, it would seem.
A port is an athletic competition. Not just a competition.
That is not a definition of port that I'm familiar with.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 11:15 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 10:56:
What the heck? Beat The Insiders webpage won't be updated until tomorrow? Are they doing it by hand?

I believe so. Seemed like most of the games updated nearly immediately but then when the last game ended at 1:30am EST the intern in charge must've been asleep because it wasn't updated until this morning.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2013, 10:06 Sepharo

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 08:50:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 07:40:
Julio wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 04:53:
He must have some cash that she's waiting to inherit. Or maybe she's really, really into Star Trek.
Of course, but maybe ... she's really, really into him?

He throws on the Picard charm... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFMrBldVk0s

Doesn't look or act 73 at all.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
35. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:32 Sepharo

Bright light!

Maybe we can get twitter embeds with an off-blue to the usual background.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2013, 23:15 Sepharo

Man these experts don't know shit. I guess I don't either though since I went with all their picks.

edit: Wait... 7? 5? I guess I'm not doing too bad at 10 then.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2013, 02:08.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 23:28 Sepharo

They tried real hard (or maybe it was the officials), especially in the first half, but the Lions just couldn't lose it today.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 17:55 Sepharo

killer_roach wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 17:44:
Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 10:49:
Yeah, they have those in Berkeley, Eugene, Austin, etc. every so-called "bohemian" town has them and they're not that bohemian. Excepting Savannah which is legit bohemian. Portland isn't weird by any stretch.

None of these "weird" cities are weird... a weird city, to me, indicates a level of surrealism that makes you want to keep your distance from it if at all possible.

Most of these yuppie cities are quirky... you want weird, go to Detroit. It's Terry Gilliam's film "Brazil" come to life.

When was the last time you were in Detroit and what did you do?

News Comments > Op Ed
83. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2013, 06:31 Sepharo

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 05:28:
Penny Arcade are like a club for self referential people who need other people to pat them on the back and say it's ok you're not a geek.

Or it's a web comic.

News Comments > Op Ed
81. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2013, 04:15 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 02:08:
Fair enough, but I don't hate PA, I hate seeing this pointless debate pop up every few weeks....

I assumed you must hate it because you twice said it (Penny Arcade) had nothing to do with gaming when it's a gaming related comic, that's runs a gamer charity that also donates games, they've made 4 of their own video games, and run multiple gaming conventions which are each the largest in the U.S.

I mean I guess that's almost nothing to do with gaming.

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 22:56 Sepharo

Penny Arcade are as much Gamers as I am the King of Odyssia.
to me Penny Arcade are not game related.

I know you're explaining this with a "well that's just like my opinion man" but you're still wrong.

Man I hate Vince Vaughn.
Vince Vaughn is as much of an actor as I am the Pope.
To me Vince Vaughn is not movie related.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Gaming is a mature hobby for resonable adults and not righteous manchildren, or not Sep 5, 2013, 00:22 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 19:02:
I knew it wouldn't be a PG rated bullshit reality toilet bowl. I despise reality shows, but this was pretty funny. Mike and Jerry were hilarious overactors, and some of the stuff they made the artists do was funny.

The way they badger the contestants during the elimination rounds is great. I love when they shout out the wrong time like, "You have 15 minutes! - until you have 1 hour remaining." Most of the stuff is pretty tame and a majority of it is actually serious questions... But to go along well with the Op Ed post here, in one ep Jerry told a contestant that tomorrow's challenge would be a contest to see how many taser shots he could take to the shaft of his dick. And then right after Mike asks him if he's ever had his prostate stimulated... "You cum and cum," he goes on. The competition is after all to work at Penny-Arcade for a year being paid to make your strip so I guess the contestants need to be down with their kind of humor.

The exchange I'm describing is at: 14:05
But the whole thing is worth watching in context.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2013, 00:07 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 21:35:
Yea the interface is a lot different, it was better before, not sure why they did what they did.... To make sure my picks saved, I always move to the next week and come back, and make sure they are still in place. Never happened that they weren't, I am just not a fan of dynamic pages like that.

Haha I'm the exact same way. My programmer mind is like, "I bet that didn't work... I've been given no indication." And then I have to verify even though there's almost never an issue.

6647 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo