Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6627 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
88. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 22, 2013, 14:04 Sepharo

There's a lot of actions to perform, I think they did a great job fitting them all onto a controller.

Messing with the phone while driving kind of makes me chuckle each time I do it. You can do everything on it while in motion but if you bring up the browser it take up the full screen. Driving on the highway, "Hang on gotta check on my stock portfolio" hear all the cars honking behind me

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
29. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 22, 2013, 12:39 Sepharo

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 12:11:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 11:55:
The fact that it ran as smooth and flawlessly as it did on the decrepit PS3 is incredible. In fact, the only time I ever get framerate issues is when I'm in the harbor in the mini sub and the crazy waves get going again.

On 512 meg of ram, can you believe that? I can't...

I've not noticed any issues with framerate, but I admit that when I'm playing, I'm concentrating a lot more on the action than a fremarate drop.

One frame rate drop that is extremely noticeable is driving the sub around on the surface.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
60. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2013, 16:06 Sepharo

Jivaro wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 15:23:

I'm totally on board with everything you said and understand what they're trying to accomplish. What I'm looking to avoid however is something like Dear Esther. The Amnesia sequel is getting awfully close to that.

Quantic Dream's games have had a lot of quick time style events and button pressing / gestures to advance the game, where Frictional hasn't had stuff like that but they've had more puzzle oriented game play. As those two developers have released more games they've cut down on both but they haven't replaced it with anything else. What I'd really like to see is a combination of the two aspects some actually challenging puzzles beyond pulling levers and some gestures that are more natural and less button sequences. I love the drawer and door opening in Frictional's games (which they've been reducing unfortunately) but pulling that off on console controller's is a little more difficult. When I talk about simplification I don't want to restrict that just to the player's agility with the controls but to whether the game is challenging on a puzzle aspect. "What do I need to do to accomplish my goal?" I'd like that to be more than, push this button or talk to this person.

But yes the cinema style story and experience combined with the ability to make choices and affect the story line are primarily what I go for.

23. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto Sep 21, 2013, 14:37 Sepharo

Hmm that's kind of odd because I've done random encounters like that before where the dot starts out red. But some of them are blinking.

While I have your attention do you know what the point of the gray dots are? Examples in spoiler tags Jesus, a mime, Impotent Rage Man. Are you supposed to do anything with them or do you just talk to them and that's it?

57. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2013, 14:16 Sepharo

Jivaro wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 14:06:
I am very much looking forward to Two Souls. I have always been a huge fan of Quantic Dream. I own and enjoyed all of their previous games...even The Indigo Prophecy.

Same here. Though I liked the name Fahrenheit better

Though I do worry about the simplification of their games.

They're a lot like Frictional Games (Penumbra, Amnesia) where it seems that the more success they have and the more mainstream their games get the less "gameplay" there is.

21. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto Sep 21, 2013, 14:12 Sepharo

nin what does it mean if the dot is blinking between red and blue? Some start out red, other start out blue, but if it's blinking red and blue and they're a mugger how can I "help" them?  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2013, 06:09 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 05:59:
Sad that boxing has been rigged for decades. Wrestling has the same level of legitimacy.

You say for decades but it's more like for all of history... and for all sports to varying degrees.

News Comments > Flight of the Amazon Queen for Free
2. Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen for Free Sep 21, 2013, 04:04 Sepharo

Yeah I didn't realize there ever was a charge for this game.

GOG is now offering free games for free! Hooray!

edit: Huh I didn't realize this game was from 1995. I figured it was just done in a retro style on SCUMM like Beneath a Steel Sky.

edit2: lol Beaneath a Steel Sky is apparently from 1994. I guess I'm just getting owned today on a genre I'm supposedly an expert on.

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
12. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 20, 2013, 02:55 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 01:17:
Did they ever get around to fixing the original game yet? I know they had a few patches, but last I heard there were still many problems.

This one doesn't have the size upgrades, but I'm sure they are coming.

Every patch claims to fix the traffic. So each patch invalidates the claim of the previous.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 12:15 Sepharo

Wow, I'm 14th? Ohh that's the same as tied for 5th I guess.

<looks down the rest of the rankings>

"HELLLOOOO! BATMAN CAN YOU HEAR ME DOWN THERE? ARE YOU OKAY?"

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 11:16 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:13:
I love RPS, but Jesus RPS, way to jump on the "let's whine about this some more" bandwagon after a fucking week.

It takes a long time to look up all those words in the thesaurus to write an article that demeans PA as immature children without sounding like one yourself.

"PA are dumb meany heads."

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 11:13 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:11:
Their mistake was giving it any credence or attention in the first place IMO.

Yep right from the very beginning.
I disagree with responding but I can't really say I disagree with the content of the responses.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 11:08 Sepharo

Why are the Miami Dolphins 2-0?  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 10:59 Sepharo

"Krahulik closed out PAX by suggesting that his one big regret was pulling PAs ill-advised official Dickwolves merchandise back in the day [.]"

That's misleading. What actually happened was Robert Khoo was interviewing the PA guys and asked them to be brutally honest with their answers. The questions covered sensitive issues like their finances and their families. He then asked Gabe to name a time that he (Khoo) made a mistake. Khoo is a nearly perfect being so it's a tough question but Mike answered "pulling the Dickwolves shirt" and Khoo agreed with him and so did the audience and so did I after reading about it.

There are people out there who think that mentioning "rape" means you support/like rape and those people are incredibly wrong. They kicked up a shit storm over an innocuous comic and PA poked fun at them (people who think "rape" can't be part of a joke) and then they claimed that what PA was doing amounted to attacking rape victims. The controversy could have died out at any point and the only mistake was keeping it in the limelight. That's why removing the shirt was a mistake because it was another step in keeping the controversy relevant, it said, "Yes, you're right our shirt is an attack on rape victims" which was never the case. Unfortunately Mike's answer at PAX revived the whole thing again so now there has to be 100 articles like this tripe.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 10:40 Sepharo

"Penny Arcade is two guys. Three if you count business manager Robert Khoo, and many more if you include all of PAs various partners"

That's not right...

Penny-Arcade has 15 employees and 18+ people that work in their office.

Mike "Gabe" Krahulik
Jerry "Tycho" Holkins
David Coffman
Jamie Dillion
Mike Fehlauer
Jeff Kalles
Robert Khoo
Kenneth Kuan
Ben Kuchera
Kristin Lindsay
Joshua Price
Erika Sadsad
Brian Sunter
Kiko Villasenoro
Levin Sadsad

Other Webcomic artists who work at PA HQ
Scott Kurtz - PvP
Kris Straub - Starslip
Katie Rice - winner of Strip Search

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2013, 00:34 Sepharo

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 00:22:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 23:16:
It's kind of weird that this iFruit app that I need to train my GTA dog is an actual real phone app and not one for the phone in the game. But it's absurd that it's not ready for Android yet. A game they spent years and 250 million creating but they can't get a tie in app ready for release day on a platform that has no approval process...

Honestly, the 20 minutes I spent with it? You didn't miss much...

But... my dog is bad...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 23:16 Sepharo

It's kind of weird that this iFruit app that I need to train my GTA dog is an actual real phone app and not one for the phone in the game. But it's absurd that it's not ready for Android yet. A game they spent years and 250 million creating but they can't get a tie in app ready for release day on a platform that has no approval process...  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 01:42 Sepharo

Rigs wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 19:31:
I have a friend in Michigan who's got tens of years in IT plus being the smartest person I know, bar none, and he can't get his foot in the door after four years of trying...

Do you mean IT as in system administrator / networking / desktop support ? Or as in software development. Because getting a job in software development is that easy right now, (at least in this area). I couldn't say for IT but I would assume it's lower considering the ratio of IT to developer at my company. I don't know anyone with a computer science degree without a job right now.

My anecdotal evidence about my friends and facebook contacts was spread across all kinds of industry. Retail, sales, real estate, police, public utilities, nurse. A lot of them were out of work for a while or never had a job out of college for the past few years. I think it seems kind of obvious that older workers are getting left out here. It's a sad reality but we're looking at a generation that's getting a later start in their careers because of the recession and at the same time older workers hanging around longer than they would have without it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 01:29 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 22:05:
The Netherlands (more commonly referred to by Americans as: Holland.)

I haven't heard an American call it Holland in a long time. More likely just to call it or refer to "Amsterdam" specifically.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2013, 14:27 Sepharo

My shaky picks are Rams and Bills.
The other close one are Cowboys and 49ers.

6627 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo