Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6627 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 17:04 Sepharo

So what do you dumbos think about that Lions game? Pickin the Bears.. Pshh.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2013, 22:24 Sepharo

I need to go to get to sleep early tonight so I can wake up at 7 for tailgating. That's only 3 hours after my usual work night bed time. Kind of funny that it's always on the weekends where I need to get up so damn early.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Sep 28, 2013, 04:35 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 04:32:
mag wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 03:32:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 02:50:
People complain about Kotaku, but that was a great article.

And the comments explain why most of Kotaku is such crap. "tl;dr" featured prominently.

Won't deny that. But even at someplace like The Verge, which has consistently good articles, the comments suck. We're actually pretty unusual here that our comments are usually well-reasoned and thought out. Comments here are at least as good as someplace like wired.

I think it's this stately layout. Comments are prominent. Not some tiny box for a txt msg.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
42. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 28, 2013, 01:44 Sepharo

Nobody would ever say that though. Is there anybody who would argue that anonymity is only used for good?
You set up a strawman and made a point against it.

Anonymity is a very important aspect of discourse.
Just ask Silence Dogood... Actually, Richard Saunders... Er, Anthony Afterwit... I mean, Polly Baker... Benjamin Franklin.

I'm not going to support any attempts to curtail it. Anyone operating a forum for discussion can run it however they wish of course. Which leads me to the rest of your post which seemed to be more about censorship/banning which isn't really the same discussion. I'm very much against that as well but an operator can censor without removing anonymous/aliased posting.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2013, 22:35 Sepharo

I'm expecting a very good week for my picks.

Probably just jinxed myself but... Go Lions!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 22:28 Sepharo

Redmask wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 07:05:
InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 06:29:
I for one can live with with semi-anonymous trolls, if that means that the internet remains censorship free. Thick skin and all that, I mean seriously if internet trolls get your panties in a bunch, then how the fuck do you even walk out of your door to face Real Life every single day?

So I have to disagree with you that anonymity on the internet is purely a force of good.

Where the hell did he say that?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
38. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 22:25 Sepharo

Jivaro wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 16:29:
I was wondering why the money keeps trickling in as well, and then I had this really random experience. My youngest step-daughter turned 21 last week. (I know...) At her dinner party her older sister turns to me and says "Have you seen that Star Citizen game?" My jaw hit the floor. She plays some Zelda and Mario, but I have never known her to really keep up on anything gaming related. Turns out her boyfriend showed the hangar to her...an hour later she had put some money in. Her boyfriend plays CoD and Battlefield, that is literally all of his games. The fact that he knew about this game was shocking. The fact that he is now going to buy a new PC just to play it blows my mind.

I think it shows that big leaps in graphics can still sell games. I know that's why I put money in.

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
48. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 21:49 Sepharo

draginol wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 17:52:
@Sepharo

I'm not good at remembering handles to names but I think I remember you. You used to get us slurpees right? :-)

Nope no slurpees. I was holed up in an office with GreenDragon and made IconDeveloper 2.0 in 3 months and it was my first time ever coding anything outside of school and first time using a .NET language. I mostly dealt with Kirk. I don't remember a bee video, you just took us out back to see the bee hives that you had just installed. I remember you guys had just finished making that awesome LoTR style map zoom effect for Elemental. Trent (mittense) and Dr. Nick had just started working there and Alexandra was hired that June. I think you're a nice guy, you treated me nicely and you treated your employees nicely as far I could tell. I'm not sure if you were involved in the decision at all but when I left you guys gave me an Xbox 360 elite as a bonus. Most people are lucky to get paid at an internship, I got to work for a local (but semi-major) game developer, get paid a decent wage, and get a great bonus... It was an excellent time. But you did say inappropriate things that I believe some people would probably classify as sexual harassment. But as I said in my earlier post that's unfortunately not something rare in the workplace and you're hardly the only person I've heard walk that line. I'm only speaking on what I heard with my own ears, the accusations that were made against you in the lawsuit were more serious.

38. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 07:30 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 06:40:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 05:26:
InBlack wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 05:10:
Well if someone claimed sexual harassement against you, and yet there was no harassement what would you call that?

Once again, where are you getting this from? Are you confused about what a settlement means?

No Im perfectly clear about what a settlement means. Are you clear on who stands to benefit most from having these two cases dismissed? Because that is where Im getting my 'lying bitch' from. Of course there is no way I can be sure of that, just like there is no way that you can be sure that Brad Wardell did sexually harass this woman. Im just thinking that this is the most likely explanation for the events that played out.

I interned at Stardock in 2007 and because it was my first time working in an office I distinctly remember being surprised at the way Brad talked about Alexandra (though I don't think she was in earshot at the time). I even remember remarking to friends outside of work something along the lines of, "Well I guess (borderline) sexual harassment is alive and well in the office workplace." Now having worked at 3 offices since then I see and hear stuff like that all the time, it's not rare and it no longer shocks me. It's rarer that it's done to such a degree that it prompts a lawsuit but little things here and there are likely in every workplace. These comments I overheard at Stardock were not in front of me or even in the same room, I shared an office with another developer but Brad was a loud talker and I frequently overheard conversations in the hall (or maybe it was a nearby office).

Brad is a great guy, I know he'll probably read this. I invite him to search my posting history here and see that I've only ever had nice positive things to say about Stardock and him. I appreciate him giving me the internship that jump-started started my career. But he does say inappropriate things and he's admitted this himself on more than one occasion. There's no need to whitewash the situation. I'll direct you to Miseta's letter and his response in case you've forgotten or have never seen them, the letters are a little less than half way down this page.

Here's a highlight from Brad's response to Alexandra:

I am an inappropriate, sexist, vulgar, and embarrassing person and I'm not inclined to change my behavior. If this is a problem, you will need to find another job.

It's not up to me to judge what is or is not considered sexual harassment. That's up to the person reporting it, possibly HR, and the court. But I do know when someone says something that's inappropriate for the workplace and I do know that I heard it from Brad's mouth about Alexandra. Stardock was a relaxed workplace, I was told to stop wearing a button up shirt and to start wearing a t-shirt. Brad (at least in 2007) was a president and CEO who was always among his employees. He played board games in the lunchroom with them, took us to a movie during the workday (Pirates 3 I believe ) and raised bees behind the building... But I don't believe a relaxed workplace excuses inappropriate comments bordering on sexual harassment.

33. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 06:08 Sepharo

Morga wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 05:59:
She should've at least paid all damages for deleting the company's marketing and analytic data.

Wardell decided to dismiss that lawsuit with prejudice in exchange for Miseta dismissing her lawsuit with prejudice and writing an apology letter that you can read at the Kotaku link in this news post.

Reading is tough. But I believe in you guys.

31. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 05:26 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 05:10:
Well if someone claimed sexual harassement against you, and yet there was no harassement what would you call that?

Once again, where are you getting this from? Are you confused about what a settlement means?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2013, 04:28 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 22:41:
Blue,

Today's popups/rollers:
http://i.imgur.com/ZKxglny.png
http://i.imgur.com/3EsqNGy.png
http://i.imgur.com/Zfovce5.png
http://i.imgur.com/qzm2pp2.png

I missed captures on one for wiper blades and another that I've seen occasionally come up that's a little survey panel at the bottom-center of the page, I haven't been able to identify the advertiser on that one.

Goddamn that Polaris one is so annoying! Always right as I'm clicking on a thread link on the "Forums Index > News Comments" page... "BUMM BUMMM BUMM!" Sorry adblock is going back on.

27. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 04:24 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 04:04:
so she steals and deletes analytics and marketing data (probably to cover up for her own failings) and then cries wolf to get some extra severance pay or at least as insurance against litigation. Which appears to have worked. At a risk of being called a chauvinist, fuck that lying bitch.

I don't see where people are getting the "lying" stuff from. Wardell admitted that he says inappropriate things in the office. Miseta agreed to call off her own lawsuit because there was no way she could win against Stardock's (unrelated in court) lawsuit. She wrote an apology letter that did not recant her claims of sexual harassment and did not admit willful destruction of Stardock property, it simply said she was sorry for the way things turned out. That apology letter was required by Stardock/Wardell for them to drop their lawsuit against her. "Dismissed with prejudice" in these lawsuits were a stipulation of the settlement negotiations not necessarily a determination of the judge(s).

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2013, 22:41 Sepharo

Blue,

Today's popups/rollers:
http://i.imgur.com/ZKxglny.png
http://i.imgur.com/3EsqNGy.png
http://i.imgur.com/Zfovce5.png
http://i.imgur.com/qzm2pp2.png

I missed captures on one for wiper blades and another that I've seen occasionally come up that's a little survey panel at the bottom-center of the page, I haven't been able to identify the advertiser on that one.

15. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 20:34 Sepharo

The suits were settled because Stardock would win the laptop / deleting marketing data suit easily. Miseta's suit was on shakier ground but it doesn't mean she lied about the sexual harassment. Very smart move by Wardell asking for the apology instead of money though. That made Miseta's decision easy... Get definitely sued for big money with only a chance of winning a long and difficult sexual harassment suit or write an apology note and not get definitely sued for big money. That's why Stardock's lawyers were so confident.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2013, 09:26 Sepharo

7-9.

Karma for ragging on Batman last week.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:23 Sepharo

Luke wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 05:13:
Sale a succes now we got the Zombies they are all blinded now , lets go for there Money.

If the wanna go that way go all the way and make it HARDCORE you die...you dead , hell there are enought zombies out there WHO praises this "game"

Well we see how this real Money thing will turn out . ( kids vs kids , real life attack because of ingame kills Money stealing , hell even adults attacking each other over ingame kills , stealing)

"But this is GTA5 mann they can do what ever they want we eat it all"

Clown 's

Keep up the good work Luke.
Maybe a friend or the librarian can help you setup a Kickstarter or something to scrounge together raise enough for your GED.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 22:56 Sepharo

PropheT wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 14:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:28:
All of the games were actually very strange. All 3 weeks this year have been odd and I am sure someone is making a ton of money in Vegas, and the majority of people are losing a ton. Miami is 3-0 WTF!?

Yeah, it's been nuts. Miami is 3-0. The Lions are 3-0. The Vikings, Giants, and Pittsburgh are all 0-3. San Fran is 1-2, they're worse than the Jets right now. It's like football bizarro-world...even if the Vikings are a question mark with Ponder, losing to the Lions (even if they're better than they used to be) and the Browns in the first three weeks is....well.

I'm glad the site issues are taken care of, way too many sites over the years have disappeared on me with just a blip like that :(

Lions are actually 2-1. Lost to the Cardinals.

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
33. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 23, 2013, 05:21 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 03:46:
Is there aimsupport? I'm relatively new to consoles and their fucking controls. I'm playing The Last of Us and ANY TIME I get into a gunfight I just charge toward the fuckers to bash their heads in. Aiming in that game is terribly hard and unforgiving -- aim a milimeter offtarget and you actually miss! That's perfect in PC games ofc, but fuck me it's frustrating with a controller.

So, again.. Does GTAV have any kind of aim support / auto aim? ^^

It has a snap to auto aim when you initially enter aiming mode but that goes away if you adjust. Also there's plenty of time where it's not available like sniper rifles, certain missions, seems like every now and then I can get it when firing from a vehicle but most of the time it's not there.

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
31. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 22, 2013, 23:35 Sepharo

Just hit 35% myself.

Says I've done 13/14 random events though.

6627 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo