Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6555 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
49. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 23:38 Sepharo

Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 23:32:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 23:21:
Poe's law here folks.

Too many similar dumb posts from him for it to be parody, it's sadly the real deal.

Oh I know. But if I saw that anywhere else from anybody else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 23:21 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 23:17:
PropheT wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 22:46:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 18:51:
San Andreas was universally reviled as the worst of the bunch and for many good reasons. No, the best of the series was still Vice City. GTA4 would be after that.

Are you sure? Most the people I've seen have it the other way around and say San Andreas was their favorite and Vice City the worst.

Only the console kiddy wigga gangstas were 'down' with San Andreas. And that's all that was. So yeah, if you were a 14 year old wigga I'm sure it was pretty sweet.

Poe's law here folks.

42. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 20:22 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 20:14:
My only concern with GTA5 is all of the same open space that SA had with NOTHING to do in it. Had to drive across huge terrains with not a damn thing to do or see. It seems like it is space just for the sake of making the game world bigger.....

http://s3.amazonaws.com/grassrootsmapping/warpables/83367/map.jpg

It wasn't exactly nothing, it was sparser than the cities, but that's how a country area is supposed to be. They also had you on chases through those areas quite a bit.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2013, 20:27.

35. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 18:58 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 18:51:
JediPunisher wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 17:17:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 15:57:
Shrug. I have not finished a GTA game since the 2d ones. For me at least, the 3d ones are mostly sandbox police murder games. I don't play the storylines.

Did you play GTA IV? It was far more than a “sandbox police murder game”… It was a Russian mafia sandbox police murder game with the best storyline in the series.
Nevertheless, San Andreas was still my favorite, due to its larger sandbox; That's why I'm excited for GTA V... It looks like San Andreas on steroids.

San Andreas was universally reviled as the worst of the bunch and for many good reasons. No, the best of the series was still Vice City. GTA4 would be after that.

What are the good reasons? I really liked San Andreas. I'd put it at a tie with Vice City. It had less of a good story and setting than Vice City but it made up for it with tons of stuff to do and a huge game world. So like JediPunisher said GTA5 seems to be in that same vein. But hopefully it will deliver on story as well and be the best of both worlds.

12. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 14:28 Sepharo

ViRGE wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:23:
"Apologizing for the spoilers which have ensued"

Seriously? Radio station playlists are apology-worthy these days?

People are too touchy-feely these days or something.

I haven't seen it but I think people were saying the ending was also leaked. That's a pretty major spoiler if true.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 14:17 Sepharo

Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:16:
Splinter Cell Blacklist is actually really, really good. I am surprised by just how good it is since I had totally lost interest in these games after Conviction. The enemy AI is top notch with all sorts of cool features you do not see in other games. The new voice actor for Fisher does a respectable job, Ironside was starting to sound a bit ridiculous anyway. The story is absurd but enjoyable. The stealth gameplay is very well done and challenging. It's obvious they designed the game around stealth too, the run and gun play style is incredibly difficult to pull off at times. There are all sorts of neat little touches in the levels which feel like actual places human beings might inhabit instead of just videogame places.

The PC port is exceptionally well done, Ubisoft should be commended for including just about every adjustment imaginable. The only real negatives so far have been the lack of an FOV adjustment option and a very clunky cover system. I hope the game performs well, they really deserve some success. Ubisoft Toronto did an amazing job on it, Jade Raymond proved her management skills here.

Damn you, it's been a long time since I've played a Splinter Cell but now you have me itching to play this one.

Too bad it's so damn expensive. I think some of those articles on devaluing games might be onto something because where $60 used to seem like the price now it seems absurd.

News Comments > Don't Starve Adds Steam Workshop
2. Re: Don't Starve Adds Steam Workshop Aug 25, 2013, 01:24 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:20:
Such a great game, the kids of today can't appreciate it's depth.

I dunno about that. Kids of today are obsessed with Minecraft and Don't Starve is pretty similar except for the cubes / terrain deformation. Collect up materials to make more complex items and survive the night.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Leaks?
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Leaks? Aug 24, 2013, 20:29 Sepharo

I heard the gunplay is a mix of Max Payne 3, GTA4, and RDR. In rough order of influence.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2013, 14:02 Sepharo

Rumor is that Bryan Cranston is going to be Lex Luthor now.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2013, 23:16 Sepharo

I know it's just preseason, but the Lions made the Patriots look like shit tonight. 4 turnovers in the first 16 minutes while the starters were still out? g-damn.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2013, 23:15 Sepharo

Little dogs can get away with being shitty dogs because their shitty owner can intervene usually. With big dogs, unless the shitty owners leave it outside all day, they'll eventually tire of it and give it up to the pound.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 21, 2013, 23:22 Sepharo

Never really though about it before but Instagram is a pretty genius name. Kind of surprising it wasn't already in use somewhere (or maybe it was and they bought the rights). We could've been calling emails "instagrams"... But I suppose a telegram is already instant so the prefix wouldn't have a very meaningful distinction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegram#Terminology

News Comments > Terminator Games Planned
22. Re: Terminator Games Planned Aug 21, 2013, 21:44 Sepharo

Only Terminator game I've played is the arcade shooting game. Man I remember being stuck on that stupid ambulance/helicopter level forever. I think there were specific points you had to shoot but my kid mind somehow never figured it out. If I got past the level it was always because of luck, not because I actually learned how to complete it.  

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 20:44 Sepharo

Excited for this.

I'm a weirdo though because my #1 selling point is that it's using the source engine. That engine has been my second reality for over a decade now so it just feels right. Not that this is guaranteed to feel right but other drastically different games I've played on the engine have a certain feel tying them together in my opinion. I really dislike the word tying for some reason. Tieing feels better to me, seems like many -ie words have archaic forms that didn't involve the 'y' like, hie, vie, die, lie /secret ramble

36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 20:32 Sepharo

What makes you think "Samir Please" is fake? Seems like a really odd thing to fake. I'd seen a longer one before, this one has been edited down more.

Here's the youtube description:
"The video was taken during the 2013 Rally of Coimbatore, part of the Indian National Rally Championship, on-board the Mitsubishi Evo 10 driven by Samir Thapar and co-driven by Vivek Ponnusamy. The full length version is spread over 3 separate videos and 40 odd minutes and it has been edited into this 3:50 laughter filled-clip."

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 21, 2013, 00:02 Sepharo

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 15:31:
The decline of any medium is directly related to its celebrification (it's a word if I say it is!). Once the person becomes the selling point, as opposed to the product, the focus of the medium shifts from endeavors that improve it to endeavors that expose it.

The fact that anyone would consider a game designer a "star" or celebrity simply cheapens the entire genre. There is a difference between someone who is admired, respected, or acknowledged for his accomplishments and someone who is a gaming celebrity. The bigger the names get, the smaller the games get...

Not entirely sure if it's true, but well said anyway.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount
5. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 23:27 Sepharo

Is this the first preorders have been available? I have a suspicion that I already bought this and forgot.  

News Comments > 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned
10. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:46 Sepharo

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:20:
in other news, games that involve programming computers might only be fun for computer programmers...

That may be, but damn I was thinking it was going to be fun.
Disappointed.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 12:00.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2013, 11:42 Sepharo

I liked Papers Please enough to return to it 3 separate times yesterday... That never happens.

It's always comical how the one bit of info that I don't verify is the one that I'm dinged on. I might need to write down the issuing cities on a real piece of paper next to me since I have no memory and checking the book is a time sink.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
36. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 19:18 Sepharo

Ah sorry I was mistaken. This geocities site with funny pictures now has me rooting for the Russian president/dictator.  

6555 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo