Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
289. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:27 Sepharo

You might need to brush up on what an arbitration court is before we have this conversation.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

287. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:18 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:49:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:16:
From what I've read it sounds like there are arbitration courts that handle civil matters. They still need to be in line with British law. Jewish communities have had arbitration courts like this in England for over 100 years and yet haven't overridden British law yet.

Nobody here in the U.S. is worked up about Judge Judy and Judge Mathis running arbitration courts. Why should I care if Judge Hakeem runs his own arbitration court with a sharia grounding.

Right Seph, and there are more extreme elements pushing for outright Shira. Incidentally read some of the horror stories about those arbitration courts. Women still tend to be treated like sub human.

They can push all they want it's not going to happen. And worrying about it happening is crazy.

I will concede that women are not treated equally. They're not treated equally in many religions and societies. The nice thing about the U.K. and United-States and most "western" countries is that all people are afforded rights by the state including women. They are not the property of their husbands. They are free to leave their husbands, to divorce them, and if their religion or culture does anything criminal or anything that abridges their rights the state should intervene and the perpetrators will find themselves in real criminal court. I can't say I find much sympathy for people "forced" to wear hijab or follow sharia law in the U.S. or U.K. ... They're not forced, they do so to appease their religion, a religion they can freely leave.

283. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 18:16 Sepharo

From what I've read it sounds like there are arbitration courts that handle civil matters. They still need to be in line with British law. Jewish communities have had arbitration courts like this in England for over 100 years and yet haven't overridden British law yet.

Nobody here in the U.S. is worked up about Judge Judy and Judge Mathis running arbitration courts. Why should I care if Judge Hakeem runs his own arbitration court with a sharia grounding.

279. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 17:59 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 17:55:
Or are you fine with Sharia law trumping British law in England?

Didn't know they instituted that.
You should update this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_by_country

271. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 13:14 Sepharo

I wasn't asking you why you thought big business turned on the tea party. I know the answer to that already and explained it to you.  

269. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 12:32 Sepharo

I'm pretty sure you're just incapable of following a conversation because you basically just did it again...

Here I'll start you off:
"I responded with all of those unrelated topics when you described why big business was upset with the tea party because..."

267. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 12:21 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 11:36:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 11:22:
Me - Simply describes why big business is turning on the tea party.

RollinThundr - Obama. Obamacare. Holder. Voter fraud. Black panthers. U.S. citizens should be required to show papers. Racist.

Dude you forgot Benghazi, Obama phones, and long form birth certificate.

adhom adhom strawman, adhom strawman.

Healthcare is a service not a tax.

Hillary Clinton on Bhengazi "what difference does it make what and when the president knew what was happening?"
Hillary Clinton on Watergate in 1974 "What did the president (Nixon) know and when did he know it?"

I never claimed to be a birther, another adhom.

There's plenty of evidence supporting both voter fraud and voter intimidation from the democrats. Again take your god damn fingers out of your ears and look at reality.

You just often miss the point and go on an off topic rant... and that was my point.

"Beholden to big business" in this instance is "not destroying the U.S. economy". Big business likes when the tea party talks about deregulation and lower taxes, they don't like when they make credible threats against the economy... That's not good for business.

I just don't see how those lines warranted a response/rant that included Obama, Obamacare, Holder, Voter Fraud, and Black Panthers.

edit: It actually kind of reminds me of how somebody else responds to questions. But she was actually a little more on topic with her ramble than you in this case.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2013, 12:27.

264. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 Sepharo

Me - Simply describes why big business is turning on the tea party.

RollinThundr - Obama. Obamacare. Holder. Voter fraud. Black panthers. U.S. citizens should be required to show papers. Racist.

Dude you forgot Benghazi, Obama phones, and long form birth certificate.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:18 Sepharo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 17:16:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 16:25:
I know how to solve this. We could make two lines one for Arabs and one for everybody else. The Arabs would get a thorough search and interrogation and the Persians, Indians, Africans, Whites, Asians, and Latinos could pass through the other line mostly undisturbed.

Technically, Iranians (ala Persians) and much of north and east Africa are considered "Arabs".

No technically they're not. Colloquially maybe.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2013, 17:05 Sepharo

One of the guys on a gaming site I read and post on says crazy shit all the time. Sometimes he's just joking though even if it sounds exactly like what crazy people would say.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2013, 16:47 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 16:33:
Quboid wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 09:30:
The number isn't really the issue, AFAIK this was just a test. One would be too many. The Government are keen to point out how few complaints there have been, quietly ignoring the fact that maybe people are too scared to complain (if they send texts to the wrong people, would you trust them not to deport the wrong people?).

The first line is the issue: "Britain continues its slide into official xenophobia". Go Conservatives! Seriously, go. Go away.

Isn't London pretty much full of Muslims at this point? Enjoy your eventual sharia law.

Sarcasm or sincere? Must be sincere because there isn't a smiley face.

245. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2013, 16:34 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:40:
They're turning on them because the TP doesn't want to be beholden to big business like a lot of the Republicans are already. They want to follow the constitution and slim down government. The fact that people have issue with that really does blow my mind. You know rather than keep voting for two sides of the same coin and hope and change that is always more of the same?

"Beholden to big business" in this instance is "not destroying the U.S. economy". Big business likes when the tea party talks about deregulation and lower taxes, they don't like when they make credible threats against the economy... That's not good for business.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 16:25 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:08:
[...] never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane.

How do you figure? Maybe "statistically 100%" is different than just "100%" ? I'm not very good with statistics.

I know how to solve this. We could make two lines one for Arabs and one for everybody else. The Arabs would get a thorough search and interrogation and the Persians, Indians, Africans, Whites, Asians, and Latinos could pass through the other line mostly undisturbed.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Face Noir
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Face Noir Oct 18, 2013, 00:44 Sepharo

Rather than simple repeated left-mouse clicking, the mouse is meant to feel like an extension of the character's arm. So opening a door involves clicking, holding, and dragging the mouse off to the side to open.

Hooray.

214. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 00:39 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 00:34:
Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 21:16:
Oh god, did he really mention "Obama phone?" And he claims to be knowledgeable?

Apparently your sarcasm meter is off.

Yeah he was just trollin.
See it's like Poe's law you can't tell when he's being sincere and when he's parodying the rhetoric that he uh, usually supports. Wait that's not Poe's law.

Are you parodying yourself Rollin? I'm not sure what law of the internet that is.

edit: The Soros thing is sarcasm too right?

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 00:26 Sepharo

Any thoughts on why the "experts" are picking the Redskins over the Bears?

edit: Hmm I guess that's the closest game of the week according to Vegas. You wouldn't know it from the way the players are picking Chicago.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 00:35.

190. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 17, 2013, 14:08 Sepharo

Whatever Verno.
It's common sense.

Hardware > Just finished my new machine
5. No subject Oct 14, 2013, 23:37 Sepharo

The 5870's fan died today.

Started with a loud screeching and now it's a periodic loud grinding noise. It's still "working" for now but the noise is annoying and I suspect it'll totally die and the card will overheat soon.

Going to be replacing with an ASUS MATRIX-R9280X-P-3GD5.

edit: Guess that was sold out... getting this instead:
ASUS ROG MATRIX Radeon HD 7970 Platinum
It'll be here tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2013, 00:22.

News Comments > Steam Controller Demonstration Video
40. Re: Steam Controller Demonstration Video Oct 12, 2013, 15:32 Sepharo

Ladron3dfx wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 14:36:
Can I use a controller if I donít have a Steam machine?
Yes. Itíll work very well with any version of Steam.

With any version of Steam?

So I need the Steam client for the controller to work correctly?

What if I just want the controller and software driver to map the desired games sans the Steam client, sans the SteamOS, sans a fuckin' Steam Machine.

I base my entire identity around hating Steam.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2013, 14:05 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 13:12:
Julio wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 10:00:
Yum, gotta love those chicken nuggets. Beaks & claws all round. Not totally surprising that chicken parts = chicken. I already avoid them, so no worries here.

It's not beaks and claws, lol. Though I have rarely gotten a little piece of bone in something like that (just spit it out like you do when you get something tough off a drumstick). These "scientists" (the one they quote is a professor/MD) found that the nuggets they cut up were half fat, skin, veins, connective tissue, and microscopic bone dust... AKA everything you get when you eat any cut of chicken with the bone in. Oooh, so terrible! It's not like human beings have thrived for thousands of years eating every morsel of an animal they could, no, we must be more discerning, like a child who wants the crusts cut off his PB&J.

Yeah I'm not seeing what's surprising about the findings and Blue's "Hint: Not chicken" doesn't appear to be right. "They're using the remaining parts of the chicken to make processed nuggets after the rest is used for other products? Shocking!" "This just in, an enlarged false color microscopic photo of a nugget doesn't look yummy."

6639 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo