Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6476 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
36. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 19:18 Sepharo

Ah sorry I was mistaken. This geocities site with funny pictures now has me rooting for the Russian president/dictator.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
34. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 17:58 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:49:
Why am I suddenly a fan of scumbag Putin?

Because you're deranged?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 17:22 Sepharo

Nighthawk wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:09:
It's greed plain and simple, it's not like most players don't know the real names (although, I didn't know the current model of the AH-1 is Viper, and no longer Cobra/Super).
Brings me back to when Counter Strike changed the names of the weapons...

It's funny with the latest update to add the inventory and drop system Valve has gone back to the "real" names for the first time in years.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2013, 17:19 Sepharo

My car before was a 2001 Mercury Sable which was a rebadge/variant of the Taurus. I like big sedans but also wanted speed and luxury... so Taurus SHO was perfect, other option would've been a Lincoln MKS but it's slower.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2013, 15:09 Sepharo

I also love driving. Back in April I picked up a 2013 Taurus SHO with the performance package. I basically got it so I could drive like a wild man and not have to worry so much about the car. Some people don't like that adaptive steering or whatever it's called but I like being able to go into a sharp turn at 50 and have the car take care of it Also now if somebody's driving is bothering me I can pass them in a moment regardless of my or their current speed. It's a heavy car but it's a beast 3.5L 365hp twin-turbo, 0-60 in 5.2 . Also while I didn't get the luxury model upgrades (it was actually a little hard to get a package that had the performance but not the luxury upgrade) it's still extremely nice inside. Out of all the cool ancillary shit it does/has, one of my favorites is the adjusting seat and wheel. So when I turn the car off the wheel goes up and the seat goes back and then when I get back in the opposite happens, push the start button and it slides me into position. It can also hold multiple settings like that if there's more than one driver. Makes it easier for me to get out of the car with my work bag and usually my lunch/dinner all in one go.  

News Comments > Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft
33. Re: Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft Aug 15, 2013, 23:44 Sepharo

wtf_man wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 21:35:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 21:01:
How does it do that?

After around 30 days, the steam icon in the system tray disappears and you can't launch your steam games anymore without going online (then going back into offline mode again, if you want to stay offline).

Never knew that. That's pretty shitty, I assumed you could verify once and be offline forever if that's what you wanted to do.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2013, 21:13 Sepharo

I have 3 wolf moon. 3 teen wolf moon. 3 keyboard cat moon.
I think I have more but that's all I can remember

edit: I misunderstood your comment before reading the article but it's still sadly true.

-
Banana Slicer-
"Gone are the days of biting off slice-sized chunks of banana and spitting them onto a serving tray….

Rotfl

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2013, 21:09 Sepharo

It's an internet "problem" not a gamer one.
And I say "problem" because the solution is to simply ignore it.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Deal Update
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Deal Update Aug 15, 2013, 21:03 Sepharo

It's the same system they have in TF2 but presently just for weapon skins without attribute modifiers. Though you can tell that's probably on it's way because they gave everybody a silenced M4A1 and a silenced USP which you need to swap from the inventory into your loadout slots and those guns do have accuracy/dmg/rate modifiers.

3rd party gun game mods actually won't work if you've swapped in the new guns (not sure for skins since I haven't unlocked any yet) because the mod won't let you level up getting kills with the silenced usp. Assuming because the mods work off of python scripts that read the event log so seeing "USP-S" instead of "P2000" it won't register a successful level/kill.

News Comments > Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft
31. Re: Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft Aug 15, 2013, 21:01 Sepharo

wtf_man wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 18:34:
It pisses me off that Steam makes me login once a month...

How does it do that?

News Comments > Battle.net Desktop App Beta
2. Re: Battle.net Desktop App Beta Aug 14, 2013, 22:51 Sepharo

I'm kind of amazed they didn't already have this.
Party like it's still 2004 I guess.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 22:36 Sepharo

Paying people a dollar an hour is also better business sense but luckily they're prevented from doing that.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 21:28 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 15:25:
There are some other issues with business taxes or health care regulations, etc., which force a lot of companies to hire ZERO full-time employees outside of management.

They're not forced to do that. They do it because it's more profitable for them.

Skip down to about the 10th paragraph of this article to see how this anti-Walmart takes care of its employees.
Meet the Low-Key, Low-Cost Grocery Chain Being Called ‘Walmart’s Worst Nightmare’

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2013, 09:47 Sepharo

Drazula wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 09:11:
Talk about self serving. Not getting credit hurts integrity? How about gaining integrity in ways that matter to gamers! Like stop giving glowing reviews to games published by advertisers. Like asking tough questions when you talk to publishers/developers instead of sounding like you have a cup in your hand: "Please sir, may I have somemore."

Game journalist behave like game publishers can crush them. Game journalists need to behave like THEY can make or break games. Even if it is not true, that should be their approach.

"Oh an article on A huh? BUT WHAT ABOUT B?!?!"

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 14, 2013, 09:41 Sepharo

That's a sensational headline for what amounts to a smackdown on a meritless class action attempt.

"So wait, you're telling me that a computer needs to "read" the bits in my email to send it across the line? A program analyzes my incoming email to determine if it's spam? Outrageous! No algorithm needs to know my personal business!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Countdown
13. Re: The Witcher 3 Countdown Aug 14, 2013, 02:02 Sepharo

John wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:36:
The timer has just under 18 hours remaining before it hits zero...
Hmm, I assume you meant just under 28 hours as there are still more than 25 hours now.

Update: Edited because "math am hard."

Dude, math are so hard you don't even know man.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
48. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 01:49 Sepharo

Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 21:09:
Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:00:
Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:52:
Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:30:
Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:03:
Well what's the only game they didn't port? RDR? It's never really been a question of it coming to the PC so much as when.

And RDR may be a fluke. That was one of the most troubled development cycles to actually manage to release a game. The general consensus around the industry was that the entire studio was going to collapse. Instead they released a moody, atmospheric blockbuster, but it seems that it may have all come together at the last second.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar was caught off-guard by RDRs success and really had plans to move away from it as quickly as possible. It may explain why we've heard zilch from that studio, too - I really think they were in limbo at release and Rockstar ended up very delicately trying to figure out how to fix their massive flaws without ruining whatever it was that made RDR great.

So they wait years to figure out if RDR is a hit and then consider it for release on PC? I find that scenario hard to believe. As has been pointed out by me, and others, Rockstar is out to make money. It makes no sense not to release RDR unless there's a financial reason. And in my opinion, that reason is to feed the 'fear' that Rockstar might not release every game to the PC, thus building their sales on console releases. This way they get the most from the consoles, then get the most from PC buyers and some double-dippers. What could be better than that? (Financially, anyway) RDR may come out later down the line, but I doubt it. There's really nothing about RDR that would make it uniquely difficult to bring to PC. It's certainly not any different from say, LA Noire, which I would think would be much harder to port, given it's various technologies. RDR is basically GTA in the wild west. The only logical reason for them not to release it would be financial not technical.

=-Rigs-=

There was a financial reason - they didn't expect the game to do well and, more importantly, didn't think they could take a single person off of the development of the console version to put them on any form of PC port. PC ports aren't free - they cost money. And they require someone to perform them. Even if they're done by a different studio, you still have to have some of your engineers working on the engine and providing support to the external team. And everyone else on the team needs to be available to answer questions. And a producer from the original is probably overseeing the port.
Go reread all the "Rockstar Spouse" reports and tell me if they sound as if they could have spared this. And, when Rockstar seemed to think this would be a failure, hell, basically the entire industry expected this to be the next Trespasser or Daikatana, why would you spend a dime to port it?

Your "fear" argument makes little sense.

Holy shit, Beamer, did you even READ what I said? All of it?!

Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:52:
The only logical reason for them not to release it would be financial not technical.

Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:30:
There was a financial reason

Speechless

Either I'm stupid or you just re-enforced what I just said...

=-Rigs-=

Nobody mentioned that RDR was extremely buggy for a console game and that Rockstar wasn't willing to re-release the multiple known issues with RDR on PC. A combination of that, the porting effot/cost, and low sales expectation is the reason we didn't (and likely still won't) get PC RDR.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 12, 2013, 23:42 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 22:58:
They won't have any problems finding conservative politicians and Tea Party members to harass through the elections.

Hahaha what? The best strategy for dealing with those guys is giving them as much air time as possible.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2013, 21:40 Sepharo

Cops  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 11, 2013, 05:11 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 04:24:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 15:58:
Reducing the amount of employees that have god-mode access to the most sophisticated and wide reaching spy system ever developed is a good thing no matter where you stand on the topic.

I'd rather have more human eyes on it than less. The only reason we know about this shit with any certainty is because there was a human who saw what was going on and decided it wasn't right.

You can do that without full access. A role could be created specifically to deal with review and oversight alone.

6476 Comments. 324 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo